PDA

View Full Version : My Roland Garros 2006 preview. (Pironkova, Jankovic, Golovin and Chakvetadze added!)

santhuruu
May 26th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Wow the time goes fast and Roland Garros is coming, I thought that I would like to make a preview of the players.

Amelie Mauresmo.
Well it's very amazing that she finally has won a Grand Slam! I'm really happy for her like most people are. Well she didn't have the claycourt season that she has wished for yet. She got blown away in Berlin by Justine, but she played very good at that moment. The strong points on Clay of Mauresmo are her backhand and her volleys. If she keeps those things strong enough than she could come very far in this Grand Slam. Everyone knows that she didn't have that much of succes yet in Paris, but she is getting stronger every time. Don't forget that she has won the last two big events, The Australian Open and the YEC. But she is also a lot more mentally strong since then. Physical she is also okay in my eyes. But her first round opponent isn't that easy to beat I think. It's Meghan Shaughnessy, and she has won the title on clay in Rabat so a good opponent to Mauresmo, so Mauresmo has to make sure that she is right there from the start, which I'm sure she will! The best of luck for Mauresmo!

Kim Clijsters
Wow, it's good to see Kim again on the claycourt, she plays so beautiful on clay especially when she does the split and I'm sure everyone is eager to see the athletic abilities of Clijsters again. Clijsters has got some good matchplay on Clay with reaching the quarters in Rome I think and don't forget that she has won Warsaw. Strong points Clijsters: Strong forehand, good serve, good athletic abilities. Some weakerpoints, can get quick injury on claycourts sometimes shaky volleys, but most of the times she is very good on those points though. Clijsters first round opponent is Razzano, she is also a good player but I'm sure Kim won't underestimate her for sure! The best of luck to Kim!

Nadia Petrova
My goodness she had an amazing claycourt season with sweaping three claycourt titles! But the question is if she is not too tired cause she has played a lot and my compliments for it! Strong points: Big serve, big backhand, good netgame. Some what weakerpoints, her forehand is sometimes shaky, frustration is sometimes too much. Her first round opponent is Morigami if I'm not wrong, wow she is a tough one to beat in the first round, and Petrova must make sure that she is fit, cause her opponent likes to make long rallies. Good luck to Petrova!

Maria Sharapova
I really hope she is okay and that she is healthy and that she won't be bothered by her feet. Sharapova hasn't played one singles match on clay and might must have some matchplay. So I think she will have some real tough matches in the begin stage of Roland Garros. But it's good to have her back! Strong points, big groundies and big grunt, weaker points: movement (at this moment) and volleys. Her dropshots have improved I think. First round opponent is Mashona Washington. She is not affraid for sure for Sharapova, cause she had beaten her once before. So Sharapova must be fully concentrated. To beat her opponent her big groundies must be good. Good luck to Sharapova!

Henin-Hardenne.
How great is it to watch Justine on clay, she is soo strong on clay and is incredibly smart on the claycourts. She always has that something extra when she plays at Roland Garros and that's good to see. She is also fully focused and she isn't bothered by the media. She has some normal claycourt results with reaching the semi's in Charleston and reaching the final in Berlin and don't forget that she had won some mouthwatering matches against Petrova and Dementieva. Strong points: Backhand and netgame, weakerpoints: Forehand and serve. First round opponent is Ani, I've heard some good things about her, but I've never seen her play. Sounds like a promising player but I think she is not a real danger for Henin. Good luck Henin-Hardenne!

Elena Dementieva
Dementieva has grown since last year in my opinion! She has won Tokyo for example her biggest title now! Her serve has also improved in my eyes. She is hitting less double faults. Her fitnesslevel is amazingly high. Her groundies are superb and she is very consistent in the rally. So it could be an amazing tournament for Dementieva this year! Strong point: Very fit and good groundies and good movement, weaker points: volley and sometimes the second serve because of nerves. It happened a lot that Dementieva sometimes lost her concentration and that suddenly a string of errors and double faults came, but I think Dementieva worked on it though. Her first round opponent is Sucha, but actually I think this should be a peace of cake to Dementieva, I think Sucha doesn't really have the weapons to beat Dementieva. I think Dementieva could win this in two easy sets. Good luck Dementieva!

