PDA

View Full Version : Iraq National Team coach, 2 players murdered by Sunni militants

vogus
May 26th, 2006, 05:09 PM
(got this from MTF, sorry if it's off-topic)

the Sunni militants shot to death Iraq's national tennis team coach Ahmed Rachid and 2 players because they were wearing shorts, which the militants had forbidden.

Infiniti2001
May 26th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Ignorant fucks :fiery:

Klaudia
May 26th, 2006, 05:17 PM
So horrible! Those people over there are so cruel.

Maryamator
May 26th, 2006, 05:21 PM
where the players davis cup players?

timafi
May 26th, 2006, 05:21 PM
:eek: :sad: :sad: :mad: :mad:

Scotso
May 26th, 2006, 05:25 PM
:(

-sugi-
May 26th, 2006, 05:31 PM
this is terrible :sad: :mad:

Nickk
May 26th, 2006, 05:34 PM
How fucked up the world is over there... :mad: :rolleyes: :sad:

controlfreak
May 26th, 2006, 05:35 PM
This story would be less ironic if they had been shot by Raini militants.

AlwaysGraf
May 26th, 2006, 05:36 PM
How fortunate most of us are not to be from there. That's terrible. What goes through the minds of these people.

shirgan
May 26th, 2006, 06:20 PM
:( :sad:

LefandePatty
May 26th, 2006, 06:24 PM
:retard:

griffin
May 26th, 2006, 06:28 PM
:sad:

GrandSlam05
May 26th, 2006, 06:51 PM
(got this from MTF, sorry if it's off-topic)

the Sunni militants shot to death Iraq's national tennis team coach Ahmed Rachid and 2 players because they were wearing shorts, which the militants had forbidden.
Proof that not all of us came from Adam and Eve. If so, they wouldn't 200x more psychotic. :retard:

jacobruiz
May 26th, 2006, 07:01 PM
I wish the moderate muslim leaders around the world would condemn acts like this.:fiery:

tennisbuddy12
May 26th, 2006, 08:15 PM
just sad

Uranus
May 26th, 2006, 08:20 PM
:shock:

Dawn Marie
May 26th, 2006, 08:43 PM
I am shocked and this is truely upsetting.

pla
May 26th, 2006, 08:46 PM
I wish the moderate muslim leaders around the world would condemn acts like this.:fiery:

A lot of them do it, fact is that the media is not interested in peaceful Muslim leaders- it's not "sensational" :o

The situation of the people of Iraq is more than horrible and this proves it once again.

blamoh
May 26th, 2006, 08:55 PM
You people are talking about Sunni militants, why not ask yourself just this
simple question WHY The AMERICANS INVADED THE COUNTRY?
How many people die per day before the Americans arrived? NONE.
Now almost more 50 people die everyday.
When Saddam was in power no sunni militants murder anybody. The American
occupation created all these bullshits because they favour one group over the other.

hingis-seles
May 26th, 2006, 09:16 PM
As a Sunni muslim, I must say this is disgusting. I don't know who these people are but they definitely do not apply to the same ideology I do nor do they have the same mindset or mentality as me. Disgusting.

Infiniti2001
May 26th, 2006, 09:19 PM
occupation created all these bullshits because they favour one group over the other.

GET over yourself :rolleyes: As if it's only Americans condemming this UGH :mad:

pla
May 26th, 2006, 09:26 PM
As a Sunni muslim, I must say this is disgusting. I don't know who these people are but they definitely do not apply to the same ideology I do nor do they have the same mindset or mentality as me. Disgusting.

I profoundly respect people that can see the human tragedy and not only the religion or politics. If proven the three men were killed for this reason, one should remember very well your words and not forget them.

mykarma
May 26th, 2006, 11:28 PM
What makes you think they won't. The people that did this are sick, but their are sick people everywhere.

mykarma
May 26th, 2006, 11:32 PM
GET over yourself :rolleyes: As if it's only Americans condemming this UGH :mad:
Do you disagree with his statement?

Boss monkey
May 26th, 2006, 11:33 PM
that is so sad :sad:

Infiniti2001
May 27th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Do you disagree with his statement?

Yes I do, because one has nothing to do with the other. The guys were killed because they wore shorts which is NOT permitted. These are militants/terrorists, they'd find a way to kill them whether the Americans invaded Iraq or not :rolleyes:

St.Sebastian
May 27th, 2006, 12:55 AM
:sad: that is sick :mad:

Staticbeef
May 27th, 2006, 01:52 AM

:worship: :worship: Thank you, I was waiting for somebody who actually IS Muslim to condemn this egregious act :worship: :worship:

Diesel
May 27th, 2006, 02:49 AM
:worship: :worship: Thank you, I was waiting for somebody who actually IS Muslim to condemn this egregious act :worship: :worship:

People in general have to condemn such actions.

Martian Willow
May 27th, 2006, 03:01 AM

Wrong. :)

CoryAnnAvants#1
May 27th, 2006, 03:27 AM
I think that's absolutely horrible and my condolences go out to the families. However, I do have a tennis related question to this though...

I've never seen an Iraqi player ever pop up in the draws of any ITF professional or junior event, and I've never seen an Iraqi Davis Cup or Fed Cup team. So what exactly do these teams practice for? Is it just that they're the best in the country and this is what they get paid to do?

mykarma
May 27th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Yes I do, because one has nothing to do with the other. The guys were killed because they wore shorts which is NOT permitted. These are militants/terrorists, they'd find a way to kill them whether the Americans invaded Iraq or not :rolleyes:
I'm certainly not making any excuses for this sick act, but the militants have more access to perform their torture since the Americans invasion. That's just my opinion.

shirgan
May 27th, 2006, 05:33 PM
I think that's absolutely horrible and my condolences go out to the families. However, I do have a tennis related question to this though...

I've never seen an Iraqi player ever pop up in the draws of any ITF professional or junior event, and I've never seen an Iraqi Davis Cup or Fed Cup team. So what exactly do these teams practice for? Is it just that they're the best in the country and this is what they get paid to do?
They do play Davis Cup,
they are in Group IV in Asia/Oceania
They last played on April this year
The women's Fed Cup team played last in 2000.

I don't think they play tournies though

borisy
May 27th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Related:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-2199287,00.html

SelesFan70
May 27th, 2006, 07:00 PM

Don't hold your breath. :)

SelesFan70
May 27th, 2006, 07:00 PM
I'm certainly not making any excuses for this sick act, but the militants have more access to perform their torture since the Americans invasion. That's just my opinion.

:rolleyes:

SelesFan70
May 27th, 2006, 07:05 PM

:spit:

*JR*
May 27th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Its not just your opinion, its the truth (whether SF70 wants to admit what the numbers say or not). And re. this specific crime, Iraq was a rather secular country under Saddam, cruel as he was to those he saw as a threat to the regime.