PDA

View Full Version : Maria's Chances

s_j
May 26th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Sharapova's draw is fairly good to begin with. Tough match in R4. Even tougher in QF. If she gets that far, what do you think are her chances of doing well?

It's a well-known fact that Maria doesn't exactly excel on clay and it would be foolish to consider her as a winning contender unless all her opponents drop out :lol:

However, Maria, being the fighter she is, always does well in tournaments and she is yet to be beaten before the QFs in a long time.

I hope she does well cos she's ma girl but how far do you guys think Miss Sharapova will go?

Ryan
May 26th, 2006, 02:20 PM
I' betting, slim to none. If she manages to make the QF's, there's no way she'll beat Kuznetsova.

TeaMMashA
May 26th, 2006, 02:21 PM
She may not be great in comparison with other top players but her record on clay is impressive she doesnt get as much credit for it as she deserves

xin_hui
May 26th, 2006, 02:26 PM
lose to dinara in the 4th

Andy.
May 26th, 2006, 02:37 PM
A lot of people are totally discounting her and dont see her as any sort of threat and expect her to go early, i like that. Masha is not a player to be underestimated she can do damage if she slowly plays herself into form.

selesbooz
May 26th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Maria has a great draw and she can beat Safin and Kuznetsoza on Clay. Just because Safina has had one good tournment does not meanshe can beat Her now

~|Naomi|~
May 26th, 2006, 02:50 PM
She drew two very good opening rounds which will be good for her as she hasn't played on clay yet. But Safarova in round 3 could be tough. Lucie is streaky, but she is at home on clay and IF she plays her best could give Maria trouble. Dinara has a terrible GS record but is in the form of her career, plays well on clay, is match tough and knows she can beat Maria. If she gets through all that it'd be Kuznetsova and I think Kuznetsova is stronger on clay.

~|Naomi|~
May 26th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Maria has a great draw and she can beat Safin and Kuznetsoza on Clay. Just because Safina has had one good tournment does not meanshe can beat Her now

Well she beat her last time she was injured and short of match play in Moscow. So Dinara has certainly had more than one good tournament.

ezekiel
May 26th, 2006, 02:54 PM
she has an extemely easy draw so there is not much to talk about until she meets a top 20 player