Schnyder
Schnyder is one of the most mysterious players at this moment, she played good in Charleston and Berlin and Rome but lost to Muller in the first round in Strasbourg. Schnyder is a very good player on clay with especially her forehand and tricks in her tricksbox like the lobs and dropshots. Strong points: Forehand, serve and trickbox. Weaker points: concentration and backhand. It's especially her concentration and being focused on the important moments that made sure she lost matches. Cause in Rome I saw Schnyder lost her concentration and Venus noticed that and came out swinging. If she could work more on that, Schnyder is very dangerous! Schnyder also has a tough draw with Venus in it but more important Krajicek. Krajicek is doing a good job in Istanbul and she has got the ability to play very good against Schnyder. But she could also be tired if she has to play on Sunday cause she might have a jetlag. The best of luck to Schnyder!

Svetlana Kuznetsova
AMAZING GOOD POWERWOMAN KUZZIE!!! BANG BOOM KADENG!!! Those are the three words in my opinion to describe Kuznetsova's game. She has got the best powergame at this moment on clay! She played amazingly good in her tournaments that she has played on clay. Kuznetsova is also more consistent in the rally! Strong points: Forehand, Backhand, athletic abilities. Weakerpoints: her nerves and consistency. Those were the facts I think she lost the marathon matches! But I think she is more mature, and don't forget that she is still very young than she looks like! I don't see any problem with Granville, it should be an easy task for Kuzzie! Lots of luck to Kuznetsova!

Venus Williams
IT"S AMAZING TO HAVE YOU BACK ON COURT WITH DADDY RICHARD!!! Those are the first words that I would like to say! Venus amazed me by reaching the quarters in Warsaw and semi's in Rome! She played good matches and has a major boost of confidence because of the three set matches she won in Warsaw and Rome! Her strong points are her groundies and movement and athletic abilities her weaker points are her volley's, serve and consistency in the rally. But she is working on it. But I think because her serve isn't that powerfull yet she might have tough matches. Her first round opponent is Bammer and she likes to have long rallies and don't underestimate her cause she is very talented and had some big succes in Linz last year! Good luck Venus!

Martina Hingis
FIRST OF ALL AMAZINGLY BIG WELCOME BACK TO TENNIS AND YOU TO MOTHER MELANIE! It's amazing to see the smartness of Hingis on the courts and I like the mother of Hingis both of them are soo kind. And it's also one of the strongest points of Hingis that she is enjoying every moment of the game even if she is frustrated cause she missed an easy ball she still keeps smiling and positive. Many know that the serve is the weakest point, but if the other aspects of Hingis her game are strong she isn't really that depended on her serve. Her first round opponent is Lisa Raymond, shouldn't be that tough but as Hingis says never underestimate your opponents! And what also is good of Hingis is that she said that she still felt the underdog for winning the title and that is very smart (logic she is smart!:p) to say that, cause she won't be pressuring her self! The best of luck to Hingis too.

If you want me too make a preview of an other player please say it and I will try!

Asif_Nawaz
May 26th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Alg!!

santhuruu
May 26th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Okay Anna Lena Groenefeld,

Well she had a decent clay season I think, I think it's not her most favorite surface but she can play some good tennis on it. Her good points are her serve and backhand and volleys. The weakpoints I think are her forehand and movement. I have noticed that Groenefeld doesn't move optimal cause I've seen her running so much faster than she has done this year. Her forehand is sometimes shaky too. Her first round opponent is Camille Pin, she loves to take players to longer rallies and she has some decent groundies, Anna better be ready for it but I think Camille won't be a to big of a problem!

LilMashaFan
May 26th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Maria Kirilenko

santhuruu
May 26th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Maria Kirilenko

Okay,

Maria Kirilenko.

She is a dangerous contender in Paris. She has got a good serve good groundies and don't forget her amazing movement. Her weakness at this moment is her movement, cause she is quite bothered by her knee. I hope it is over now. Her opponent is the unknown Severine Bremond so I don't dare to say anything about her. But if Kirilenko's serve and groundies are consistent she shouldn't have much trouble I think. Good luck Kirilenko!

Nicjac
May 26th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Interesting read.

Ivanovic?

Chris 84
May 26th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Pauline Parmentier? :bounce: :D

SloKid
May 26th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Qualifier please :)

She's playing Dulko. Is she French, haven't heard of her. :D

santhuruu
May 26th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Interesting read.

Ivanovic?

Okay.

Ana Ivanovic

Ivanovic is the new blessing for Serbia Montenegro I think. She has got a very good technique in her game. She enjoys tennis too and she can come out very dangerous too. She also beated last year Mauresmo despite of having pain in her wrist. Her strongest point is the technique. Somewhat weaker point is her fitness. I didn't have the impression she workout very hard, but hey why does she need a good fitness level if she hits the ball clean every time. And she does work very hard and is eager for every win! She definetely must be eager and ready for Samantha Stosur. Samantha is playing quite good on the claycourts at this moment. Had some good succes too. Her strongest point is obviously the serve and the volleys. So Ivanovic needs to be fully focused from the beginning. Good luck Ivanovic.

DarkchildSwiss
May 26th, 2006, 05:12 PM
great preview.

muniu
May 26th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Thnx :worship:

Niki pls :D

santhuruu
May 26th, 2006, 05:39 PM

I really really wished that I could make a preview of this player, but unfortunately I don't have heard or seen anything of her. Sorry again!

santhuruu
May 26th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Thnx :worship:

Niki pls :D

Okay I'll try.

Nicole Vaidisova

She is an amazing young talented and a hungry full person. She wants to win very bad and that's good! She wants more and more and she works very hard to accomplish as much as she can. She is doing well in Strasbourg and she is playing now the final of WTA Strasbourg against Shuai Peng. Nicole Vaidisova's strongest point is I think her serve. Her groundies are okay too. Weaker point is definetely the volleys and the experience. She is still very young and I think she needs to build op the experience because she can play a lot better I believe in the future too. She is playing in the first round against Marta Domachowska. I think that Domachowska is also a powerplayer but she misses the consistency in the rallies and if Nicole takes advantage of that she could win this round very well. Good luck Vaidisova!

WhatTheDeuce
May 26th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Karolina Sprem :p

santhuruu
May 26th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Karolina Sprem :p

Hmmm I knew and felt that that one would come, I'm going to try.

Karolina Sprem.

This player amazed us all at WTA Berlin during the semifinals against Venus Williams, she prooved that she is a very talented player with a lot of discipline. She works out a lot and fights for everything. Even when she had that down period in 2005 she remained to stay positive. And it works out bit by bit cause she had I think solid performances on the claycourts. We all know the famous story of Wimbledon 2004 second round Sprem vs. Venus but out of that incident Karolina Sprem played very solid and got managed to reach the quarterfinals that year. But back to the reality. If she can keep up the consistency she could be almost unbeatable, cause her groundstrokes are so hard and at the same time very deep too. Her serve is also very good. Her weakpoints are still though the volleys and dropshots and she still has got work to do to get back to the consistency in the rallies she produced in the year 2004. She might come far and surprise us all again. Maybe a rematch of Sprem vs. Venus, it's possible! Good luck Sprem!

iPatty
May 26th, 2006, 09:06 PM
How about, oh, Shuai Peng? :D

Corswandt
May 26th, 2006, 09:44 PM
It's just wonderful that you put all this effort on your previews.

A deserved *bump* then, and a few comments.

Kim Clijsters

Clijsters first round opponent is Razzano, she is also a good player but I'm sure Kim won't underestimate her for sure!

Razzano sucks. Unless we see Clijsters on full blown near tanking mode (as, say, in Rome first round), this will be a rout.

Nadia Petrova
Her first round opponent is Morigami if I'm not wrong, wow she is a tough one to beat in the first round, and Petrova must make sure that she is fit, cause her opponent likes to make long rallies.

Fitness is not a problem with Petrova. Even when she is injured or otherwise diminished, she has proven she can still win the match by digging in and outlasting her opponent - which is remarkable, for a player who was better known for her catastrophic lapses in concentration.

I'll be very much surprised in Morigami doesn't get blown off the court.

Henin-Hardenne.
Strong points: Backhand and netgame, weakerpoints: Forehand and serve.

JHH's BH adds great versatility to her game, but her BH side can be successfully attacked and gradually dismantled by a persistent, patient opponent. Her FH is a very powerful shot. It can sometimes be unreliable, but I haven't seen JHH's FH collapsing since the AO. I'd say JHH's biggest weakness right now is her lack of stamina, her apparent inability to survive lengthy matches, from a mental and physical POV. A GS adds extra motivation, so there's a chance this won't be that much of a problem.

First round opponent is Ani, I've heard some good things about her, but I've never seen her play. Sounds like a promising player but I think she is not a real danger for Henin.

I've seen her play, and you're right, she isn't a threat. She lacks power, has no big weapons, doesn't do much in the way of variations in her game, and isn't very aggressive. The second time I saw her (in Berlin), she seemed to have overcome the terrible problems she had with her serve at the Estoril Open. She's VERY hot though. :drool:

Elena Dementieva
Dementieva has grown since last year in my opinion! She has won Tokyo for example her biggest title now! Her serve has also improved in my eyes. She is hitting less double faults. Her fitnesslevel is amazingly high. Her groundies are superb and she is very consistent in the rally. So it could be an amazing tournament for Dementieva this year! Strong point: Very fit and good groundies and good movement, weaker points: volley and sometimes the second serve because of nerves. It happened a lot that Dementieva sometimes lost her concentration and that suddenly a string of errors and double faults came, but I think Dementieva worked on it though. Her first round opponent is Sucha, but actually I think this should be a peace of cake to Dementieva, I think Sucha doesn't really have the weapons to beat Dementieva. I think Dementieva could win this in two easy sets. Good luck Dementieva!

This is a fair assessment. Add to Lena's weaknesses the lack of a game plan - which is why players with court savvy like JHH or even Dulko own her. Lena's clay season has been for the most dire, but a GS is a different matter.

Svetlana Kuznetsova
AMAZING GOOD POWERWOMAN KUZZIE!!! BANG BOOM KADENG!!! Those are the three words in my opinion to describe Kuznetsova's game. She has got the best powergame at this moment on clay! She played amazingly good in her tournaments that she has played on clay. Kuznetsova is also more consistent in the rally! Strong points: Forehand, Backhand, athletic abilities. Weakerpoints: her nerves and consistency. Those were the facts I think she lost the marathon matches! But I think she is more mature, and don't forget that she is still very young than she looks like! I don't see any problem with Granville, it should be an easy task for Kuzzie! Lots of luck to Kuznetsova!

Sveta still isn't a great rally-er. She either wins points quickly or not at all, because her footwork and court coverage aren't as good as the players she has to beat for the really big titles, particularly once she is put on the defensive, and because she's inconsistent.

Venus Williams
Her strong points are her groundies and movement and athletic abilities her weaker points are her volley's, serve and consistency in the rally.

Venus' volleys may be unorthodox, but her huge wingspan and net coverage make her virtually impassable at the net.

Viktymise
May 26th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Wow good preview Santuuru and whoever said razzano wasnt good i seen her play kuznetsova at Wimbldon 04 and she is full of talent, has some great shots

ste86
May 26th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Francesca Schiavone?!?

SzavayFi
May 26th, 2006, 10:35 PM
what do you think of Daniela Hantuchova :yeah:

SvetaPleaseWin.
May 26th, 2006, 11:41 PM
:worship: love the section on sveta

any chance of a pennetta preview :D

AlwaysGraf
May 26th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Can I just say that your post was a joy to read. Your words seemed very sincere. Wishing all the players good luck-it makes a change from all the hatred towards players. :)

santhuruu
May 27th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Francesca Schiavone?!?

