PDA

View Full Version : I'm so excited for Roland Garros coverage!!

Perfection
May 24th, 2006, 10:22 PM
This time of year is always my favorite.. all tennis, all day, for 2 whole weeks! I love waking up at 5 AM, having a nice delicious breakfast, then going to watch first round matches until midday while lounging around & snacking on fruit and the likes.

This time for me is very therapeutic.. I am able to forget about all my worries & duties, and just seclude myself in the tennis world. Sometimes I don't eat for the whole 2 weeks because I become so enthralled with the enjoyment of it all. (okay, I'm kidding :tape: ) It's especially enjoyable due to the fact that the US gets NO coverage at all from Miami until the French Open. So it's like a heroine addict in rehab for 3 months, getting a whole 2 week supply of dope and using it all during that time frame. :lol:

But really, this is my favorite 2 week period throughout the year, and I just can't wait to watch all the great tennis & surprises to come! :bounce:

pierce0415
May 24th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Are you talking about ESPN coverage :unsure:

watchdogfish
May 24th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Hehehe you must be a true fan to get up at 5am! I can't wait either particularly as we can get full coverage of Roland Garros this year at least it'll be on at the nicer time of 9/10am!!

40-0
May 24th, 2006, 10:27 PM
well me too, the bad pÓrt its that i have examns starting the 29 the good thing, as soon as i finish i will go back home and watch!

Oneofakind0490
May 24th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Well it sucks for me. I'm in school and I dont really want to wake up at 5 AM. SO I barely see tennis other than the weekends:fiery:

Perfection
May 24th, 2006, 10:35 PM
I graduated a week ago so I have no obligations until August. :angel: :woohoo:

hotandspicey
May 24th, 2006, 10:37 PM
I share your nostalgia! :lol: I feel the same way. I live and breathe tennis for two whole weeks during the slams, blocking off the rest of the world. Can't wait! Three more days! :yippee:

No Name Face
May 24th, 2006, 10:37 PM
U.S. coverage of anything tennis sucks. We're gonna have to watch hype-roddick and hype-ova who suck on clay.

Perfection
May 24th, 2006, 10:42 PM
U.S. coverage of anything tennis sucks. We're gonna have to watch hype-roddick and hype-ova who suck on clay.

I don't mind watching those type of matches either (except when Roddick actually makes it past the 4th round, that's just too much Roddick, but I doubt that will happen) because it's so fun to cheer for the underdogs more than it is to cheer for your actual favorites. Well, in some cases. ;) Maybe that's why Dementieva is one of my top favorites, every match she plays in, she seems fit in with the underdog category instead of the favorite. :o :lol:

Brooks.
May 24th, 2006, 10:56 PM
We'll see every Federer match...every Nadal match...probably every Venus match...every Sharapova and Roddick match if they play...most of Hingis' matches...and other stupid men's matches that nobody wants to watch because other than Sharapova & Williams, women's tennis pretty much doesn't exist for Espn :rolleyes:

No Name Face
May 24th, 2006, 11:06 PM
I don't mind watching those type of matches either (except when Roddick actually makes it past the 4th round, that's just too much Roddick, but I doubt that will happen) because it's so fun to cheer for the underdogs more than it is to cheer for your actual favorites. Well, in some cases. ;) Maybe that's why Dementieva is one of my top favorites, every match she plays in, she seems fit in with the underdog category instead of the favorite. :o :lol:

i know that feeling. Dementieva would be an underdog against ANYONE in the top 10, whether she's ranked above or below them. I love watching her on TV. I first saw her in the U.S. Open '04 semifinal against Capriati and I fell in love with her. :worship:

I hope they show some of her, but they didn't last year. They showed Lindsay :rolleyes: , Hype-Roddick :rolleyes: , Hypeova :rolleyes: and then understandably Federer and Nadal.

cellophane
May 24th, 2006, 11:08 PM
I decided to take only one class instead of two at school this summer in order to be able to watch tennis all the time. :o :lol:

iPatty
May 24th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Me either. For those two weeks that ESPN has coverage, I just live for tennis and breate tennis. It's just so refreshing, to have that much coverage when we have nothing apart from Slams.

I get up at 5AM too. I'm pretty much done with school, so I might stay home a couple of days next week, to watch. :lol:

No Name Face
May 24th, 2006, 11:10 PM
I decided to take only one class instead of two at school this summer in order to be able to watch tennis all the time. :o :lol:

:lol:

-----

well i prefer men's tennis to women's, so i don't mind ESPN's coverage usually, but they always show Roddick, and he's just not that enjoyable to watch. I'll enjoy some noob own him on clay though. :)

they will show blake since blake is now a top player and that's always a good thing. james is fun to watch except for when he tries for the return winner EVERY TIME he sees a second serve :rolleyes:

iPatty
May 24th, 2006, 11:11 PM

-----

well i prefer men's tennis to women's, so i don't mind ESPN's coverage usually, but they always show Roddick, and he's just not that enjoyable to watch. I'll enjoy some noob own him on clay though. :)

they will show blake since blake is now a top player and that's always a good thing. james is fun to watch except for when he tries for the return winner EVERY TIME he sees a second serve :rolleyes:

Eww gross. James tries to hit return winners off like, every shot. :tape:

croat123
May 24th, 2006, 11:12 PM
espn's coverage is gonna suck...any chance sharapova, roddick, federer, and nadal can all lose on day1?

Aaron.
May 24th, 2006, 11:15 PM
espn's coverage is gonna suck...any chance sharapova, roddick, federer, and nadal can all lose on day1? :lol:

croat123
May 24th, 2006, 11:15 PM
and then he gets mad at himself when he misses cause he thinks he's better than he really is :o

cellophane
May 24th, 2006, 11:17 PM

Tennis is more important to me than some stupid education. :o

iPatty
May 24th, 2006, 11:21 PM
and then he gets mad at himself when he misses cause he thinks he's better than he really is :o

Exactly why I hate watching him. It's 10X more annoying when Cliffie and P-Mac start talking about "what an inspiration he is." Then, I have to listen to his "remarkable" story 6 or 7 times over the course of one day.

:help:

Aaron.
May 24th, 2006, 11:21 PM
i always get excited for when ESPN shows tennis coverage cause they barley do we get none of the european clay season or grass warmups and we dont get that much coverage after US Open :fiery:

CanIGetAWhat
May 24th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Me either. For those two weeks that ESPN has coverage, I just live for tennis and breate tennis. It's just so refreshing, to have that much coverage when we have nothing apart from Slams.

I get up at 5AM too. I'm pretty much done with school, so I might stay home a couple of days next week, to watch. :lol:Same here. I took off the entire week next week just to lounge on my couch to watch every minute of tennis. :lol: Tennis is more important than work. :o

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 24th, 2006, 11:40 PM
I'm excited for RG, but everytime I get excited for it the quality turns out to be poor (it happened for the last 2 RG's :( )

However, this is my favourite time of the year :) A month and a half worth of tennis.

RG, Queens, Eastbourne and Wimbledon :bounce: :woohoo:

No uni, just staying at home watching tennis :aparty:

Zauber
May 24th, 2006, 11:43 PM
is this the stone age?
Have any of you heard about recording devices?

Perfection
May 24th, 2006, 11:45 PM
is this the stone age?
Have any of you heard about recording devices?

Live tennis is 100x better than taped. It is much more atmospheric knowing that all the emotions and applauds you're seeing are happening within a 10 second range of them actually happening.

UDACHi
May 24th, 2006, 11:50 PM
I envy you all. I don't get out of school until right before Wimbledon, so I'll be seeing about an hour each day of RG, except for weekends.

Does anyone know if ESPN's doing their "Today at the French.." show? I loved watching it last year, but they don't have any primetime tennis on their schedules. :( :help: :awww: :sad:

iPatty
May 24th, 2006, 11:52 PM
I envy you all. I don't get out of school until right before Wimbledon, so I'll be seeing about an hour each day of RG, except for weekends.

Does anyone know if ESPN's doing their "Today at the French.." show? I loved watching it last year, but they don't have any primetime tennis on their schedules. :( :help: :awww: :sad:

I thought that that was at 5AM, when they start coverage. As you know, I'm out of school on June 7, though I'll be taking assorted days off of school to watch tennis. :o :lol:

UDACHi
May 25th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Why would today at the French be at 5 AM? What on earth would they recap from the day? :silly:

ESPN Classic isn't covering any either. I'll be seeing assorted points, and nothing more until week 2. :sad:

ZAK
May 25th, 2006, 12:10 AM
I can't wait :bounce::bounce:

I don't think I've been this excited for the start of a slam before. Thank god it starts on Sunday this year. One less day to wait

UDACHi
May 25th, 2006, 12:10 AM
I just looked again, and they are doing the "Today at the French" show. :o :lol:

I'll be getting 3 hours of sleeping until June 12. :banana:

GogoGirl
May 25th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Hey All,

Yes - bring it on. I'm glad, I have the tennis channel too - though. This is my favorite time of the year - as it pertains to tennis - because - I know there will be a lot more to come - sort of back to back.

I'll put on an eight hour tape every morning before I leave for work - I'm a thinking.

I can even bear listening to certain tennis commentators - and for the most part - since we have no choice.

Which commentator from the networks outside of TTC will try to cross over to TTC first? LOL! I'm sure some of them wish they could get gigs on that channel too - and are a little envious. I think Jim Courier will show up first.

njnetswill
May 25th, 2006, 01:02 AM
ESPN Coverage is sucky. But it is better than nothing.

I like watching Nadal, Sharapova, Hingis and Venus play, so I don't mind if they show every one of their matches.

I am also a fan of Federer but his early rounds are very :yawn: .

I can't stand Roddick. And thank goodness Lindsay pulled out.

I'm hoping they show some Clijsters, Dementieva, Petrova, Safin, Ferrero, Gasquet or Robredo early on. :cool:

Derek.
May 25th, 2006, 01:04 AM
I thought that that was at 5AM, when they start coverage. As you know, I'm out of school on June 7, though I'll be taking assorted days off of school to watch tennis. :o :lol:

Haha! I only have two more days left of school! :nerner:

Dawn Marie
May 25th, 2006, 01:10 AM
This time of year is always my favorite.. all tennis, all day, for 2 whole weeks! I love waking up at 5 AM, having a nice delicious breakfast, then going to watch first round matches until midday while lounging around & snacking on fruit and the likes.

This time for me is very therapeutic.. I am able to forget about all my worries & duties, and just seclude myself in the tennis world. Sometimes I don't eat for the whole 2 weeks because I become so enthralled with the enjoyment of it all. (okay, I'm kidding :tape: ) It's especially enjoyable due to the fact that the US gets NO coverage at all from Miami until the French Open. So it's like a heroine addict in rehab for 3 months, getting a whole 2 week supply of dope and using it all during that time frame. :lol:

But really, this is my favorite 2 week period throughout the year, and I just can't wait to watch all the great tennis & surprises to come! :bounce:

Ok this was a cute and honest thread. I feel just like you do. I am excited!! GO TENNIS!!

Go tennis!! it's your birthday!! Go tennis!! it's your birthday!!

jacobruiz
May 25th, 2006, 01:24 AM
The slams are my holidays from the worries and stress of my life.:D Tennis all day - no time to worry!

No Name Face
May 25th, 2006, 02:38 AM

yup :tape:

DEATH!!! :haha:

Corswandt
May 25th, 2006, 02:51 AM
Live tennis is 100x better than taped. It is much more atmospheric knowing that all the emotions and applauds you're seeing are happening within a 10 second range of them actually happening.

Possibly. But if you tape the matches you can watch much more tennis. I'm going to horrify everyone again after than boner comment (which was A JOKE) by saying that I've gradually developed the habit of FFWD first between games, then between points and now even between first and second serves. Two weeks ago managed to watch about 8 or 9 full sets from Berlin in little over two hours.

I'll put on an eight hour tape every morning before I leave for work - I'm a thinking.

I did the same at the AO. Matches began at midnight local time, so I watched the first match and then recorded the rest to watch when and if I had the time the next day.

vogus
May 25th, 2006, 03:06 AM
Corsy, are you in Portugal? If so you must be a real nite owl...

PatrickRyan
May 25th, 2006, 03:11 AM
same here, i love the time between rg and wimbledon

Corswandt
May 25th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Corsy, are you in Portugal? If so you must be a real nite owl...

3:51 AM GMT when I posted that. Whenever possible, I prefer to stay up late to work/study and get up at noon the next day.

volta
May 25th, 2006, 02:07 PM
we are going to have the last week of cycling messing up the first week of RG on Eurosport right? :o

V-MAC
May 25th, 2006, 02:08 PM
:eek: lol just noticed, Eurosport are starting their coverage of Roland Garros on Saturday by showing QUALIFYING ROUND matches!!:eek: I've never seen this been done before, well that is dedication for you :lol:

Corswandt
May 25th, 2006, 02:18 PM
we are going to have the last week of cycling messing up the first week of RG on Eurosport right? :o

Njet.

The Giro ends this Sunday, the day RG MD action begins. Both the Saturday and Sunday stages will be shown live on ES1 (and the Saturday one with good reason - they'll be climbing the Cima Coppi and the Mortirolo).

No.1Hingis
May 25th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Eurosport is going to cover and get a live screen on website.. but I guess we cant watch it.. cause I tried to do that for OG Torino.. and the servidor said me that I have to be in Europe.. jajaja!!.. we'll see.. Hopefully I can watch evening and night matches.. I just dont gonna lose Martina, Federer, Justine and Haas matches.. For those how work and be stuck all time in front a lap or PC.. theres have to be a form to watch the matches.. let me know if aany some device to follow matches between morning ..

volta
May 25th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Njet.

The Giro ends this Sunday, the day RG MD action begins. Both the Saturday and Sunday stages will be shown live on ES1 (and the Saturday one with good reason - they'll be climbing the Cima Coppi and the Mortirolo).
yeah i just saw some part of the giro to know where it ended. im glad its going to finish on sunday that way it wont mess up the RG transmition like it used to :D
thanks for the info :D

cometz9
May 25th, 2006, 04:31 PM
i have to wake up at 4am to watch and record the FO, then off to class :o :sad: usually i just take a month off to watch the 2 Slams.

junlee_vee
May 25th, 2006, 04:31 PM
The only time I got up last year at 5 AM was for Venus (and really good match-ups)...too bad it was so short lived! :sad:

Hopefully this year, I'll be getting up at 5 much more often! ;)