PDA

View Full Version : STOP THE FIGHTING:Love Venus and Martina....

GracefulVenus
May 24th, 2006, 05:18 AM
I'm in love with the tour again because

Martina Hingis - smart, lovely backhand, consistent, determined, smart!
http://www.internazionaliditalia.it/public/pop_4hingis21.jpg

Venus Williams - strong, gracfeful, willpower, movement, fierce opponent
http://www.internazionaliditalia.it/public/pop_williams20.jpg

ARE BACK!!!!!!!!

There seems to be a lot of debating going on about who is the best, who will win the most titles, who will crack the top 5 first, so on and so on. But the fact of the matter is that I am excited to see them both back on the tour and playing well.

They both deserve the credit they are do whether you are a fan of one, both or none. Both of these women, especially Martina has come back to the tour in fantastic form even though she lost some tourneys early on, to comeback after a three year absence and play as well as she has been playing is simply remarkable.........whether you are a fan or not man, you can't argue that.

And Venus............I believe it is more of a confidence thing with Venus Williams, which I think she has pretty much conquered. After being off the tour most of last year and this year, for her to comeback during the clay season and get some great wins under her belt will only give her confidence for the rest of the season......I also believe after Wimbledon, she'll have her confidence back.

And then there is the RIVALRY. Those of us who have been following tennis for a while remember when Martina and Venus would meet up in just about every Semi-Final and Final of events for about two years straight. And now to have them battling it out again and being able to build on this rivalry (now at 11-10 Martina leading); it is really a blessing for fans of womens tennis.

Lets Cheer them on and pray they stay healthy to continue to give us high quality tennis entertainment.

Love, GracefulVenus

LH2HBH
May 24th, 2006, 08:25 AM
I love them both too!

Libertango
May 24th, 2006, 09:13 AM
*waves* :hearts:

GracefulVenus
May 24th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Where is the love, the love, the love?

No.1Hingis
May 24th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Im a 100% Martina's fan.. but.. I always had though that.. well... William sister had an history ... and Martina is part of it.. at same side.. WS are part of Martina's history.. so.. RESPECT I guess... and well.. you cant ask me to love Venus.. but.. certanly... I dont hate her .. nothing like that.. is a player.. and come on is a sport.. hope both come back the tennis they used to play when were 20.. and welcome back Venus... the Women tour is gonna be so great this year... is exicting and YOU GUYS COULD BE SURE THAT EVERY PLAYER IS GONNA FIGHT TO LIMITES.. CAUSE IF THE TOP TEN LET AN LITTLE OPEN DOOR.. MARTINA OR VENUS CAN WIN THEM.. Not more show from any player ( ret. in GS)...

Il Primo!
May 24th, 2006, 03:12 PM
I don't dislike Martina but I can't love her,technically impossible :shrug:

tennisjay
May 24th, 2006, 03:16 PM
I agree completely. With the return of these two it is making the wta tour more exciting again.

new-york
May 24th, 2006, 03:25 PM
respect is due to everyone. cool intention.

Helen Lawson
May 24th, 2006, 03:26 PM
We're getting a Part 2 of nice rivalry that we might never have had the chance to see, so enjoy it!

Aquanetta
May 24th, 2006, 03:50 PM
STOP THE FIGHTING:Love Venus and Martina....

If some people stopped, they'd have no reason left to post here. In some cases that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Dawn Marie
May 24th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Tennis is a unique sport. It's individual and the ladies start off young. This isn't 1997-1999 anymore. Venus and Martina are not getting any younger. They both have had mental and physical injuries. So the fans of both imho should cherish these matches in their mature tennis years. Venus and Martina have had a certain rivalry since they both came upon the scene. I am going to cherish their matches head to head and their individual matches also. This is why I was so happy to see Vee win in 2005 and am happy for Hingis in 06.

Couver
May 24th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Wonderful thread. I think both Venus and Martina deserve a ton of respect, and while they aren't best friends I think the brashness both had when they were young has given way to a mutal respect. Something I wish some fans of either side could see, but I suppose it's easier to villanize one or the other. But I'm glad to see there are those out there who don't think like this.

go hingis
May 25th, 2006, 02:42 AM
Nicely Said! Good To see them both back and with great determination to play their best.

F-R-E-A-K
May 25th, 2006, 02:46 AM
:yeah: Allez!

GracefulVenus
May 25th, 2006, 05:22 AM
If some people stopped, they'd have no reason left to post here. In some cases that wouldn't be a bad thing.
Not really Aquanetta. Just wanting everyone who loves womens tennis (just about everyone on the board) to take a pause from posting and cherrish these awesome moments we are having by watching these ladies play again...................i'm just sentimental like that.......

vwfan
May 25th, 2006, 12:43 PM
They've certainly brought some much needed spark and personality to the tour!

It will be great to see them playing for their place in history. Neither will want to be eclipsed by the other. Right now they're in a dead heat as the most accomplished active player on tour with five slams each.

Who will get their next slam first and inch ahead? Who will finally pull ahead decisively in the h2h? Who will next pull victory out of the jaws of defeat? Who will give the most witty interview?

We are lucky to see the rivalry play itself out and I am looking forward to some great matches.

That all said, I must say that Hingis brings out the worse in Venus' tennis, whereas the Davenport rivalry brings out Venus' best tennis. In that respect, I am not enthused ever about the matchups, but since Venus leads 8-2 in the last ten matchups, I can be gracious.