PDA

View Full Version : Strasbourg wins Worst Scoreboard Award

GoDominique
May 23rd, 2006, 10:35 AM
Congrats! :)

Seriously, this is pathetic. Especially because the WTA has a link to that site on their results page. :o
Then they should make proper scoreboards mandatory for the tourneys, or even better, provide them with proper software.

Jakub
May 23rd, 2006, 10:37 AM
have to agree with that

just useless :help:
maybe they will fix it

Joana
May 23rd, 2006, 10:41 AM
Not just the scoreboard, the whole site is a mess :help:

gsm
May 23rd, 2006, 10:43 AM
actualy, for those that have seen the scoreboard (i have managed to see it once for about 5 minutes), i think they would agree that the scoreboard is quite good; has stats etc...

only problem is it rarely updates and mostly the website is down. :lol: :o :tape:

yep, agree with you GoDominique, the wta is looking like rubbish this week, the wtatour.com has been down heaps over the last few days and this tourny website is disfunctional. :fiery:

Pengwin
May 23rd, 2006, 10:47 AM
I haven't seen the Stras one yet as it doesn't work, but if anyone here remembers the Guangzhou scoreboard I'd have to say it's very very unlikely to be worse than that ;) :tape:

Klurt
May 23rd, 2006, 10:49 AM
This is even worse than Rabat last week. There we KNEW there were no live scores. Here we have to guess what's going on.
:secret: there's a rumour out that it's raining atm in Strassbourg. But hey we don't know!!

In Poland it was bad, in Morocco it was absent, and in Strassbourg it's unreliable. Take your pick!

Pengwin
May 23rd, 2006, 10:49 AM
I haven't seen the Stras one yet as it doesn't work, but if anyone here remembers the Guangzhou scoreboard I'd have to say it's very very unlikely to be worse than that ;) :tape:
http://www.gzopen.com.cn/eng/now/ribifeng.asp

korben
May 23rd, 2006, 11:03 AM
Still better than January Aussie scoreboards. :tape:
(Excluding AO naturally)

drake3781
May 23rd, 2006, 12:44 PM
Not just the scoreboard, the whole site is a mess :help:

I agree ith you; it looks ike it was designed by a 12-year old. (No offense to our WTAWorld 12-year olds.) :tape:

Ellery
May 23rd, 2006, 01:02 PM
What's wrong with the Strasbourg website or SB? I love it :worship:

A'DAM
May 23rd, 2006, 01:03 PM

Seriously, this is pathetic. Especially because the WTA has a link to that site on their results page. :o
Then they should make proper scoreboards mandatory for the tourneys, or even better, provide them with proper software.

Not anymore :lol:

My vote goes to this sb too :rolleyes:

Foot's Fingers
May 23rd, 2006, 01:03 PM
:help:

Modiac.
May 23rd, 2006, 01:46 PM
It's better than Rabat Tier4,they don't have a scoreboard.
and last year,scoreboard of Beijing Tier2 can't refresh automatically.

SelesFan70
May 23rd, 2006, 02:16 PM
All the money for software and web design goes to the "appearance money" fund. :tape:

FrenchY52
May 23rd, 2006, 02:47 PM
Today the livescore is better and it changes automatically ! But i must admit it was rotten for the qualifs

New_balls_please
May 23rd, 2006, 02:50 PM
I agree

What a terrible mess! :mad: :mad:

shava
May 23rd, 2006, 03:15 PM
better than none :lol:
interesting that ppl are always saying "this one is the worst ever" when they are pissed by a poor SB :p

borisy
May 23rd, 2006, 03:28 PM
I love it :hearts:

It's a whole new style they are trying.

janko
May 23rd, 2006, 03:38 PM

for me scoreboard was ok (stats, schedule, etc) and worked without any problem, the site is quite empty but you can find most important infos, that s enough

I ve read that tournament didn t expect so much connections (50 000) and had to repare it :lol:

the site is much better than 4-5 years ago

The worst is the Rabat's one, no live scores, bad pictures, no infos, players names written approximately and so on... :tape:

Even worse : the so called "interviews", for 6 years that the tournament exists you find all the time the same stuff, players from Morocco even if they ve lost 6/1, 6/0 said the tournament was great and the others players are all saying the same stuff : "your tournament is amazing, people are friendly" :lol: and all the time "I ll come back next year", you can check it, next year the player won t be in Morocco :lol:

Definitely the worst site, they haven t change the picture for 6 years and it s the same for Atp event in Casablanca :rolleyes:

drake3781
May 23rd, 2006, 11:53 PM
All the money for software and web design goes to the "appearance money" fund. :tape:

Patty should donate a thousand to a web developer - help a kid out. :tape: