PDA

View Full Version : Fans expecting too much from Venus in Paris

Morrissey
May 26th, 2006, 12:22 PM
I think people are once again expecting too much from Venus at the French Open. Venus is so very unpredictable in the last few years. I do notice that Belgians are both in the bottom half of the draw so that's good news.
But come on people, the only good year Venus had at the French Open was in 2002 when she reached the finals. And everyone's saying this is Amelie's year right?

We really don't know with her Venus was never consistent like Serena. I think this is Venus main flaw she can be erratic one day and amazing the next. Serena we always knew she would play well because Serena tends to be so consistent. Venus is the opposite of Serena. Everyone saying Venus she has an easy draw I am not so sure. What about the Israeli player Peer or Peng in the third round? And maybe Schnyder could get hot in fourth round? And if she reaches the quaterfinals all of France will be against Venus if she does play Mauresmo. And if she gets past that then maybe she's got a shot at the title. But she's got a whole lot of hoops to jump through before she gets to that point. I think

msharafan
May 26th, 2006, 12:24 PM
i agree she may not even reach the quaters to face mauresmo, but she probably will, but i dont see her going any further, we could say the same about people underestimating sharapova on clay, she really isnt that bad but isnt a title contender by no means yet, but in the future i can see her winning the french.

SoClose
May 26th, 2006, 12:38 PM
I agree with you!But we know that Venus is better than Mauresmo and she can beat every player in wta tour!!!

vwfan
May 26th, 2006, 04:03 PM
With Venus, it is one match at a time these days.

She is still rebuilding her game and you have to respect that she has hung in there, despite all the criticism and bad losses to people she used to dominate consistently, if not easily. But she is a champion and she can find the most amazing shots when pushed against the wall. Got to love that about her!

And while she is not fully confident on clay, she's no slouch either. Only a couple of players have better clay court credentials than she does: Justine and Hingis, and perhaps more recently Petrova. After that, she has about as good a chance as anyone else. Mauresmo has never even made it to the SF at RG, let alone win it. Neither has Kutzie or Schnyder the other top players in her draw.

Infiniti2001
May 26th, 2006, 04:09 PM
What VWfan said :yeah: Besides, did we need a special thread for this?? I mean, we can say this about most of the players in the draw. Of course it's every fan's right to be hopeful :rolleyes:

roooobert
May 26th, 2006, 04:13 PM
she will go to the semi for sure, if she plays like she did half of the points she palyed in rome...momo?? i only see the worst no 1 ever in her