WOOHOOOOO Jelena! Well done!

morningglory
May 25th, 2006, 04:57 PM
the slump is officially over! :banana:

Joana
:woohoo:
What a turnaround! :worship:
Jelena's year is starting to look a lot better now. Now it's time to win her first match ever at Roland Garros.

matthias
Jankovic is out of her slump

new-york
cool to see Jelena back at winning after those horrendous losses.

i'm sad for Na, though. i like both of them.

Mark Spruce
May 25th, 2006, 05:00 PM
well done Jelena !!

JackFrost
May 25th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Wow, well done Jelena.
I hoped, that she could win, but I didn´t expected it!
Lovely. Good luck against Vaidisova.

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 05:02 PM
well done Jelena :) :)

Jelena on form is a much better player.

Sorry but that is wrong :rolleyes:

Alec
May 25th, 2006, 05:12 PM
What's wrong with Na?

I think she heard Zheng lost and so she decided to give up and get packed to go to Paris with the national team!

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 05:15 PM
What's wrong with Na?

I think she heard Zheng lost and so she decided to give up and get packed to go to Paris with the national team!

I think you are right :tape: :D

purplerain
May 25th, 2006, 05:15 PM
:'(

Ty-Ty
May 25th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Jelena was the better player than Na today. End of story.

Congrats Jela. Good to be getting some decent results. Good luck in the semis.

cellophane
May 25th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Jelena :yeah:

¤CharlDa¤
Jelena :bounce: Nice to see you back!

RJWCapriati
Jelena is turning her year around now!

maxomax
Jelena :D You are back on track! Good luck in RG :bounce:

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Sorry but that is wrong :rolleyes:

Is your sole purpose in life to discredit other people's achievements? Jelena Jankovic beat Na Li, she is a better player than her.

Get over it. :rolleyes:

New
May 25th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Li Na...:sad:

Joana
May 25th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Jelena Jankovic beat Na Li, she is a better player than her.

No, Na Li is a superhuman uberplayer who only loses when she tanks because a fellow Chinese player has lost. :retard:

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Is your sole purpose in life to discredit other people's achievements? Jelena Jankovic beat Na Li, she is a better player than her.

Did you read the statement I was discrediting?
It was "at their best, Jankovic is much better than Na Li"

not TODAY :fiery:

Na leads Jankovic 2-1 in H2H

LefandePatty
May 25th, 2006, 05:23 PM
:woohoo: :banana: :rocker:

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 05:24 PM

not TODAY :fiery:

It just seems that you have a habit of doing this. Everyone knows you do it towards Nadia. :tape:

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 05:24 PM
No, Na Li is a superhuman uberplayer who only loses when she tanks because a fellow Chinese player has lost. :retard:

She tanked the Estoril final because they had a plane to catch
I firmly believe that the Chinese team had a plane / train reservation for later tonight ... Now that Jie lost, they intend to use that reservation (because Jie is their favorite daughter) and they told Na to tank the match so they wouldn't have to deal with canceling tickets

You don't know anything about how sports work in countries such as China so shut up

Drimal
May 25th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Great run Jelena! :bowdown: :bigclap: :yeah:

Win that bloody tournament!:crazy:

Freakan
May 25th, 2006, 05:26 PM
awesome :banana: :woohoo:

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 05:26 PM
I firmly believe that the Chinese team had a plane / train reservation for later tonight ... Now that Jie lost, they intend to use that reservation (because Jie is their favorite daughter) and they told Na to tank the match so they wouldn't have to deal with canceling tickets

You don't know anything about how sports work in countries such as China so shut up

Did you ever think that Na could have gotten on another flight? :eek: :rolleyes:

Na's not the best player in the world. Even if all of that is true, how can you support a player who loses matches on purpose? She doesn't do that, and people like you give her a bad reputation in saying she does.

smiler
May 25th, 2006, 05:27 PM
:)

Joana
May 25th, 2006, 05:28 PM

Yes, I can already see it: she led 5-3 and then someone from the stands shouted: "Hey Na, Jie has lost so we go home!" and then she decided to tank.

But wait, if they had a plane ticket for tonight, that means that Zheng tanked too? :scratch:

cometz9
May 25th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Jelena :woohoo: :banana: i'm so happy for her, great results in the past few tournaments i hope she can go deep at the French.
Na :bigcry: What happend after u lead 5-3? oh well, get some rest and be strong for Paris.

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Yes, I can already see it: she led 5-3 and then someone from the stands shouted: "Hey Na, Jie has lost so we go home!" and then she decided to tank.

But wait, if they had a plane ticket for tonight, that means that Zheng tanked too? :scratch:

No if Jie had won, they would have canceled the reservation because the CTA loves Jie :rolleyes: :o and most of the CTA entourage revolves around Jie

Meteor Shower
May 25th, 2006, 05:32 PM
LOL. yeah right, she was up 5-3 and then remembered she had to tank in order to catch a plane. You know whats worse? that you actually believe that, and you support a player who tanks matches for no real reason.

Ty-Ty
May 25th, 2006, 05:36 PM
No if Jie had won, they would have canceled the reservation because the CTA loves Jie :rolleyes: :o and most of the CTA entourage revolves around Jie

:lol:

Na lost. Jelena won. There is no conspiracy involving the CTA. Get over it. :wavey:

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 05:39 PM

Na lost. Jelena won. There is no conspiracy involving the CTA. Get over it. :wavey:

READ THIS ARTICLE from ESTORIL :rolleyes:
http://66.232.148.140/blogs/tennisworld/entry.asp?ENTRY_ID=901

clearly the Chinese let plane reservations factor into outcomes of matches :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

at Strasbourg, the Chinese are all out of doubles
Peng is not on the national team so ignore her
Jie and Na are in the QF but the Chinese likely had plane reservations from Strasbourg to Paris for tonight

Jie loses
CTA head coach decides that it is better to go to Paris instead of leaving Na here with coaches ... therefore no canceling plane reservations

explains the tank

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Didn't Jie lose before Na started her match? Why would No go up 5-3, then decide to tank if someone told her that Jie lost before she even started playing? You really should stop before you make yourself look even more retarded.

:retard:

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Didn't Jie lose before Na started her match? Why would No go up 5-3, then decide to tank if someone told her that Jie lost before she even started playing? You really should stop before you make yourself look even more retarded.

:retard:

No
They played on different courts :o
Jie match was not over when Na started playing

You are the one that should check your facts

please read this article and you will understand

http://66.232.148.140/blogs/tennisworld/entry.asp?ENTRY_ID=901

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Even if Jie left, Na could've stayed with her coach and flown to Paris after her tournament was over, not Jie's? If she quit on purpose, then I have lost a lot of respect for her. I'm sure a lot of other people have too.

Pengwin
May 25th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Well Jelena took Venus to 3 sets last week and is clearly in top form going into RG...

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Even if Jie left, Na could've stayed with her coach and flown to Paris after her tournament was over, not Jie's? If she quit on purpose, then I have lost a lot of respect for her. I'm sure a lot of other people have too.

You shouldn't lose respect for Na because it is not her CHOICE
She is controled by the CTA

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 05:46 PM

It's her choice on whether she wants to stay in a tournament or not. She could have won the match and kept on going in the tournament. What was stopping her from doing that? She has her own coach.

Joana
May 25th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Why on earth would they make reservations for today when they had 2 players in the semis?
And Na is incredibly stupid if she allows to be manipulated like that.

But that's all irrelevant: the point is, Jelena is in the semis and Na is at the hotel packing (and catching a flight to Paris). :D

tterb
May 25th, 2006, 05:48 PM

not TODAY

He's right on this point. Beating someone once doesn't necessarily make you the better player overall (Jidkova over Serena Williams, anyone?), just on that day. However, I can't say I've seen enough of either player to know who's honestly better at their best, so I won't try to argue that point. From what I have seen, I'd think at their respective bests it'd be a good, top 20-level matchup, though.

As far as the tanking claims... I doubt that very much, but I'll leave that catfight alone.

Anyway, only winning 2 games after going up 4-1 in the first set is :eek:. I hope Na is healthy and just had one of those days. Get it together for RG, Na! :) And congrats to Jankovic... that slump was nasty, and I hope this is a sign she's snapping out of it!

JackFrost
May 25th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Is pierce0415 real or is this just an fun nick? :o What´s his problem?

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Why on earth would they make reservations for today when they had 2 players in the semis?
And Na is incredibly stupid if she allows to be manipulated like that.

But that's all irrelevant: the point is, Jelena is in the semis and Na is at the hotel packing (and catching a flight to Paris). :D

Catching a flight to Paris with Jie Zheng, you mean. ;)

pla
May 25th, 2006, 05:52 PM
OMG Jelena, can I dare hope the slump is over? :scared:

The last two weeks are just superb :yeah:

Dexter
May 25th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Awesome Jelena :speakles: :banana:
now take this title!!!! :banana: :banana:

pierce0415 ==> overpathetic :o :rolleyes: :retard:

Ty-Ty
May 25th, 2006, 05:57 PM

Your article said the chair umpire was 100% sure it was leg cramps that had to do with her retiring at Estoril. I hate Peter Bodo anyway and find all his work meaningless and a waste of my time. I trust NOTHING he says.

Quit making excuses for Na. She lost. It wasn't her day. Weither the CTA had anything to do with it (Which I'm sure they didn't, because all this is extremely unlogical.) or not, she lost. Tank = Her fault. She lost. Quit acting like your 100% sure it was the CTA who did this.

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 05:58 PM
well done Jelena :) :)

Jelena on form is a much better player.

Sveta called Na "top 5 player" after escaping with a win during Beijing 2004 after saving MP. Has anyone ever called Jelena a top 5 player? Has Jelena ever come close to beating a top 5 player? :wavey:

:inlove:
May 25th, 2006, 05:58 PM

Hey, you took that from Davenport. :lol: :ras: :p

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Your article said the chair umpire was 100% sure it was leg cramps that had to do with her retiring at Estoril. I hate Peter Bodo anyway and find all his work meaningless and a waste of my time. I trust NOTHING he says.

Quit making excuses for Na. She lost. It wasn't her day. Weither the CTA had anything to do with it (Which I'm sure they didn't, because all this is extremely unlogical.) or not, she lost. Tank = Her fault. She lost. Quit acting like your 100% sure it was the CTA who did this.

The article is not written by Peter Bodo :rolleyes: but by a Portugese reporter ... You obviously cannot read :tape:

I did not say I am 100% sure Na tanked. More like 75%

vogus
May 25th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Did you ever think that Na could have gotten on another flight? :eek: :rolleyes:

Na's not the best player in the world. Even if all of that is true, how can you support a player who loses matches on purpose? She doesn't do that, and people like you give her a bad reputation in saying she does.

really though, his explanation that Zheng is the favorite over Na inside the CTA is plausible. Do you know how corrupt and crazy things are in China? It's possible, even likely, that such a mentality is also prevalent in the CTA.

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 06:01 PM
really though, his explanation that Zheng is the favorite over Na inside the CTA is plausible. Do you know how corrupt and crazy things are in China? It's possible, even likely, that such a mentality is also prevalent in the CTA.

thank you :worship: finally someone who is open to ideas

I have met the girls and their coaches personally during the USO and so I should know :wavey:

Ty-Ty
May 25th, 2006, 06:03 PM
The article is not written by Peter Bodo :rolleyes: but by a Portugese reporter ... You obviously cannot read :tape:

I did not say I am 100% sure Na tanked. More like 75%

Whatever. I saw his name. I'm sleep deprived and sick. :o

And you sure sound like you're 100% sure. But what you say doesn't matter. Forget it. Think what you will.

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Sveta called Na "top 5 player" after escaping with a win during Beijing 2004 after saving MP. Has anyone ever called Jelena a top 5 player? Has Jelena ever come close to beating a top 5 player? :wavey:

Let's see. She beat Serena in Dubai last year, and took Davenport to three sets in the final. That's a yes.

TheBoiledEgg
May 25th, 2006, 06:04 PM

thats what everyone says when they lose or had a lucky escape :p

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 06:05 PM

I have met the girls and their coaches personally during the USO and so I should know :wavey:

Vogus is the one person in this thread who agrees with you. You really need to stop defending Na because you are giving her, not to mention yourself, a bad name.

Ty-Ty

Yes.

Jelena bagelled Serena. Injured or not.

And she was games away from beating the world Number 1 in the final of Dubai.

She also almost beat Justine, on clay.

And took Sharapova to three, on grass.

I could go on ...

:wavey:

pierce0415
It's her choice on whether she wants to stay in a tournament or not. She could have won the match and kept on going in the tournament. What was stopping her from doing that? She has her own coach.

Her coach's salary is paid for by the CTA :rolleyes:
If she refuses to do what CTA says, they will pull the plug on her coach :sad:

vogus

my impression of Na is that she can't speak much English, and is very vulnerable to being controlled by the CTA. Peng is the independent one, the maverick, but as a rule the Chinese girls are rather submissive to their CTA minders and reluctant to buck the system.

daniela86
May 25th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Yes, she pushed Mauresmo (Linz SF),Davenport(Dubai Final),Sharapova (twice) to 3 sets and beat Petrova,Dementieva and Serena Williams.

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 06:06 PM

Has Na ever beaten a Top 5 player?

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Her coach's salary is paid for by the CTA :rolleyes:
If she refuses to do what CTA says, they will pull the plug on her coach :sad:

Then she needs to travel independently.

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Let's see. She beat Serena in Dubai last year, and took Davenport to three sets in the final. That's a yes.

Serena retired and was obviously injured :rolleyes:
She took Linds to 3 but was never close to winning

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Vogus is the one person in this thread who agrees with you. You really need to stop defending Na because you are giving her, not to mention yourself, a bad name.

read the beginning
Alec was the first person that suggested Na tanked to catch a flight

NOT ME

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 06:09 PM

Read all the other posts about who she's beaten. Respond to their posts, I'd like to see what you come up with this time.

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Yes.

Jelena bagelled Serena. Injured or not.

And she was games away from beating the world Number 1 in the final of Dubai.

She also almost beat Justine, on clay.

And took Sharapova to three, on grass.

I could go on ...

:wavey:

when did she beat Justine on clay :confused:

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Then she needs to travel independently.

she can't :sad:
no money :sad:

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 06:11 PM

Family Circle Cup 2004. R64. The poster didn't say she beat her, but she almost did.

Justine Henin-Hardenne d. (10) Jelena Jankovic 5-7, 6-4, 6-3

Ty-Ty
May 25th, 2006, 06:11 PM

I said almost.

And it was Charleston, last year.

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 06:12 PM
she can't :sad:
no money :sad:

Why doesn't she have any money? Because the CTA takes it from her? So she should split from the CTA. Duh.

Joana
May 25th, 2006, 06:12 PM

It was 4-4 in the 3rd and she had BPs to go 5-4 up. So yeah, that's pretty close to winning.

And I don't get why you think it's better that she tanked... It's actually way worse.

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Why doesn't she have any money? Because the CTA takes it from her? So she should split from the CTA. Duh.

Do you think it that easy to split with the CTA ??? :rolleyes:
The only time Na split from the CTA, she "retired" and was off the tour for 2 years

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Do you think it that easy to split with the CTA ??? :rolleyes:
The only time Na split from the CTA, she "retired" and was off the tour for 2 years

Peng seems to have done a nice job of it.

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 06:14 PM
It was 4-4 in the 3rd and she had BPs to go 5-4 up. So yeah, that's pretty close to winning.

And I don't get why you think it's better that she tanked... It's actually way worse.

I agree
It is FAR WORSE
I am tired of Na's matches being determined by the CTA :sad:

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Peng seems to have done a nice job of it.

PPP stands for Peng right?
You out of all people should know Peng had special MONEY $$$$ from Tianjin province (one of the richest provinces in China). Peng used the $$$$ to live in the USA and train at International Tennis Acadamy in Delray Beach, Florida

Na is not from Tianjin so she has no source of funding

dli
May 25th, 2006, 06:15 PM

i don't think you are right
li ting is already at paris

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 06:17 PM
PPP stands for Peng right?
You out of all people should know Peng had special MONEY $$$$ from Tianjin province (one of the richest provinces in China). Peng used the $$$$ to live in the USA and train at International Tennis Acadamy in Delray Beach, Florida

Na is not from Tianjin so she has no source of funding

Yes, the third P in my name stands for Peng. Doesn't Na have any sponsors that can give her money?

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Yes, she pushed Mauresmo (Linz SF),Davenport(Dubai Final),Sharapova (twice) to 3 sets and beat Petrova,Dementieva and Serena Williams.

OK well the two girls are pretty even

When Jankovic beat Dementieva, Dementieva was ranked #8. Li beat #9 Schnyder in Rome. These are the best career wins.

Jankovic also beat an injured Serena. Jankovic pushed Sharapova to 3s and Lindsay to 3s. Li pushed Schnyder to 3s last year (tiebreak in 3s) and Kuznetsova to 3s in Beijing (tiebrak in 3s).

TheBoiledEgg
Peng walked out

maybe Na and the other chinese girls should read this

Profile - Natalia Zvereva, The Russian Rebel
(Tennis Magazine, August 1990)

Do you want what I want?
Desire not a thing.
I hunger after independence,
Lengthen freedom's ring
-From Metallica's song "Eye of the Beholder"

Natalia Zvereva, soft-spoken and conservatively coifed, seems a most unlikely zealot of heavy metal music. In the music's angry frenetic strains, though, this Russian tennis star hears far more than mere cacophony.

"I think when I am listening to Metallica, it gives me an energy," she says of a favorite group. "When I'm listening to it, sometimes I put my finger on the Walkman, and imagine some energy wave or shock wave goes through my body, to my soul, to my brain. Sometimes, when I have a bad spirit, when I'm feeling lonely, I listen to it." Sometimes when you're a 19-year-old girl standing up to the Soviet Union, that's all you can do.

"Natalia is a pioneer in our country, for the tennis players and for the other athletes," says Soviet national tennis coach Olga Morozova. "She was the first one who did it." What Zvereva did was give the communists who govern Soviet sports a course in capitalism. Incentive-based wages. Play for pay. It was not a course those graying, dark-suited bureaucrats wanted to take.

Eighteen months later, Soviet players no longer must send all their winnings home to Mother Russia. Zvereva herself owns a red Mercedes, a wallet fat with credit cards and enough rubles to send your average Russian reeling. But her ranking, which plunged from No. 8 to No. 27 during those months of official threats and fist-pounding negotiations, has not recovered fully. Nor has her spirit. Being a hero is hard.

To outsiders it appeared that Zvereva launched her individual revolution in April 1989, at the Family Circle Magazine Cup in South Carolina. There, during the post-final award ceremony, she made an impromptu protest on national TV. "This $24,000," she said, raising her runner-up check overhead, "it's not money, just a paper." But watching from the stands, her father Marat Zverev, knew the fought had begun years before. "I've always had a rough, primitive sense of what's fair and unfair," says Marat, a kindly 58-year-old whose eyes always seem to smile.

Up flew his internal red flag when in 1986 Zvereva won her first paychecks on the pro circuit - and Soviet officials snatched them away sooner than the ink of her endorsement signature could dry. But, as Marat knew, the Soviet tennis federation had supplied Zvereva with equipment, court time, coaching and travel expenses and a stipend that ranged, as she became increasingly successful, from about $300 to $900 a week. what's more, Marat says, "I didn't know what could be done about it, what the rules and the law were."

Marat was no stranger to rules, however, nor to breaking them. as a boy in the Stalin era, he was rebellious and uncontrollable. During the four years he lived at an army school while World War II was raging (his father died in the fighting), he would disappear for three or four months at a time, until the director finally booted him at age 15. A few years later, the Kiev institute for Physical Education expelled him, too. Marat finally graduated from a similar institute in Minsk, the capital of Belorussia, and settled into a junior tennis coaching position at the Central Red Army Club. At age 8, Zvereva began tagging along to his workouts, but only after Marat won several arguments with his wife, Nina, a former volleyball player who didn't want her daughter's life centered around sport.

Marat passed onto Zvereva the craftiness that had kept him among the top 15 Soviet players in the early 1960s. "His style was quite different than the others," says Yuri Aivazian, a Soviet sports official. "More slices, more placement, like her. I saw her in a tournament when she was 12, and I was impressed that she played a smart game. Not just hitting the ball like the others."

It was a good time to be an official-impressing 12-year-old. Tennis, about to become an Olympic sport, had been placed on the priority list of Goskomsport, the national sports bureaucracy. Money was put into training jjuniors with promise, and the best were sent onto the pro tour. By the end of 1987 the world's No. 19 was Natalia Zvereva, a spunky 16-year-old whose droll brand of humor made her a press conference favorite. During one laugh-in, a reporter asked what she planned to do with her prize money. "Why?" parried Zvereva. "Do you want a loan?"

At the 1988 French Open Zvereva beat Martina Navratilova on her way to the final. "Not my idea of glasnost," huffed Navratilova, and Marat seconded the notation when Soviet officials took nearly all of his daughter's $123,000 runner-up check. By this time, Zvereva had donated more than $500,000 to the federation's coffers. "She won such a big sum of money, and it wasn't fair," Marat says. "That's when I went back and raised my voice. I got a very hard response. It was the first time I realized what a totalitarian government meant."

Still, he sensed a softening in some of the bureaucrats, and as glasnost, perestroika and Zvereva's success continued on their timely convergence, the two began testing the system. Zvereva - along with Andrei Chesnokov, the Soviet Union's top male player - made tentative complaints to the press, cumulating in her paperwaving protest at the Family Circle Cup. But it was five days later, at the Amelia Island tournament, that Zvereva checkmated the Soviet Union. There she called a press conference to announce that she'd signed a contract with the management agency ProServ - a move designed to seize control of her prize money.

"The officials and the national sports committee were shocked," says Aivazian, for Zvereva had defied a Soviet law barring athletes from signing their own management contracts. No longer a voiceless name covered by the contract between the Soviet Tennis Federation and another company, International Management Group (IMG), Zvereva now could call her own shots. "IMG had singed a contract to represent the federation; ProServ signed a contract to represent Natalia," says Sara Fornaciari, Zvereva's ProServ agent.

ProServ than fanned the publicity flames to protect Zvereva, who in less than two weeks would return to the Soviet Union and an uncertain fate. "I hope it will all be over soon," an exhausted Zvereva said in one of several TV appearances. The media eagerly told Zvereva's tale, delighted by this comely capitalist who claimed she couldn't wait to buy a red Mercedes.

That line was not playing well in Red Square. She was crucified in the Soviet press for being selfish and greedy. But for Zvereva, it was simple self-interest. "In Russia, when you stop playing tennis there is nothing for you in the future. Nothing. Here in the U.S., you can go do whatever, especially when you have the name like Chris [Evert]. She's welcome to do broadcasting, exhibitions, everything. In the future for me, there is nothing."

When father and daughter finally returned to the Soviet Union, officials detained them and pressured Zvereva to renounce the ProServ contract. Zvereva was also told to endorse her most recent prize money checks, totaling $12,950. "I just didn't sign them," she says. "I don't know what happened to those checks."

The Soviet officials soon realized they could only quash Zvereva's capitalist coup by keeping her within the country, they only place their laws applied. Such a move, though, would not lend itself to the good game of glasnost. Thus began months of endless meetings among Marat, ProServ and the Soviet sports officials to negotiate the percentage of prize money Zvereva would keep and the percentage she would give to the tennis federation in the form of a tax.

As tournaments approached, the government frequently used its control over Zvereva's passport as an intimidation tactic. "They always tried to propose something just before she was leaving," says Severine Chinsky, part of the ProServ negotiation team. "There was always this threat that she wouldn't be able to leave."

Actually, Zvereva never was barred from competing, but during the remainder of 1989 she became a master of the tank. That is, she purposely stank, losing in the first or second round of six out of 10 tournaments. "In the U.S., if a person isn't paid for his work as he deserves, he won't work," she says. "If I'm not getting paid, I'm not going to work. No way."

While the prize money percentage was resolved in October (she kept approximately 65 per cent of her 1989 earnings), the trauma dragged into the spring of 1990 as Marat and ProServ began lobbying for a complete break from the tennis federation. This would give Zvereva, rather than the federation, the last word on her tournament schedule, endorsements, exhibitions and means of travel.

"It's really hard," said Zvereva in February, weary from living in an uneasy limbo. "I think nobody from the American players has this problem, this kind of pressure. I just want to be like them."

During those months, Zvereva shrouded herself from reporters with sullen evasiveness. Says Bud Collins, who had held the microphone during Zvereva's $24,000 protest at the Family Circle Cup: "I've never been able to have a decent conversation about it with her since. I asked her about it months later, nobody was around - she burst into tears." "She's had to harden herself because of all the pressure," explains ProServ's Betsy Brown, who works closely with Zvereva. "And it was tremendous, from both the government and the press."

Days before she was scheduled to leave for a tournament in February, Goskomsport officials met with Marat and Zvereva for one last shot at keeping her within the federation. They threatened she would be dropped from the Olympic and Federation Cup teams. "Marat said, 'No way,' recalls ProServ's Chinsky. "Natalia didn't say a word."

Back in Minsk for a month preceding the French Open, Zvereva and her father lived in an unfamiliar tranquility. They were not summoned to Moscow for a meeting. They were not told that Zvereva might be kept home from Paris. Says Brown: "When [the sports officials] stop fighting, it generally means we've won."

Now existing in a separate peace from the Soviet tennis federation, Zvereva and Marat pay and play their own way on the pro tour. "They can still come up with something new against us," Marat says. "I'm waiting for something to happen. Not something in particular, but I try to be ready.

Meanwhile, Zvereva's public displays of dejection bespeak the wounds rendered during her revolution for one. While her play has nearly recovered - two tournament wins in 1990 boosted her to No. 12 - she reveals only a shade of the spirit that once lent star quality to Soviet tennis.

At this year's Family Circle Cup in April, where the fight had gone public one year earlier, Zvereva sullenly deflected questions about her prize money situation. Later that week though, she talked to Tennis about her longest year. Asked if she'd been frightened to return to the Soviet Union after signing the ProServ contract, Zvereva paused, then laughed self-consciously. "Don't choke me up," she said, wiping teary eyes. "It's been a long time, and I kind of forgot about those bad things."

When you're battle-weary at age 19, sometimes that's all you can do.

Pengwin
A 10 minute flight from Strasbourg to Paris can't be that expensive...

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 06:21 PM
i don't think you are right
li ting is already at paris

Yes Li Ting went to Paris early this week to compete in Qualifying Singles
The rest of the Chinese (Yan, Sun, Zheng and Li) are still in Strasbourg

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/photogallery/strasbourg/f_17a.jpg

Sun lost in singles qualifying and lost 1R doubles with Nakamura
Yan lost in singles main draw

so they no longer have free hotel rooms from Strasbourg tournament and are staying in Strasbourg at CTA's expense ($$$$$$$$$)

this may be worthwhile for CTA on the eve of a GS if they had 2 players still in singles, but if Jie lost and they only have 1, it does not make sense for FOUR PLAYERS and 4-5 COACHES to all stay in Strasbourg

Derek.
May 25th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Jelena! :D :bigclap: Great job coming back from 3-5! :worship:

Good luck in the next round! :yeah:

Pengwin
May 25th, 2006, 06:22 PM

so they no longer have free hotel rooms from Strasbourg tournament and are staying in Strasbourg at CTA's expense ($$$$$$$$$)

this may be worthwhile for CTA on the eve of a GS if they had 2 players still in singles, but if Jie lost and they only have 1, it does not make sense for FOUR PLAYERS and 4-5 COACHES to all stay in Strasbourg

Can't they all go and Li Na stay?

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Can't they all go and Li Na stay?

That's what I said. He never gave me an answer.

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 06:24 PM
A 10 minute flight from Strasbourg to Paris can't be that expensive...

put yourself in the position of the Chinese

you have 4 players still in Strasbourg and 4-5 coaches
only 1 player is still remaining
the coaches / players do not speak English that well they are all in a foreign country in Europe so they are more comfortable traveling in a pack

the logical thing is to order the player to tank a Tier III and take all 10 people together to Paris and prepare for a Grand Slam

xXSarajevoXx
May 25th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Bravo JeLeNa! She´s back.. I am so happy for her

AJMO!!! :bounce: :bounce:

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Tanking a match is not logical, you moron.

Ty-Ty

When Jankovic beat Dementieva, Dementieva was ranked #8. Li beat #9 Schnyder in Rome. These are the best career wins.

Jankovic also beat an injured Serena. Jankovic pushed Sharapova to 3s and Lindsay to 3s. Li pushed Schnyder to 3s last year (tiebreak in 3s) and Kuznetsova to 3s in Beijing (tiebrak in 3s).

Um, Jelena has beaten Schynder, very convincingly, actually. 6-2, 6-2. And Lindsay and Maria have both been ranked No. 1 in the last year, while Kuzzy and Schnyder been clinging to back of the top ten. So not your greatest argument.

alfonsojose
Na :rolleyes:

pierce0415
That's what I said. He never gave me an answer.

it is possible but they like to travel together with their limited English skills. Not worth making logistical problems for themselves

Pengwin
May 25th, 2006, 06:26 PM
it is possible but they like to travel together with their limited English skills. Not worth making logistical problems for themselves

Li Na's English is good:

http://www.fedcup.com/news/newsaudio.asp?id=10855

iPatty

Who is she gunna have to talk to? Her coach is Swedish, I'm sure he knows English. How else would he and Na communicate?

tterb
Sveta called Na "top 5 player" after escaping with a win during Beijing 2004 after saving MP. Has anyone ever called Jelena a top 5 player? Has Jelena ever come close to beating a top 5 player?
*sigh* I don't personally think Jankovic is a top 5 player, but must you discredit her? I'm not even really a fan of Jelena's, but since you asked:

In 2004, Jelena beat Dementieva at the AO, beat Petrova twice and Zvonareva once (both top 10 at the time, I believe), and she also took Sharapova, Mauresmo (SF of Linz), and Serena to three sets.

In 2005, Jelena took Davenport to three sets (F of Dubai), took Justine to three sets in Charleston (on clay!), took Sharapova to three sets in the F of Birmingham (on grass!), and had that nail-biting three-setter against Myskina at Wimbledon 3R.

So even though she had inconsistent results even when she was ranked in the top 20, I don't think you should question her talent or ability to compete with top players.

Anyway... I'm a fan of Na, and I actually believe Zheng probably is favored by the CTA. I hope Na didn't tank, and it still seems illogical that she would... but regardless, the fact is that Jelena is good enough to beat Na, especially if Na went into one of her error-fests that she sometimes has.

EDIT: Of course, I think that given time, Na will also have some impressive results to her name (Jelena's had more years on tour). But for now, Jelena's got her beat results-wise (though I still think talent level's pretty similar).

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Um, Jelena has beaten Schynder, very convincingly, actually. 6-2, 6-2. And Lindsay and Maria have both been ranked No. 1 in the last year, while Kuzzy and Schnyder been clinging to back of the top ten. So not your greatest argument.

Kuzzy was ranked #4 and was coming off a USO WIN and BALI WIN :rolleyes: (11 match winning streak)

Pengwin
May 25th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Kuzzy was ranked #4 and was coming off a USO WIN and BALI WIN :rolleyes: (11 match winning streak)

And she beat Sharapova 6-1 6-1 in the next round

JackFrost
May 25th, 2006, 06:28 PM

So why can´t you give Jankovic then some credit for winning this match?

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 06:29 PM
*sigh* I don't personally think Jankovic is a top 5 player, but must you discredit her? I'm not even really a fan of Jelena's, but since you asked:

In 2004, Jelena beat Dementieva at the AO, beat Petrova twice and Zvonareva once (both top 10 at the time, I believe), and she also took Sharapova, Mauresmo (SF of Linz), and Serena to three sets.

In 2005, Jelena took Davenport to three sets (F of Dubai), took Justine to three sets in Charleston (on clay!), took Sharapova to three sets in the F of Birmingham (on grass!), and had that nail-biting three-setter against Myskina at Wimbledon 3R.

So even though she had inconsistent results even when she was ranked in the top 20, I don't think you should question her talent or ability to compete with top players.

Anyway... I'm a fan of Na, and I actually believe Zheng probably is favored by the CTA. I hope Na didn't tank, and it still seems illogical that she would... but regardless, the fact is that Jelena is good enough to beat Na, especially if Na went into one of her error-fests that she sometimes has.

you are right but Petrova and Zvonareva were not in top 10 when Jelena beat them

if we are going to talk about Top 20 wins, we have to include Na's 2 wins over Jankovic and her win over Hantuchova

there is probably not much separating these 2 but I disagree with The Boiled Egg when he said Jelena is "much better" than Na

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 06:30 PM
So why can´t you give Jankovic then some credit for winning this match?

yes Jankovic deserves a little credit but I am very adament behind the theory that Na tanked it at the request of the CTA :sad:

iPatty
May 25th, 2006, 06:31 PM
You still believe that? :eek:

I'm done. You're too stupid and crazy to be reasoned with.

mauresmofan
May 25th, 2006, 06:33 PM

Don't know about the Serena match but if you saw the Lindsay match it was Lindsays worst nightmare. She hates playing players that scramble and get everything back ala Sanchez Vicario and she was very close to cracking. One point in particular in the 3rd set where Jankovic was scrambling everything back and Lindsay eventually won the point and just shook her head. I have to say I think Jankovic has greater potential than Na Li - true she has been in one hell of a slump but she has finally come out of it and is playing like her old self again - long may it last. If someone like Sharapova draws her early we could be saying goodbye to the no.4 seed.

Sash1
May 25th, 2006, 06:34 PM
well done to jelena, fantastic 2 weeks!! :)

Ty-Ty
May 25th, 2006, 06:35 PM

That's great. Sharapova hadn't lost a match since 2003 on grass and was on 16 match winning streak. AND she was number 2. :rolleyes:

And go look at both of their accomplishments, so I don't have to sit here and explain them. Jelena has had the better carrer.

dli
May 25th, 2006, 06:38 PM

unbelievable
how could you imagine Na tanks becasue they can not stay in one room for 4 players?

if it was true that the CTA doesn't want to pay for the players without matches, yanzi and suntiantian can go to paris to share with li ting and zheng jie and li na stay here for one room

dli
May 25th, 2006, 06:41 PM

i don't think so?
do you know that yan zi travelled around in the tournament last summer herself.
do you hear the greetings by yan zi and zheng jie in this year's AO when they caught the doubles title.

Their english is much better than you thought

Ellery
May 25th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Um, I think I'll delete this thread :tape:

dli
May 25th, 2006, 06:43 PM
put yourself in the position of the Chinese

you have 4 players still in Strasbourg and 4-5 coaches
only 1 player is still remaining
the coaches / players do not speak English that well they are all in a foreign country in Europe so they are more comfortable traveling in a pack

the logical thing is to order the player to tank a Tier III and take all 10 people together to Paris and prepare for a Grand Slam

then who is with li ting?
then why not share some people with li ting at paris.
the head coach Jiang hongwei is speaking english very well, which is one of his advantages to be the head coach

Pengwin
May 25th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Um, I think I'll delete this thread :tape:

No don't, it's hilarious :rolls:

AND u'll lose vCash :ras:

Derek.
May 25th, 2006, 06:50 PM
It would be really dumb for Na Li to tank a match when she is leading in the quarterfinals of a tournament that she has a good chance to win. That's very dumb, and if she actually did it, then like PPP said I've lost all respect for her. The CTA wants $$$$ so why would they lose the chance of getting more money by "making" Na lose?

Jelena won fair and square and that is all that matters. :)

Also, I think Na Li is a very good player, but Jelena is still the better player. ;)

drake3781
May 25th, 2006, 06:58 PM
No don't, it's hilarious :rolls:

AND u'll lose vCash :ras:

pcrtennis
May 25th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Terrible loss for Na, she should have rolled over Jankovic...disappointing result for Na going into the French.

Jogi
May 25th, 2006, 07:35 PM
LOL this "discussion" is just amusing :D :lol:

congrats Jelena, win the title :p

azdaja
May 25th, 2006, 07:49 PM
one of the best threads in general messages since a long long time :lol:

UDACHi
May 25th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Tank or no tank, Jelena's into her first semifinal of 2006! :woohoo:

©@®eLess
May 25th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Now i have a first hand info: It was actually Jelena who had to rush the match. Na was on her way to catch a plane. But Jelena had a better reason. Serbia tenis federation didn't pay her a plane ticket, but instead bought her a bike. So Jelena had to rush to win the match in order to pack hers bags, and get to the hotel before dark, because she has phobias from late evening until sun comes out! She was so scared, she just played amazing, grabbed her bike and went to hotel to hide from demons and other monsters that haunt her during night!

Now do you all see how your reason fall apart!?

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Now i have a first hand info: It was actually Jelena who had to rush the match. Na was on her way to catch a plane. But Jelena had a better reason. Serbia tenis federation didn't pay her a plane ticket, but instead bought her a bike. So Jelena had to rush to win the match in order to pack hers bags, and get to the hotel before dark, because she has phobias from late evening until sun comes out! She was so scared, she just played amazing, grabbed her bike and went to hotel to hide from demons and other monsters that haunt her during night!

Now do you all see how your reason fall apart!?

what a joke :rolleyes:
Jelena is not controled by the Serbian federation :wavey:

Alicia Rocks
May 25th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Jelena :woohoo:

©@®eLess
May 25th, 2006, 09:53 PM
what a joke :rolleyes:
Jelena is not controled by the Serbian federation :wavey:

trust me eveyone's controlled by serbian federation and it's controlled by serbian special police, and serbian police is contolled by Hague tribunal, and Hague tribunal controlled by UN, and UN is contoled by George Bush, and Bush is controlled by extraterrestrials...and so on....So basically everyone's in the "eyes" of serbian tennis federation.

jonny84
May 25th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Great that Jelena made the SF! Glad to see she has woken up finally!

Davenselesport
May 25th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Obviously the slump was mental for Jelena... you don't do this well in tournaments back to back just out of the blue.

Awesome way to start things back up for her!!!

njnetswill
May 25th, 2006, 10:51 PM

Riiiight. That's why Na was in the semis of Berlin while all the other chinese girls were gone days before her. :wavey:

Harju.
May 25th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Jelena :banana:. So last week wasn't a fluke after all ;).

pierce0415
May 25th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Riiiight. That's why Na was in the semis of Berlin while all the other chinese girls were gone days before her. :wavey:

nope favorite daughters Jie and Zi were in doubles final :rolleyes:
you are obviously not a real fan of the Chinese :tape:

Eldoth Kron
May 25th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I LOVE THIS THREAD

:woohoo: :kiss: :drool: :bigclap: :yippee:

LUXXXAS
May 25th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Congrats Jelena :woohoo: :rocker::yeah:

Ellery
May 25th, 2006, 11:23 PM
I can't believe I created this thread :tape: :o

Ems__
May 25th, 2006, 11:28 PM
trust me eveyone's controlled by serbian federation and it's controlled by serbian special police, and serbian police is contolled by Hague tribunal, and Hague tribunal controlled by UN, and UN is contoled by George Bush, and Bush is controlled by extraterrestrials...and so on....So basically everyone's in the "eyes" of serbian tennis federation.

:haha:

Poor Jela even when she wins she doesn't get full credit...:lol:
Anyway I'm happy, its sooo long since I've seen 'JJ def. blahbla' in the GM...Well done Jeco!

Almalyk
May 25th, 2006, 11:50 PM
This is great news after a miserable start of the year for Jankovic. Keep on rolling!

Sharapova's_Boy
May 26th, 2006, 12:26 AM
:speakles:

wukenaihe
May 26th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Na is a choker. :o
She can play super tennis last minute and make stupid errors next minute.
This year she also losed games in a row when she leaded in 2th set against Masha. She just missed a easy shot and then she choked.
Being a Na's fans, you have to be mentally tough, too. :lol:

Actually, CTA just play a role like IMG.
They support Chinese plays who can't afford charges. And they get 40% Prizemoney from plays.
And these fund are used to support young promising plays. So i think it's a great project. :worship:

Of course, CTA can't control the outcome of the match. In china, only table tennis's match are controlled. :tape:

Mr_Molik
May 26th, 2006, 01:24 AM

Jelena Jankovic, Career High Singles Ranking: No. 17 (August 22, 2005)
Na Li, Career High Singles Ranking: No. 33 (May 9, 2005)

There is a reason why Jelena's career high is top 20, while Na has never even reached the top 30- she has had a better career so far. And she doesn't tank. :wavey:

Asif_Nawaz
May 26th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Na is a choker. :o
She can play super tennis last minute and make stupid errors next minute.
This year she also losed games in a row when she leaded in 2th set against Masha. She just missed a easy shot and then she choked.
Being a Na's fans, you have to be mentally tough, too. :lol:

Actually, CTA just play a role like IMG.
They support Chinese plays who can't afford charges. And they get 40% Prizemoney from plays.
And these fund are used to support young promising plays. So i think it's a great project. :worship:

Of course, CTA can't control the outcome of the match. In china, only table tennis's match are controlled. :tape:

You think what IMG did with Mirjana Lucic is great?puh-lease!:rolleyes:

wukenaihe
May 26th, 2006, 01:52 AM
You think what IMG did with Mirjana Lucic is great?puh-lease!:rolleyes:

I'm sorry for Mirjana Lucic. :sad:
I don't know the details but I hope she can come back soon.
IMG and CTA are not chartities.
It's bussiness. If you can't win the match, they treat you as trash:retard:

*roddicksinme*
May 26th, 2006, 01:53 AM
congrats to Jelena, its really good to see her playing some good tennis again!

selyoink
May 26th, 2006, 03:50 AM
I'm shocked that Na lost. I thought she would win the title.

I am glad that Jankovic is finally playing well again.

pcrtennis
May 26th, 2006, 04:26 AM
Surprising because Na had a 2-0 record against Jankovic...must have been en error-fest...good luck in the FO Na!!

She says th FO is the slam she most wants to play! GO NA!

F-R-E-A-K
May 26th, 2006, 04:28 AM
:eek: Jelena :D

Na :o :tape:

vianzfzf
May 26th, 2006, 04:32 AM
oh na

Vut
May 26th, 2006, 05:31 AM
:sad: Na

Ana&Jelena Fan
May 26th, 2006, 06:05 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Jelena.

Experimentee
May 26th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Na didnt tank, she just isnt very mentally strong :retard:

There have been lots of times in the past where there was only one Chinese player who stayed after the rest had lost. I dont believe Na would tank for something like a plane ticket. That is a completely ridiculous suggestion.

The article from Bodo blog doesnt really support the theory as it said the umpire was 100% sure Na's cramps were real, so I dont know why it was posted in support :rolleyes:

kfh_9118
May 26th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Na :sad:

But that's ok, at least she will be rested enough for the French Open, and I am so happy she finally is able to play her fave GS :woohoo: hope for a good draw for her.

Jelena J :yeah:

SpikeyAidanm
May 26th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Awesome win Jelena, Li is overated.

1star
May 26th, 2006, 08:23 AM

There is a reason why Jelena's career high is top 20, while Na has never even reached the top 30- she has had a better career so far. And she doesn't tank. :wavey:Okay, Jelena is a good player!

But there is not point simply compare the career high since most Chinese players are underrated because they never had full year schedules before, especially Na who had a long layoff 2 years and started WTA tournaments end of 2004 from zero ranking! Also,she got injured last May and missed FO/WI etc.

I'm surprised at the scoreline, based on the fact that Na had beat her twice! And Na excels if compare their record this year against top 40 players!

Of course Na chocks sometimes as she did it before in Panttaya!
Glad to see jelena's comeback after the slump early of the year!

It is not that bad to lose a few days before FO, which she hopes to play but never played before!
I'm glad she is healthy and can have a good rest for FO! Good luck!!

Bus
May 26th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Na :sad: But I think it is not so bad to take a break before the FO :angel:

Jelena :D :kiss: Good win

:o @ pierce0415's comments

Veeko
May 26th, 2006, 12:25 PM
how poor,Na

1star
May 26th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Riiiight. That's why Na was in the semis of Berlin while all the other chinese girls were gone days before her. :wavey: Pierce0415's assumption is not groundless even though may not be a fact.

Since the stupid Jiang Hong wei became head coach in 2005, all the players are playing the same tournaments no matter what levels and physical status they are.(Peng is exception)
Yan Zi went to play some tournaments by herself in 2005 but she was sponsored by her provincial team! Otherwise, her ranking could be lower!!

I think the biggest obstacle that prevents them to select matches wisely is the head coach, who will be useless if each of them goes to different tournaments with her own coatch separately. Who will he follow with?
That's might be the reason TianTian's and Ting's coatches no longer accompany them to any tournaments since 2005!!:rolleyes:

pierce0415
May 26th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Pierce0415's assumption is not groundless even though may not be a fact.

Since the stupid Jiang Hong wei became head coach in 2005, all the players are playing the same tournaments no matter what levels and physical status they are.(Peng is exception)
Yan Zi went to play some tournaments by herself in 2005 but she was sponsored by her provincial team! Otherwise, her ranking could be lower!!

I think the biggest obstacle that prevents them to select matches wisely is the head coach, who will be useless if each of them goes to different tournaments with her own coatch separately. Who will he follow with?
That's might be the reason TianTian's and Ting's coatches no longer accompany them to any tournaments since 2005!!:rolleyes:

:worship: :worship: :worship:

someone else that is actually informed

Experimentee
May 26th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Pierce0415's assumption is not groundless even though may not be a fact.

Yes I've been following them a while and am aware they do travel together as a team and play the same tournaments. This was especially bad for Zi's ranking in 2004-2005 as she was playing high tier tournaments and sometimes not making the qualifying draw when she should have been playing challengers.

However it doesnt mean that they tank matches just because the others have lost. There is no basis to infer that based on the fact that they travel together, since its happened in the past where the others have lost and one of them has continued in the tournament.

drake3781
May 26th, 2006, 03:41 PM
However it doesnt mean that they tank matches just because the others have lost. There is no basis to infer that based on the fact that they travel together, since its happened in the past where the others have lost and one of them has continued in the tournament.

Yeah, 1Star pretty much agrees with you. By not baseless but not a fact, he's saying that the circumstances are in place for this to happen, so we don't really know, but that Pierce0456 (or whatever) is taking those circumstances and making a factual jump that probably not correct.

I agree with this too.

pierce0415
Jun 8th, 2006, 09:26 PM

There is a reason why Jelena's career high is top 20, while Na has never even reached the top 30- she has had a better career so far. And she doesn't tank. :wavey:

Jelena Jankovic has been on tour since 2002
Na has been on tour since 2004

:rolleyes: