PDA

View Full Version : Remenber 1999

nhissan
May 25th, 2006, 09:35 AM
http://www.lequipe.fr/Xml/Tennis/Dossiers/Media/hingis_craque_1999.jpg :devil:

watchdogfish
May 25th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Hingis was a petulent 18 year old back then, but she's grown up so much since then. She won't be acting like that again

fifiricci
May 25th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Ugh, I know, it brings me out in a cold sweat even after all this time. Martina acting up like that put me off tennis for about six months :rolleyes: Still, she seems a lot more grown up these days, so I am prepared to try and forgive that shameful incident now (after all, she did lose and made herself look like a complete prick :lol: ).

My forgiveness of Martina is conditional upon her being truly over the tanties, of course .................. ;)

smiler
May 25th, 2006, 09:43 AM
I remember 1999, I was still at secondary school! It feels like a long time ago, but it doesn't sound that long! :unsure:

mike/topgun
May 25th, 2006, 10:36 AM
it was a funny thing...Steffi handled it well:p
Martina is grown up...come on she bursted into teers few weeks ago when she lost to Venus in Warsaw...

schris
May 25th, 2006, 11:15 AM
I remember 1999 so well...It was the year, when I started to watch tennis :hearts: It was the best year on tour since then...so many memories....Steffi beat both Williams sisters in Sydney Serena and Venus, AO QF Seles - Graf, AO F Hingis - Mauresmo, Indian Wells the great run of Steffi and a great final Serena - Steffi... Miami and the first final with both Serena and Venus; FO :worship: Graf def. Lindsay, Anna, Monica and Martina :worship: then Wimbledon and the best match of 1999 QF Steffi - Venus, then 13 August on Friday - Steffi retired, US Open and the first grand slam for Serena def. Martina... SF Martina def. Venus in 3 sets....
then a great tournament what I miss Grand Slam Cup in Germany SF Venus def. Martina 6-2 6-7(6) 9-7 :eek: and the next sisters final Serena def. Venus in 3 sets...

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: 1999:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

The_Pov
May 25th, 2006, 11:43 AM
I wasn't into tennis then can someone explain the picture and the incident please.

Dementinator
May 25th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Nothing changes ,she will still throw her toys out of the pram when it goes tits up..

markhingis
May 25th, 2006, 01:04 PM
You're all people overacting. She was so young then-If I had been her,I'd burst into tears as well. She's just a human being.Some of us prefer crying it out,other keep the feeling deep inside of themselves.
Is there something wrong to cry??It's a human nature.Stop blaming her,please!
Grow up!!

October
May 25th, 2006, 02:10 PM
You're all people overacting. She was so young then-If I had been her,I'd burst into tears as well. She's just a human being.Some of us prefer crying it out,other keep the feeling deep inside of themselves.
Is there something wrong to cry??It's a human nature.Stop blaming her,please!
Grow up!!

:worship: Spare her!!! She is very emotional on her losses, thats fine.

Helen Lawson
May 25th, 2006, 02:15 PM
It was a totally fun year. Monica and Steffi were still playing, Martina was still teen-queen, and Serena was having her breakthrough.

!<blocparty>!
May 25th, 2006, 02:19 PM
It was a totally fun year. Monica and Steffi were still playing, Martina was still teen-queen, and Serena was having her breakthrough.

And, Lindsay won Wimbledon and thrashed everyone at the YEC.

Tina. :sad:

Steffi and RG crowd are bitches.

LH2HBH
May 25th, 2006, 03:36 PM
oh ya, I was 23 years old. I was working at HMV at the time. Wow, those were the days. I used to party like mad on the weekend and the boys..... oh so many boys...

oh ya!! tennis.... no don't really remember

No.1Hingis
May 25th, 2006, 03:45 PM
I couldnt watch it alive.. I forgot it.. but I could watch a replay .. short.. just for incident.. and for me that was pretty fun picture to be exact..

First I said.. Owm.. OUps.. Ouk.. then I smile.. finally I said " What a Marty reaction"..
but for me didnt seem like big deal.. you know.. I even though today why she reacted like that .. Im sure she knew she was right.. just that can explain me that behave.. Impotence.. can hurt anyone feelings..

powerbackhand
May 25th, 2006, 03:49 PM
hingis was only young girl back then but as she had achieved so much at that time people expected her 2 be as mature as someone much older with same achievements

Philbo
May 25th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Graf should have circled the mark that caused Martina to cross the net.

It was poor clay court etiquette from Steffi which contributed to the whole thing..

I dont think Hingis wasnt partially to blame, but its funny how 7 years on noone cares to point out that Steffi breached clay court etiquiette by walking away from the questionable call without circling the mark for the umpire to check - hence Martina crossing the net to circle the mark...

Aquanetta
May 25th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Vividly. Steffi's last stand. Serena's official arrival.

GoDominique
May 25th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Graf should have circled the mark that caused Martina to cross the net.

It was poor clay court etiquette from Steffi which contributed to the whole thing..

I dont think Hingis wasnt partially to blame, but its funny how 7 years on noone cares to point out that Steffi breached clay court etiquiette by walking away from the questionable call without circling the mark for the umpire to check - hence Martina crossing the net to circle the mark...
Bullshit.

Why should she circle the mark when it was good, which I think it was? If it was right on the line there isn't even a mark. :lol:

After Martina's trash talk before the match, I don't blame Steffi at all for not correcting the call and instead allowing Martina to make a fool of herself. :lol: