PDA

View Full Version : Mary withdraws from RG!

sebbe
May 26th, 2006, 12:16 PM
I really can't find any words. The first thing I noticed when I was checking the draw was NO MARY!

I'm really disappointed with this and I really feel sorry for Mary, I can't even think of how and what she feels right now. This is her favourite event of the year and this totally sucks.

I don't care about the points she loose I just want to feel the excitment when Mary is playing.

Just get better and I hope you'll be back soon!

Go Mary!!

Andy.
May 26th, 2006, 12:26 PM
This is really really sad im so upset for Mary

atoutix
May 26th, 2006, 12:34 PM
I don t know what to say....i was so exited to see Mary in RG, and now i feel nothing .............Why ?? :sad: :sad: :sad:

It's hard.... :sad:

MistyGrey
May 26th, 2006, 12:53 PM
I was sooooo excited about Roland Garros and now :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

zibaas
May 26th, 2006, 12:54 PM
oh..
no words/

tennisfan_19
May 26th, 2006, 01:02 PM
This is terrible news!

Can anyone translate the article on yahoo france tennis about mary as i dont speak french

Mark Spruce
May 26th, 2006, 01:25 PM
No words I will not be watching RG

saby
May 26th, 2006, 01:50 PM
This is terrible news!

Can anyone translate the article on yahoo france tennis about mary as i dont speak french

PARIS (AFP) - La Française Mary Pierce (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/280.html), finaliste en 2005, a déclaré forfait pour le tournoi de tennis de Roland-Garros qui débute dimanche en raison de blessures, a-t-on appris vendredi auprès des organisateurs.

Pierce, 31 ans, est blessée aux adducteurs et au pied droit, cette dernière blessure, dont elle souffre depuis février, l'ayant contrainte à renoncer à la tournée américaine ainsi qu'aux tournois sur terre battue de Berlin et de Rome.
"Mary Pierce (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/280.html) a déclaré forfait en raison d'une lésion aux adducteurs fraîchement guérie, a expliqué à l'AFP son entraîneur Xavier Moreau. Elle a encore une inflammation au niveau des adducteurs et n'est pas suffisamment guérie."

Pierce, qui se remettait tout juste d'une blessure au pied droit, souffre de l'adducteur gauche par compensation. Egalement en manque d'entraînements, la joueuse n'est pas prête pour le 2e tournoi du Grand Chelem.

"Elle n'est pas en mesure de jouer à 100%, a poursuivi Moreau. A ce niveau, la règle est de ne pas prendre de risque. On ne veut pas qu'elle hypothèque sa saison."

La Française, qui n'a disputé que six matches depuis le début de l'année, n'a plus joué depuis la finale de l'Open de Paris, perdue face à sa compatriote Amélie Mauresmo (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/259.html) en février.

Finaliste en 1994 et 2005, lauréate en 2000, Mary Pierce (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/280.html) va ainsi manquer le deuxième rendez-vous du Grand Chelem de la saison pour la deuxième fois seulement en seize ans. En 2001, elle avait dû renoncer en raison d'une blessure au dos.

Basicaly, Mary can't play because of a lesion to her left adductor, she didn't play for 3 months and when she started to play again, she had to force on her left leg because of her injury at the right foot and,...result is lesion adductor

The article said she's not injured anymore she just has an inflamation to the left adductor but she doesn't want to take a risk for the rest of the season and because she can't play at 100%. it says too that it's only the second time that she will miss RG (2001 - 2006)

that all, so it's nothing serious but Wimbly is comming....and she thinks of it

JMC
May 26th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Right now i feel i am gonna cry.Sorry.

Will i have the stenght to say let's wait now for the grass season.Wimbly ? No for the moment i don't believe in nothing, i am so shocked and sad but overall so sad for Mary.Really.

End of the text.Stop.

pierce_fanatic
May 26th, 2006, 01:56 PM
The article said she's not injured anymore she just has an inflamation to the left adductor but she doesn't want to take a risk for the rest of the season and because she can't play at 100%. it says too that it's only the second time that she will miss RG (2001 - 2006)
that paragraph has made me feel a little better, i think it was a good decision to not play RG and get ready and train hard for wimbledon, although i am still upset that she is not playing :sad:

Mark Spruce
May 26th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Thank you so much for the translation. That is very wise of Mary.

I agree with you JMC. I will seo blank right now but most of all I feel for Mary.

RG has lost the best player

tennisfan_19
May 26th, 2006, 02:14 PM
thanks for the translation saby, maybe i should study french one day!

hopefully she will take a wildcard into one of the grass tournaments before wimbledon and get some match practice

hopefully she will be back at roland garros next year!

Jackaboo
May 26th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Very disappointing news, but I feel it is best for Mary not to play RG if she's not fully recovered from injuries. I guess all I can say is get well soon Mary!
Hopefully we'll see her at Wimbly.

saby
May 26th, 2006, 02:33 PM
guys

stefi did call me 5 minutes ago she talked to Xavier and

Mary is fine she is happy, she will not play for 3 days and then will start her preparation for 3 weeks, maybe she will go to the netherland or wimbly but it's not sure, they will decide later, it's not the problem right now, he said you can't be desesperate, Mary is not she is fine keep beliving in her...

zibaas
May 26th, 2006, 02:47 PM
thanks for the news saby

i can´t stop crying.

Dellatorre
May 26th, 2006, 02:50 PM
This is devastating to me....... I had so many expactations for Mary this year.. but I'm not optimistic about the rest of this season. I hope she didn't lose to much of her fitness and practice over this time. I imagine it is not easy to get back to the level she was playing in the end of last year.

I don't know... I'm really sad right now........

squig2k
May 26th, 2006, 02:51 PM
when i heard i couldnt believe, i was looking forward so much to this! im so sad now, my day has been ruined, marys still injured. Roland Garros really will not be worth watching without the star player, i dont want to watch now :(

squig2k
May 26th, 2006, 02:52 PM
I dont know what to think about wimbledon now. will she be fit? pls let her be

Mark Spruce
May 26th, 2006, 02:56 PM
well i am sending out to all you Mary fans

lots of hugs and best wishes

I am off to cry some more now

zibaas
May 26th, 2006, 02:59 PM
I think i will watch RG only to see if Mary is watching some game.
:sad:

MistyGrey
May 26th, 2006, 03:00 PM
I am still not over it ...:bigcry: It has been a very disappointing season... At the start we were hoping she might get to number 1 and now.. :bigcry:

I dont wanna think about Wimbledon and her chances there... I just hope Mary is fine, and she starts practising on grass... Grass is the least physically demanding surface.. hopefully it will be kind to Mary.
but for now... :hysteric:

Mark Spruce
May 26th, 2006, 03:02 PM
HUGS

I am still not over it ...:bigcry: It has been a very disappointing season... At the start we were hoping she might get to number 1 and now.. :bigcry:

I dont wanna think about Wimbledon and her chances there... I just hope Mary is fine, and she starts practising on grass... Grass is the least physically demanding surface.. hopefully it will be kind to Mary.
but for now... :hysteric:

rsunderji
May 26th, 2006, 03:29 PM
holy this this unbelievable really I can't believe it...don't really know what else to say, can you believe Mary's luck? wow

meggz_star
May 26th, 2006, 03:35 PM
:sobbing:. RG won't be the same without Mary:sad:

ClaudiaZ-S
May 26th, 2006, 03:49 PM
- : Mary :hysteric:
+ : I can work

Mark Spruce
May 26th, 2006, 04:03 PM
So true.

I am not to sure who to cheer for, I think Nadia as she is friends with Mary.

Mark

:sobbing:. RG won't be the same without Mary:sad:

atoutix
May 26th, 2006, 04:06 PM
guys

Mary is fine she is happy, she will not play for 3 days and then will start her preparation for 3 weeks, maybe she will go to the netherland or wimbly but it's not sure, they will decide later, it's not the problem right now, he said you can't be desesperate, Mary is not she is fine keep beliving in her...

Oh no....... :sad:

Yes Guys For us, Rg will definitively be Boring now....and not interesting at all without our Queen... :sad: :sad:

Take care Mary ... We Love you !

Mark Spruce
May 26th, 2006, 04:07 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afpji/20060526/060526135247.a59u8mnh2b.jpg

Mary saying she will not be playing at RG

Mark Spruce
May 26th, 2006, 04:08 PM
I always belive in Mary:worship::angel::hearts::kiss:

Mark
guys

sperona
May 26th, 2006, 04:09 PM
:awww: :tears: really sad

May I suggest to support her great friend Amé ? :wavey:

vanillalatte
May 26th, 2006, 04:33 PM
No!!!

Wizzy Maryfan
May 26th, 2006, 04:34 PM
:awww: :tears: really sad

May I suggest to support her great friend Amé ? :wavey:

NO ! :mad:

And Mary's great friends are Henin, Razzano, Vakulenko ... not Mauresmo :rolleyes:

The french will suck, it will be awful to hear news from that tournament ! It will remember me that Mary is injured !

I wish the newt 15 days will spend very quickly !

I wish Mary will be fine soon !

I'm so jealous of the other fans whose player is always in good shape and playing ... Mary doesn't deserve such a bad luck !

Please Mary, be back soon, I would die without you :sad:

One thing is now sure : when Mary will retire, i will stop to watch tennis.
Because when she's not playing, i'm not at all interested in tennis !
The only match I watched since february is the Hingis against Safina, and I only watch the last 4 games ... :rolleyes:

And everytime i see the score i say to myself : "Gosh, all players are playing bad ... mary should have one easily" ... And it hurts me :(

I love you Mary ! Please, go on training and be back as soon as possible ! I'm fed up, i miss you so much, so so so so so much !!!

This news riuined my next two weeks ! Who has a revolver ? :o

Belmont Lad
May 26th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I was really hoping she would be able to play, but I don't find the news surprising. She was bound to have little injuries after the three month layoff. Very very sad she will not be able to play her favorite tournament, especially since she is late in her career and nothing is certain. :sad: :sad: I do have hope we will see Mary back at Wimbledon though! Stay healthy in the coming weeks Mary! :kiss:

Kathrin
May 26th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I don't know what to say.. I'm just totally debilitated!
I believe in her and know that's the right decision BUT I MISS HER SOOOOOOO MUCH!
Have to cry a bit so see you guys..

FrenchY52
May 26th, 2006, 04:37 PM

Mark Spruce
May 26th, 2006, 04:41 PM
I have a rifle but you are not gettining it. :lol::lol::lol:

Well I wold add Nadia Petrova to list of friends of Mary, shame Linz is not playing either.

I am fed up as well.

Mary take care honey all of our best wish are with you

Mark

NO ! :mad:

And Mary's great friends are Henin, Razzano, Vakulenko ... not Mauresmo :rolleyes:

The french will suck, it will be awful to hear news from that tournament ! It will remember me that Mary is injured !

I wish the newt 15 days will spend very quickly !

I wish Mary will be fine soon !

I'm so jealous of the other fans whose player is always in good shape and playing ... Mary doesn't deserve such a bad luck !

Please Mary, be back soon, I would die without you :sad:

One thing is now sure : when Mary will retire, i will stop to watch tennis.
Because when she's not playing, i'm not at all interested in tennis !
The only match I watched since february is the Hingis against Safina, and I only watch the last 4 games ... :rolleyes:

And everytime i see the score i say to myself : "Gosh, all players are playing bad ... mary should have one easily" ... And it hurts me :(

I love you Mary ! Please, go on training and be back as soon as possible ! I'm fed up, i miss you so much, so so so so so much !!!

This news riuined my next two weeks ! Who has a revolver ? :o

Lu_Weird
May 26th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Ok, the French Open not make sense for me now... I will play tennis crazyly for next two weeks....

RJWCapriati
May 26th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Get well Mary!!!! See you @ Wimbledon!

vanillalatte
May 26th, 2006, 05:21 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afpji/20060526/060526135247.a59u8mnh2b.jpg

Mary saying she will not be playing at RG

:hearts:

( :sad: :sad: :sad: )

sebbe
May 26th, 2006, 05:34 PM
I will also route for Nadia now....not just because she is a friend of Mary but she has been making so much progress this last half year and she seem to have found a great spirit out on court.

But I still can't let it go that we won't see Mary in RG this year.

I hope she will be injuryfree next year so she can just crush everyone;)

totallyeddible
May 26th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Come on guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, it is horrible, devastating news and it will just not be the same - RG without Mary - cant quite get my head around it... But, look on the bright side, she is taking time to get fully fit so she is able to play the best tennis possible and maybe at Wimbledon she can go for the title and we can all cheer her on then...

I am sure RG this year will be a great tournament and we should all tune in and enjoy the tennis.

Love to all Mary fans throughout the world,
Edd

Mark Spruce
May 26th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah Crush them all:eek::eek::eek:

Mark

I will also route for Nadia now....not just because she is a friend of Mary but she has been making so much progress this last half year and she seem to have found a great spirit out on court.

But I still can't let it go that we won't see Mary in RG this year.

I hope she will be injuryfree next year so she can just crush everyone;)

Scotso
May 26th, 2006, 06:42 PM

saby
May 26th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Mary Pierce : ''Pas suffisamment prête''Par Benjamin Adler
vendredi 26 mai 2006Finaliste l'an passé, Mary Pierce s'est résolue à déclarer forfait en raison d'une blessure. La Française, handicapée depuis trois mois par son pied droit, s'est exprimée ce vendredi sur son renoncement. Elle est forcément très déçue...

"J'ai pris la décision hier (jeudi) soir. C'est à cause de mon pied droit. J'ai eu une élongation à l'adducteur droit la semaine dernière et j'ai pris une semaine repos. J'ai fait une échographie qui montre que la guérison est bonne, mais cela m'a empêché de me préparer et là je suis vraiment trop juste. Je ne suis pas encore prête à 100% pour être compétitive."

"Je n'ai pas joué en tournoi depuis trois mois et à l'entraînement je ne suis pas capable de courir partout et d'appuyer fort comme il faut (…) Je ne sais pas quand je le serai. Je n'ai pas encore fixé de date ni de tournoi. J'attends juste de pouvoir être capable de jouer en tournoi, d'avoir les moyens de gagner et de faire une saison comme l'année dernière. Roland-Garros est mon tournoi préféré, il me tient beaucoup à cœur. Ce fut donc une décision difficile à prendre, mais je sais que je suis sur le bon chemin."

http://www.rolandgarros.com/images/pics/thumbs/t_h_pierce_20060526-01.jpg
Mary Pierce (http://www.rolandgarros.com/fr_FR/news/photos/imagepages/2006-05-26/200605261148648321730.html)

saby
May 26th, 2006, 06:48 PM
«C'est trop tôt»
Mary Pierce ne participera pas à Roland-Garros cette année. Blessée, la finaliste 2005 refuse de s’aligner sans être à 100%. Interview

Par Guillaume Serres

A Roland Garros

Sport24.com : Mary, qu’est ce qui vous a conduit à déclarer forfait ?
Mary Pierce : D’abord, je tenais à vous remercier d’être là. Moi, je suis très contente d’être à Roland Garros, même si je ne joue pas. En fait, c’est à cause de ma blessure au pied. Je me remets doucement. Tout le monde sait que je me suis blessée au pied droit il y a trois mois. Mais c’était important pour moi d’être là aujourd’hui. C’est là que tout a commencé il y a un an. Cela est passé très vite… Je ne suis pas encore prête à 100% pour être compétitive. Je ne sais pas vraiment quand je le serai. Nous n’avons pas fixé de date, ni de tournoi de reprise, mais dès que je serais prête, vous me reverrez sur les courts.

Sport24.com : On vous sent émue à l’évocation du tournoi de l’an dernier…
Mary Pierce : C’est sûr. Chaque année, Roland Garros me tient à cœur. Il y a certaines émotions sur d’autres tournois mais ici… Le Central, c’est mon court préféré. J’adore jouer ce tournoi. C’était la troisième fois que j’arrivais en finale l’an dernier, ce n’est pas rien… En 2005, c’était très fort pour moi. Il y a eu beaucoup de bons moments, comme mes victoires en Tier I ou ma finale à l’US Open alors que je n’avais jamais franchi les quarts avant, mais c’est ici que tout a commencé.

Sport24.com : Est-ce une grosse déception de ne pas participer cette année ?
Mary Pierce : Je l’ai dit, Roland Garros est mon tournoi préféré, celui qui me tient le plus à cœur. Mais en même temps, je suis heureuse, je suis contente, cela ne change pas ma joie d’être ici. Ça ne change pas ma vie. J’aurai bien aimé être présente sur les courts et jouer. Mais comme je sais que je ne suis pas prête, que c’est trop tôt pour être compétitive… Je suis tout de même excitée par l’avenir puisque je suis sur le bon chemin, que les choses vont de mieux en mieux, et qu’un jour, je vais me retrouver sur les courts. J’ai hâte d’être à ce moment là.

Sport24.com : Qu’en est-il de votre blessure à l’adducteur ?
Mary Pierce : J’ai eu une élongation à l’adducteur droit la semaine dernière, et j’ai pris une semaine de repos. J’ai fait une échographie de contrôle qui montre bien la guérison. On savait que ce n’était pas très grave. Il fallait seulement quelques jours de repos pour que cela cicatrise. Mais Roland Garros, c’est là, tout de suite, et c’est trop juste pour mon pied.

Sport24.com : Êtes-vous inscrite au moins pour le prochain Wimbledon ?
Mary Pierce : Oui, je suis inscrite à Rosmalen, Wimbledon, San Diego… Mais auquel je pourrais participer ? On verra…Je prends les choses au jour le jour…

Sport24.com : Quand et avec qui avez-vous pris cette décision de ne pas jouer ?
Mary Pierce : J’ai décidé cela jeudi soir, avec mon médecin, mon préparateur physique, et mon entraîneur. Ce n’était pas une décision facile. C’est sûr que j’aurais pu jouer avec des straps... Mais ce n’est pas comme si j’étais à 100%. Ce n’est pas ça du tout. A cause de mon pied, à l’entraînement, avant de me blesser à l’adducteur, je n’étais pas à 100%, que ce soit au niveau des placements, des appuis, ou pour courir. Pour les blessures, il faut bien faire les choses, dans l’ordre et sans forcer. Comme l’an dernier quand j’étais blessée au quadriceps. Il ne faut pas presser les choses.

vanillalatte
May 26th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Come on guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, it is horrible, devastating news and it will just not be the same - RG without Mary - cant quite get my head around it... But, look on the bright side, she is taking time to get fully fit so she is able to play the best tennis possible and maybe at Wimbledon she can go for the title and we can all cheer her on then...

I am sure RG this year will be a great tournament and we should all tune in and enjoy the tennis.

Love to all Mary fans throughout the world,
Edd

Yes, i guess you're right..

BUT I AM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW!!! :mad:

Declan
May 26th, 2006, 08:51 PM
I'm not surprised, and to be honest, I wouldn't have wanted Mary to come in 'cold' to her favourite tournament, playing her first tour match for 4 months and possibly coming right up against someone on a hot streak or a confident qualifier. Do any of you think the French crowd would have made allowances for a to-be-expected-under-the-circumstances early loss? Or would Mary have been booed or slow-handclapped like in the old days at Roland Garros? I would have hated that.
Mary has been injured often enough to know the way to handle it, and I believe she is totally wise and correct to delay her return until she is fully fit and healthy again. The points and rankings issue is not important in the greater scheme of things; Mary returning to the circuit confident and healthy no matter how long it takes IS.

Mark Spruce
May 26th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Hi Declan,

Yeah I can see your point in the first paragraph.

I wonder if Mary will turn up to any of the matches at RG. I hope that she will.

Oh and I am now going to the Fed Cup play Off in July. Thanks to a very special person on this board for making it possible. You know ho you are THANKS

Mark

totallyeddible
May 26th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Hi Mark...

I know how much this news about Mary not playing RG must be hurting you... :(

Looking forward to seeing you smile again ... and some more cool photos on your excellent number one Mary website.

Edd

syrmaryfan
May 27th, 2006, 01:03 AM
RG= mary pierce
i was exciting about roland garos to see mary play realy I miss her
but now Im upset and RG is boring without mary
Mary get well soon we'r waiting you in Wimbledon!

DomenicDemaria
May 27th, 2006, 01:10 AM
After initionally being devastated and not being able to speak yesterday, I'm more relaxed today and hope Mary will get fit soon. By the sounds of it she will be. Why couldn't Roland Garros be in another weeks time.

lizzymarie
May 27th, 2006, 03:19 AM
i'm so sad :crying2:

meggz_star
May 27th, 2006, 03:24 AM
I really hope she feels better soon.

ashwu
May 27th, 2006, 06:56 AM
:(
it might be good for her goal in wimbledon though

cakiteror
May 27th, 2006, 07:02 AM
domenic,i feel exactly the same!
i just want mary to be fit and heathy!

Mary Pierce
May 27th, 2006, 02:02 PM
If you look at the positive side of things, she effectively has (apart from points at the US Open and a few other tourneys) 12 months of little points to defend and probably the best chance of anyone in the top 10 to get to number one following the French Open 2007....maybe it is wishful thinking but I think this is what Mary may be building for...

Get well soon Mary!

ClaudiaZ-S
May 27th, 2006, 05:31 PM
:sobbing:

ClaudiaZ-S
May 27th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Mary should go to Birmingham :o

MistyGrey
May 27th, 2006, 08:34 PM
I thought the same thing... Hopefully if Mary is completely fit in 10 days time, then she should play Birmingham, then take a week off and then go to Wimbledon. But Mary is the best judge of her condition, and I hope she takes the right decisions. I am feeling better now and I must say, its actually brave of Mary to take that decision, she could've entered the tournament feeling 50-60%.. Wise thing to do. I dont wanna think about Wimbledon and the grass events just yet, coz at the start of the year I was looking forward to the AO, then Indian Wells and Miami, then Charlestion and Amelia, then Berlin Rome and RG :sad: I just hope Mary gets better as soon as possible and plays even better than she did last year.

Mark Spruce
May 27th, 2006, 08:44 PM
I think that Mary should go and play Birmingham.

I think that maybe Mary could play again the tournament that she won on grass. I am not to sure the name of it LOL

DomenicDemaria
May 28th, 2006, 02:29 AM
It would be better for Mary to play Birmingham so it gives her a weeks rest between Wimbledon to rest up. Mary lost first round Wimbledon after she won the grass tournament. (Didn't Mary stab her hand with an umbrella at Wimbledon that year???)

Mark Spruce
May 28th, 2006, 03:47 AM
yep the umbrella incident:sad::sad:

It would be better for Mary to play Birmingham so it gives her a weeks rest between Wimbledon to rest up. Mary lost first round Wimbledon after she won the grass tournament. (Didn't Mary stab her hand with an umbrella at Wimbledon that year???)

Wizzy Maryfan
May 28th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Mary will never play Birmingham, u know she said she'll try to be ready for Rosmalen and then Wimbledon.

She's not a player who adds tournament at last moment because she feels a lack of matches !

And Birmingham is in two weeks, it's perhaps too early ... You know she's not sure to play San Diego so Birgmingham :tape:

Mark Spruce
May 28th, 2006, 08:53 PM
go for Rosmalen Mary.

I hope that you will be fine for then.

sending you best wishes !!!!!!!!

Nyangel2103
May 28th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Mark, the tournament you might be thinking of is the Ordina Open at 's-Hertogenbosch. Mary won this tournament in 2004, then lost Wimbledon in the 1st round.

I'm always a fan of match play. Practice is one thing but playing against an opponent in a match is another. I think if she is feeling up to it she should play one of the wimbledon warn up tournaments. If not by the time Wimby starts it will have been months since mary last played a match....

Mark Spruce
May 29th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Yes I am a fan of match play as well. I think that Mary if she is up to it, play a Wimby warm up.

take care

Mark

Mark, the tournament you might be thinking of is the Ordina Open at 's-Hertogenbosch. Mary won this tournament in 2004, then lost Wimbledon in the 1st round.

I'm always a fan of match play. Practice is one thing but playing against an opponent in a match is another. I think if she is feeling up to it she should play one of the wimbledon warn up tournaments. If not by the time Wimby starts it will have been months since mary last played a match....

aimee20
May 29th, 2006, 02:24 AM
i haven't post anything since feb cause mary's absence. this is too sad. well hopefully wimbly we'll become alive again

until then cheers
and best of luck for Mary

Mark Spruce
May 29th, 2006, 03:27 AM
please stay around

Mark

i haven't post anything since feb cause mary's absence. this is too sad. well hopefully wimbly we'll become alive again

until then cheers
and best of luck for Mary

MPStylee
May 29th, 2006, 10:28 AM
We still believe in you Mary!!!!

She will show them as soon as she fit that she rocks!!!!!!!

Lu_Weird
May 29th, 2006, 11:51 AM
We still believe in you Mary!!!!

She will show them as soon as she fit that she rocks!!!!!!!

I believe She can won the rest two GS one day!

Mark Spruce
May 29th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Yes I believe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

I believe She can won the rest two GS one day!

saby
May 29th, 2006, 02:37 PM
mary will play only if she's at 100% so don't dream too much if she's not ready for Rosmalem or Wimbly she will not play

Wizzy Maryfan
May 30th, 2006, 11:46 AM
mary will play only if she's at 100% so don't dream too much if she's not ready for Rosmalem or Wimbly she will not play

Exactly !

She doesn't want to suffer early exit from tournaments, and I think she's right !

She knows when she's at her best, she can beat all the girls, so it would be stupid to lose her confidence of last year by coming back too soon, without being able to move and hit the way she did last year !

But I still hope she'll be able to take part of Wimbledon, cause I need to see her on court ! I need it more than I did oxygen to live ... :drool:

cakiteror
May 30th, 2006, 02:05 PM
oh,guys i had such a nasty dream that mary retired for good!
i woke up and my heart was pumping like hell,and still is!that dream scares me a lot!
i hope she will stick around with us for some years to come!
now i know that i wont be fallowing tennis after miss pierce!

Wizzy Maryfan
May 30th, 2006, 10:16 PM
i woke up and my heart was pumping like hell,and still is!that dream scares me a lot!

Welcome to my club ...

Quand on a connu Mary Pierce, on ne peut plus apprécier le tennis sans elle.
Elle est la finalité d'une passion.

When u have known Mary, it's impossible to go on without act ! Impossible to act as if she had never played.

A "before Pierce" exists, an "after Pierce", no. :cool:

Mark Spruce
May 30th, 2006, 10:22 PM
I am in the same Club !!!

Lu_Weird
May 31st, 2006, 05:56 AM

I had a drem last year that Mary badly injured her right arm when playing a game to Serena W. But after that dream, Mary had a epic wins in the rest 2005.

saby
May 31st, 2006, 07:18 PM
if it can be that way again in 2006 and 2007

Scotso
Jun 1st, 2006, 12:47 AM
I feel like Mary is going to end up playing like 5 more years.... but I also feel that much of it will be like the past 5... with Mary playing random and sporadic events and never really putting together an entire year without injury. :(

Mark Spruce
Jun 1st, 2006, 03:06 PM
I just hope that Mary will be ok for July. As hopefully it will be my first time to see Mary play !!!!!!!!!

GO MARY

Hope you are doing OK. I just wonder if she does watch RG !!

Cat's Pajamas
Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:14 AM
If you look at the positive side of things, she effectively has (apart from points at the US Open and a few other tourneys) 12 months of little points to defend and probably the best chance of anyone in the top 10 to get to number one following the French Open 2007....maybe it is wishful thinking but I think this is what Mary may be building for...

Get well soon Mary!

where have you been? You dissapeared from the games section :sad:

zibaas
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Hey!!
Today i was watching Masha x Dinara match (live) and i send a e-mail there, and the comentators red it live and it says>> "Ana Luiza of Brazil is really upset with Mary Pierce's withdraw bla bla"

:bounce: uhu