PDA

View Full Version : Will Hingis Play Doubles/Mixed?

Martian KC
May 26th, 2006, 04:42 PM
I hope at least mixed with Mahesh!!!! :bounce:

FaceyFacem
May 26th, 2006, 04:49 PM
that's a good question...i mean, she still did well at australia in singles even playing the doubles, but i think she's fit and ready for this singles, i wouldn't complicate things if it's really all about winning the singles for her

wimbledonwinner
May 26th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Hopefully she will play the mixed.

DannerCal
May 26th, 2006, 05:32 PM
If she does not play mixed here - I definitely think she would play mixed on grass.
When she played in Oz she was just coming back and needed the match play. Now she needs to stay fresh!

Kunal
May 26th, 2006, 05:40 PM
has to play with mahesh

they are really good together

Andy T
May 26th, 2006, 06:00 PM
I think she'd be wise to drop one of the two doubles events.

rrfnpump
May 26th, 2006, 06:02 PM
I was at AWTC this week
and had the chance to talk to Bob Bryan

I am back from the ARAG World Team Cup and I brought some Vera news with me :p
I was chasing Bob Bryan there to ask him if he would team up with Vera at the French Open. The Bryans were everywhere there and it was not hard to find them, but the problem was when they were in public without a tennis racquet I couldnt tell who is who :o But then they practiced on a court where nobody except me and some others were watching. After practice I pretended to want an autograph and when Bob signed I asked "Hey Bob, will you play mixed with Vera at Roland Garros?. He looked at me a bit surprised but then came up with a cheesy smile "No, I think I am going to play with Martina!". I was asking then if he had asked her first this time, but he said that she asked him and he couldnt say no to Martina. In my mind I was like "Oh yeah, Bob, and I am the pope :o".

lynch79
May 26th, 2006, 06:08 PM
I was at AWTC this week
and had the chance to talk to Bob Bryan

Did he mean Navratilova or Hingis?

adison-hingis
May 26th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Definitely, Martina Hingis

Nihil
May 26th, 2006, 06:17 PM
haha pretended to want an autograph. poor bryans ;)

jonny84
May 26th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Would be good to see her win the mixed!

n25
May 28th, 2006, 04:06 PM
One of the Bryans will play with Martina but the Navratilova so no quite sure if he was refering to Hingis..

And what about Ladies doubles.. Martinax2 since some gossips around Liezel playing with Mirza and knowing that Navratilova will play doubles???

charmedRic
May 28th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Shouldn't the draw dispell all myths?

LUIS9
May 28th, 2006, 05:48 PM
If she does not play mixed here - I definitely think she would play mixed on grass.
When she played in Oz she was just coming back and needed the match play. Now she needs to stay fresh!

I really hope she plays mix with Mahesh. If not she'l definitely play at wimby, she knows on grass her chances are pretty bleak of making it past the quarters unless she gets handed a fairy tale draw.

LUIS9
May 28th, 2006, 05:55 PM
BTW, when does the mixed doubles draw come out?

AJZ.
May 28th, 2006, 06:18 PM
BTW, when does the mixed doubles draw come out?

Who knows anymore. The RG site has no dates for Doubles draws.

henmanhill
May 28th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Did he mean Navratilova or Hingis?
It's Navratilova. She asked him a while ago and he (allegedly) didn't dare say no! :lol:

I hope Hingis conentrates on singles. Partly b/c I'd like her to do well and partly b/c I want Martina to win the doubles and mixed! :bounce:

Barlos
May 28th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Don't count on this but I hear it's been on Indian TV that Mahesh and Martina will team up again here. I hope so, it's good practice for Martina and they will be tough to stop.