PDA

View Full Version : todays report from RG

"Sluggy"
May 25th, 2006, 08:50 PM
FYI all tkts are sold out for the first week. Ive never seen that before, there were always grounds passes for fans arriving the day of the tournament but this year they are all gone. thats right, all gone. there were many more people there this year for a thursdday then last year. many more. but it was also a bank holiday so kids and parents had the day off. lots of good tennis today, hung out with some wtaworld friends and it was great. would have stayed late but had to get home again. saw not too many main draw players, not more than 5 womena and 7-8 men from the main draw. Fabrice came out and saw Dulko and Hantuchova and Paula Suarez (who usually comes pretty early in the week) as well as Bagdatis. Also saw and said hi to Richard but didnt see Venus. i got a chance to tell him how much I appreciated him and his daughters and his contribution to tennis, actually i went over to a friend and we got to shake the mans hand. then he took a photo with a fan and signed an autograph, but still no Venus and I waited and hour. Also Saw Jo Wildried Tsonga and got to ask him if it was he I saw a couple weeks ago in my neighbourhood walking by and it was. all and all a very good day, Virginie Pichet is still on the march to the main draw beating Anne Kremer and Aravane also won pretty easily but my fave A. Dupuis lost.

vogus
May 25th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Roland Garros is by far the hardest tennis tournament in the world to get tickets to.

"Sluggy"
May 26th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Nice day today. had a lot of fun and chilled most of the time with my GF from this forum. lots of fun. I had a photo of patty and Rainer at the beach, with patty on top of him but Rainer wouldnt sign it. got some nice photos of them though, he is a very funny guy, we had a good laugh. so Frencesca, her hair looks nice, hung out a lot and chilled with players. ivanovic was around and Tati too, but tati didnt talk just walked and didnt sign and no photos. But gael hung out for 15 minutes and signed all autographs and i even dared pose for a photo with him. gosh, what a swell person he is. what else? not as crowded today, very cloudy but little or no rain. the big names were absent cept for Justine, i gave my photo of her to someone and she got it signed. James blake and his brother practiced, i had tons of photos of him and he signed them all for kids i gave them too. what else? ice cream was good. one fft guy, or at least a guy with a badge and i bumped elbows. i almost knocked his camera i guess and he he went off on me, but i give a damn who he is or who he thinks he is, i told him i already said excuse me, that if he doesnt like crowds stay home. who the fuck does he think i am? Im not a tough guy but im tough enuf. anyway, i gave him a piece of my mind in my angriest french. so, i got to see Pauline Parmentier, which was nice, Andy Murray for the first time. he was nice and took pics and sgined for everyone, even Daniela signed for me and my GF. i watched Aravane win and qualify and her father was very pleased about it, so was I. who else was there??? marat came by quickly... thats about it

also note Vera Z had ice on left wrist, Justine seemed to be having some physical problem too. So J.W. Tsonga and i asked if he was in my town the other day and he said yes, and i said i saw him and that was funny. When Tipsarevic came out of the ramp i said hi and he shook my hand and he seemed to wonder "who the hell are you" so i told him he didnt know me i was just a guy, a fan. many of my friends zoomed in on him, Tipsi is well appreciated in paris specially after his 5 round win over Hrbaty last year, clearly the coolest match ive ever seen. also so Rebecca and her and lleytons new child. cute kid! ;) yeah and Bagdatis was around a lot but after two auto rejections, when nobody, i mean nobody was around i figured im gonna wait a few years, maybe then he'll succumb.

Justine Fan
May 26th, 2006, 05:55 PM
What physical problems did Justine have? Please elaborate.

Lapin
May 26th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Nice day today. had a lot of fun and chilled most of the time with my GF from this forum.

I reckon I know who that is! :p ;) Thanks for the report - glad you had a good time! :)

msharafan
May 26th, 2006, 06:01 PM
getting worried justine fan, get all your facts before you make any bets! only kiddin, im sure shell be fine probably just a routine thing i mean when is justine ever fully fit, you calm down now think of your aviater and relax! justine won the french open last year when she was injured remember?