PDA

View Full Version : The Roland Garros Chat Thread!

UDACHi
May 23rd, 2006, 11:41 PM
This is where we can come and chat about Elena during the fortnight. :D DOes anyone know when the main draw comes out?

5 days til the event. Good luck, Elena! :banana: :aparty:

UDACHi
May 24th, 2006, 02:34 AM
http://www.eurosport.com/tennis/roland-garros/2006/mc_vid25411.shtml

To get us in the mood. :hearts: :worship:

space_gracie
May 24th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Yeah! it was a nice interview...:D

UDACHi
May 24th, 2006, 08:07 PM
4 days. :hearts:

Where's the draw? :fiery:

P.L.B.
May 25th, 2006, 07:17 AM
The draw is tomorrow, methinks...

Dementinator
May 25th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Lets hope ELena gets a bit of cannon fodder for the first couple of matches ,once she gets rolling then anythings possible ,its the first round that always worries methe most....

strato
May 25th, 2006, 01:10 PM
I'm going to Benny Berthet exhibition on Saturday. :bounce:
I hope to see Lena training somewhere in the stadium... ;)

TiK-Tee
May 26th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Wait the draw come out today :D

~~*Elena.D*~~
May 26th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Bad draw :sad:

1st Sucha
2nd Kutuzova/King
3rd Peer
R16 Hingis!!!
QF Clijsters
SF JHH/Petrova

SloKid
May 26th, 2006, 12:26 PM
The draw is a mess, compare the top half to the bottom one. A disgrace.

No Name Face
May 26th, 2006, 12:30 PM
i KNEW mauresmo was gonna get sharapova in her half. i was just hoping lenaD could make it up there. :sad: she would have too, if not for mary :mad:

mary withdrawing was a way to sabotage elena's RG chances, i knew it!

~~*Elena.D*~~
May 26th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Oh Mary :mad:

Dementinator
May 26th, 2006, 01:00 PM
what else can one expeect from the Queen of Drama and Bollocks! she knew way back in 1946 that she wasnt gonna play this years RG ,but Oh NO! the world waits for Mary to make up her dumb mind....oh well ,there we go...

udachi Elena
May 26th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Elena hardest draw!!! but will make the win so much sweeter

Danči Dementia
May 26th, 2006, 06:09 PM
what else can one expeect from the Queen of Drama and Bollocks! she knew way back in 1946 that she wasnt gonna play this years RG ,but Oh NO! the world waits for Mary to make up her dumb mind....oh well ,there we go...
one more reason to add on the list of why we hate Mary "mouse" Pierce :mad: I think that the decisive piont is going to be if she manages to beat Hingis she will get the necesary confidence that she needs to beat clijsters I'm just hoping to see our queen to do well at RG (this year more that ever I hope she can win)

UDACHi
May 26th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Going to post the same thing I did in the other thread:

Basically, she should get to the 4R, winning her first 2 matches easily. Then, life gets tough. She's gotta bring the heat. Not sure if I like this draw or not. It allows Elena to play herself into form, but it sucks she'll have 2 rounds of suckiness, then a really underrated claycourter, than BAM! Top players! Certainly being dealt Hingis in the 4R is tough. This draw reminds me a bit of Melbourne, so she's gotta approach it differently.

Fearful Jesuit
May 26th, 2006, 09:28 PM
I'm glad she'll play Martina Sucha...I can write silly puns like "such a victory" and so...
gosh my brain needs some rest...

Danči Dementia
May 27th, 2006, 07:23 PM
I'm glad she'll play Martina Sucha...I can write silly puns like "such a victory" and so...
gosh my brain needs some rest...
:lol: :lol: well dont worry my brain need rest too did't you see what I wrote "she will get the necessary confidence that she needs" this is stupid rigth :rolleyes: :rolleyes: or I was correct :rolleyes: get the necessary confidence that she needs Ok :rolleyes: :rolleyes: anyway

DAVAI LENA :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

UDACHi
May 27th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Does anyone know what style of play Martina has? Hardhitter, serve and volleyer, something else?

Meteor Shower
May 27th, 2006, 09:47 PM
I have a feeling lena will do really well here. Good luck girl!

where are all the people from 2004-5 cheering threads? E.D, me*love*lenad,mooint(sp) ?

Mathijs
May 27th, 2006, 11:03 PM
I have a feeling lena will do really well here. Good luck girl!

where are all the people from 2004-5 cheering threads? E.D, me*love*lenad,mooint(sp) ?

ASAP :bigwave:

Northa here :) although i have changed my name from northernlight into Alta´r last October it's still the same old me ;)

The others are around, at least Steph but she's busy now i guess

bout the others: i haven't got a clue how they're doing, haven't heard anything from them in a very long time :sad:

I wish i could spend more time on the board these days, but my exams are coming up and it demands alot of my time these days...

I still remember our convo's around here, brings me lots of good memories and joy :haha:

parn2257
May 28th, 2006, 08:29 AM
well good luck to you lena!!!
I just hope this time you will do well than any other year
plz win this GS

UDACHi
May 28th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Court 1 11:00
1. Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Jarmila Gajdosova (SVK) vs Stephanie Cohen-Aloro (FRA)
2. Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Michael Llodra (FRA) vs Radek Stepanek (CZE)[11]
3. Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
James Blake (USA)[8] vs Paradorn Srichaphan (THA)
4. Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Elena Dementieva (RUS)[6] vs Martina Sucha (SVK)

Davai. :rocker2:

Danči Dementia
May 28th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Court 1 11:00
1. Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Jarmila Gajdosova (SVK) vs Stephanie Cohen-Aloro (FRA)
2. Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Michael Llodra (FRA) vs Radek Stepanek (CZE)[11]
3. Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
James Blake (USA)[8] vs Paradorn Srichaphan (THA)
4. Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Elena Dementieva (RUS)[6] vs Martina Sucha (SVK)

Davai. :rocker2:

until the fourth turn :eek: I mean the organizacer pu schynder in the center court :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I hope she doesn't fel like she is important or something I'm imagine and endless battle between Blake and Paradorn, Paradorn's matches are long long long.......................anyway

DAVAI LENA :bounce: :bounce:

Danči Dementia
May 28th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Does anyone know what style of play Martina has? Hardhitter, serve and volleyer, something else?
I thing she does............................. everything of that???? well personally I do not like her volleys .

TiK-Tee
May 28th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Go Lena :bounce:

UDACHi
May 30th, 2006, 09:05 PM
http://eurosport.com/tennis/roland-garros/2006/mc_vid25578.shtml

Two points from the Sucha match are shown about 25 seconds into the vid.

Meteor Shower
Jun 1st, 2006, 02:57 PM
ASAP :bigwave:

Northa here :) although i have changed my name from northernlight into Alta´r last October it's still the same old me ;)

The others are around, at least Steph but she's busy now i guess

bout the others: i haven't got a clue how they're doing, haven't heard anything from them in a very long time :sad:

I wish i could spend more time on the board these days, but my exams are coming up and it demands alot of my time these days...

I still remember our convo's around here, brings me lots of good memories and joy :haha:

northa :wavey: :D :lol:
how are you doing? good luck in the exams! study hard but don't take the results too seriously.. its not healthy!

Yeah I remember it too. I love the funny-strange conversations!
too bad they are not here, Lena needs our support more than ever to win her first slam :) hopefully when she'll win it they will come back.

Good luck today.
Hopefully a dream 3rd round (for me) against Shahar Peer :bounce:

azmad_88
Jun 1st, 2006, 03:31 PM
since when we are at wimbledon...

waiting waiting and waiting!!....

UDACHi
Jun 1st, 2006, 08:46 PM
She's down 1-5 to Kutuzova.

You got this, girlie.

Alenyaa
Jun 2nd, 2006, 11:31 AM
northa :wavey: :D :lol:
how are you doing? good luck in the exams! study hard but don't take the results too seriously.. its not healthy!

Yeah I remember it too. I love the funny-strange conversations!
too bad they are not here, Lena needs our support more than ever to win her first slam :) hopefully when she'll win it they will come back.

Good luck today.
Hopefully a dream 3rd round (for me) against Shahar Peer :bounce:
Well, let's just say there've been certain individuals who tried their very best to turn the Fan Club into a thread of hatred. Be it towards Lena, other players or members of this board. And they succeeded to some extend.
And now that the damage has been done, we haven't seen them anymore, actually. Maybe this place will heal eventually :lol: