PDA

View Full Version : Does everyone agree? Richard can do more for Venus's game than Oracene.

LH2HBH
May 25th, 2006, 12:07 AM
I love the intensity that Venus shows when Richard is on the scene. It is so good to see after all this time the two of them touring together as if it's life as usual on the tour.

Doesn't everyone agree that she is better when he is on the scene and that having Richard raises her stock where the Roland Garros title is concerned?

CJ07
May 25th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Richard is better for her game, Oracene is better for her state of mind.

And often enough, the latter is more important than the former.

Il Primo!
May 25th, 2006, 12:10 AM
I agree!!With Oracene it's justa big joke!:lol:I much apreciate Oracene but Richard is clearly more efective ;)

UDACHi
May 25th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Oracene was there at Wimbledon last year. ;)

The Daviator
May 25th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Oracene is a much better coach, I hear she chases after Venus and that's what makes Vee so quick :p

Il Primo!
May 25th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Oracene was there at Wimbledon last year. ;)
But Richard was at the other victories too :p Too long to count

Andy.
May 25th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Im not sure Orecene would really do much coaching i think she would mainly observe and let the girls do their own thing during practice where as Richard would be barking orders and giving advice and really getting involved. Plus he puts a lot of confidence into the girls

dreamgoddess099
May 25th, 2006, 01:04 AM
True, Venus is a daddy's girl. She respects him very much and loves hearing his voice when she plays on court. Richard is more affectionate, always tells her he loves her, and gives plenty of hugs and kisses. They both openly express their care for eachother and that seems to make the two of them closer. I don't think I've ever seen Oracene hug Venus or Serena in public, not even after a big win. That's not to say that she doesn't love them, but she seem to have bigger problem than Richard expressing that love, especially in public. In fact, Venus and Serena normally have to ask for a hug which is strange because I've never had to ask my mother for a hug, in fact she hugs me as soon as she sees me. Because of the closer bond Venus seems to have with Richard, I would say his presence and words seem to affect her more deeply.

Zauber
May 25th, 2006, 04:17 AM
yes her father seems to motivate her.
Oracene a tennis coach!
Are you guys really serious????

dreamgoddess099
May 25th, 2006, 05:19 AM
Oracene a tennis coach!
Are you guys really serious????
Of course, Venus and Serena get a lot of their fighting spirit from her. She gives them that strong motivation because I hear if they don't put up a fight, she'll beat that ass. :o

Just kidding about that last part :p :lol: (I'll bet someone is going to miss this disclaimer.)

Barbarela
May 25th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Don't you remember Antwerp 2005 when Venus lose in the final against Amelie and went to her mom and give her a big hug and Oracene was comforting her? :hug: It was an very emocional moment!

Viktymise
May 25th, 2006, 09:58 AM
I do think Richard brings out the best in vee but when she has both of them around she plays her best me thinks, shame it doesnt happen too often

vesanto
May 25th, 2006, 10:35 AM
I also remember at 2002 Championships, when Vee had to retire in her semi-final match against Kim...she lef the court in tears and her father was really worried and came to court and hugged her!