PDA

View Full Version : Loving Venus' Draw...

Foot_Fault
May 26th, 2006, 10:28 AM
She has a Very nice Draw! A playable one.

4th Rd Patty Schnyder
Qtrs Rd Amelie Mauresmo
Semis Rd Svete Kuzzy
Finals Rd Kimmy Clijsters

Tough from the Quarters on, but Do'able if she's focused. BUT Gonna Go ONE POINT, ONE GAME, ONE MATCH at a time though! Can't help feeling optimistic. Sure there will be some UPSETS along the way, Hope none of them are Venus!

Go Vee

lynch79
May 26th, 2006, 10:30 AM
IMO she should reach the quarterfinals quite easily...

msharafan
May 26th, 2006, 10:34 AM
yeah but she mightened it will all depend on her consistency! and she might not get kutzy in the semis as shes not playing well you might just see sharapova there, and that would be a relishing semi!

Aaron.
May 26th, 2006, 10:35 AM

4th Rd Patty Schnyder
Qtrs Rd Amelie Mauresmo
Semis Rd Svete Kuzzy

Tough from the Quarters on, but Do'able if she's focused. BUT Gonna Go ONE POINT, ONE GAME, ONE MATCH at a time though! Can't help feeling optimistic. Sure there will be some UPSETS along the way, Hope none of them are Venus!

Go VeeId Be Suprised If Patty Got To the 4th Round..But if she did Venus would beat her

MrSerenaWilliams
May 26th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Venus should be VERY pleased....as a fan...i sure am. She really should easily get to the quarters...Mauresmo might not make it, if she does I hope it will be a quality match...or a Williams blowout like in '03. (sorry Amelie fans). I think if Venus makes the most out of this...she should be really pleased. I would just DIE if she and Hingis got to the final, but Martina has a really tough draw....here's hoping anyway.

MAKE THE MOST OF IT VEE!

Aaron.
May 26th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Venus should be VERY pleased....as a fan...i sure am. She really should easily get to the quarters...Mauresmo might not make it, if she does I hope it will be a quality match...or a Williams blowout like in '03. (sorry Amelie fans). I think if Venus makes the most out of this...she should be really pleased. I would just DIE if she and Hingis got to the final, but Martina has a really tough draw....here's hoping anyway.

MAKE THE MOST OF IT VEE!Who Knows Last Year She had a easy draw also and end up losing in the 3R :fiery:

volta
May 26th, 2006, 10:49 AM
yeah its not such a tough draw like some others have Vee should be fine if her tennis is on and her concentration stays up there :D
com'on Vee :hug: :bounce:

dinhd82
May 26th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I don't think it's that easy. If Vee even gets to the 4th round, we all know she can go down to any unknown who might be on that day during the early rounds, Patty could become red hot and at least push her to 3, I don't think Momo will let Vee have it this year, even if she beat Momo, I don't think she can beat Kuzzy.

volta
May 26th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Who Knows Last Year She had a easy draw also and end up losing in the 3R :fiery:
yeah and in 2004 as well. sometimes she loses her concentration but this year she has this attitude i dont know she seems hungry just a bit different from the 2 previous years so lets hope she gets it this year :D she can do it :bounce:

Marcus1979
May 26th, 2006, 11:05 AM
she has prepared better this year

last year she only played Amelia Island and Instanbul wasn't it

Martian Stacey
May 26th, 2006, 11:08 AM
I would expect her to make the quarters with this draw. And if the match against Mauresmo eventuates, it will be an interesting one for sure :)

volta
May 26th, 2006, 11:11 AM
she has prepared better this year

last year she only played Amelia Island and Instanbul wasn't it
yeap

perseus2006
May 26th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Venus has the easiest possible draw. It couldnot be easier on paper. Now it's up to her to get it done.

mila_mail
May 26th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Do you guys think that Venus can defeat Bammer?

Aaron.
May 26th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Do you guys think that Venus can defeat Bammer?Easily IF the errors are low

No Name Face
May 26th, 2006, 11:27 AM
i am happy for venus, i hope she does well with this draw.

ViennaCalling
May 26th, 2006, 11:27 AM
I just want to mention Schett and Schwartz ;) :cool:

But I think that Venus will defeat Sybille :sad: :fiery:

Marcus1979
May 26th, 2006, 11:32 AM
2001 Venus did lose to a young Justine Henin Hardenne in 3rd round of Berlin

at the time was that considered a bad or good loss

then lost to Schett a few weeks later

ntorcida
May 26th, 2006, 11:35 AM
She should easily come to QF, and then- we will see :bounce:

Pureracket
May 26th, 2006, 11:35 AM
I don't think it's that easy. If Vee even gets to the 4th round, we all know she can go down to any unknown who might be on that day during the early rounds, Patty could become red hot and at least push her to 3, I don't think Momo will let Vee have it this year, even if she beat Momo, I don't think she can beat Kuzzy.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Nice to see how much confidence you have in Venus.

champion88
May 26th, 2006, 11:53 AM
I really think she can get to the final here

R1 def Bammer
R2 def Laine
R3 def Peng
R4 def Schnyder
QF def Mauresmo
SF def Kuznetsova
F lose to JHH

Paneru
May 26th, 2006, 11:54 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Nice to see how much confidence you have in Venus.

Couldn't care less how much
confidence they have in Venus. :cool:

"Well, I think that at the end of the day,
I don't care if you believe or anyone else
believes in here, because it's me. So believe
what you want to. There's always going to
be nay sayers. You may be one of them,
I don't know. Guess what, I don't care."
....Venus Williams

volta
May 26th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Couldn't care less how much
confidence they have in Venus. :cool:

"Well, I think that at the end of the day,
I don't care if you believe or anyone else
believes in here, because it's me. So believe
what you want to. There's always going to
be nay sayers. You may be one of them,
I don't know. Guess what, I don't care."
....Venus Williams
thats a classic :lol:

drive-volley
May 26th, 2006, 12:00 PM
As for Vee, you never know what's gonna happen. Good draw will be helpful to her, that's for sure, but remember she's a kind of player whos results rarely depend on the draw difficulty. You go Vee!

AjdeNate!
May 26th, 2006, 12:02 PM
:spremloomingindraw:

Viktymise
May 26th, 2006, 12:06 PM
3rd round she will have to watch out for, she could play like Peng or Peer who have been in good form but other than that its the best draw possible for vee considering her rank, she will want revenge over mauresmo and kuznetsova if she plays em and if sharapova gets that far she wont be vee on clay, i hope she plays lenaD in the final, what a dream match

Veeko
May 26th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Venus Williams is a good player,i think she can play well,i hope nicole can meet her,and then it will be an excited match;) :D

tennisIlove09
May 26th, 2006, 12:09 PM

:notedwatts: :p lol

I just want Venus to play her best. And remain healthy. If she does that, then she will be very hard to beat :) Good luck Venus.

Sharapova's_Boy
May 26th, 2006, 12:09 PM

:haha:

K-Lina. :worship:

AjdeNate!
May 26th, 2006, 12:11 PM
:haha:

K-Lina. :worship:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/mseles/smiles.png

Morrissey
May 26th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Venus did get a good draw its all about how Venus plays. I agree with Mary Joe Fernandez Venus could of gotten one of the big top players because she is seeded no.11. The great thing for Venus here is she is under no pressure its all on Mauresmo, Petrova, Henin Hardenne and Hingis or Clijsters. Venus has just go to focus on each match at a time. As for Mauresmo she has a lot of pressure on her here. But look at Hingis draw not easy at all. She has to worry about Dementieva is the fourth round. And who says Hingis is going to beat Dementieva again. Hingis has got it rough.

hingis-seles
May 26th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Venus has the easiest draw ever.

Sharapova's_Boy
May 26th, 2006, 12:30 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/mseles/smiles.png

:hearts:

Paneru
May 26th, 2006, 12:31 PM
thats a classic :lol:

Isn't it though! :lol:

i.e. I don't give a flying F*ck
what you think! :devil:

vogus
May 26th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Venus has the easiest draw ever.

apparently you've never heard of Elena Vesnina or Shaui Peng. Williams had better be on the ball or she will be out of this tournament early.

new-york
May 26th, 2006, 12:43 PM
last year she didn't lose to JHH. the problem is not the draw. But which Venus will be playing on the given day.

her consistency.

Paneru
May 26th, 2006, 12:52 PM
apparently you've never heard of Elena Vesnina or Shaui Peng. Williams had better be on the ball or she will be out of this tournament early.

WOW!

What shocking Info! :p

That goes for everyone! :cool:

I love when people come just to
say what Venus can't or won't do. :)

Il Primo!
May 26th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Momo in quarter :unsure: I don't consider Momo as the best but Venus don't love playing Momo,her game doesn't suit her well!Even when Venus was at the top,she beat everyone easily except Amelie...Plus,it's on clay :o I'm quite worried..I wish she played Kim or Maria instead of Momo :confused:

Carmen Mairena
May 26th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Quite a good draw, I agree! :yeah:

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 26th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Anything is possible, it's all on Vee's racquet.

SelesFan70
May 26th, 2006, 02:22 PM
On paper, it's a good draw. But this is the French Open on clay. Venus' record here isn't sterling, but she "should" make her seeding easily. And who knows with Patty? You never know what you're gonna get... :tape:

Venus' Roland Garros results...

97 2r
98 QF
99 4r
00 QF
01 1r
02 F
03 4r
04 QF
05 3r

cometz9
May 26th, 2006, 02:24 PM
On paper, it's a good draw. But this is the French Open on clay. Venus' record here isn't sterling, but she "should" make her seeding easily. And who knows with Patty? You never know what you're gonna get... :tape:

Venus' Roland Garros results...
06 05 04 03 02 01 00 99 98 97
? 3r QF 4r F 1r QF 4r QF 2r

well if the results holds true, she'll at least make the QF or better this year. Go Vee!!!

SelesFan70
May 26th, 2006, 02:26 PM
well if the results holds true, she'll at least make the QF or better this year. Go Vee!!!

Let's hope so! She's the only American in the top 16 seeds. :eek:

cometz9
May 26th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Let's hope so! She's the only American in the top 16 seeds. :eek:

i assume she'll be the only American left on the womens and mens side that can make the 2nd week :lol: :eek:

serenafan08
May 26th, 2006, 02:44 PM
If she gets totally focused, Venus can come through with this draw. She proved last year at Wimbledon that her seed is just a number. I think she can really make some noise here!

AjdeNate!
May 26th, 2006, 02:45 PM
i assume she'll be the only American left on the womens and mens side that can make the 2nd week :lol: :eek:
even the 2nd day ;) we sux on the dirt.

LoveFifteen
May 26th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Anything is possible, it's all on Vee's racquet.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the racquet of the opponent. :rolleyes:

Beat
May 26th, 2006, 02:50 PM
apparently you've never heard of Shaui Peng.
indeed i haven't.

hablo
May 26th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Momo in quarter :unsure: I don't consider Momo as the best but Venus don't love playing Momo,her game doesn't suit her well!Even when Venus was at the top,she beat everyone easily except Amelie...Plus,it's on clay :o I'm quite worried..I wish she played Kim or Maria instead of Momo :confused:
Oh quit pretending to be scared that Venus may get to play Amélie pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee :rolls::spit:

surtout après toutes les conneries que tu dis sur elle dans le thread franco :tape:

améliemomo
May 26th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Oh quit pretending to be scared that Venus may get to play Amélie pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee :rolls::spit:

surtout après toutes les conneries que tu dis sur elle dans le thread franco :tape:

he try to jinx amé that's obvious :rolleyes: :o

tae04
May 26th, 2006, 02:59 PM
I think Venus can make it through this draw into the finals. I'd rather have her face Mauresmo more than Petrova, Clijsters, or Henin before the finals.

Mauresmo hasn't shown any strength at the French yet.

vesanto
May 26th, 2006, 03:14 PM
I think that we should be more careful with her draw...there are some good players there in the first rounds and I think Venus is most vulnerable in the first week than in the second (at least in the majority of the grand slams she played).
Everyone is excited with her but we should take it easy...for example in 2004 where she had a brilliant clay court season (won charleston,Warsaw and retired in the final of berlin), she was a hot favorite to win and then lost in the qfs to myskina, the eventual champion. Even last year, after not very promising results in Amelia Island and Charleston, she won Instambul a people thought that maybe she was getting in form in the right time but then she performed poorly...then in wimbledon, when no one was expectinh she won...so with her is very unpredicatable...
I think the best think she can have is like play solid tennis in the first rounds and take the rustiness out of her(like she did on wimbledon, where she wasn´t playing that good in the first rounds, with lots of tight sets) and then go to the second week, hopefully not too exhausted and let the hunger come out!
Let`s think of only one round each time...
at this point she has to focuse on defeating Bammer...after that we´ll see!

Il Primo!
May 26th, 2006, 03:17 PM

Sérieux,je suis tres sérieux!Attends Habs,je suis sérieux..Si on n'était sur terre j'aurais pas peur...mais là on est pas sur terre. Venus n'est a 100% encore aussi bien tennistiquement que physiquemnt et Venus n'aime pas jouer Amé donc ça me soule qu'elle soit dans sa partie de tableau :ras: :ras:
Et :ras: pour Améliemomo. No I don't wanna jinx her this time..maybe another time ok? :rolleyes: :o ;)

Kart
May 26th, 2006, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure the draw has much to do with how Venus performs here.

Dawn Marie
May 26th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Venus has to be focused and keep her UE's down. She has that MUCH CONTROL which is good looking at this draw. I also like the fact that something that COULD help her but that she has NO CONTROL over is that she is due to meet some MENTALLY unstable grand slam opponents. Hopefully Venus will make her seeding then we'll have some players lose their heads again. Sveta she can go nutty, Momo god love her but she can lose it here. Patty Schdner .. we'll you never know what you're gonna get with her. I do like Venus's grandslam head compared to those I listed.

Venus just remain healthy and play your game. RELAX and have FUN!

venus_rulez
May 26th, 2006, 03:22 PM
I think that we should be more careful with her draw...there are some good players there in the first rounds and I think Venus is most vulnerable in the first week than in the second (at least in the majority of the grand slams she played).
Everyone is excited with her but we should take it easy...for example in 2004 where she had a brilliant clay court season (won charleston,Warsaw and retired in the final of berlin), she was a hot favorite to win and then lost in the qfs to myskina, the eventual champion. Even last year, after not very promising results in Amelia Island and Charleston, she won Instambul a people thought that maybe she was getting in form in the right time but then she performed poorly...then in wimbledon, when no one was expectinh she won...so with her is very unpredicatable...
I think the best think she can have is like play solid tennis in the first rounds and take the rustiness out of her(like she did on wimbledon, where she wasn´t playing that good in the first rounds, with lots of tight sets) and then go to the second week, hopefully not too exhausted and let the hunger come out!
Let`s think of only one round each time...
at this point she has to focuse on defeating Bammer...after that we´ll see!

You makes some good points, but in '03 she had the abdominal strain and only played 4 matches on clay all year, so the Zvonereva match was always going to be tough. In '04 she twisted her ankle and couldn't do much for the 2 0r 3 weeks leading up to Paris, and then last year :o well she wasn't playing all that great in the clay season anyway. This year she seems fairly well prepared and I'm glad she's recognized that she needs to hit through her shots and be aggressive even on clay. I think the reason her results have been so spotty at the French is when she's off she can't decide on staying aggressive or being consistent and so the errors pile up. I am a bit worried though that she got to Paris so early. The last time she was there that early in the week she lost first round to Schett. But as long as she's got her head on tight it's the quarters and beyond for Williams. Onward!

Dawn Marie
May 26th, 2006, 03:32 PM
I know how you feel Venusrules but I'm still glad Venus is in Paris early. This is actually a good thing. I know about the Schett loss but Schett is good on clay and was a tough first round opponent even if Venus came to Paris late. Let's hope that the Good Venus shows up.. lol and the "what the hell are you doing Venus?" doesn't.

This draw could have been ALOT harder. GO VEE!

RJWCapriati
May 26th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Excellent shot for Venus to win the title, she has to stay focused though!

Infiniti2001
May 26th, 2006, 03:40 PM

Remember Venus has owned her since that Wimby fiasco :lol: :p

hablo
May 26th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Sérieux,je suis tres sérieux!Attends Habs,je suis sérieux..Si on n'était sur terre j'aurais pas peur...mais là on est pas sur terre. Venus n'est a 100% encore aussi bien tennistiquement que physiquemnt et Venus n'aime pas jouer Amé donc ça me soule qu'elle soit dans sa partie de tableau :ras: :ras:
Et :ras: pour Améliemomo. No I don't wanna jinx her this time..maybe another time ok? :rolleyes: :o ;)
c'est toi prend tjrs un malin plaisir à te moquer de l'aspect mental du jeu d'Amé et tu nous sors ça juste avant RG; et, en plus, tu t'attends à ce qu'on te prenne au sérieux ? dsl, mais j'ai dû mal là.... :cuckoo::scratch::fiery:
bref, par rapport à tes réflexions dans le passé, tu dis n'importe quoi :rolleyes:

Aquanetta
May 26th, 2006, 04:25 PM

4th Rd Patty Schnyder
Qtrs Rd Amelie Mauresmo
Semis Rd Svete Kuzzy

Go Vee

It's a tall order but seeing how unpredictable the tour is at the moment, anything can happen, including Venus winning the title.

Il Primo!
May 26th, 2006, 05:32 PM
c'est toi prend tjrs un malin plaisir à te moquer de l'aspect mental du jeu d'Amé et tu nous sors ça juste avant RG; et, en plus, tu t'attends à ce qu'on te prenne au sérieux ? dsl, mais j'ai dû mal là.... :cuckoo::scratch::fiery:
bref, par rapport à tes réflexions dans le passé, tu dis n'importe quoi :rolleyes:
Beating a Venus not totally in shape on clay isn't a miracle. Venus isn't really a favorite,she's only a dark horse.
Momo played a lot of match this year,not on clay,it's true, but matches are matches. She's hadn't been injured for a while
Plus, the fact that Momo beats Vee doesn't mean she will win the tourney,it's totally different. So I really don't understand why it's incoherent with all I said before :rolleyes: I don't wanna to argue with you,so just believe in what I'm saying..If I really wanted to jinx Momo I would do it without hiding it,trust me :o

Infiniti2001
May 26th, 2006, 05:34 PM
No expectations this time. I just want Vee to surprise me :p

hablo
May 26th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Beating a Venus not totally in shape on clay isn't a miracle. Venus isn't really a favorite,she's only a dark horse.
Momo played a lot of match this year,not on clay,it's true, but matches are matches. She's hadn't been injured for a while
Plus, the fact that Momo beats Vee doesn't mean she will win the tourney,it's totally different. So I really don't understand why it's incoherent with all I said before :rolleyes: I don't wanna to argue with you,so just believe in what I'm saying..If I really wanted to jinx Momo I would do it without hiding it,trust me :o
Sounds like a whole lot of backtracking to me, that's all.

Il Primo!
May 26th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Sounds like a whole lot of backtracking to me, that's all.
so let's drop it :o

hablo
May 26th, 2006, 05:44 PM
so let's drop it :oI thought you had, especially since you said you were leaving :o

Foot_Fault
May 26th, 2006, 05:48 PM
One Point, One Set, One Match at a time! I am ready, i hope Venus is as well!

Good Chance here. Take it slow

Il Primo!
May 26th, 2006, 05:49 PM
I thought you had, especially since you said you were leaving :o
No,I wanted to manage to convince you I was sincere but I'm not gonna do it until I die if I see it's hopeless so,I drop it. But I'm not angry against you,to my side,there's no problem. Everyone can think what he wants to. :wavey:

hablo
May 26th, 2006, 05:54 PM
No,I wanted to manage to convince you I was sincere but I'm not gonna do it until I die if I see it's hopeless so,I drop it. But I'm not angry against you,to my side,there's no problem. Everyone can think what he wants to. :wavey:
I am not angry with you either :rolls::wavey:
as you say, everyone is entitled to their opinion :D

SJW
May 26th, 2006, 05:57 PM
The best draw her ranking could get...but if she plays like she did in the final two sets agains Hingis, she'll struggle.

Couver
May 26th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I'm glad Venus got a draw she can possibly play into formwise, but I agree with those who say take it one match at a time. Venus has had easy draws before at both RG and AO and just hasn't been able to capitalize, yet has had hard draws at Wimbledon and US and come through them. So I say it is best to wait and see. Right now I'm just thankful Venus is on a tennis court and that her body is holding up, it's all I'm going to ask for, just for the remainder of the season to be injury free.

new-york
May 26th, 2006, 06:11 PM
i'm more thinking about how she'll play every single match that who she's playing.

V-MAC
May 26th, 2006, 06:11 PM
A favourable draw indeed but as said by many already, Vee can still be unpredictable and....:o but I have a really good feeling about her this year ;) I think she is prepared for the battles ahead :bounce: :bounce:

Knizzle
May 26th, 2006, 06:38 PM
I really think she can get to the final here

R1 def Bammer
R2 def Laine
R3 def Peng
R4 def Schnyder
QF def Mauresmo
SF def Kuznetsova
F lose to JHH

We'll see about that one. :lol:

Pureracket
May 26th, 2006, 07:18 PM
I REALLY hope Venus does well @ this year's French, but the sooner she gets to practice on the grass, the better.

CJ07
May 26th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Unless Venus makes 70 UFE she beats either of them in straight sets.

But then again, she very well could make 70 UFE

But I think that she and Richard are looking to do really well here.

Paneru
May 26th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Yeah, it has nothing to do with the racquet of the opponent. :rolleyes:

No need for :rolleyes: dear.
We've seen time and time again
Venus losing because of what she
has or hasn't done.

Fact.

Paneru
May 26th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Ironical idea. :silly:

Just sit back and enjoy.

Some four weeks ago fans/critics were bitching about
her being out, she supposedly wasn't practicing, and
that she'd probably pull out of Warsaw.

Now look some four weeks later.

She's relatively healthy, finding her form quicker than
she has after any layoff, and her desire and fight to
get back to the to has shown itself to be more than
lip service.

Isn't that enough to ask for?

Just goona sit back and enjoy that she's
back and is such a good place physically & mentally. :cool:

tennismaster8820
May 26th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Go Venus! She has a great draw to progress to the semifinale! Peng is in great form, but she can't overpower Venus! No one can, except Sprem, but she is in terrible form; so as always Venus could only beat herself!

lolo21
May 26th, 2006, 08:00 PM

you've got a point :)

Amelie has always had a lot more trouble to deal with Serena than with Venus ,especially in the last 3 years

1handedwonder
May 26th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Eh, Venus had an even easier draw last year, and we all know what happened, at this point, i just want her to stay healthy win or lose!

anlavalle
May 26th, 2006, 08:45 PM

plus Amelie beat Venus the last 3 times they met

DemWilliamsGulls
May 26th, 2006, 09:33 PM
If this was ole school 2000-2003 Venus playing....she would win the French too easily...lets hope that the old Venus shows up...;)

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 26th, 2006, 09:55 PM

Maybe she can call Serena the day before the match and get some tips ;)

Foot_Fault
May 26th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Maybe she can call Serena the day before the match and get some tips ;)

:tape: LOL

Il Primo!
May 26th, 2006, 10:16 PM
I don't consider her loss at Varsovie as a real loss,it's was a walkover so..But it's clear,it would be tough to Venus to product her A game against Amelie ;)

Paneru
May 26th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Who gives a Flying Fuck who she plays.
She's playing! :cool:

I highly doubt Venus is quaking over all
of this dorky shit. She's not the fucking
Venus Williams for nothing! :worship:

UDiTY
May 26th, 2006, 10:43 PM
She got the best Round of 16 opponent she could have hoped for...which is great.

But Peng must be playing well to get to the Strasbourg final and Sprem is one of those players that really plays inspired tennis against Venus(usually).

GL!

Cybelle Darkholme
May 26th, 2006, 10:59 PM
How can anyone count last year when she was playing against steroids girl? That is such a farce that that girl can ever be let back in the sport.

Wannabeknowitall
May 26th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Let's really be serious here. Venus barely beat Jankovic to even get to play Hingis in the semis of Rome. A Jankovic who is having a pretty bad year. She can be pushed to the brink on clay and the more three setter or tough matchs she plays on clay, the tougher it will be for her in the later rounds.
She doesn't have the easiest early draw. Bammer can be on the court for pretty much forever. Laine is a player who needs time and when given that time can give people issues. Peng is one of the most underrated players on clay. She barely lost to Lindsay at last year's french open and definately has the shotmaking ability to put Venus on the defensive.

Any one of these players can take the punch out of Venus' strokes and make her an easier target for Patty or Mauresmo.
Mauresmo is the top player now because mostly thanxs to Venus. Mauresmo definately didn't feel like the number one player in 2004 but wins against her at the Advanta Championships brough up her confidence. Mauresmo has had Venus' number pretty much for two years now.
This definately is not a draw Venus is loving. It's definately better than Maria's though. :tape:

Knizzle
May 26th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Wannabe.................please....

Summer Snow
May 26th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Hopefully Likehotseva will take care of Sprem! :scared: Anyways, I think Venus could work with draw! :D Not the best, but it's workable :D

Wannabeknowitall
May 26th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Wannabe.................please....

I think Peng is in a final this week. She's back in form. This is a player who beat Kim on the hard courts for her ONE lost on hard courts last year.
She's very underrated on clay. She's definately not playing like the 70th ranked player in the world.
PLEASE take the please somewhere else. What I happened to say is a warranted warning for Venus and her draw.

Infiniti2001
May 27th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Comparing Lindsay's play on clay against Venus's is ludicrous if you asked me. Venus may not/never win RG, but she's way better on the red clay than Lindsay. And are you saying that since Peng beat Kim when she was hot , we should expect her to beat Venus?? :shrug: :rolleyes:

Kenny
May 27th, 2006, 12:09 AM
I agree anything is possible if she just keeps those errors down. Seriously, she's got to reign them in to win, and I believe she will.

hablo
May 27th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Mauresmo is the top player now because mostly thanxs to Venus. Mauresmo definately didn't feel like the number one player in 2004 but wins against her at the Advanta Championships brough up her confidence. Mauresmo has had Venus' number pretty much for two years now.
This definately is not a draw Venus is loving. It's definately better than Maria's though. :tape:
:tape:

Wannabeknowitall
May 27th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Comparing Lindsay's play on clay against Venus's is ludicrous if you asked me. Venus may not/never win RG, but she's way better on the red clay than Lindsay. And are you saying that since Peng beat Kim when she was hot , we should expect her to beat Venus?? :shrug: :rolleyes:

I'm saying that it's silly to ignore a player like Peng. What you happened to say about Lindsay is debatable. They have about the same winning percentage at Roland Garros, 74 to 75 percent. They have both won ugly on the surface and both have lost ugly as well.

If Peng can beat Kim when she appeared to be invincible on hard courts than it isn't too far fetched to say that Peng can do the same on clay.
The only reason Peng lost to Lindsay was because Lindsay started to move forward in the match and Peng stopped doing it herself.
She never stopped doing that against Kim at San Diego.
If she can be on the offensive and finish off points at net then it's not impossible to say that she can beat any top twenty player including Venus.

Diesel
May 27th, 2006, 12:17 AM
I'll love the draw if and when she lifts up the trophy.

Wannabeknowitall
May 27th, 2006, 12:22 AM
:tape:
Venus was one of the few top players that Mauresmo consistently beat in 2004.
Mauresmo hasn't lost to Venus since 2002 and has beaten her four times in the last three years. I call that a confidence booster. What would you call it?

hablo
May 27th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Venus was one of the few top players that Mauresmo consistently beat in 2004.
Mauresmo hasn't lost to Venus since 2002 and has beaten her four times in the last three years. I call that a confidence booster. What would you call it?
Year Event Surface Rnd Winner Score
1998 AUSTRALIAN OPEN HARD (O) R32 V. WILLIAMS 6-1 6-4
2001 AUSTRALIAN OPEN HARD (O) R16 V. WILLIAMS 6-2 3-6 6-3
2002 PARIS CARPET (I) S V. WILLIAMS 4-6 7-6(3) 7-5
2002 ANTWERP CARPET (I) S V. WILLIAMS 7-6(4) 6-0
2002 US OPEN HARD (O) S V. WILLIAMS 6-3 5-7 6-4
WARSAW CLAY (O) F A. MAURESMO 6-7(6) 6-0 3-0
ret.
2004 BERLIN OPEN CLAY (O) F A. MAURESMO W/O
2004 PHILADELPHIA HARD (I) Q A. MAURESMO 7-5 5-7 6-1
2005 ANTWERP CARPET (I) F A. MAURESMO 4-6 7-5 6-4

so those were the two victories that mostly made Momo a top player ? oh please you give Venus too much credit here :tape:
Mauresmo is the top player now because mostly thanxs to Venus.

Dawn Marie
May 27th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Let's face it. If we disect all the players and their draws we would find something difficult for our favorite. Considering all the past slam champs and top seeds and clay courters out there I think Venus has one of the best draws. I would rather have Amelie on my side of the draw at RG then a Henin and Petrova. Also the players in Venus half are liable to blow themselves away before Venus is given a chance to play them. If Venus holds her head together she has a good shot at the quarter,semi and final.

Wannabeknowitall.. Momo is not herself at RG. I'm not so sure Venus will be a surefire loser playing Momo on clay at RG.

Anyway, I hope Venus,Momo,Svetlana,Daniela and Hingis holds up the trophy. With Venus and Momo first and second.

new-york
May 27th, 2006, 12:34 AM

brr.

Dawn Marie
May 27th, 2006, 12:34 AM
I know Venus had Momo's number for years but her two wins over Venus is not why she went on a roll and won titles. LOL.. Venus is the bomb but come on. You're discrediting Momo more than hyping up Venus.

Wannabeknowitall
May 27th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Year Event Surface Rnd Winner Score
1998 AUSTRALIAN OPEN HARD (O) R32 V. WILLIAMS 6-1 6-4
2001 AUSTRALIAN OPEN HARD (O) R16 V. WILLIAMS 6-2 3-6 6-3
2002 PARIS CARPET (I) S V. WILLIAMS 4-6 7-6(3) 7-5
2002 ANTWERP CARPET (I) S V. WILLIAMS 7-6(4) 6-0
2002 US OPEN HARD (O) S V. WILLIAMS 6-3 5-7 6-4
WARSAW CLAY (O) F A. MAURESMO 6-7(6) 6-0 3-0
ret.
2004 BERLIN OPEN CLAY (O) F A. MAURESMO W/O
2004 PHILADELPHIA HARD (I) Q A. MAURESMO 7-5 5-7 6-1

so those were the two victories that mostly made Momo a top player ? oh please you give Venus too much credit here :tape:

Wow. That is probably the one and only time I will be accused of giving too much credit to Venus.
Those were the two victories that helped her get to where she is today yes.
Venus played good tennis in both of those matches. Venus probably played her best tennis in a year at Antwerp last year.
She wasn't beating Lindsay, Serena, Kim, and Justine on a consistent basis, in a lot of cases at all, so other top wins had to compensate for it.

Brooks.
May 27th, 2006, 12:39 AM
it's really up to Venus whether she makes the most of her draw...I do feel that she is coming into this French Open under a lot better circumstances than the last couple of years ...she's been building form quite nicely the last couple of weeks and I'm hoping she'll peak just at the right time here

Infiniti2001
May 27th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Wow. That is probably the one and only time I will be accused of giving too much credit to Venus.

Nah, we all know it's part of your obsession with her :tape:

Wannabeknowitall
May 27th, 2006, 12:47 AM
What obcession? I give as much negative input about Venus as I do the other top players. It's not like I'm this board's version of Mary Joe Fernandez who takes any and every opportunity to say something negative about Venus. I've been on record of saying that Venus is the best clay court slider on the women's tour possibly ever. It's her groundstrokes that are the issue. I still am going with the viewpoint that Venus' RG final is a fluke until she backs it up. It's been four years and I'm still waiting.

