PDA

View Full Version : Ranking Predictions: Post-French Open

Orion
May 24th, 2006, 04:06 PM
I'm curious what people think the top 20 will look like after Roland Garros. There are a few players with major points to defend that haven't looked very impressive so far this year (Pierce, Likhovtseva) and others with little-to-nothing to defend that have looked quite impressive (Safina, V. Williams). So how do you think the rankings will shake out in three weeks?

My bet is:

1. Mauresmo
2. Clijsters
3. Petrova
4. Sharapova
5. Henin
6. Dementieva
7. Davenport
8. Pierce
9. Kuznetsova
10. Schnyder
11. Hingis
12. Myskina
13. Williams
14. Schiavone
15. Safina
16. Groenefeld
17. Pennetta
18. Hantuchova
19. Vaidisova
20. Kirilenko

I think the rankings are pretty locked for the top 5 players. Henin cannot rise unless Sharapova really crashes, and she's good enough to make the 4th round even without having played lately. Mauresmo won't lose a lot even by going out 1st round, and I'd imagine she can make it to the semi's. Clijsters can neither rise nor fall too much, and Petrova can't rise a whole lot. Pierce will take a huge beating unless she can make the quarters, and Davenport is guaranteed to fall a few spots. Dementieva doesn't have a lot to defend. Schnyder is too patchy to predict at the moment. Kuznetsova will probably make the quarters, unless her draw makes her play Henin, Petrova, or Mauresmo. Myskina, Hingis, and Williams have virtually nothing to defend, and Schiavone has a fair amount for her ranking. Safina has 1st round points, and she's a safe bet for the 4th round. Groenefeld could make the quarters with a lot of effort, but even then she' got enough to defend that her rise will be minimal. Pennetta can make the 4th round if she gets a good draw, and I doubt Vaidisova or Hantuchova will do that. Likhovtseva will fall hard. I bet Kirilenko will have a good showing.

Rub
May 24th, 2006, 04:41 PM
kim will be number one!

Lady
May 24th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Birmingham points probably will be taken off immediately after RG as well since this year's schedule is 1 week later. ;)
So Maria will lose those points as well.

mboyle
May 24th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Hingis will be top 6 or 7. She will win.

SAEKeithSerena
May 24th, 2006, 06:11 PM
kim will be number one!

your avatar:eek: :hearts:

Viktymise
May 24th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Likhovsteva will definatley be out of the top 20 which is a shame, chance for vee to make top 10 maybe and for lena to get past lindsay and pierce in the ranks maybe a top 5 place for lenaD if its a great tournament which i think it will be, kim maybe number 1 after an early loss of mauresmo, kuznetsova maybe a hance to overtake schnyder and be with Lena also

hablo
May 24th, 2006, 07:46 PM
I only hope Mauresmo can defend her 3rd round pts :p

Allez Momo, if not, Kim or Martina :bounce:

tennisboi
May 24th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Davenport will fall to around 10 or lower

mike/topgun
May 24th, 2006, 09:47 PM
No, Lindsay will lose 174pts, what makes 2080pts after RG and f.e. Pierce(now 2302) gotta defend over 400 pts and she's been out from the tour since Feb. Maybe Juju will be knocked out earlier, so she'll fall behind Lindsay...Probably Elena will do better this time, so she's got a chance to get ahead Davenport before Wimbledon. I predict for the lowest - 8th place in the ranks and 8th seeding for SW19 Champs. :p

Ferosh
May 24th, 2006, 09:54 PM
not looking good for Likhovtseva, Pierce, Davenport, Ivanovic, and..... Karatantcheva. :p

selyoink
May 24th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Elena Likhovtseva's ranking will be hit the hardest :sad:

Corswandt
May 24th, 2006, 11:33 PM
not looking good for Likhovtseva, Pierce, Davenport, Ivanovic, and..... Karatantcheva. :p

The decision that suspended Karatantcheva also took away her 2005 RG points.

mirzalover
May 24th, 2006, 11:39 PM
[QUOTE]Hingis will be top 6 or 7. She will win.

she my third pick to win but i know that she will lose in the Quarters