PDA

View Full Version : Interesting First Round Matches

KBdoubleu
May 26th, 2006, 11:22 AM
I think these matches have the chance of an upset/could be some high quality tennis...hoow about you?

Mauresmo vs. Shaughnessy-Shaughnessy is playing the best shes played in a while and Mauresmo has always been shaky at RG...However, Amelie's title in Australia could play a factor in her confidence here and it could be a rout.

Sprem vs. Likhotseva-I'm pretty sure that Karolina will take out the slumping Elena

Schnyder vs. Krajicek-Again, I smell a possible upset...Patty has not been in the best form, and Krajicek keeps on winning in Instanbul

Sharapova vs. Washington-This match up will be interesting to see Sharapova's form after her injury...I think Sharapova will respond well and got lucky in drawing the erratic, out-of-form Mashona...A Sharapova first-rounder could've been much more interesting had she drawn someone like Na Li, Xheng, or Jankovic.

Ivanovic vs. Stosur-Stosur has been playing well lately and Ivanovic has lost some of her momentum, should be a good, hard-hitting match (and I still expect Ana to get through despite her recent injury)

Sucha vs. Dementieva-Any first-rounder with Dementieva is interesting, and what makes it even more interesting is that Sucha just reached a tournament final (losing to Shaughnessy)

Golovin vs. Zheng-Zheng, after a miserable start to the year, has been on fire recently. Tatiana on the other hand, hasn't played since the Nasdaq in her infamous match with Sharapova where she twisted her ankle badly and put up a valiant fight. It will be interesting to see Golovin's form, she could have had much easier first round opponents then Zheng.

Razzano vs. Clijsters-Clijsters loves reminding everyone she is not at home on clay, and Razzano always plays well in front of the French...could be interesting considering Clijsters lack of motivation as of late.

crazillo
May 26th, 2006, 11:24 AM
I smell an upset between MAVK and Arvidsson, although I thought before MAVK could not even win a game possibly. :lol:

I think Hantuchova will lose to LDL.

mila_mail
May 26th, 2006, 11:31 AM
hOW ABOUT V.Williams VS Bammer?

frenchie
May 26th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Mirza/Myskina!!!!

No Name Face
May 26th, 2006, 11:32 AM
i hope for the clijsters upset. also the sharapova upset, but that one definitely won't happen.

borisy
May 26th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Instanbul

Can anyone on this forum spell the name of this city right?

:rolleyes:

Nwe York, San Deego, Buston

azmad_88
May 26th, 2006, 11:37 AM
i hope for the clijsters upset. also the sharapova upset, but that one definitely won't happen.
Myskina might lose 1r again this year u know

dorotek23
May 26th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Ai Sugiyama - Eleni Danilidou sounds interesting

Randriantastic!
May 26th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Come on Bam Bam!! :D though she did pull out injured this week, so... :tape:

Hachiko
May 26th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Ivanovic - Stosur - revenge time for Ana, hopefully.

volta
May 26th, 2006, 11:41 AM
hOW ABOUT V.Williams VS Bammer?
if Vee is playing well she wont have a prob with her i think

now the Mirza/Nastya its a match to see cuz we dont know what kind of Nastya and what kind of Mirza will show up

KBdoubleu
May 26th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Can anyone on this forum spell the name of this city right?

:rolleyes:

Nwe York, San Deego, Buston

sorry i had a typo :rolleyes:

jj74
May 26th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Hantuchova-Dominguez, Hantuchova is the favourite but clay suits more the game of Dominguez

Mightymirza
May 26th, 2006, 12:33 PM
yeah add mirza myskina to the drama..Ofcourse mirzasucks on clay but everyone knows nastya can beat herself up on bad day...And most of Mirza as well as nastya matches are :smash: momentum can swing at any point crazily..But I like both.. :sad:

frenchie
May 26th, 2006, 12:36 PM
yeah add mirza myskina to the drama..Ofcourse mirzasucks on clay but everyone knows nastya can beat herself up on bad day...And most of Mirza as well as nastya matches are :smash: momentum can swing at any point crazily..But I like both.. :sad:

:wavey:
I like them both too (Nastya a lot more ;) ) and I'm going to see this match if it's schedule on tuesday!!!

OMG I can't wait

Perfection
May 26th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Safina-Zvonareva caught my eye..

I never thought I'd see Vera ranked soooooo low. :o She was always so consistent, steadily improving up until the beginning of 2005, then it has just been hell from then on. :o She is so talented and has a game like noone else I've seen.. I just don't know what's up. You'd think by now her emotions would dry up and she wouldn't let them effect her tennis as they have in the past. :shrug:

kris_85
May 26th, 2006, 12:38 PM
i hope fot the clijsters upset, dementieva upset!!!!
COME ON MARTI!!!

Mightymirza
May 26th, 2006, 12:41 PM
:wavey:
I like them both too (Nastya a lot more ;) ) and I'm going to see this match if it's schedule on tuesday!!!

OMG I can't wait
wow u r soo luckey..Even tho I like Sania more and will be rooting for her.. :p but i am sure it will be a great match atleast wioth a lot of drama..Why cant u go on monday??

frenchie
May 26th, 2006, 12:48 PM
wow u r soo luckey..Even tho I like Sania more and will be rooting for her.. :p but i am sure it will be a great match atleast wioth a lot of drama..Why cant u go on monday??

because:

-I have tickets for tuesday
-I live 3 hours from Paris
-I am still at the university
-driving in Paris :unsure:

Fingers crossed the match is scheduled on tuesday ;)

Mightymirza
May 26th, 2006, 12:55 PM
because:

-I have tickets for tuesday
-I live 3 hours from Paris
-I am still at the university
-driving in Paris :unsure:

Fingers crossed the match is scheduled on tuesday ;)
Okay done..I wantedthe match to beon ASAP but now I will pray for it to be on tuesday for ya ;)..I myself wud be so desparate to watch it had I been in this situation..

frenchie
May 26th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Okay done..I wantedthe match to beon ASAP but now I will pray for it to be on tuesday for ya ;)..I myself wud be so desparate to watch it had I been in this situation..

thank you :kiss:
Now that Sania is in the final in doubles this week, I think it's better for her to start tuesday too so she has time to recover!

I'll give you a short summary if you ask me :wavey:

aussy89
May 26th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Go Stosur she can do it i really think she can upset ivanovics run again

GO YOU MIGHTY SAM

Mightymirza
May 26th, 2006, 01:18 PM
thank you :kiss:
Now that Sania is in the final in doubles this week, I think it's better for her to start tuesday too so she has time to recover!

I'll give you a short summary if you ask me :wavey:
That would be awesome.. :hearts: I myself thought of asking you but then thought maybe its too much to ask... :D ..Wish I also see this match on tv.. But we are having 6 hrs of power cuts everday :tape: high chancethat thers no power when match is going on :sad:

ctan88
May 26th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Stosur vs Ivanovic, Mauresmo vs Shaugnessey, Myskina vs Mirza and Safina vs Zvonareva are all INTERESTING first round matches .. Cant wait for the action to begin!

Harju.
May 26th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Myskina might lose 1r again this year u know
... and Vijay will continue shoving Sania to our ass for the rest of the year. Please Nastya. Win this one. :o

xin_hui
May 26th, 2006, 04:07 PM
... and Vijay will continue shoving Sania to our ass for the rest of the year. Please Nastya. Win this one. :o

you're getting starspors for RG? you have my condolences:hug: