PDA

View Full Version : Longest Grand Slam streaks: Tanasugarn's run ends at 37.

vogus
May 24th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Tammy didn't enter the qualifying, so her streak of playing in every Grand Slam maindraw in nearly 10 years, since USO '96, is apparently over.

Other long streaks: Neither Likhovtseva or Sugiyama have missed a Slam since 1994 and will each appear in their 48th consectuve GS maindraw next week. Raymond is on 44 straight, and it will be the 38th Slam in a row for Schnyder and Dechy.

njnetswill
May 24th, 2006, 11:03 PM
:worship: To the players mentioned above.

I think it is smart for Tamarine to play the hardcourt challengers in Asia rather than play FO. She SUCKS on clay. She is just awful.

thelittlestelf
May 24th, 2006, 11:42 PM

I think it is smart for Tamarine to play the hardcourt challengers in Asia rather than play FO. She SUCKS on clay. She is just awful.Yeah she isn't good on clay at all. I hope she can rebound for the grass season, though!

LH2HBH
May 25th, 2006, 12:14 AM

I think it is smart for Tamarine to play the hardcourt challengers in Asia rather than play FO. She SUCKS on clay. She is just awful.

Yeah she's not that good on the clay but her 2004 RG match vs. Venus Williams was very entertaining! She is fun to watch and puts up a good fight no matter what the circumstances!