PDA

View Full Version : Player Feuds

Cat's Pajamas
May 23rd, 2006, 03:45 AM
I've heard about Patty and AnnaK having a general disliking for each other. Can someone explain to me what this is all about :shrug: I've never heard the story.

Oh and another thing. What did Alex Stevenson and her mom say in that interview at Wimbledon that was so infamous. I really need to catch up on the dirt :o

RJWCapriati
May 23rd, 2006, 03:51 AM
Stevenson's mother has said too many ridiculous things to even keep count.

Cat's Pajamas
May 23rd, 2006, 03:53 AM
:lol: I was only like 11 when Stevenson was actually in the top 50, any specific one's that come to mind?

RJWCapriati
May 23rd, 2006, 03:55 AM
I remember her being accused of being racist.

timafi
May 23rd, 2006, 03:57 AM
and homophobic

RJWCapriati
May 23rd, 2006, 03:57 AM
Lots of good stuff in a book I read concerning Stevenson and mother, I highly reccommend the book "VENUS ENVY"

vogus
May 23rd, 2006, 04:03 AM
I've heard about Patty and AnnaK having a general disliking for each other. Can someone explain to me what this is all about :shrug: I've never heard the story.

it's an ancient feud and been explained like 10,000 times but since you asked so nicely - they had some fights on the challenger circuit in the mid 90s, and then Patty was jealous that Anna K got so much attention for her looks and started making a scene and tanking whenever they played each other, then trashing Anna to the press in the post match interviews. As far as i know, Anna never once even acknowledged Patty's insults, so it was rather a one-way feud. In the end, Anna walked away from tennis with 100 million $$ and Patty became one of the tour's biggest divas herself, so they both got what they wanted and it was a happy ending.