May 26th, 2006, 10:56 AM
First round she plays Raymond.

Fourth round Elena D.

Quarterfinals Kim Clijsters

Semifinals Justine/Nadia

Holy HELL...

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Oh crap she has Golovin third round as well!!!

Mightymirza
May 26th, 2006, 11:07 AM
well havnt u seenher playlately..She beat lena easily on clay... :sad: so its lena fans that shud be complaining...Shes just started playing 3 4 months back for chrisssake.. Be happy that she has great chance of reaching QF atleast..

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Yeah but still :sad: Plus the crowd will be INSANE in the Golovin match...OMG

PLP
May 26th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Golovin in the 3rd could be very difficult though we don't know Tati's from...Yes she just beat LenaD but this is a GS, all bets are off...Kim in the quarters, could be a great match, hope she gets there!! Go Martina>P

lynch79
May 26th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Yeah, but take a look at Elena's draw. I don't think she will reach the fourth round.

Mightymirza
May 26th, 2006, 11:12 AM
ohh yeah thats true...Dint see that one..Well good luck marti..Shes my 5th Fav u see but Mirza aint going past 1st round..:sad:

korben
May 26th, 2006, 11:13 AM

Holy HELL...

Poor Martina :sad:

Hachiko
May 26th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Golovin might not even make the third round...

Williamsser
May 26th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Most of my faves are crammed in the bottom half! :sad:

Almalyk
May 26th, 2006, 11:15 AM
I don't think her draw is too bad really... She beat Lena last time they played on clay... If she does that again she will reach at least QF.

My boyfriend thinks she will go further still...

lukehingis
May 26th, 2006, 11:19 AM
I don't like martina's draw mostly cos in her quarter are 2 of my other favourites... I'd much rather they meet in the SF onwards... that said, I think martina has a good chance of reaching the SFs since neither Elena or Kim have been in fantastic form of late... the problem lies in the SF where she will play one of the favourites (perhaps we shd be thankful she doesn't play both?)... if she reaches the finals, she has a good shot at the title. That said, she has to defeat 3 big hitters just to reach the Finals!

lynch79
May 26th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Martina won't have any problems against Raymond on clay. IMO it's a good draw for her, till quarters at least. GO Martina!!!!

bellascarlett
May 26th, 2006, 11:27 AM
As someone said, it's lena who should be complaining...:lol: :sad:...I think for a number 12 seed, martina's got an okay draw.

DEETHELICK
May 26th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Whilst Martina handled Elena well last time, I don't think it would be an easy match should they play again.

However, Elena's draw sucks. It is a tough one, but we have to have faith!

PLP
May 26th, 2006, 11:33 AM
At least she isn't in the same quarter as Nadia and Justine! Actually, it would have been worse if she had been in the same qaurter as Venus and Momo as well, so I guess maybe it's not so bad...

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Elena D will be PISSED. She must be driven this time around :(

I could've preferred Kuzzy, SCHNYDER or even Sharapova in the fourth round or even the quarters...

Louis Cyphre
May 26th, 2006, 11:43 AM

Fourth round Elena D.

Semifinals Justine/Nadia

Holy HELL...
Well ...
Raymond cant play on clay
Lena D is in awful shape and I doubt that she will reach Fourth round (I wish I`m wrong )
Kim Clijsters - same as Lena D

So I cant see the horrible draw,I just see a person who like to complain

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Well ...
Raymond cant play on clay
Lena D is in awful shape and I doubt that she will reach Fourth round (I wish I`m wrong )
Kim Clijsters - same as Lena D

So I cant see the horrible draw,I just see a person who like to complain

Umm nearly EVERY Martina fan is unhappy with this draw. Whatever anyone says she could have gotten a better draw and this draw is definitely horrible. Look at Venus's draw and see the difference, uhhh.

dinhd82
May 26th, 2006, 11:54 AM
It's a tough draw but hey Martina has to go thru it if she wants to win a GS again and silence all those naysayers.

nickoteen
Golovin vs Hingis should be an interesting match but I dont think Golovin is in a good form yet , she just got back from a big injury and missed many matches and also lacks match rythm.

And match rythm is important but then again form of the day can be the decisive factor :)

-nick

PLP
Umm nearly EVERY Martina fan is unhappy with this draw. Whatever anyone says she could have gotten a better draw and this draw is definitely horrible. Look at Venus's draw and see the difference, uhhh.
Venus has one of the easier draws, no question...But I would rather see (if she gets there!) Martina/Kim in the quarters than Martina/Mauresmo!

Aaron.
May 26th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Venus has one of the easier draws, no question...But I would rather see (if she gets there!) Martina/Kim in the quarters than Martina/Mauresmo!She had one last year and Lost in the 3R :fiery: lets hope that wont happen again!! cmon vee

perseus2006
May 26th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Hingis has a cakewalk into the 4th because Tati is recovering from injury. This is the second easiest ride possible. Venus did get the easiest ride.

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 12:05 PM
When Elena is on, BOY she is on. And like I said she could be very driven and motivated this time around to beat Martina.

No Name Face
Elena has the hardest draw ever. Instead of Tati, she gets a red hot Peer.

Jakeev
Why such a horrible draw? Martina has beaten Dementieva on clay and Kim has proven to be beatable.

Ugh the drama.:rolleyes:

volta
May 26th, 2006, 12:09 PM
i dont see Raymond on clay such a difficult thing to hingis i think her draw only becomes tough right on 3rd round when she has to face pati but then again we dont know the form of pati because shes recovering from the injury so lets see

Martian Stacey
May 26th, 2006, 12:14 PM
A typical Martina draw :p

She shouldn't have too many problems getting to the 4th round. Raymond on clay isn't a huge threat. And Golovin has been out injured so i don't think she'll be in amazing form.

The possible matches against Elena and Kim will be tough, Martina has a great chance to win both though :) She beat Elena on clay just recently, and she pushed Kim at the AO which was only her 3rd tournament back :)

Randriantastic!
May 26th, 2006, 12:23 PM

Oh, don't be such a Debbie Downer. ;) Honestly: Tati might not even be playing, El.D and Kimbo are definitely winnable matches for Martina - I have faith that she'll reach the semis. And Lisa Marie in the first round? If it were grass, one might be slightly more concerned, but she's honestly just another scrub that Hingis would cruise past easily. Martina only reeeeally struggles against the top players.

Randriantastic!
May 26th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Elena has the hardest draw ever. Instead of Tati, she gets a red hot Peer.
No no, Peer has never pulled off solid results in back-to-back tournaments, hence the further she goes, the further from red-hot she'll be next week. :p I'm hoping she'll prove me wrong, but that's definitely been the trend this year: she lost 1R Aus Open after that Canberra/Hobart semi, and 1R in both tournaments the week after she won her titles.

mila_mail
May 26th, 2006, 12:27 PM
I think Martina can defeat Raymond in the first round in easy sets but struggle in the later rounds.

Good luck

ntorcida
May 26th, 2006, 12:37 PM
draw http://www.tipdana.com/forum/Smileys/default/doh.gif but FIGHT Martina, you can do it! http://www.tipdana.com/forum/Smileys/default/clapping.gif http://www.tipdana.com/forum/Smileys/default/clapping.gif http://www.tipdana.com/forum/Smileys/default/clapping.gif http://www.tipdana.com/forum/Smileys/default/clapping.gif

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Oh, don't be such a Debbie Downer. ;) Honestly: Tati might not even be playing, El.D and Kimbo are definitely winnable matches for Martina - I have faith that she'll reach the semis. And Lisa Marie in the first round? If it were grass, one might be slightly more concerned, but she's honestly just another scrub that Hingis would cruise past easily. Martina only reeeeally struggles against the top players.

I think it all depends on Martina's mental strength, which I find it somewhat hard to rely on. This is the reason she lost 6-0 in the first set to Venus in Rome. She went in feeling like she's going to lose. And I dunno where I read it, but she said she's not up there yet to beat Clijsters, so that's not comforting.

tenn_ace
May 26th, 2006, 12:42 PM

Fourth round Elena D.

Semifinals Justine/Nadia

Holy HELL...

you're kidding, right? :rolleyes: who did you expect her to play in the later rounds? Camille?

and the first round against Raymond.... I mean current form Raymond on clay... Could it be any better? Golovin is still injured. Jie is the only who could pose any kind of threat to Martina in the first 3 rounds.

And I already talked about second week. Nouf said.:p

dorotek23
May 26th, 2006, 12:45 PM
I think she will beat Raymond.
When she win first 2 or 3 matches easily, she will be more dangerous. She has nothing to lose.
In Rome in matches with Schiavone and Pennetta she didn't playing her best, but she was able to win.
And next match with Venus (exept first set) and Safina she was playing great.
When she plays with top players she plays great

Cat's Pajamas
May 26th, 2006, 12:46 PM
this is about as get as could get for Martina :shrug:

what were you expecting a cakewalk draw to the final?

Randriantastic!
May 26th, 2006, 12:47 PM
I think it all depends on Martina's mental strength, which I find it somewhat hard to rely on. This is the reason she lost 6-0 in the first set to Venus in Rome. She went in feeling like she's going to lose. And I dunno where I read it, but she said she's not up there yet to beat Clijsters, so that's not comforting.
Well, she ended up winning though. ;) And we all know clay is Kimbo's least favourite surface, as she loves to say over and over. And maybe the tennis gods will show love to Martina again and get the tough seeds kicked out of her way (see: Benesova, Iveta).

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 12:50 PM
For the hundredth time I was hoping she'd meet someone like Patty, Kuzzy or even Sharapova in the quarters. I find the latter three easier for her.

Randriantastic!
May 26th, 2006, 12:55 PM
For the hundredth time I was hoping she'd meet someone like Patty, Kuzzy or even Sharapova in the quarters. I find the latter three easier for her.

Patty/Sharapova, yes; Kuzy's been the butt of French Open jokes because of those match points, but she does/did train in Spain and I wouldn't ever discount her on clay. I'd really rather El.D, who is so much more erratic, and could well lose before the fourth round anyway.

champion88
May 26th, 2006, 01:00 PM
I'm pretty happy with her draw to be fair. Beat Lena D easily in berlin and I think Hingis has better chance against her than Sharapova or Patty or Kuzzy

Louis Cyphre
May 26th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Maybe you expect Martina to draw players like Arvidsson and Maria Vento-Kabchi till the final :confused:
Maret Ani draw is horrible,Martina`s is easy till the SF but it`s a SF so you dont have to expect an easy opponent!So pleasr top complaining!!!

Veeko
May 26th, 2006, 01:01 PM
i think she can go ahead!because she is a good player and a clever one

Foot's Fingers
May 26th, 2006, 01:03 PM

Fourth round Elena D.

Semifinals Justine/Nadia

Holy HELL...

Hey!!! What do you want from GS????????????????? Pin Panova and Brandi in QF SF and Final??????????????????????????

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 01:08 PM
I don't know if the IQ is this forum suddenly dropped or some of you just can't read.

I effing said I would've Sharapova, Kuzzy or Patty in the QUARTERS or FOURTH ROUND. QUARTERS or FOURTH ROUND. And Golovin playing in her country in Roland Garros where ppl celebrate every Martina mistake is NOT easy. Where the hell did I ever talk about the semifinal or final? I never said I'm expecting anything easy for the latter two, goodness.

Viktymise
May 26th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Martina's draw is nothing compared to Lena's, saying that tho if lena gets through to the 4th round to play hingis, she will be very match tough and would definatley beat hingis, alot like when she made the final in 04 her first couple of matches were hard but then when she was in the 4th round, it all came together and she beat Davenport and Mauresmo in straights, same could happen her also she would be looking for revenge over martina, and this surface suits lena much better than berlin because its slower so she can chase down more of martina's balls and her serve isint as attackable

McAuley
May 26th, 2006, 01:16 PM

Fourth round Elena D.

Semifinals Justine/Nadia

Holy HELL...

If that is how my favourite player has to win her first French Open title, then so be it. :) Besides, the haters can't claim that she had an easy draw.
:tape:

hingis-seles
May 26th, 2006, 01:20 PM
I'm most concerned about Zheng in the 3rd Round. That could be BIG trouble.

One match at a time, though. Roland Garros has always been the most unpredictable of Slams.

mauresmofan
May 26th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Hingis is in the 2nd easiest quarter - she's no.12 seed so she isn't going to get a cakewalk. Ok the quarter next to hers is extremely tough and she will be playing against Petrova or Henin-Hardenne in the semis unless Kim can get her 2006 form going at last!

dylan24
May 26th, 2006, 01:40 PM
hingis 1/4 is not bad at all.
she'll beat elena D if makes it that far.
and who else is in her 1/4?
kim clijsters. big deal. kim doesn't care about tennis anymore after winning the us open.
hingis will beat kim if she faces her.

hingis will definitely make the semifinals.

Ryan
May 26th, 2006, 02:29 PM
I don't know if the IQ is this forum suddenly dropped or some of you just can't read.

I effing said I would've Sharapova, Kuzzy or Patty in the QUARTERS or FOURTH ROUND. QUARTERS or FOURTH ROUND. And Golovin playing in her country in Roland Garros where ppl celebrate every Martina mistake is NOT easy. Where the hell did I ever talk about the semifinal or final? I never said I'm expecting anything easy for the latter two, goodness.

I think you're a little too dramatic. Raymond in the first round? Of RG? That's like a bye. Does noone remember Lisa giving up 6-0 5-0 lead to some girl and not winning another game? (Was on clay, not sure if it was RG). Hingis should have no problems there.

Golovin? If she can make the 3rd round there's potential for a good match, but Hingis is hardly in grave danger against someone who hasn't played since Miami due to an injury.

Dementieva in the 4th is actually the best she could have done, outside of drawing Schnyder. There's a chance Elena could be on fire and smoke Marti, but Hingis beat her pretty convincingly in Berlin, and I don't think Elena's a better GS performer than Hingis.

QF: Clijsters. Well, you can't have a cakewalk all the way, can you? Sharapova would have been the ideal QF opponent, but Kim's not the worst. If Marti and Kim make the QF's, it's definately a 50/50 shot. They played a close match at the AO, with Hingis not playing nearly as well as she is now. Ditto for Kim. If they meet it should be a great match, and that's all we can ask for at this point. If Hingis is going to win RG, she's going to have to win these type of matches; might as well get them over with now.

SF: HH/Petrova. I cant see Nadia beating Justine at a GS on clay, but she did in Berlin, so who knows. If Marti beats Elena and Kim, I certainly think she can beat either of these players. I'd rate Hingis over Petrova, but she'd def. be an underdog against Justine.

alwayshingis
May 26th, 2006, 02:40 PM
I love Martina's draw. Couldn't have asked for anything better. :bounce:

Martian KC
May 26th, 2006, 02:41 PM
I extremely hate her draw. I wish Justine and Martina were on opposite sides, but at least they can only meet in the semis.

Hurley
May 26th, 2006, 02:46 PM
I think you're a little too dramatic. Raymond in the first round? Of RG? That's like a bye. Does noone remember Lisa giving up 6-0 5-0 lead to some girl and not winning another game? (Was on clay, not sure if it was RG). Hingis should have no problems there.

Golovin? If she can make the 3rd round there's potential for a good match, but Hingis is hardly in grave danger against someone who hasn't played since Miami due to an injury.

Dementieva in the 4th is actually the best she could have done, outside of drawing Schnyder. There's a chance Elena could be on fire and smoke Marti, but Hingis beat her pretty convincingly in Berlin, and I don't think Elena's a better GS performer than Hingis.

QF: Clijsters. Well, you can't have a cakewalk all the way, can you? Sharapova would have been the ideal QF opponent, but Kim's not the worst. If Marti and Kim make the QF's, it's definately a 50/50 shot. They played a close match at the AO, with Hingis not playing nearly as well as she is now. Ditto for Kim. If they meet it should be a great match, and that's all we can ask for at this point. If Hingis is going to win RG, she's going to have to win these type of matches; might as well get them over with now.

SF: HH/Petrova. I cant see Nadia beating Justine at a GS on clay, but she did in Berlin, so who knows. If Marti beats Elena and Kim, I certainly think she can beat either of these players. I'd rate Hingis over Petrova, but she'd def. be an underdog against Justine.

Wow, a post that is actually, like, knowledgable about tennis. Shock of my life. :o

I am ECSTATIC about Martina's draw. It's perfect for a nice run, and if she can't use this draw to go far, she doesn't deserve to, simple as that.

Double bagel in the first round, a gimp in the third (Tati :sad: ), the EASIEST 5-8 seed in the fourth, and only Sharapova would have been better in the QF...come on, kids. Quarterfinals is hers if she wants it, and then she'll roll with KC again and we'll see what happens.

Man...my fellow Hingis fans are so emo these days and it's starting to piss me off.

Ryan
May 26th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Wow, a post that is actually, like, knowledgable about tennis. Shock of my life. :o

I am ECSTATIC about Martina's draw. It's perfect for a nice run, and if she can't use this draw to go far, she doesn't deserve to, simple as that.

Double bagel in the first round, a gimp in the third (Tati :sad: ), the EASIEST 5-8 seed in the fourth, and only Sharapova would have been better in the QF...come on, kids. Quarterfinals is hers if she wants it, and then she'll roll with KC again and we'll see what happens.

Man...my fellow Hingis fans are so emo these days and it's starting to piss me off.

Word! ;) If Hingis plays WELL, like she has the last few weeks, a QF is hers without too much of a struggle. I think her QF against Kim could be the "big" breakthrough we're all waiting for. Think about it: Since losing such a close match to Mauresmo, Hingis demolished 6 opponents in Rome, and overcame a huge mental hurdle against Venus in the Semis. If she can't be confident coming into RG, she doesn't deserve to win, as Hurley said. Playing Kim on clay is much better than on hardcourt IMO, and she could realistically get her 4th top 10 win of the year, and make the semis.

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 02:59 PM

And some of them are egocentric and retarded I'm thinking I should use the ignore button to save myself all the nonsense.

Carmen Mairena
May 26th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Since when is Lisa a tough match-up on clay? :tape:

Barlos
May 26th, 2006, 03:02 PM
I'm happy :) The nightmare possible draw for a #12 seed would have been Justine in the 4th round and Maursmo/Petrova in the quarters. Take a look at Myskina's draw, now that is AWFUL.

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 03:07 PM

Word! ;) If Hingis plays WELL, like she has the last few weeks, a QF is hers without too much of a struggle. I think her QF against Kim could be the "big" breakthrough we're all waiting for. Think about it: Since losing such a close match to Mauresmo, Hingis demolished 6 opponents in Rome, and overcame a huge mental hurdle against Venus in the Semis. If she can't be confident coming into RG, she doesn't deserve to win, as Hurley said. Playing Kim on clay is much better than on hardcourt IMO, and she could realistically get her 4th top 10 win of the year, and make the semis.

I think you're a little too optimistic and dellusional. You make it seem like Kim can't play on clay, when she just won Warsaw. Not to mention that Clijsters was far from playing her best tennis in Melbourne, and still managed to beat Martina. Martina herself said in Rome after a match (I think the quarters or fourth round) that she's not up there yet to beat Clijsters. There, from her own mouth. And yeah she can beat a red hot Petrova who won 4 titles this year...Umm K.

And I don't see what the big deal is in asking for a better draw, when Venus, Amelie and Nadia all have cakewalks.

SelesFan70
May 26th, 2006, 03:09 PM
I think most champions LOVE the competition. I think it will only make Martina that much more focused. :D

MH0861
May 26th, 2006, 03:10 PM

Not to nitpick, but Lisa Marie came BACK from a 0-6 0-5 deficit in that match you're talking about. :)

xin_hui
May 26th, 2006, 03:13 PM
IAnd Golovin playing in her country in Roland Garros where ppl celebrate every Martina mistake is NOT easy.

can u be less dramatic? :rolleyes: first, raymond on clay. other players (well, most) would LOVE to get this match up

as for your dramatics about golovin: can we see if golovin even makes it to the 3rd round? that girl is injured, hasnt played for weeks, and has a tough 1st round against zheng. who's to say she'll even make it to the 3rd round for the french crowd to go mad

Il Primo!
May 26th, 2006, 03:14 PM
She's got a very good draw,she would reach pretty easily the semies. Kim and LenaD.??No way

Ryan
May 26th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Not to nitpick, but Lisa Marie came BACK from a 0-6 0-5 deficit in that match you're talking about. :)

:eek: Thanks.;)

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 03:18 PM
can u be less dramatic? :rolleyes: first, raymond on clay. other players (well, most) would LOVE to get this match up

as for your dramatics about golovin: can we see if golovin even makes it to the 3rd round? that girl is injured, hasnt played for weeks, and has a tough 1st round against zheng. who's to say she'll even make it to the 3rd round for the french crowd to go mad

Learn to read and stop imagining things.

I never complained once about Lisa being tough as a first round match up. I just mentioned the possible match ups I know of.

Ryan
May 26th, 2006, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE=Ryan]

I think you're a little too optimistic and dellusional. You make it seem like Kim can't play on clay, when she just won Warsaw. Not to mention that Clijsters was far from playing her best tennis in Melbourne, and still managed to beat Martina. Martina herself said in Rome after a match (I think the quarters or fourth round) that she's not up there yet to beat Clijsters. There, from her own mouth. And yeah she can beat a red hot Petrova who won 4 titles this year...Umm K.

And I don't see what the big deal is in asking for a better draw, when Venus, Amelie and Nadia all have cakewalks.

Are you sure you're a Hingis fan? Kim definately can play on clay, but it's hardly a secret that her best surface is Hardcourts. Clijsters stunk up the joint in Melbourne, but so did Hingis. Thats why I said I'm expecting a much better match, from BOTH of them. Give me the quote where Hingis says she cant beat Kim; guaranteed, thats changed after beating Venus and winning the title. Are you saying she CANT beat Petrova? Especially if they play in the semis, where Petrova has never advanced past? :rolleyes: Crawl back in your pessimistic hole, and let the real fans talk.

MH0861
May 26th, 2006, 03:22 PM

I never complained once about Lisa being tough as a first round match up. I just mentioned the possible match ups I know of.

Then why didn't you post her potential second round opponent too? By excluding that, and still posting she has to play Lisa Marie in the first round (as part of the "HARDEST DRAW EVER!!111!!"), you gave everybody the impression you took that as a tough match.

MH0861
May 26th, 2006, 03:25 PM
And for Christ's sake, her draw could've been something like:

1R: Na Li
2R: Zheng
3R: Ivanovic
4R: Henin-Hardenne
QF: Petrova
SF: Clijsters
F: Mauresmo

Soooooo I'd say she got off pretty well!

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=Sagittarius]

Are you sure you're a Hingis fan? Kim definately can play on clay, but it's hardly a secret that her best surface is Hardcourts. Clijsters stunk up the joint in Melbourne, but so did Hingis. Thats why I said I'm expecting a much better match, from BOTH of them. Give me the quote where Hingis says she cant beat Kim; guaranteed, thats changed after beating Venus and winning the title. Are you saying she CANT beat Petrova? Especially if they play in the semis, where Petrova has never advanced past? :rolleyes: Crawl back in your pessimistic hole, and let the real fans talk.

And who the fuck are you to say whether I'm a real fan or not? I'm being realistic and I don't have to hold over the moon expectations to be a real fan. There is a difference between wanting her to lose against those players and expecting her to lose because they are the clear favorites, not her. I'm going by the facts and the performance of the players this year. You're just giving baseless speculations and sorry to say, getting all delusional just because Martina won Rome last week.

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Then why didn't you post her potential second round opponent too? By excluding that, and still posting she has to play Lisa Marie in the first round (as part of the "HARDEST DRAW EVER!!111!!"), you gave everybody the impression you took that as a tough match.

God. I said I posted the possible match ups I KNOW OF. >>>>I KNOW OF<<<<. I till now do not know who she's gonna play in the second round, so I didn't post it. I DEFINITELY did not mean Raymond was a tough first round match.

xin_hui
May 26th, 2006, 03:30 PM

isnt raymond part of hingis' DRAW? :rolleyes: in fact, it's her only definite opponent atm

Randriantastic!
May 26th, 2006, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=Ryan]

And who the fuck are you to say whether I'm a real fan or not? I'm being realistic and I don't have to hold over the moon expectations to be a real fan. There is a difference between wanting her to lose against those players and expecting her to lose because they are the clear favorites, not her. I'm going by the facts and the performance of the players this year. You're just giving baseless speculations and sorry to say, getting all delusional just because Martina won Rome last week.
All those Nads fans thinking she has a chance to win a Slam now that she's won some rinky dink titles here and there - now that's delusional. ;)

MH0861
May 26th, 2006, 03:32 PM
God. I said I posted the possible match ups I KNOW OF. >>>>I KNOW OF<<<<. I till now do not know who she's gonna play in the second round, so I didn't post it. I DEFINITELY did not mean Raymond was a tough first round match.

You don't know who she's gonna play in the third round, the semifinals, or in the second round of Wimbledon 2008 either.

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=Sagittarius]
All those Nads fans thinking she has a chance to win a Slam now that she's won some rinky dink titles here and there - now that's delusional. ;)

LOL well she beat some good players, especially Henin. Henin looked like she was on a roll when she played in Berlin. I'm still surprised Petrova beat her.

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 03:36 PM
You don't know who she's gonna play in the third round, the semifinals, or in the second round of Wimbledon 2008 either.

Umm look up the meaning of >POSSIBLE< match ups. POSSIBLE MATCH UPS. I do not know who she'll possibly play in the second round and I happen to know the ones she could play in the other rounds, so I posted what I know. What is exactly hard to understand?

You guys are calling me dramatic and you're making a bigger deal out of the most trivial things. I'm unhappy with draw just like a lot of Martina fans. I don't see the crime in that.

MH0861
May 26th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Umm look up the meaning of >POSSIBLE< match ups. POSSIBLE MATCH UPS. I do not know who she'll possibly play in the second round and I happen to know the ones she could play in the other rounds, so I posted what I know. What is exactly hard to understand?

You guys are calling me dramatic and you're making a bigger deal out of the most trivial things. I'm unhappy with draw just like a lot of Martina fans. I don't see the crime in that.

You and the other fans need to get over it then! Honestly, until the day the top 8 players in the world are Pin, Koukalova, Panova, Vakulenko, Krasnoroutskaya, Vesnina, King and Craybas, I think you people will be unhappy with ANY draw Martina gets in slams.

xin_hui
May 26th, 2006, 03:44 PM

what draw did u expect?
1st round: pin
2nd: koukalova
3rd: arvidsson
4th: cornet
qtrs: vierin
semis: mattek
final: brandi? :rolleyes:

she is the 12th seed, she got a draw a 12th seed could possibly get.

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 03:46 PM
She can face easier ppl in the top 8 rather than the ones she has in the draw...

I'm repeating myself ten time already. Seriously I don't see what the big deal is with thinking the draw is horrible.

serenafan08
May 26th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Martina's a good competitor; I think she can fight her way through any draw. I mean, this is a brutal lineup for her to deal with, but I think she'll make the most out of it. I think she will get to at least the quarters.

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 03:47 PM
what draw did u expect?
1st round: pin
2nd: koukalova
3rd: arvidsson
4th: cornet
qtrs: vierin
semis: mattek
final: brandi? :rolleyes:

she is the 12th seed, she got a draw a 12th seed could possibly get.

That would have been great. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sam L
May 26th, 2006, 04:02 PM
I don't see how this is a bad draw. She'll reach the semis easily. It's a great thing that Henin and Petrova have drawn each other. Whoever comes through will be tired and Martina can handle them.

I don't know who will come through from the top half, I hope Sharapova.

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 04:03 PM

Me too ;)

Randriantastic!
May 26th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Me too ;)
Oh dear, no no, come on Kuzy. :p

Ryan
May 26th, 2006, 04:07 PM
I don't see how this is a bad draw. She'll reach the semis easily. It's a great thing that Henin and Petrova have drawn each other. Whoever comes through will be tired and Martina can handle them.

I don't think "easily" is the way I'd describe it. :tape: ;) I would love if Sharapova came through too, perfect opportunity for Hingis to get revenge. :devil:

hingis-seles
May 26th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Why is everyone overlooking Zheng? Zheng bothers me more than Kim or Elena.

Randriantastic!
May 26th, 2006, 04:16 PM
I think Zheng, really, is just a scrub when it comes to Martina. Martina has shown clearly this year that, just like back in the day, she can consistently beat down the scrubs, even the supposedly tricky ones, but not the top players.

MH0861
May 26th, 2006, 04:17 PM

Zheng has been in a slump since her title run a few weeks ago.

Ryan
May 26th, 2006, 04:18 PM

Zheng is the exact type of player Hingis crushes, day in, day out. Probably a 6-2 6-2 win for Hingis.

Randriantastic!
May 26th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Zheng is the exact type of player Hingis crushes, day in, day out. Probably a 6-2 6-2 win for Hingis.
Exactly what I meant. Scrub. ;)

Vincent
May 26th, 2006, 04:25 PM
I think this is a normal draw for anyone who is seeded 12. To be honest, I would rather seeing her beating all the great players en route to the championship than her beating average players on her way. In that way, Martina's FO win would become even more memorable and historical.

Experimentee
May 26th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Martina isnt even a top 8 seed. You cant expect her to get a draw as good as the top players :rolleyes:

RJWCapriati
May 26th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Might be tough but Martina has a lot of confidence after her tournament win, she can make it through the draw if she plays hard.

Experimentee
May 26th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Zheng has been in a slump since her title run a few weeks ago.

Not really, shes had a tough loss to Petrova, and 3 set losses to Kremer and Vaidisova. I wouldnt call that a slump.

tennisbuddy12
May 26th, 2006, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't call it a bad draw....I call it ok...she'll whoop raymond's butt

Dave B
May 26th, 2006, 04:45 PM
What sucks about the draw in general is that evey winner of a clay court warm up T2 or higher as well as last years defending champ are all on the bottom half--and thats not even counting everone's favorite WC Lena D. So while Hingis' draw could've been harder, I think any player in the bottom half would love to be on the top half.

SerenaSlam
May 26th, 2006, 05:00 PM
i personally think her draw is pretty decent....i don't see her getting "tired out"....i think she could get to the semis to give us a specacular fight for the finals....but im not sure i can agree with her having a bad draw...good luck to Martina though!

nhissan
May 26th, 2006, 05:01 PM
tough draw for Martina the picture is so funny
http://www.eurosport.com/tennis/roland-garros/2006/sport_sto892714.shtml

I hope she can go deep into the tournament

No.1Hingis
May 26th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Oh! Damn.. no Sharapova.. not Patty.. is tough.. not impossible... COME ON MARTINA!! just do it!! TOUGH DRAW.. BIG AWSOME TITTLE!!

Sagittarius
May 26th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Tough draw for Hingis

Martina Hingis would be well advice to sleep as much as possible before the start of Roland Garros on Sunday. The computer handed recent Rome winner the toughest draw possible with potential clash with Elena Dementieva and Kim Clijsters before having a chance at reaching the semifinals.

Hingis will need all her confidence from winning her first title since coming out of retirement. The 25-year-old opens against Lisa Raymond but could face 2004 Roland Garros runner-up Elena Dementieva in the last 16, with a potential and probable meeting with World number 2 Kim Clijsters.

Meanwhile, World number one Amelie Mauresmo begins her quest for victory on home clay against American Meghann Shaughnessy.

Mauresmo, who captured the Australian Open in January, has never made it past the quarter-finals at Roland Garros but faces a possible match-up against 11th seed Venus Williams if she reaches this year's quarter-finals.

Fifth seed and defending champion Justine Henin-Hardenne plays Estonia's Maret Ani, while fellow Belgian Kim Clijsters encounters Virginie Razzano of France.

Possible Round of 16:

Top half of the draw:

Mauresmo (n1) - Vaidisova (n16)

V. Williams (n11) - Schnyder (n7)

Good outside bets : Jelena Jankovic, Elena Likhovtseva (n18).

Sharapova (n4) - Safina (n14)

Schiavone (n9) - Kuznetsova (n8)

Good outside bets : Benesova, Srebotnik (n24), Smashnova, Zvonareva, Pennetta (n17), Chakvetadze (n27).

Bottom half of the draw:

Henin-Hardenne (n5) - Myskina (n10)

Grnefeld (n13) - Petrova (n3)

Good outside bets: Ivanovic (n19), Kirilenko (n20), Dulko (n32).

Dementieva (n6) - Hingis (n12)

Hantuchova (n15) - Clijsters (n2)

Good outside bets: Kutuzova, Golovin (n23), Zheng, Medina Garrigues (n26).

http://www.eurosport.com/tennis/roland-garros/2006/sport_sto892714.shtml

I'm guessing Eurosport are over-dramatic too? :rolleyes:

Knizzle
May 26th, 2006, 05:10 PM
That's not a horrible draw, it could be much worse for her. Methinks you are overreacting.

lolo21
May 26th, 2006, 07:40 PM
I think Zheng, really, is just a scrub when it comes to Martina. Martina has shown clearly this year that, just like back in the day, she can consistently beat down the scrubs, even the supposedly tricky ones, but not the top players.

oh very interesting :rolleyes:
so for you,Sharapova,Kuzni or Lindsay aren t top players???

Randriantastic!
May 27th, 2006, 12:34 AM
oh very interesting :rolleyes:
so for you,Sharapova,Kuzni or Lindsay aren t top player???
I said consistently. :p She's 3-7 against top tenners this year.

LH2HBH
May 27th, 2006, 12:38 AM
She also took Kim to 3 sets at AUS and that was her 3rd tournament back. Plus I think the clay favours Martina. It will be a tough draw but hey.... stranger things have happened!

Wannabeknowitall
May 27th, 2006, 01:00 AM
What's so horrible about Martina's draw?
We all know how bad Lisa Raymond is on clay. Schruff is no match for her on clay or on any surface. Golovon is a good player when she's on but she's a good reacter. When she has to think on the court it can get a little iffy.
Dementieva could get to the round of 16 but I feel she will likely fall to Peer who is probably the better player on clay.

I don't care what anyone says. Peer's game is very similar to Sandrine Testud's. The serve looks similar, the forehand, the backhand, the volleys, even the movement and hair.
Hingis knows how to play against that type of game. Hingis can make Kim remember why she hates clay.
From there Hingis has to show everyone including herself that she can win this slam.

Martian Stacey
May 27th, 2006, 01:08 AM
She lost to Kuznetsova and Sharapova the last time they played (last 2 times for Sharapova).... and she beat Elena only a couple of weeks ago, so i don't really understand why you think this is a better option :shrug:

PLP
May 27th, 2006, 01:11 AM
What's so horrible about Martina's draw?
We all know how bad Lisa Raymond is on clay. Schruff is no match for her on clay or on any surface. Golovon is a good player when she's on but she's a good reacter. When she has to think on the court it can get a little iffy.
Dementieva could get to the round of 16 but I feel she will likely fall to Peer who is probably the better player on clay.

I don't care what anyone says. Peer's game is very similar to Sandrine Testud's. The serve looks similar, the forehand, the backhand, the volleys, even the movement and hair.
Hingis knows how to play against that type of game. Hingis can make Kim remember why she hates clay.
From there Hingis has to show everyone including herself that she can win this slam.
Great post! Pls fellow Martians...Where's the love? Let's stop all this bickering, K? Marti's draw is pretty tough, could've been worse, could've been better, that's that. I think she will do well @ RG...I still think she has a great shot at the title, Go Hinigs!!!

Mother_Marjorie
May 27th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Oh crap she has Golovin third round as well!!!

Golovin will be lucky to make it out of the first round.

Martian Stacey
May 27th, 2006, 01:16 AM

:haha: yeah i'm sure Amelie and Venus think having to play each other in the QF is a walk in the park :p

And Petrova is the #3 seed... of course she should get a better draw than the #12 seed :rolleyes:

hablo
May 27th, 2006, 01:17 AM
:haha: yeah i'm sure Amelie and Venus think having to play each other in the QF is a walk in the park :p

whatever, apparently all the top seeds would love to play Momo at RG :p

Randriantastic!
May 27th, 2006, 02:26 AM
whatever, apparently all the top seeds would love to play Momo at RG :p
Oh, everyone would love to play Chokalie at RG, home of her choking antics. The lower players are salivating at the possibility of having "defeated Amelie Mauresmo at Roland Garros, to mark her first win over a reigning world no.1" in their little WTA bios. ;)

~~*Elena.D*~~
May 27th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Elena will crush Martina in the 4th round :p

hwanmig
May 27th, 2006, 02:41 PM
I'm sure Martina is not complaining, she'll coast to the semi if she plays as well as she did in Rome. The ones who got horrible draws are Justine and Nadia. They should have been in opposite sides because there the two best claycourters in the world-as of now-.

On a sidenote Justine has earn my award for the best quote in tennis.

when asked how badly she wanted to win Wimbledon - the only Slam crown that eludes her - Henin replied, "I will never sacrifice Roland Garros for Wimbledon. I just have special feeling about Paris."

I never thought Henin was a deep thinker. ;)

jenny161185
May 27th, 2006, 02:46 PM
i think its okay and as we all know upsets occur at the slams all the time so we ll have to wait and see I cant wait to see when it starts though :) the pic of martina is gas!

FrenchY52
May 27th, 2006, 04:00 PM
WTF she has the draw of a top15 seed .

patricio
May 27th, 2006, 04:19 PM
I dont think Martina can win the French seriously

Jamie
May 27th, 2006, 07:52 PM
If Martina, my favorite star plays her game, she can go all the way. I hope she will do it.

spencercarlos
May 27th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Martina's draw is nothing compared to Lena's, saying that tho if lena gets through to the 4th round to play hingis, she will be very match tough and would definatley beat hingis, alot like when she made the final in 04 her first couple of matches were hard but then when she was in the 4th round, it all came together and she beat Davenport and Mauresmo in straights, same could happen her also she would be looking for revenge over martina, and this surface suits lena much better than berlin because its slower so she can chase down more of martina's balls and her serve isint as attackable
Sort of the same thing was said about Venus last week, that she gained confidence with the tough early matches, and if she had beaten Martina in Warsaw barely able to walk in the end then she would trash her in Rome, etc and Martina ended beating her. Anything can happen, it will all depend how the two are when they meet.

Looking at Dementievas draw, i dont see it any tougher than Martinas at all.
Martina gets Lisa a former top 15 player in round one (not a threat on clay thought), second round Shruff who beat Dementieva at the Australian Open in two sets, that can be a tough one too, and a third round meeting with Zheng or Golovin who both have played some good tennis this year.Zheng won a title on clay this year and played it very tough on Nadia in Berlin..
What is tougher Sucha? what has she done this year?. Kutuzova? King? for the second round? what have they done this year? And especially on clay? With Peer being the only threat with two titles already this year but that will be in R3. And Peer too has to battle Pironkova or Sanchez Lorenzo before facing Elena.
Both draws are pretty similar, on papers Martinas draw is a little tougher but i think they will get there.