Okay, I'll try,

Francesca Schiavone.

Francesca is also one of the many fantastic players to watch on clay. The magic thing of Schiavone is that she sweeps up the audience and she enjoys it all on the court. She loves to perform but at the same time she is a fighter with a lot of hunger out there! She had some good solid results on the claycourts with the highlight of reaching the finals in Amelia Island. Schiavone can do it all. Her strong points are her movement, backhand and grunting, don't forget that cause it's impressing. The somewhat weaker points she can work on is I think her frustration, sometimes if she misses an easy ball she is thinking to long about that miss. She shouldn't do that though cause everyone misses an easy ball. Schiavone will begin her Roland Garros 2006 against Alonya Bondarenko. I haven't seen her play yet but I saw a few times her sister Katarina was her name I think. Sounds like a promising player but I believe Schiavone start rounds are one of the strongest if you compare it to other players that are playing the begin rounds in other tournaments. But Schiavone shouldn't underestimate her! Good luck, or must I say FORZA SCHIAVONE!!!

santhuruu
May 27th, 2006, 10:41 AM
How about, oh, Shuai Peng? :D

Ooh yes, I really like Shuai Peng, she seems a very nice person to me!:D

Shuai Peng.

This Chinese player is a hard working person just like the other Chinese players! I love that in sportathletes. She has a double handed backhand and forehand, one thing you don't see much but it's a quite powerfull combination. Those are the strongest points. She has got somewhat weaker points, but I don't know if they have improved yet cause I remember when she played Davenport in Roland Garros last year she was very very close to beat her. She missed a few easy balls too. And the main thing is that Shuai loses her concentration and focus very easily. I hope she has worked on that, cause if she is mentally strong enough she could get all over you and proove the Peng haters all wrong. What also is a weaker point and I hope she worked on that is her footwork with combination of the double handed fore- and backhand. Cause I saw her match against Venus in Australia last year and Venus saw in about 15 minutes I think that she had to move Shuai from side to side. But I think that has improved now! Once again, but that's my opinion, Shuai has again a tough draw! She is playing immediately against the upcomming star Vesnina. She plays good I've heard, but maybe she doesn't have yet enough experience with playing Grand Slams, but I'm not sure about it. All I can say at this moment is that if Peng wants succes she needs to be standing there right from the beginning in the tournament! GOOD LUCK PENG, you can do it!

Nicjac
May 27th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Okay.

Ana Ivanovic

Ivanovic is the new blessing for Serbia Montenegro I think. She has got a very good technique in her game. She enjoys tennis too and she can come out very dangerous too. She also beated last year Mauresmo despite of having pain in her wrist. Her strongest point is the technique. Somewhat weaker point is her fitness. I didn't have the impression she workout very hard, but hey why does she need a good fitness level if she hits the ball clean every time. And she does work very hard and is eager for every win! She definetely must be eager and ready for Samantha Stosur. Samantha is playing quite good on the claycourts at this moment. Had some good succes too. Her strongest point is obviously the serve and the volleys. So Ivanovic needs to be fully focused from the beginning. Good luck Ivanovic.

santhuruu
May 27th, 2006, 12:44 PM
:worship: love the section on sveta

any chance of a pennetta preview :D

Glad you have enjoyed the Kuznetsova section.

Flavia Pennetta

Flavia is a very sweet player but on court she is getting more serious! She wants to beat everyone who stands in her way. Her serve, both hands and netgame is solid. Her only weakpoint that everyone knows is her physical side. She most of the time produces matches in the beginning rounds that take very long, and most of the time really that wasn't necessary. Unfortunately she gets tired in the important rounds. So she needs to work on that, but she is doing her best and works on it for sure! If Pennetta wants to get very far into Roland Garros I'd like to recommand that she must go more often to the net! It would be good for her I think. She faces Mattek in the first round and if she wins that she will face a qualifier. I think she can finish of these two rounds easy. FORZA Pennetta, I wish you the best of luck in the tournament!

santhuruu
May 27th, 2006, 01:00 PM
what do you think of Daniela Hantuchova :yeah:

Daniela Hantuchova

I think it's a good year for Hantuchova, she had some solid results on clay and also on other courts. Thank god she hasn't been yet really bothered by any injury. She is working hard on her body and that's a good sign. This could be a good Roland Garros for Hantuchova, cause New Roland Garros, new coach so maybe also new chances( which are good) she has solid serve, groundstrokes and netgame. She had some amazing succes with Ai Sugiyama. I think playing doubles is good for the developement of Daniela's game! The only problem I think is her believe in winning. She was fired and very determined during the Australian Open this year with taking out Serena Williams. She gained however a lot of confidence out of that match and I think she now really believes that she can take out top ten players! So she isn't really bothered now by the nerves. But sometimes if she misses a few balls she is giving signs with shaking her head a lot of time. She must believe in herself and her tennis, cause she can play soo good. She is definetely one hell of a person to look out for! Her first round opponent is upcomming talent and star Lourdes Dominguez Lino. She had some good succes during the Fed Cup and some normal results on the other claycourttournaments. This is a real test for Hantuchova I think. Cause Dominguez really tests your abilities in the first games of the match! So Daniela don't panique just go out there swinging and everything goes fine. Keep believing in yourself and your tennis and then things will definetely work out! Good luck Hantuchova!

mila_mail
May 27th, 2006, 02:30 PM
come on, venus
you can do it!!!

pancake
May 27th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Could you do Anna Chakvetadze pleaze:)?

Highlandman
May 27th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Very nice and good :yeah: :bounce:

What do you think about Pironkova? :)

Samyboy
May 27th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Daniela Hantuchova

I think it's a good year for Hantuchova, she had some solid results on clay and also on other courts. Thank god she hasn't been yet really bothered by any injury. She is working hard on her body and that's a good sign. This could be a good Roland Garros for Hantuchova, cause New Roland Garros, new coach so maybe also new chances( which are good) she has solid serve, groundstrokes and netgame. She had some amazing succes with Ai Sugiyama. I think playing doubles is good for the developement of Daniela's game! The only problem I think is her believe in winning. She was fired and very determined during the Australian Open this year with taking out Serena Williams. She gained however a lot of confidence out of that match and I think she now really believes that she can take out top ten players! So she isn't really bothered now by the nerves. But sometimes if she misses a few balls she is giving signs with shaking her head a lot of time. She must believe in herself and her tennis, cause she can play soo good. She is definetely one hell of a person to look out for! Her first round opponent is upcomming talent and star Lourdes Dominguez Lino. She had some good succes during the Fed Cup and some normal results on the other claycourttournaments. This is a real test for Hantuchova I think. Cause Dominguez really tests your abilities in the first games of the match! So Daniela don't panique just go out there swinging and everything goes fine. Keep believing in yourself and your tennis and then things will definetely work out! Good luck Hantuchova!

Sounds good :yeah: Finally someone who still believes in her :worship:

FrenchY52
May 27th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Tatiana Golovin

Derek.
May 27th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Jankovic please. :D

Highlandman
May 27th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Jankovic please. :D

Yes, Jankovic is a great idea! :)

drake3781
May 27th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Thank you. This type of content is the reason I'm here!!

1handedwonder
May 27th, 2006, 05:28 PM
santuruu, pretty much agree with everything, you say, accept that Venus has some of the best volleys in the game when she decides to come to the net. Sorry, just being anal :D

santhuruu
May 27th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Anna Chakvetadze

This is really one of the most beautiful players that are comming up. She looks so beautiful and sweet and she sure has the attention of the men! But that's not the most important thing for Chakvetadze for sure! She wants to win and she has shown us that she will put all the effort to win. I saw some good things of Anna in Warsaw! She beated the Serbian Goddes Ivanovic and route on to the quarterfinals were Kuznetsova played too powerfull. Chakvetadze has got a good serve and good groundies and a solid netgame! Her weakerpoints: She admitted that grass is a lot more in her favour than gravel. And her main problem which will be fixed for sure in the future are her nerves, but if she gets experiences with beating the big names she will be someone to watch out a lot more than most people do at this moment! Good luck Chakvetadze!

santhuruu
May 27th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Tatiana Golovin

Did she play out of her mind or not in Miami, it was soo unfortunately to see this talented french babe like most of you call her getting her ankle injured during the semifinals at that tournament. She didn't play any claycourt event because her ankle needed a lot of rest and she doesn't want to force anything which is a good decision of Tatiana! Her strong points are the techniques of every ball she hits and obviously her movement is somewhat weaker point cause she must get a little by little confidence back to move optimal! I hope everything will be fine, cause she works hard and it would be too bad if she is still bothered by her ankle. Good luck Tatiana!!! Or like they say in France: ALLEZ!!!

santhuruu
May 27th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Jelena Jankovic

Wow this Serbian woman is also back on the courts. Unfortunately there have been signs of injury in Rome and Strasbourg, I hope they are okay! The main thing of Jankovic less positive point is how her body reacts to long matches especially when she plays against powerplayers. Her strong points are her powerfull shots and she has a good second serve! She also moves very good from side to side that makes for the players a lot more difficult to win a point and a lot easier for her opponents to make the errors. I hope you all right Jankovic and go BOMMING there in Paris! Good luck!

santhuruu
May 27th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Pironkova

Wow did she amazed us all or what this year? She beated Venus in a classic where a lot of people thought in the beginning that she would get blown away from the courts after she lost the first set in that match 2-6 but she kept believing in her chances and even bageled Venus in the second set of that match. I saw her playing in Warsaw too and she had an improved forehand. Her determination is also a strong point. The somewhat weakerpoints are her serve and her backhand. She isn't that tall but I think she can improve on her serve. Look what Henin is doing with her length, but Henin has improved in a lot of ways with her serve. It's something Pironkova can work on. The best of luck to Pironkova!

Maria Croft
May 27th, 2006, 09:25 PM
some great stuff you posted :yeah:

Wiggly
May 27th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Iveta Benesova? :angel:

Highlandman
May 27th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Pironkova

Wow did she amazed us all or what this year? She beated Venus in a classic where a lot of people thought in the beginning that she would get blown away from the courts after she lost the first set in that match 2-6 but she kept believing in her chances and even bageled Venus in the second set of that match. I saw her playing in Warsaw too and she had an improved forehand. Her determination is also a strong point. The somewhat weakerpoints are her serve and her backhand. She isn't that tall but I think she can improve on her serve. Look what Henin is doing with her length, but Henin has improved in a lot of ways with her serve. It's something Pironkova can work on. The best of luck to Pironkova!

Thanks a lot :bounce:

Corswandt
May 27th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Pironkova

She isn't that tall

Pironkova is 1,80m and one of the tallest players on the Tour.

Mana
May 27th, 2006, 11:10 PM

Big, big, big first serve!

Ryan
May 28th, 2006, 02:25 AM
Awesome santhuruu, thanks. Do you think you could 'preview' Dinara Safina's tournament?

pancake
May 28th, 2006, 02:58 AM
Anna Chakvetadze

This is really one of the most beautiful players that are comming up. She looks so beautiful and sweet and she sure has the attention of the men! But that's not the most important thing for Chakvetadze for sure! She wants to win and she has shown us that she will put all the effort to win. I saw some good things of Anna in Warsaw! She beated the Serbian Goddes Ivanovic and route on to the quarterfinals were Kuznetsova played too powerfull. Chakvetadze has got a good serve and good groundies and a solid netgame! Her weakerpoints: She admitted that grass is a lot more in her favour than gravel. And her main problem which will be fixed for sure in the future are her nerves, but if she gets experiences with beating the big names she will be someone to watch out a lot more than most people do at this moment! Good luck Chakvetadze!
Thank you:)