PDA

View Full Version : Roland Garros: Tati is back!!

TatiAnnahølic
May 24th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Well at least she is trainning there and is still in the official list of seeds :worship::worship::worship::worship:

Pics:
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=8123269#post8123269

Seeds:

Women's singles

1. Amelie Mauresmo
2. Kim Clijsters
3. Nadia Petrova
4. Maria Sharapova
5. Justine Henin-Hardenne
6. Mary Pierce
7. Elena Dementieva
8. Patty Schnyder
-------------------------
9. Svetlana Kuznetsova
10. Francesca Schiavone
11. Anastasia Myskina
12. Venus Williams
13. Martina Hingis
14. Anna-Lena Groenefeld
15. Dinara Safina
16. Daniela Hantuchova
17. Nicole Vaidisova
18. Flavia Pennetta
19. Elena Likhovtseva
20. Ana Ivanovic
21. Maria Kirilenko
22. Nathalie Dechy
23. Ai Sugiyama
24. Tatiana Golovin
25. Katarina Srebotnik
26. Marion Bartoli
27. Anabel Medina Garrigues
28. Anna Chakvetadze
29. Lucie Safarova
30. Sofia Arvidsson
31. Klara Koukalova
32. Shahar Peer

I'm so happy to see her back on court! :hearts:Btw, she has changed her racquet once again ;)

FrenchY52
May 24th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Yes but she has said to the medias that her ankle is much better and on what we saw on french tv she mooved quite well so let's be optimistic!

Harju.
May 24th, 2006, 08:26 PM
:banana: Tania :hearts: Hopefully she doesn't force herself to play.

selyoink
May 24th, 2006, 10:22 PM
I hope she is able to play and is 100%.

UDACHi
May 25th, 2006, 02:13 AM
Allez comeback. :bowdown:

beauty_is_pink
May 25th, 2006, 02:16 AM
allez! I hope the ankle has healed up :)

Dan23
May 25th, 2006, 03:21 AM
:clap2: :clap2:

Solitaire
May 25th, 2006, 06:04 AM
I just want her healed and playing.

rik du chesnay
May 25th, 2006, 09:56 AM
ENfin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TATI YOU MISSED US!!!!!!!!!!!!

willrock
May 25th, 2006, 10:24 AM
:yeah:
I'm gonna have to change my avatar! :)

willrock
May 25th, 2006, 10:27 AM
I'm going to Roland next Saturday and Sunday.
I wanna see her so badly!
Hopefully she'll play the doubles : that would maximize my chances to see her...

FedExpress
May 25th, 2006, 11:52 AM
welcome the comeback of the year ;)

FrenchY52
May 25th, 2006, 12:02 PM
V-lix i like your avatar :)

am13
May 25th, 2006, 02:08 PM
YEESSSS !!! Tati is back !!!!!!!
It's time to revenge...

yukon145
May 25th, 2006, 03:18 PM
good luck Tati, hope you're healthy

Magic07
May 25th, 2006, 05:46 PM
:bounce: Good luck TATI :bounce:
you're not alone :hearts:
:kiss: GO TATI GO :kiss:

FrenchY52
May 25th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Go Tati !

Harju.
May 25th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Tati is playing Birmingham again this year :banana:. No Sharapova this year. Hopefully she can win her first title there provided she's healthy.

UDACHi
May 26th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Is she playing RG or not? I was all ready to come in here and throw a hissy fit, but you're all saying she's playing. :shrug: :lol:

TatiAnnahølic
May 26th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Tati is playing Birmingham again this year :banana:. No Sharapova this year. Hopefully she can win her first title there provided she's healthy.Viva! :banana:

Udachi, we'll know in a few hours ;)

willrock
May 26th, 2006, 10:55 AM
The draw has just been made.
Tati against Zheng in the first round :unsure:
Lisjak or a qualifier in second r
Hingis for the third r
Well, beating Jie would already be cool!

rik du chesnay
May 26th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Bad draw

JS
May 26th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Terrible draw...
Jie in the first round is one of the worst thing that could happen...
And if she manages to win, it will be Martina in 3rd round... :rolleyes:
I hope she will be 200% fit! :p
Let's pray now

FedExpress
May 26th, 2006, 12:09 PM
I hope that the new racket is a 'winner-racket' which help Tati to manage the bad draw.

Hant11
May 26th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Golovin partante

SAUF PÉPIN de dernière minute, Tatiana Golovin fera son retour pour Roland-Garros. La jeune Française, qui s’était donné une grosse entorse en demi-finale du tournoi de Miami face à Maria Sharapova, fin mars, a repris l’entraînement de tennis il y a quelques jours.

« Mercredi, j’ai même disputé un match contre Paola Suarez, que j’ai gagné, mais il faut encore y aller doucement car j’ai plutôt joué sur une jambe, a expliqué Golovin hier depuis Disneyland, où elle a passé une partie de la journée pour des besoins de tournage télé et de séances photo. Bien sûr, je ressens toujours une douleur à la cheville gauche et je vais passer une dernière échographie ce soir (hier soir). Mais pour moi il n’y a pas de problème, je serai à Roland-Garros. »

Une information que confirmait Georges Goven : « Tati va jouer, c’est sûr. Maintenant, il est évident qu’elle ne sera pas à cent pour cent. En fait, dans l’état actuel des choses, elle ne se fixe pas d’objectif particulier sur Roland-Garros. Il s’agit seulement d’un tournoi de rentrée qu’elle doit aborder sans pression, pour vérifier qu’elle est à nouveau capable de disputer un match entier. » – A. D.

TatiAnnahølic
May 26th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Though draw... just hope she plays wells and remains healty.

Allez Tania! :bounce:

yukon145
May 26th, 2006, 02:55 PM
lets just hope shes healthy, maybe she can pull off a first round win with the help of the crowd.

rseto
May 26th, 2006, 03:29 PM
that's a tough draw! she'll have to be close to 100% to beat zheng.

and i'm a little worried about her current health after reading the article that danielafrenchfan (thanks!) posted above. a 1st round loss won't be the worst thing and she can still get some additional matches in doubles.

good luck tati!

willrock
May 26th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Thanx Danielafrenchfan :yeah:
Btw CATARITIE u're annoying with all your threads :lol:

FrenchY52
May 26th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Bad draww .. Bud good luck she can win

am13
May 26th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Horrible draw... Zheng is very hard to beat... 2nd draw easier. And Hingis in the third, pffff...

selyoink
May 26th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Well that is about as tough a first round match as possible. Beating Zheng would be a success but considering Tati hasn't played a match in a few months it isn't very likely.

Harju.
May 26th, 2006, 06:31 PM
I'm dying to see Hingis vs Tati in the 3rd. Please win, Tati.

Back to reality. Everyone should be happy if Tati can steal a set for Jie. :o

Harju.
May 26th, 2006, 06:34 PM
On the other news. Tati is playing Eastbourne. :bounce: Glad she's whoring up the grass tournaments after missing up most of the clay season.

Grass act for Golovin

The LTA is pleased to announce that teenage sensation Tatiana Golovin will take part at the Hastings Direct International Championships this year.

Tatiana, one of a number of rising young French players exploded onto the WTA Tour in 2004 reaching the fourth round at both the Australian Open and Wimbledon as well as her first Tour final at the DFS Classic and ended the year inside the top 30. 2005 was a similar success story finishing runner up in Tokyo and breaking into the top 20 although a run of injuries prevented the Frenchwoman from adding to her achievements.

Tatiana has continued to impress in 2006 reaching semi finals in Paris and Miami, recording victories over top ten players Nadia Petrova and Elena Dementieva. A fantastic performance during her semi final match in Miami saw Tatiana push Maria Sharapova into a third set before an ankle injury forced the French star to retire. She has spent the last six weeks regaining her fitness as a result of the injury and hopes to return to the Tour shortly.

Hastings Direct International Championships Director Gavin Fletcher said: "We are delighted to welcome Tatiana to the Hastings Direct International Championships for the first time in her career. She has an excellent record on grass and has gained a legion of fans in Britain, I have no doubt that she will receive a tremendous welcome when she arrives in Eastbourne next month.”

Golovin is also playing in Birmingham this year

FrenchY52
May 26th, 2006, 06:45 PM
If Tati wants to beat Zheng it would be in 2 straights sets i think but it wouldn't be easy :tape:

Harju.
May 26th, 2006, 06:53 PM
And is anyone excited with the new outfit that Tati's going to wear? She'd better come up with the new outfit or I'm going to be really really mad. :tape:

FrenchY52
May 26th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Yess hope it will be GREAT !! Don't think she will wear this white outfit .. I can't wait to see her !

ZAK
May 27th, 2006, 02:29 AM
One of the toughest first round opponents she could have gotten. Hopefully she'll win!

FrenchY52
May 27th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Tati won't have any pressure hope, GO

FedExpress
May 27th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Tati won't have any pressure hope, GO

Are you sure? I think there is a pressure because she is playing at 'home' and everybody want to see how good she is after her injury.

TatiAnnahølic
May 27th, 2006, 10:44 AM
And is anyone excited with the new outfit that Tati's going to wear? She'd better come up with the new outfit or I'm going to be really really mad. :tape:
<==== Tati's new outfit. So I'm not excited at all about it :o

FrenchY52
May 27th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Yeh but "tennistically" she know she'll have to give all what she can give if she wants to win . It's just a comeback tournament to see how she can play in matches

Harju.
May 27th, 2006, 03:16 PM
<==== Tati's new outfit. So I'm not excited at all about it :o
so is it a hotpants or another boring mini skirt? :o And bring back the bandana too.

TatiAnnahølic
May 27th, 2006, 03:52 PM
so is it a hotpants or another boring mini skirt? :o And bring back the bandana too.Boring skirt:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3107/golovinlacoste2006g2pn.jpg

UDACHi
May 27th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Tati's 2006 outfits have been boring. :(

She better kick some Zheng ass. :rocker2:

willrock
May 28th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Tati will play on Tuesday!

FedExpress
May 28th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Tati will play on Tuesday!

Do you know the time?

willrock
May 28th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Do you know the time?

Not yet unfortunately

Harju.
May 28th, 2006, 05:26 PM
At least she has one more day for the ankle to heal and more time to practise. Come on Tati. Make my dream comes true. Tati vs Marti would be awesome :drool:.

JS
May 28th, 2006, 05:35 PM
At least she has one more day for the ankle to heal and more time to practise. Come on Tati. Make my dream comes true. Tati vs Marti would be awesome :drool:.
Yeah it would, especially with Tati winning :p

ZAK
May 29th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Tati will make her comeback on court Lenglen tomorrow!

willrock
May 29th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Tati will make her comeback on court Lenglen tomorrow!

Yay second match, which means i could watch her :woohoo:

Harju.
May 29th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Not Chatrier :(.

They are not going to show it on livestream then :(

FrenchY52
May 29th, 2006, 05:57 PM
It's better for her to start on the Suzanne Lenglen ( which is anyway a Great court ) Because she has really less pression than in the Central . Go Tati hope i'll be able to see a part of the match !

UDACHi
May 29th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Do it up, Tati. :woohoo:

yukon145
May 29th, 2006, 09:17 PM
come on Tati, im getting up early and hope to god ESPN shows a little of the match.

ZAK
May 29th, 2006, 09:20 PM
come on Tati, im getting up early and hope to god ESPN shows a little of the match.

They'll probably be showing Monfils v. Murray, but since thats not that big of a match in terms of names and Brad is there we may see some Tati

selyoink
May 30th, 2006, 04:08 AM
I hope I can follow Tati's match and maybe even watch some of it tomorrow.

Solitaire
May 30th, 2006, 04:45 AM
Best of luck to Tati today! Should be an interesting match

Harju.
May 30th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Tati is not playing double. Dechy pairs up with Bepa.

rseto
May 30th, 2006, 07:08 AM
They'll probably be showing Monfils v. Murray, but since thats not that big of a match in terms of names and Brad is there we may see some Tati

i wouldn't be surprised if we see a bit of it. espn probably still remembers the match that tati had in miami.

do your best, tati!

FrenchY52
May 30th, 2006, 11:54 AM
4-2 for Zheng

panenka
May 30th, 2006, 12:36 PM
one pic from her match vs zheng...
poor tati :sobbing: :tears:
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/442/france320060530013020tt.th.png (http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=france320060530013020tt.png)

martirogi
May 30th, 2006, 01:11 PM
tati pics up on getty already!

i absolutely LOVE it!!!!!!! of course im a huge fan of stripes........

selyoink
May 30th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Tati lost 7-6 (7-5) in a second set tiebreak. She staved off one match point but couldn't save a second. Good fight from Tati. She got her ankle treated after the first set.

martirogi
May 30th, 2006, 01:31 PM
well it would have been a bit much to expect her to win her first match back on her worst surface. but she fought well (down 5-3 in the second) and now she's ready for grass.

rseto
May 30th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Tati lost 7-6 (7-5) in a second set tiebreak. She staved off one match point but couldn't save a second. Good fight from Tati. She got her ankle treated after the first set.

yeah, also thought it was a good fight from her. when she was down 4-1 or 4-2 i thought it was over but she got the set into a tiebreak. didn't seem like she wasn't moving well. after watching the tiebreak, i expect her to do well in a couple of weeks on grass.

yukon145
May 30th, 2006, 01:41 PM
glad to see her back and she fought well after being down 1-4 in the second. she had her chances in the tiebreak, to bad she couldnt take them. she just needs to rest up some more and get some more matches in. it was crappy luck that Tati had such a hard first round.

i liked the new outfit, but i thought Tati looked a bit out of shape. i blame the injury for that, but she'll be 100% healthy and fit in no time!

yukon145
May 30th, 2006, 01:44 PM
oh i was also glad to see ESPN show parts of the 5-6 game, and all of the tiebreak.

brad said that he was suprised that she was already back, and that he thinks she will do well on grass. i hope hes right.

they also said that hingis was hoping to face Zheng and not Tati. she was worried about Tati and the home crowd support.

Hant11
May 30th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Roland-Garros: Golovin lâchée par sa cheville

mar 30 mai, 15h40

PARIS (AP) - Lâchée par la cheville qui l'a tenue éloignée des courts depuis deux mois, Tatiana Golovin (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/2968.html) n'a pu défendre toutes ses chances mardi au premier tour de Roland-Garros contre la Chinoise Jie Zheng (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/2925.html) (6-3, 7-6).

La Française, tête de série numéro 23, s'est bien battue dans la seconde manche pour revenir de 1-4 et arracher un tie-break avant de céder en 1h48 de jeu.

"Je pensais que ma cheville allait mieux, mais je me suis fait mal à 4-1 dans le premier set et après, j'ai eu beaucoup de mal", a expliqué Golovin, qui n'avait plus joué depuis le tournoi de Miami, fin mars.

"En fait, je n'étais pas prête du tout pour jouer, mais étant à Paris, je ne pouvais pas me permettre de ne pas essayer. J'ai hésité jusqu'à hier, quand je me suis réveillée, mais je me serais sentie très mal si je n'avais pas joué", a-t-elle dit.

Malgré sa belle résistance dans le deuxième set, Golovin a concédé qu'elle n'aurait probablement pas tenu une manche de plus.

La Française d'origine russe espère que le gazon, plus souple, lui permettra de retrouver ses moyens et ce dès le tournoi de Birmingham, qui débute le 12 juin.

En attendant, Roland-Garros est fini et bien fini pour "Tati": "Je voulais m'inscrire en double mixte, mais personne ne veut jouer avec moi.":eek:

JS
May 30th, 2006, 04:03 PM
En attendant, Roland-Garros est fini et bien fini pour "Tati": "Je voulais m'inscrire en double mixte, mais personne ne veut jouer avec moi.":eek:
:eek: :eek:
I would never have refused to play mixed doubles with Tati!! :p
Men on the ATP must be carzy...

Solitaire
May 30th, 2006, 04:18 PM
At least Tati fought hard in the 2nd set. Besides a few chokes Jie was playing well.

FrenchY52
May 30th, 2006, 04:32 PM
No Matter she has played at least !!
Tati :hearts:

Harju.
May 30th, 2006, 04:50 PM
i really love that outfit too. it wasn't so bad afterall. it's easily one of the best and original outfit. it's much much better than the freaking pink tutu.

now the match itself. fuck u draw.

i'm cranky.

FedExpress
May 30th, 2006, 04:53 PM
I would love to play with Tati mixed doubles ^^
But what about the french guys for example Gasquet, Santoro etc.? What's wrong with them?

ZAK
May 30th, 2006, 08:16 PM
I'm sad Tati lost, but I don't think the loss means anything. She'll be better for grass

UDACHi
May 30th, 2006, 08:38 PM
I didn't see any of the match, so I can't really comment. I'm not too sad about this loss. A better draw would have been nice, but she played well, all things considered.

yukon145
May 30th, 2006, 08:42 PM
anyone want to give a rough summary about what that french article said to all us non-french speakers? thanks!

Harju.
May 30th, 2006, 08:47 PM
anyone want to give a rough summary about what that french article said to all us non-french speakers? thanks!
she just said that her ankle was better and that initially she didn't want to play at first but would have felt worse if she doesn't play at all. guess she really likes playing at RG. and jokingly she said that no one from ATP wanted to partner with her for mixed double. she also said that grass would suit her more and her next tourney is Birmingham.

yukon145
May 31st, 2006, 03:20 AM
she just said that her ankle was better and that initially she didn't want to play at first but would have felt worse if she doesn't play at all. guess she really likes playing at RG. and jokingly she said that no one from ATP wanted to partner with her for mixed double. she also said that grass would suit her more and her next tourney is Birmingham.

thanks