Brooks.
May 27th, 2006, 12:53 AM
What obcession? I give as much negative input about Venus as I do the other top players. It's not like I'm this board's version of Mary Joe Fernandez who takes any and every opportunity to say something negative about Venus. I've been on record of saying that Venus is the best clay court slider on the women's tour possibly ever. It's her groundstrokes that are the issue. I still am going with the viewpoint that Venus' RG final is a fluke until she backs it up. It's been four years and I'm still waiting.

how is it a fluke when she's won virtually every big clay court title there is to win...and she's made the finals of berlin and the french...she's proven herself on clay...if not for Serena she would already have a french open title under her belt

hablo
May 27th, 2006, 12:58 AM
I know Venus had Momo's number for years but her two wins over Venus is not why she went on a roll and won titles. LOL.. Venus is the bomb but come on. You're discrediting Momo more than hyping up Venus.
Well said.

Wannabeknowitall
May 27th, 2006, 01:01 AM
how is it a fluke when she's won virtually every big clay court title there is to win...and she's made the finals of berlin and the french...she's proven herself on clay...if not for Serena she would already have a french open title under her belt

It doesn't really matter for Venus. I'm going on a premise of only the slam. She doesn't usually play a WTA sanctioned warm-up for the Australian or Wimbledon and we just look at her slam record for that surface. I'm doing the same thing for Roland Garros.

Infiniti2001
May 27th, 2006, 01:03 AM

Are you saying that it's a fluke for any player who got to a slam final at least once and did not win or is this just for Venus? :shrug:

Wannabeknowitall
May 27th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Are you saying that it's a fluke for any player who got to a slam final at least once and did not win or is this just for Venus? :shrug:
I'm saying it's a fluke for any player who got to a slam final and never returned at least to the SF of that slam.

Infiniti2001
May 27th, 2006, 01:13 AM
I'm saying it's a fluke for any player who got to a slam final and never returned at least to the SF of that slam.

Change your tune :lol:

Wannabeknowitall
May 27th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Change your tune :lol:
I'll change it when she actually makes the SF of Roland Garros. :kiss:

Stamp Paid
May 27th, 2006, 01:58 AM
Venus will play well or she wont.
If she plays well, shell win.
If she plays bad, shell lose.
I thought everyone knew this. :shrug:

Lulu.
May 27th, 2006, 02:16 AM
IMO she should reach the quarterfinals quite easily...

I agree. I think she has enough match play and conidence to go far in this tournament

LUIS9
May 27th, 2006, 02:17 AM
I don't think it's that easy. If Vee even gets to the 4th round, we all know she can go down to any unknown who might be on that day during the early rounds, Patty could become red hot and at least push her to 3, I don't think Momo will let Vee have it this year, even if she beat Momo, I don't think she can beat Kuzzy.

Hmmm... These days the seeds don't always hold to true face value. Kuzzie and Momo might not even make it that far, especially Mauresmo because of her Paris jitters. Kuzzie has been so up and down since Miami it's not a sure thing she'l make the semis. However, both Mauresmo and Kutznetsova should both reach the quarters unless injury becomes a factor which one would pray does not occur.

tterb
May 27th, 2006, 02:29 AM
I think Dawn Marie was spot on. For an #11 seed, Venus got one of the best draws she could have hoped for. Venus shouldn't overlook a possible match with Peng in the 3R, who is a solid player that could cause her a lot of trouble. But other than that (and maybe Sprem, if she were to catch fire), her draw is fairly open until the fourth round.

Patty's a better 4R draw than Kuznetsova or Henin-Hardenne, that's for sure. If Patty has her head on straight, she's capable of taking Venus out... but Patty's been having her fair share of bad days recently, and she could just as easily stink up the joint.

Mauresmo isn't the best QF draw (obviously that would be Sharapova), since she's one of the best claycourters in the world. But we all know Amelie's history at RG... I think she's ready to get over the mental block at her home slam, but she hasn't proven it yet, so who knows?

If Venus plays well, she's capable of hanging with almost anyone. This draw gives her a couple rounds to work herself into form. That said, clay will never be mistaken for Venus's favorite surface, so she's going to have to bring it... We've seen that the draw doesn't always mean much for Venus (she's lost early with easier draws, and won with harder), so here's hoping she stays healthy and aggressive. Good luck, Venus! :yeah:

Foot_Fault
May 27th, 2006, 03:12 AM
I think Dawn Marie was spot on. For an #11 seed, Venus got one of the best draws she could have hoped for. Venus shouldn't overlook a possible match with Peng in the 3R, who is a solid player that could cause her a lot of trouble. But other than that (and maybe Sprem, if she were to catch fire), her draw is fairly open until the fourth round.

Patty's a better 4R draw than Kuznetsova or Henin-Hardenne, that's for sure. If Patty has her head on straight, she's capable of taking Venus out... but Patty's been having her fair share of bad days recently, and she could just as easily stink up the joint.

Mauresmo isn't the best QF draw (obviously that would be Sharapova), since she's one of the best claycourters in the world. But we all know Amelie's history at RG... I think she's ready to get over the mental block at her home slam, but she hasn't proven it yet, so who knows?

If Venus plays well, she's capable of hanging with almost anyone. This draw gives her a couple rounds to work herself into form. That said, clay will never be mistaken for Venus's favorite surface, so she's going to have to bring it... We've seen that the draw doesn't always mean much for Venus (she's lost early with easier draws, and won with harder), so here's hoping she stays healthy and aggressive. Good luck, Venus! :yeah:

Best analysis all day! Great

Seyz
May 27th, 2006, 03:51 AM
Well, hey she doesn't have one big obstacle this year; the possiblity of facing Serena Williams in the final! :)

I don't doubt if it wasn't for Serena, Venus would have already won RG that year.

Foot_Fault
May 27th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Well, hey she doesn't have one big obstacle this year; the possiblity of facing Serena Williams in the final! :)

I don't doubt if it wasn't for Serena, Venus would have already won RG that year.

Venus would have the career slam by now

MrSerenaWilliams
May 27th, 2006, 04:16 AM
Ok....so Venus doesn't have the easiest draw, but she has a definately workable one. Yeah yeah, you're preaching to the choir in terms of not overlooking first round opponents. I thought Venus would have learned her lesson before, but she should have DEFINATELY learned it after the MELTDOWN against Pironkova (who, thankfully is on the other side of the draw, although I WANT REVENGE). In both of the clay events that she has played so far this year, she has reached a semi and and quarter. Not bad. Throwing out that Hingis match, she's looks to definately be cleaning up her game, which is a good sign. Her REAL first challenge will be Peng. And this could be dangerous. Usually once Venus gets to the fourth round of a slam, she's good, but she's lost a LOT of tight matches to decent players early in slams before she could get in a rythym ('01 Schett, '03 Zvonareva, '04 Raymond, Davenport, '05 Molik, Karatantcheva) so Peng should feel good about her chances, but if Venus plays clean tennis (LESS THAN 35 unforced), she should get through fine. Gawk all you want, but in all of those early slam losses by Venus, she had a REDICULOUS amonut of unforced errors, so if she gets into the zone early, she should be fine. OK, now Patty. She's good, and on clay, even better. But the last time she went deep at the French was in 1998 when she went to the quarters. She's had a bunch of 4th round appearances, but she's lost way too many of them to players who outhit her (Pierce, Henin-Hardenne, Capriati). Venus is definately capable of outhitting Schnyder and like we saw in Rome, once Patty lets a lead slip, Venus is deadly. It really only takes one or two crucial games to get Venus on a tear, and that could spell bad news for Patty. Venus really has to work on making sure she keeps her errors down, there's nothing really else to it. If she does that, she's clear to the quarters. Once she gets there, she COULD face Mauresmo (she's prone to be upset at the French lest we forget ladies and gets.) or Vaidisova or anyone else. In nearly 25 grand slam quaterfinal appearances, Venus has gone on to the next round 65% of the time, so if she gets there, she should be ok, but a lot of those quarterfinal losses have been at the French so we really don't know. Her odds of advancing past the semis get even better, making it to the final 75% of the time. So I mean, she's proven that she's a consistent player in slams. The real 100% bonafide key is if she keeps her errors down and plays intelligent tennis. No one really can hit her off of the court. She hits herself off. So we'll see....it should be an interesting two weeks. She definately has a shot to go deep. And I'll be rooting for her every step of the way!

Good Luck Vee!

tterb
May 27th, 2006, 04:46 AM
Honestly, I looked at it again, and Venus' path to the 4R (key phrase here) is easier than most of the top 8 seeds'! The only easier ones are Petrova's and Justine's (and Patty's is about equal). Likhovtseva is about as good a 3R matchup as you can draw (only other possible 3R draws as good might have been Dechy or Sugiyama) - she's a very good player when she's on, nice all-court game and tactically sound, but she's been sooo, sooo bad this season for whatever reason.

Come on, Venus - one match at a time, and hopefully some awesome 4R and QF showdowns await! :)

zzachtan
May 27th, 2006, 05:10 AM
Honestly, I looked at it again, and Venus' path to the 4R (key phrase here) is easier than most of the top 8 seeds'! The only easier ones are Petrova's and Justine's (and Patty's is about equal). Likhovtseva is about as good a 3R matchup as you can draw (only other possible 3R draws as good might have been Dechy or Sugiyama) - she's a very good player when she's on, nice all-court game and tactically sound, but she's been sooo, sooo bad this season for whatever reason.

Come on, Venus - one match at a time, and hopefully some awesome 4R and QF showdowns await! :)

Venus' seed for the 3R is likhovtseva, but i believe she'll most likely be meeting shuai peng there, hence the "danger" part

LucasArg
May 27th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Before the draw was made I was hoping Venus to be on Mauresmo quarter. I am pleased to see the draw out as I wished.

Go Venus!!! :wavey:

GracefulVenus
May 27th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Prediction: Venus and Hingis in the Final.

vwfan
May 27th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Prediction: Venus and Hingis in the Final.That would be fabulous. It would be Wimbledon 2005 final all over again: two veterans, both hungry for another slam, a longstanding rivalry, going the distance in the longest French Open final in history.

So much better than the mental collapses by one of the players in the last couple of years.

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 27th, 2006, 04:37 PM
That would be fabulous. It would be Wimbledon 2005 final all over again: two veterans, both hungry for another slam, a longstanding rivalry, going the distance in the longest French Open final in history.

So much better than the mental collapses by one of the players in the last couple of years.

That would be awesome, I honestly wouldn't care who won. It would just be an amazing thing to happen...both girls deserve that elusive FO title.

Paneru
May 27th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Venus will play well or she wont.
If she plays well, shell win.
If she plays bad, shell lose.
I thought everyone knew this. :shrug:

Unfortunately their aren't many twit's around here
that are blessed with your common sense dear. :cool:

Paneru
May 27th, 2006, 04:43 PM
I'll change it when she actually makes the SF of Roland Garros. :kiss:

Tried & true.

Just one in a long line of
bandwagon jumpers. :cool:

Mother_Marjorie
May 27th, 2006, 04:45 PM
That would be fabulous. It would be Wimbledon 2005 final all over again: two veterans, both hungry for another slam, a longstanding rivalry, going the distance in the longest French Open final in history.

In the past four weeks, both Hingis and Venus have suffered mental collapses, which cost them matches. The rust still prevails, hence, I don't think either one will win the FO this year.

vwfan
May 27th, 2006, 04:52 PM
In the past four weeks, both Hingis and Venus have suffered mental collapses, which cost them matches. The rust still prevails, hence, I don't think either one will win the FO this year.I meant the mental collapses in the French Open final?!

Since neither of them have been in a French Open final for several years, they can't have had mental collapses there.

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 27th, 2006, 05:04 PM
In the past four weeks, both Hingis and Venus have suffered mental collapses, which cost them matches. The rust still prevails, hence, I don't think either one will win the FO this year.

And Justine is just so confident going into the French with her losses to mental cases Schnyder and Petrova right?

Paneru
May 27th, 2006, 05:28 PM

I don't think so!

Martina's loss to Venus was simply because she didn't
fight for it. She herself said she was waiting for Venus to
give it to her. That's not a mental collapse, that's just
stupidity.

Venus' loss to Sveta came from rust and fatigue.
Her loss to Martina came bacause of errors and the fact
that martina finally began playing well. Venus was still rusty
but she fought.

So, i don't get what "mental collapse" you
are even talking about.

Furthermore, few ere giving Venus anything at Wimbledon last year.
They didn't even mention her until her play forced them to.

Both can win this title. None of the other players have been stellar or
riding high clouds either wheather due to coming off injury or
what have you.

This title is wide open and it would be
utterly foolish to count anyone out, let alone
a combination of 10 Slam Titles between two of the
mst dynamic players ever to play on tour.

Guess they'll just play and the bandwago people
will jump when the titme comes like always. :cool:

Venus proves 'em wrong time and time again and
still certain folks never learn.

AkademiQ
May 27th, 2006, 07:33 PM
That would be awesome, I honestly wouldn't care who won. It would just be an amazing thing to happen...both girls deserve that elusive FO title.

Could only be happy if Venus won.

The winner deserves the trophy period.

tennismaster8820
May 29th, 2006, 08:39 PM
So Venus goes on into second round, who will stop her?

new-york
May 29th, 2006, 09:32 PM
So Venus goes on into second round, who will stop her?

calling for some speculation?

Foot_Fault
May 30th, 2006, 04:28 AM
calling for some speculation?
Herself!

Sam L
May 30th, 2006, 04:45 AM
Hingis - Venus final. Ok, only if Martina wins. No negotiations.

new-york
May 30th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Hingis - Venus final. Ok, only if Martina wins. No negotiations.

no way.

Wannabeknowitall
May 31st, 2006, 06:22 PM
I just thought I would bump this up since I said that Laine could be an issue for Venus and many people thought I was bullshyting.

Knizzle
May 31st, 2006, 06:32 PM
Yeah Laine is really dictating play and throwing Venus off wannabe......get a fucking brain.

Wannabeknowitall
May 31st, 2006, 06:41 PM
Yeah Laine is really dictating play and throwing Venus off wannabe......get a fucking brain.
:lol: I never said she was dictating play. All I said was she could give Venus issues. You wouldn't even consider that possibility. You say I should "get a fucking brain", I say your ass should try to "think outside that delusional box you've come so accustomed to".

Knizzle
May 31st, 2006, 06:46 PM
Anyone would give her problems today if she's just making random errors.

AjdeNate!
May 31st, 2006, 06:46 PM
:spremstilllurkingbytheway:

hablo
May 31st, 2006, 06:48 PM
Venus, too many ues :o

Knizzle
May 31st, 2006, 06:49 PM
:spremstilllurkingbytheway:

:p Venus won't want to lose to her anymore.

Wannabeknowitall
May 31st, 2006, 06:53 PM
Anyone would give her problems today if she's just making random errors.
You would think after watching Venus play Coetzer you would understand that some top players aren't the best at creating their own pace.

hingis-seles
May 31st, 2006, 06:53 PM

:Pleasebringbacktedwatts:

:p

Knizzle
May 31st, 2006, 06:54 PM
on that not wannabe, I'm done debating with you cuz to compare Laine to Coetzer is just foolish.

Derek.
May 31st, 2006, 06:55 PM

If Venus plays like she is doing today Sprem has a great chance.

Venus has to get past Laine first. :o

Stamp Paid
May 31st, 2006, 07:01 PM
Laine is a fug, BTW

Wannabeknowitall
May 31st, 2006, 07:02 PM
on that not wannabe, I'm done debating with you cuz to compare Laine to Coetzer is just foolish.
I'm not comparing Laine to Coetzer. All I said was that it's difficult for some top players to create their own pace. Serena and Capriati would use slices against each other when they played making the opponent create their own pace. It would usually lead to an error. Serena even had trouble against the no pace balls of Pin at the Australian for a minute. Again I brought in a possibility and someway somehow it doesn't seem to manifest into you mind.

tennismaster8820
May 31st, 2006, 07:06 PM
Did Venus ever lost a match against a player like Laine? I think she can't be compared with Pironkova or Karatancheva!

middy
May 31st, 2006, 07:08 PM

:bowdown: very well said.

Anyway, back to the topic Venus has the best draw she could have hoped for. She needs to take full advantage of it and play solid from get go. There will always be a few opponents who will go for everything and she should never underestimate anyone.

As to those who say its all on Venus's racquet :rolleyes: Its never just on 1 players racquet.

Stamp Paid
May 31st, 2006, 07:09 PM
Did Venus ever lost a match against a player like Laine? I think she can't be compared Pironkova or Karatancheva!

Shit, she lost to Sprem didnt she?!

cheo23
May 31st, 2006, 07:09 PM
despite that HIGH # of UEs, she won the 1st SET:lol:

Laine, GO WORK ON u're WEAK ASS SERVE:retard:

U had a 4-0 lead & so so sooo many chances even a SET POINT but u couldn't close it out:rolleyes: :cuckoo: :smash:

by the way, SHE wasn't making errors by CREATING HER OWN PACE, she was just off her game & RUSHING HER POWERFUL SHOTS but like a TRUE Champion...she turned it around...so congrats on winning that 1st SET.

GrandSlam05
May 31st, 2006, 07:12 PM
Laine is a fug, BTW
Oh great, so it's two fugs out there slugging it back and forth. :tape:

Wannabeknowitall
May 31st, 2006, 07:13 PM
As to those who say its all on Venus's racquet :rolleyes: Its never just on 1 players racquet.
Now that's something I agree on. :worship:

tennismaster8820
May 31st, 2006, 07:17 PM
Shit, she lost to Sprem didnt she?!

Yes, but in that match Sprem dictated all the points!

Wannabeknowitall
May 31st, 2006, 07:21 PM
Oh great, so it's two fugs out there slugging it back and forth. :tape:
Well I think they're both very attractive women slugging it out there on a cold day but someone had to bring in that bullshyt like it matters in this match. King you can be a dickhead sometimes.

Infiniti2001
May 31st, 2006, 07:21 PM
Now that's something I agree on. :worship:

Once Venus stopped donating the free gifts the match turned in her favor--- how should that be interpreted?? :shrug:

Wannabeknowitall
May 31st, 2006, 07:23 PM
Once Venus stopped donating the free gifts the match turned in her favor--- so how should that be interpreted?? :shrug:
Chris Fowler said it best, "The slowest surface has the quickest and biggest momentum changes."
What was working an hour ago might not work for the next.

Infiniti2001
May 31st, 2006, 07:24 PM
whatever!! :tape:

Wannabeknowitall
May 31st, 2006, 07:27 PM
whatever!! :tape:
Great comeback. Nothing like going Valley girl on me when nothing else can be said. :yeah:

Knizzle
May 31st, 2006, 08:04 PM
BTW Wannabe, weren't u touting Peng to beat Venus?? I guess that's where the wannabe part comes into your name.

Wannabeknowitall
May 31st, 2006, 08:17 PM
BTW Wannabe, weren't u touting Peng to beat Venus?? I guess that's where the wannabe part comes into your name.

I thought it was a possibility. Peng has played a lot in the last ten days, seven matches. I don't remember you saying yes to the bet, so it doesn't particularly hurt to have a wrong prediction.

Again the name bashing is as tired as you since I made the name expecting people with no creativity whatsoever to bash it.

vwfan
May 31st, 2006, 11:44 PM
Venus, too many ues :o

Then Momo's "clean" match of 51 errors today should really be driving you mad! :tape: