PDA

View Full Version : Wew! Capriati did not pull Henin in the Qtrs.

Shane54
May 24th, 2002, 04:19 PM
Well the draw is out and I have to say even though Serena is on Jenn's half, at least Henin and Serena will have to battle in the qtrs. I like Jenn's chances better against Dokic. And what a beauty with Seles and Venus in one qtr. Good luck ladies!!!

paigery
May 24th, 2002, 04:44 PM
Hey all, well I am happy with Jen's draw as well. I don't feel that she has it easy like others are saying. You never know what a lower ranked player will pull out. Just because Jen doesn't meet a big time player until the quarters, doesn't mean it will be easy!!! Look at Indian Wells and Charleston as your examples on players outside the top ten kicking butt!!!! Anyways, good luck Jennifer and to everyones fave I hope they do well. :wavey:

Heidi Capriati
May 24th, 2002, 04:50 PM
I agree with paigery :) Indian Wells and Charleston are perfect examples of what the lower ranked players can do!
For me, this looks like it is going to be a good French Open (injury permitting of course ;)) :p

Go Jen! :)

Crazy Canuck
May 24th, 2002, 07:02 PM
I'm happy that Jenn didn't get Henin, but sad thatHenin got Serena :(

Guess I can't have it both ways, huh?

Mercury Rising
May 24th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Dammitt :( ;)
Well, I guess, Justine has to do what she did in Berlin, only in the opposite way.

CanadianBoy21
May 24th, 2002, 07:07 PM
I guess Serena will just have to kick Justines ass, & then serve the 5th straight loss to Jen.

Crazy Canuck
May 24th, 2002, 07:23 PM
*note to self - go into WIlliams cheering thread to see how hypocritical Superhero will act *

Bright Red
May 24th, 2002, 08:27 PM
That's why Serena does so well. Whether she's 8th or 3rd, it doesn't matter. She always has tough draws.

Go Serena!! I know you can do it.

Mercury Rising
May 24th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Go Justine!! I know you can do it!

harloo
May 24th, 2002, 08:39 PM
So jen got the puff cakes again. No suprise to me at all, it's expected. We will all have to see what happens.

Good luck Justine, Kim, Serena, Venus!!! oh and Jen too.;)

Shane54
May 24th, 2002, 08:49 PM
What is "puffcakes"? is that what Cartman eats. Ooops, sorry thinking of cheesypoofs..:p

Shane54
May 24th, 2002, 08:53 PM
Nope but seriously, I would have to say that Kim got a "puffcake" draw....I still like that Seles vs. Venus QF matchup...If Monica is on.....no all sista final :sad:

harloo
May 24th, 2002, 09:06 PM
Shane but if Monica is on and she meets up with Jen, then no Jen in the final.:eek: :sad: ;)

Jen is clear until the semis, now is that not a puffcake or not. Maybe you don't agree but all I say is may the BEST WOMAN WIN!!

Go Serena, Venus, Kim, Justine!! Oh, and jen too!!:kiss:

treufreund
May 24th, 2002, 09:39 PM
Monica cannot meet up with Jen in order to prevent her from being in the finals since they are on opposite sides of the draw.

Williams Rulez
May 25th, 2002, 04:30 AM
Sigh... Jennifer is so naughty... she dumped Justine in Serena's quarter... grrr, that was the person I least wanted tos see in Serena's quarter, but well, Serena did beat Justine the last time, so I'm fine.

And Shane, I agree that Kim has more of a 'puffcake' draw than Jennifer, but Jennifer still has a puffcake draw... ;) :p

Good luck to everyone... Until they play one of my favourites... ;)

Experimentee
May 25th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Out of the top 4 seeds, i'd say Serena and Venus have the toughest QF opponents :rolleyes:

gentenaire
May 25th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Funny thing is that Kim probably doesn't know she has an easy draw. She never checks out a draw beforehand, she just plays match per match and doens't want to know who she might meet in the next round.

per4ever
May 25th, 2002, 08:53 AM
Funny thing is that Hagar posted a picture in which Kim and Justine were both checking the draw..so I don't think you're right Tine ;)

Mercury Rising
May 25th, 2002, 09:03 AM
I hope she won't think it's easy, and I don't think she will.
Never underestimate your opponent, she knows that...

gentenaire
May 25th, 2002, 03:24 PM
I now saw the pic, per4ever, and I don't think it's the draw they're looking at. I'm not even sure the pic was taken at RG.

CanadianBoy21
May 25th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Serena is going to win, who cares who is on her side(except maybe if it was Venus).

TOTAL DOMINATION