PDA

View Full Version : Fairest and Most Even Draw in a While...

alwayshingis
May 26th, 2006, 01:44 PM
I m so happy with this year's Roland Garros draw. Each section has some tough players, and where there is a higher seed slumping or injured (Schnyder, Sharapova) there is a lower seeded player (Venus, Safina) who will make that section competitive still. No one has a cakewalk to the semis, and the only people who seem to have cakewalks to the Quarters are the top 4 seeds, and that's the way it should be.

Well done Roland Garros computer!

xin_hui
May 26th, 2006, 01:48 PM
a loaded bottom half ;)

selesbooz
May 26th, 2006, 01:50 PM
I dont know i think that Mauresmo has the hardest draw, even her first couple of rounds are hard.

tenn_ace
May 26th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Fairest and Most Even Draw in a While...

mt thoughts exactly

jfk
May 26th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Definitely agree that it is the most balanced draw in a couple of years. BUT....the bottom half is still slightly stronger as a whole AND the Petrova/JHH matchup seems a round too soon.

mr_burns
May 26th, 2006, 02:06 PM
I think the bottomis much stronger and teh quarter of sharapova is saved by safina

I just don'tlike it because in the top half there is no semis I amlooking forwardto

Corswandt
May 26th, 2006, 02:15 PM
I don't think so. You've got the two top favourites on the same quarter, and overall the bottom half is much stronger.

Theoretically, Mauresmo would be up against clay clown Dushevina on the 2nd round, lard ass Bartoli on the 3rd, clay=kryptonite Vaidisova (maybe not as much after such a good showing on Strasbourg) on the 1/8, and sinking Schnyder on the QF. How is that hard?

I suppose Clijsters' draw is even easier up until the QF (then theoreticallyHingis or Dementieva).

Corswandt
May 26th, 2006, 02:16 PM
I think the bottomis much stronger and teh quarter of sharapova is saved by safina

You must mean the 1/8 of Sharapova. Sharapova's quarter has Kuznetsova on the opposite side.

Barlos
May 26th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Yep, I think it's a fair draw except perhaps with Justine and Nadia in the same quarter. That section is tough, especially for the other seeds in it, such as Myskina.