PDA

View Full Version : roland garros 2006

azdaja
May 23rd, 2006, 05:59 PM
it's just a few days away. ana reached qfs last year. that means she has 174 points to defend. she must more than just live up to her seeding, she must go 2 rounds beyond that just to defend her points. i'm curious whether she will be able to play as good as before her injury.

go ana! :bounce:

G~Playa
May 23rd, 2006, 10:38 PM
Really depends on the draw..i hope she can defend her points..

Solitaire
May 24th, 2006, 04:52 AM
Best of Luck to Ana. Hopefully the injury hasent effected her too much.

Langers
May 24th, 2006, 05:28 AM
Tough ask to defend her points especially considering her injury. However if she gets a good draw then Iím confident she can have a good tournament. Letís hope she and Kirilenko have a successful doubles tournament too. Good luck Ana! :yeah:

azdaja
May 24th, 2006, 10:26 AM
i think she won't play doubles here, her and maria will play together in wimbledon.

Langers
May 24th, 2006, 10:33 AM
i think she won't play doubles here, her and maria will play together in wimbledon.
Oh really? So is she not participating in the doubles at all, or just not teaming up with Maria?

azdaja
May 24th, 2006, 10:36 AM
i only know this from an interview and she said she would only play singles here.

Ana&Jelena Fan
May 24th, 2006, 11:03 AM
I hope she will have decent draw, and it means she wouldn`t play in the third round against Martina, Sveta or Dinara...

~lollipop_girl~
May 24th, 2006, 02:24 PM
If she isn't playing doubles then she will have more energy and time to concentrate on singles so that is a good sign... The draw will mean everything obviously so I won't say what I think her chances are till I see the draw but I am really worried about the QF coz of the injury but as long as Ana is happy with her performance I will be too! ;)

What about mixed with Nole... Will that be happening?

azdaja
May 24th, 2006, 03:05 PM
What about mixed with Nole... Will that be happening?
good question :confused: but i don't really know what's djokovic doing anyway, so i have no idea.

azdaja
May 24th, 2006, 04:39 PM
the seedings were announced and ana will be the 20th seed. i suppose the seeds will be placed as usual, which means that ana would meet the first top 16 seed in the 4th round and it will be the seed number 14 ana-lena grŲnefeld. if she wins in the 4th round she would get to play number 1 seed amelie mauresmo in the qfs.

well, at least regarding higher ranked players things are not looking that bad, i think. we will see what the draw will look like in the end, of course. and i don't know what happens if any of the players withdraws over next couple of days.

Joana
May 24th, 2006, 05:56 PM
the seedings were announced and ana will be the 20th seed. i suppose the seeds will be placed as usual, which means that ana would meet the first top 16 seed in the 4th round and it will be the seed number 14 ana-lena grŲnefeld. if she wins in the 4th round she would get to play number 1 seed amelie mauresmo in the qfs.

She will meet a 9-16 seed in 3rd round, and then if she wins a 1-8 seed in the 4th.
It's tough but all depends on the draw, and of course, how fit and healthy Ana is.

Jenny.C.Fan
May 24th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Go ana :)

xcrtbckhnd
May 24th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Good luck Ana!!! I still believe that she can improve her year end ranking over last year. Hopefully she will play some of the US hard court tournaments before the US Open. I hope she goes to New Haven and I can see her there especially!!! I feel like I have been waiting all year for Ana to surprise us with a string of upset wins and a really big result. I see no reason that couldn't happen here.

I am a little shocked that Ana has yet to make a semifinal of any tournament yet this year! Hopefully she will make that happen at RG!

azdaja
May 26th, 2006, 11:48 AM
well, the draw is out now and ana will play against stosur in the first round (time for revenge) and in the 3rd round against myskina. then possibly henin-hadrenne in the 4th round. that's gonna be tough.

~lollipop_girl~
May 26th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Yeah Ana has a really hard draw... I hope she can do well and be happy with how she plays at least!

