PDA

View Full Version : YAY! I found a double-standard!

VeeDaQueen
May 24th, 2006, 06:12 AM
People hate Petrova for playing "every" tournament, but in fact, she has played the same amount as Martina Hingis! But yet no one points out that Martina is playing a lot.

LoveFifteen
May 24th, 2006, 06:16 AM
People hate Petrova for playing "every" tournament, but in fact, she has played the same amount as Martina Hingis! But yet no one points out that Martina is playing a lot.

Geez, who the hell does Martina think she is?! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Randriantastic!
May 24th, 2006, 06:17 AM
Actually, I think when Martina first revealed her early season schedule (Sydney, Melbourne, Tokyo, Middle East, IW, Miami), people were rather concerned. And in the past, people were critical of how Martina was #1 despite her lack of GS success by winning lots of Tier Is/IIs. So I don't really think it's a double standard.

We just love Martina more than Nads. :)

PLP
May 24th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Playing 20 tournaments a year should be the norm, shouldn' t it??

Junex
May 24th, 2006, 06:22 AM
Once again, does nadia really have haters?

or did i miss the bus?... :confuse:

Mother_Marjorie
May 24th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Double standards at WTAWorld aren't hard to find.

LoveFifteen
May 24th, 2006, 06:33 AM
It's absurd to compare Nadia and Hingis. Hingis is on a comeback trying depserately to get her ranking up. Also, Hingis has been bounced early in several tournaments because she's drawn a big gun early (Sydney, Miami, Warsaw).

AyumiMorita
May 24th, 2006, 06:35 AM
nadia isn't likeable

darrinbaker00
May 24th, 2006, 06:40 AM
I could be wrong, but I don't think a lot of people here care enough about Nadia Petrova to have strong feelings one way or the other about her.

Reuchlin
May 24th, 2006, 06:41 AM
I googled a couple lines and nothing.

russophile
May 24th, 2006, 06:51 AM
at least nadia wins most of the tournaments she enters

LoveFifteen
May 24th, 2006, 06:53 AM

Please, oh please, don't tell me that was supposed to be insulting Hingis! :rolleyes:

Randriantastic!
May 24th, 2006, 06:54 AM
5 out of 154 :eek: That's amazing, GO NADS!

bellascarlett
May 24th, 2006, 07:01 AM
Please, oh please, don't tell me that was supposed to be insulting Hingis! :rolleyes:
:lol: sounded like it did but hopefully not for the poster's sake. i mean nadia just started winning tournies...hello...

and yeah i've always been of the opinion that i dont think nadia has haters. too much of a compliment lol...just kidding. maybe not... ;)

Martian Stacey
May 24th, 2006, 07:01 AM
5 out of 154 :eek: That's amazing, GO NADS!
:haha:

Even though they've played the same amount of tournaments, Nadia has still played more matches ;)

Also, if she hadn't pulled out of Rome at the last minute, she would have played more than Martina ;)

faboozadoo15
May 24th, 2006, 07:20 AM
the only time anyone would think negatively of nadia because of her playing a lot of tournaments are her fans who are thinking of her health and those fans of other players who nadia is passing in the rankings.

i myself do this when i look at the rankings. as a fan of sharapova, i see that nadia has passed her a little bit, but i also look at how many more tournaments nadia has in her total, and i know maria will get back on top when her schedule (past 52 weeks) fills out more.

Randriantastic!
May 24th, 2006, 07:25 AM
the only time anyone would think negatively of nadia because of her playing a lot of tournaments are her fans who are thinking of her health and those fans of other players who nadia is passing in the rankings.

i myself do this when i look at the rankings. as a fan of sharapova, i see that nadia has passed her a little bit, but i also look at how many more tournaments nadia has in her total, and i know maria will get back on top when her schedule (past 52 weeks) fills out more.
Oh, cupcake, not everyone is as sweet as you are. ;) Run along and have a lollipop. ;)

As someone wise once said: There are people out there called haters, and we need to try to give them some po-si-ti-vi-ty.

watrat
May 24th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Nadia isn't alone in playing lots of tournaments. Patty, Daniela, ALG, Flavia to name a few play just the same (or even more) number of tournaments than Nadia. Because Nadia is lately winning them more and her face is all over the news it is perceived she is playing all the time.

True winner in the category Constantly on the WTA tour is YULIANA FEDAK who entered 32 tounaments last year (past 52 weeks).

Dani12
May 24th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Stop the hating!

furrykitten
May 24th, 2006, 09:03 AM
On the plus side, Nadia has a rock solid Jaw, she should could be a pro boxer.

go hingis
May 25th, 2006, 04:01 AM
No, I don't think you have. Before Martina's retirement people always complained that she played too much. When she realesed her schedule this year, people complained that she played too much. At the end of the year when Martina's number 1. People are going to say it's because she played too much.

Everyone is different. Martina has said many times she needs and likes to have match practice.

I think fans of players who can't play a full season (some in their whole careers) are the one's to complain. Now if Martina only entered 9 tournaments a year, I would be bored and complaining about bullshit too.

russophile
May 25th, 2006, 11:25 AM
i meant this year
and i wasn't thinking of insulting the great swiss
but whatever you think