Leopold Stotch
May 26th, 2006, 03:26 PM
First pic from this years Roland Garros courtesy of Tenis Srbija (http://www.tenissrbija.co.sr/).

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8307/veselasrpskadruzinarolandgarro.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
From left to right V.Troicki & I.Bozoljac & A.Ivanovic & A.Timotic supporting Dusan Vemic during his qualifier match

azdaja
May 26th, 2006, 05:31 PM
some of the pics had already been posted in general messages, but i will post them here as well coz i really like them.

link to the gallery:
http://gallery.lawntennisnews.com/thumbnails.php?album=142

http://gallery.lawntennisnews.com/albums/rg2006-pre/23-05-06_rg180.jpg

http://gallery.lawntennisnews.com/albums/rg2006-pre/23-05-06_rg187.jpg

http://gallery.lawntennisnews.com/albums/rg2006-pre/23-05-06_rg223.jpg

http://gallery.lawntennisnews.com/albums/rg2006-pre/23-05-06_rg234.jpg

http://gallery.lawntennisnews.com/albums/rg2006-pre/IMG_2748.jpg

http://gallery.lawntennisnews.com/albums/rg2006-pre/IMG_2750.jpg

http://gallery.lawntennisnews.com/albums/rg2006-pre/IMG_2751.jpg

http://gallery.lawntennisnews.com/albums/rg2006-pre/IMG_2754.jpg

http://gallery.lawntennisnews.com/albums/rg2006-pre/IMG_2760.jpg

the original thread here:
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=237743

Leopold Stotch
May 26th, 2006, 05:48 PM
i hope she keeps that nice smile well into the second week.

MARYANGEL
May 26th, 2006, 10:34 PM
I found this at her webside:~"
http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=diary&detailpage=78"

Anas' wrote:

I feel great!
Posted at: May 25, 2006

We arrived in Paris on Sunday. I am really excited to be here! Practice is going very well. I feel great! I have completely recovered from the injury. I am practising every day and doing some light conditioning work.

Our hotel is close to the Arc de Triomphe, which is a perfect location for going out in the evenings. It is great to go to a restaurant to relax after spending the day at the club.

Paris is definitely one of my favourite cities in Europe. Itís really lovely. In the night there is a lot of beautiful lights near the Eiffel Tower and many places to visit. The only bad thing is that the weather is not good! It is very cold and windy and even it has been raining. But I think it will get better in the next few days.

I am really looking forward to playing this tournament. I have great memories from last year. Also it is a great opportunity for me at a Grand Slam. I definitely didnít play my best tennis at the Australian Open so I am even more determined to take this chance.

I will write to you again when the tournament starts.

Take care
Ana

Sounds that she is fine and ready; good look in Paris ;) :D

Solitaire
May 27th, 2006, 04:51 AM
Ana does have good memories playing at the FO so that always helps. Sammy is going to be tough but Ana is far better on clay and I expect her to win.

G~Playa
May 27th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Thanks, Nice Pictures!

I Doubt She'll Get To QF's This Year, After I Saw The Draw :sad:

azdaja
May 27th, 2006, 03:16 PM
i don't think we should care too much about the draw. we want ana to be able to win against anyone and we should welcome every opportunity she gets to do so.

i just hope she will play enough tournaments in the second half of the year. her ranking now is based on just 15 and she had some crappy results there.

xcrtbckhnd
May 28th, 2006, 01:26 AM
I am hoping Ana can at least get to the 4th round, but Myskina will be tough. Everything past that is just gravy for me. Good luck Ana - just win the whole thing, okay?

gillibean
May 28th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Best of luck to Ana!!!

Ana&Jelena Fan
May 30th, 2006, 01:03 PM
I was scared before 1st round because Sam won in their last match and she plays very good. Ana had troubles with injuries and she has to defend a lot of points here and this could be preassure for her. But...

This was awesome. Great match! Good luck in 2nd round!

Solitaire
May 30th, 2006, 01:27 PM
WoW Ana really gave Sammy a spanking well done. I guess she's feeling a lot better. :)

Langers
May 30th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Great win Ana! She looked great out there today; never have Sam an opportunity to get into the match. Here ground strokes were so incredibly powerful today, and more importantly very accurate. However probably the most pleasing thing in my view was her play at the net. She normally isnít the best at volleys, but today she was making everything, she was getting down low and really putting away everything at the net. Her serving was also on song today, just a great all round performance.

Well done Ana! :yeah:

azdaja
May 30th, 2006, 03:09 PM
i'm really feeling that score :drool:

cool stuff, coming back home from the uni and seeing this result. i hope she can keep on playing like this. i don't see why she shouldn't be able to compete with top players. she should.

go girl! :bounce:

xcrtbckhnd
May 31st, 2006, 02:19 AM
Keep it going Ana- one down, six to go now! ;-)

~lollipop_girl~
May 31st, 2006, 01:53 PM
From what I have read, her head was in the right place and she thought about constructing the points, that is the biggest improvement I feel she could have made to her game! I like this new temp. coach so I hope she keeps him around! I'm really proud to be a fan! :D

azdaja
May 31st, 2006, 05:23 PM
tomorrow:

LENGLEN 11:00 Start
Women's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Ana Ivanovic (SCG)[19]
vs. Emilie Loit (FRA)

Joana
May 31st, 2006, 05:39 PM
So, the match will definitely be shown on RTS, but I probably won't be able to see it. :sad:

BTW, you can watch that match on the Internet as RTS has live feed. It's here (http://www.rts.co.yu/rts2uzivo.ram) . :)

azdaja
May 31st, 2006, 05:42 PM
So, the match will definitely be shown on RTS, but I probably won't be able to see it. :sad:

BTW, you can watch that match on the Internet as RTS has live feed. It's here (http://www.rts.co.yu/rts2uzivo.ram) . :)
coolio, thanks.

i should go to the uni, but i might decide to stay here and watch the match :o if ana wins in about an hour or so i could still go, though. please, ana, do something for my education :devil:

nouf
May 31st, 2006, 05:43 PM
i have a ticket for lenghlen i will try to take full of photos

MARYANGEL
Jun 1st, 2006, 03:21 AM
Can Somebody Record The Second Round Match, Because Espn2 Is Not Showing It.
:wavey: :angel: :eek:

Joana
Jun 1st, 2006, 09:59 AM
coolio, thanks.

i should go to the uni, but i might decide to stay here and watch the match :o if ana wins in about an hour or so i could still go, though. please, ana, do something for my education :devil:

She heard you. :p

azdaja
Jun 1st, 2006, 10:04 AM
She heard you. :p
yep! thanks, ana, with your support i will even become a good student :worship: :o

the rts stream was funny, i think the sound was delayed. but it was good to see ana play.

good luck in the next round! :bounce:

Solitaire
Jun 1st, 2006, 10:08 AM
Ana is playing great so far. It's awesome how her first two matches were blow outs. Next up will prob be Myskina and she's playing well too.

Langers
Jun 1st, 2006, 10:46 AM
Wow Ana is off to an awesome start to the tournament! :yeah:

Myskina will be an extremely tough match; itís a pity she has to face her so early. Myskina has also been in great touch, I saw her first round match and she was hitting the ball as clean as Iíve seen. Good luck Ana!

~lollipop_girl~
Jun 1st, 2006, 12:58 PM
YAYAYAYAYAY ANA..... Clay may be ur least fav surface but you are damn good on it! ;) Two breadsticks today and sweet revenge two days ago, jeez, our girl has been getting hungry lately! :D
Myskina will be tough, but certainly doable!

Langers
Jun 1st, 2006, 05:00 PM
So how does everyone think Ana will fare against Myskina? Ana has been superb in her first two matches and is enjoying some of the best form of her career. She just hasnít let either opponent into the match, completely blowing them off the court. Her next game will be the big test. Itís unfortunate sheís in such a tough section of the draw, having to face a red hot Myskina in the third round is very unlucky for a 19th seed. Then if she is to get through, Henin will most likely be waiting.

So how do you think sheíll go against Myskina, think she can continue her form and get through to the Round of 16? :)

azdaja
Jun 1st, 2006, 05:14 PM
i feel very positive about ana's game actually. i'm not too bothered that she has tough opponents to handle, in fact i'm liking it. she can beat anyone when her game is on, and it seems right now this is the case.

Langers
Jun 1st, 2006, 05:25 PM
i feel very positive about ana's game actually. i'm not too bothered that she has tough opponents to handle, in fact i'm liking it. she can beat anyone when her game is on, and it seems right now this is the case.
Yeh I like youíre thinking, why not look positively on her next match! She's in great form and as you said she's as good as it gets when she's on. The only negative thing is that she has a lot of ranking points to defend so hopefully she can keep up this form.

Ana&Jelena Fan
Jun 2nd, 2006, 08:20 AM
If Ana wants to defend last year qf she has to win last two champions. :eek:

Ana played excellent, but this will be tougher match and Ana got into 3rd round very easy and this could be problem mentally. But, Ana is obviously better player than Nastya and I am optimistic.

Solitaire
Jun 2nd, 2006, 10:44 AM
So how does everyone think Ana will fare against Myskina? Ana has been superb in her first two matches and is enjoying some of the best form of her career. She just hasnít let either opponent into the match, completely blowing them off the court. Her next game will be the big test. Itís unfortunate sheís in such a tough section of the draw, having to face a red hot Myskina in the third round is very unlucky for a 19th seed. Then if she is to get through, Henin will most likely be waiting.

So how do you think sheíll go against Myskina, think she can continue her form and get through to the Round of 16? :)

I think its going to be a tough match. Both ladies are playing well and haven't struggled in their previous matches. Myskina has the kind of game that could bother Ana. Spitting all Ana's balls back and forcing her into erros. I'm thinking it's going to be a tough 3 setter. If Ana continues to play like she has been up to this point she should come out on top.

~lollipop_girl~
Jun 2nd, 2006, 11:13 AM
Both of them will need to rely on their mentality in this match... Will be a great test for both, no doubt, so I can't wait for it... I think Ana can certainly make this her match! This time last year and she beat Mauresmo so anything is possible when our girl is involved! :yeah:
Positive thinking is the key people! :p

azdaja
Jun 2nd, 2006, 01:29 PM
does anyone think myskina is playing as well as she did when she won the rg? i don't.

FedExpress
Jun 2nd, 2006, 02:58 PM
does anyone think myskina is playing as well as she did when she won the rg? i don't.

I don't know she has maybe changed some things in her game. On the other side it is not the same as she was playing against Elena who is a friend of her and it was a final and now it's Ana and it's 'only' the 3rd round. After saying that I think it won't be the same Nastya from 2004 but it will be a great match (I hope so :lol: )

azdaja
Jun 2nd, 2006, 03:46 PM
tomorrow:
Court 1 11:00 Start
Women's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Ana Ivanovic (SCG)[19]
vs. Anastasia Myskina (RUS)[10]
:bounce:

Belco
Jun 2nd, 2006, 05:56 PM
ana in 2 sets :bounce:

Solitaire
Jun 3rd, 2006, 10:26 AM
Well Ana played a sloppy match and Myskina made her pay for it. :sad: Ana played so well in her frist 2 matches. She just kind of fell apart against Myskina. I thought this match was going to be a lot closer than it was. :sobbing:

Ana&Jelena Fan
Jun 3rd, 2006, 10:34 AM
ana in 2 sets :bounce:

Right. So sorry for Ana.

azdaja
Jun 3rd, 2006, 10:41 AM
oh well. this just isn't good enough.

incognito
Jun 3rd, 2006, 01:01 PM
What happened? Did anyone get to see the match? Didn't expect such a scoreline, considering how she played the two previous matches...

Langers
Jun 3rd, 2006, 01:49 PM
Just watched the game on tape, and I have to say that is one of the most disappointing performances from Ivanovic I have seen. Right from the word go she just wasnít on today, you could see it wasnít going to be her day. Now in my opinion there are a few main areas of concern in her game.

1. Movement. At this stage she just simply does not move well enough. She often struggles to get into rallies when the opponent hits a good shot. Some other players have the ability to get back into the point through hard running or defensive shots, she struggles as her lack of ability doesnít allow her to get back into the point. Her coach needs to seriously look to help her improve in this area as itís costing her at the moment.

2. Decision Making/Unforced Errors. Right from the word go she tried to hit Myskina out of the game. In her current from Myskina is getting everything back, so itís virtually impossible to hit as many winners as Ana would have liked. Instead of trying to get into the game and get a feel for the match, she just tried to hit winner after winner. Far too many unforced errors, the final tally was a little above 35. Thatís inexcusable, for someone of Anaís talent you shouldnít be making that many errors.
Another thing Iíve noticed is that Ana seems to relax a little after hitting a powerful groundstroke, but Myskina gets everything back so you cannot afford to take it easy. Youíve got to keep working until the point is yours.

In saying all that Myskina is in unbelievable form, she is well and truly back to her best. However Ana didnít even provide a contest today, she was just off the boil right from the beginning. Hopefully she can improve in her next outing.

~lollipop_girl~
Jun 3rd, 2006, 01:50 PM
Waaaaay to many UEs she had 14 in just the 1st 5 games of the match... Beside the movement, that is where her game falls apart and she was doing really well keeping them under control in the last two matches but today the balls were going everyone... Oh well, at least she isn't injured anymore!

Lets hope Nole can pull another big upset and make Ana feel a bit better by winning!

azdaja
Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:51 PM
well, i hope she will be more lucky at ordina open and in wimbledon. but her ranking will drop again. she lost more than 100 points. i really hope she plays some tournaments in july if only for that reason.

Leopold Stotch
Jun 3rd, 2006, 03:01 PM
Just watched the game on tape, and I have to say that is one of the most disappointing performances from Ivanovic I have seen. Right from the word go she just wasnít on today, you could see it wasnít going to be her day. Now in my opinion there are a few main areas of concern in her game.

1. Movement. At this stage she just simply does not move well enough. She often struggles to get into rallies when the opponent hits a good shot. Some other players have the ability to get back into the point through hard running or defensive shots, she struggles as her lack of ability doesnít allow her to get back into the point. Her coach needs to seriously look to help her improve in this area as itís costing her at the moment.

2. Decision Making/Unforced Errors. Right from the word go she tried to hit Myskina out of the game. In her current from Myskina is getting everything back, so itís virtually impossible to hit as many winners as Ana would have liked. Instead of trying to get into the game and get a feel for the match, she just tried to hit winner after winner. Far too many unforced errors, the final tally was a little above 35. Thatís inexcusable, for someone of Anaís talent you shouldnít be making that many errors.
Another thing Iíve noticed is that Ana seems to relax a little after hitting a powerful groundstroke, but Myskina gets everything back so you cannot afford to take it easy. Youíve got to keep working until the point is yours.

In saying all that Myskina is in unbelievable form, she is well and truly back to her best. However Ana didnít even provide a contest today, she was just off the boil right from the beginning. Hopefully she can improve in her next outing.

I disagree.

1. Movement
Everyone is going on about Ana's lack of mobility. She's not the fastest but I think she moves quite well. It is her anticipation that's not quite there yet. She waits for her opponent to play the shot before reacting instead of anticipating where it will go like the top players do. She isn't reading the game as well as she could. Possibly a consequence of the regimented approach of her previous coaching team.

2. Decision Making/Unforced Errors.
Today, Myskina stood well back and completely neutralized Ana's two biggest strengths: the forehand and the serve. Ana should have drawn her deeper so that the forehand could be more effective. Poor tactics on her part. Her serve is on the way to becoming the best but still lacks consistency. Several areas to improve in but still a regular top 20 player and nowhere near to peaking. That says it all.

Langers
Jun 3rd, 2006, 03:55 PM
1. Movement
Everyone is going on about Ana's lack of mobility. She's not the fastest but I think she moves quite well. It is her anticipation that's not quite there yet. She waits for her opponent to play the shot before reacting instead of anticipating where it will go like the top players do. She isn't reading the game as well as she could. Possibly a consequence of the regimented approach of her previous coaching team.
And with good reason too. Every time her opponent throws in a drop shot, chances are she will struggle to get into the point. Fair enough her anticipation may not be there yet, but I genuinely believe that itís not so much of the problem here. There's no doubt her movement is an area of concern and one that needs to be looked at, because in my view itís holding her back at the moment.

MARYANGEL
Jun 3rd, 2006, 04:44 PM

Can you upload this match pls...

Joana
Jun 3rd, 2006, 05:58 PM
Blah, bad match. It was clear from the start that it wasn't her day and she didn't do anything to spoil Myskina's party. What really pissed me off is that she had chances midway through the 2nd set but she kept hitting the returns of serve out. :rolleyes: Anastasia played a great and very smart match and deserves all credit, but Ana really should have put more of a fight there.

Langers
Jun 6th, 2006, 11:33 AM
I found this interesting:

ďI improved a lot on my movement,Ē Ana said. ďI can run a lot better. It was not the case against Myskina though, because I was a little bit tense.

Itís pleasing to see sheís aware that she needed improvement in this aspect and has been working on it.

~lollipop_girl~
Jun 6th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Thats one of the best things about Ana... She is always aware of what she is doing wrong and needs to improve on! :yeah:

azdaja
Jun 6th, 2006, 01:09 PM
well, i think we can all agree that she did improve compared to the last year, not just regarding her movement. hopefully good results will follow.

but djokovic is doing great, if that makes ana or any of her fans happy :p

~lollipop_girl~
Jun 6th, 2006, 01:45 PM
well, i think we can all agree that she did improve compared to the last year, not just regarding her movement. hopefully good results will follow.

but djokovic is doing great, if that makes ana or any of her fans happy :p
It makes me VERY VERY happy and I'm sure Ana is proud too! But now he plays Nadal! :sad: Would be great if he could win! :D :angel:

Would Ana still be there watching/supporting him? :confused:

azdaja
Jun 6th, 2006, 01:54 PM
according to her website she's already in back home in belgrade.

pics of him and monfils after he won are kinda funny. shaking hands would have been enough.

~lollipop_girl~
Jun 6th, 2006, 02:35 PM
according to her website she's already in back home in belgrade.

pics of him and monfils after he won are kinda funny. shaking hands would have been enough.
Lol, how stupid... I just read her entry before posting that! :o

Jenny.C.Fan
Jun 6th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Nole is doing amazingly right now :)

G~Playa
Jun 7th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Yeah, He Surprised Me..

azdaja
Jun 7th, 2006, 01:08 PM
with his loss to nadal that's over now, but still a good tournament for him.

i hope the next time i will be able to say that about ana.

FedExpress
Jun 7th, 2006, 01:14 PM
with his loss to nadal that's over now, but still a good tournament for him.

i hope the next time i will be able to say that about ana.

Yes it was. He really surprised me with his wins against Haas and Monfils. I think he's good player and has a lot of confidence now. I wish him luck for the Grass season (Don't beat my faves :p ).

Ana was a little unlucky with her draw against Nastya but I think she can play a better tournament in Wimbledon.

~lollipop_girl~
Jun 7th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Yes it was. He really surprised me with his wins against Haas and Monfils. I think he's good player and has a lot of confidence now. I wish him luck for the Grass season (Don't beat my faves :p ).

Ana was a little unlucky with her draw against Nastya but I think she can play a better tournament in Wimbledon.
Don't forget he beat the number 9 seed Gonzalez (something like that) too! :D
Ana can take confidence from Nole's success and try to go one better then him! :p

FedExpress
Jun 7th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Don't forget he beat the number 9 seed Gonzalez (something like that) too! :D
Ana can take confidence from Nole's success and try to go one better then him! :p

Oh yeah, how could I forget him? :tape: