PDA

View Full Version : whats happening to kim and justine?

Rub
May 23rd, 2006, 03:35 AM
A year ago they were winning a lot of tournaments, owned the tour except 2 or 3... they aren't as dominating now!?

and they are losing to players they aren't suppose to lose...

the other girls must have caught up!?... your thoughts guys...

liuxuan
May 23rd, 2006, 03:48 AM
theyve both struggled with fitness and health.

at Roland Garros they still HAVE to be the top picks. Even though they havent been in their best form of late, although Kim was brilliant in Warsaw, i cant pick a winner over them (although im hoping Venus will win!)At Wimbledon they ar outsiders to the big hitters lke Venus, Lindsay and Maria.

ZeroSOFInfinity
May 23rd, 2006, 03:52 AM
Ever heard the phrase "Form is temporary... Class is permanent"? ;)

Rub
May 23rd, 2006, 03:54 AM
hopefully both will start being themselves at roland garros... they can't just lose to anyone...

Justeenium
May 23rd, 2006, 05:17 AM
hopefully both will start being themselves at roland garros... they can't just lose to anyone...

I hope so too

E. Blackadder
May 23rd, 2006, 07:37 AM
Justine: health issues?

Kim: lack of motivation

jochem
May 23rd, 2006, 10:01 AM
Justine: health issues?

Kim: lack of motivation

Hmmmmm interesting one. A lot op people will disagree with your comment about Kim, but I do feel the same way as you. Kim has never been the same since US Open 2005... Ok, she had a good shot at winning the Australian Open and won Warsaw but ever since she's been dating Brian, talking about retirement and winning her first Slam she's never played near the level she held at US O. I hope she will stun everyone by winning RG or Wimby, I keep my fingers crossed. Justine... obviously health issues... to me she has always shown a bigger drive to win Slams and more importantly she's shown a bigger drive to achieve big things in tennis (Maybe I'm wrong and Kim just shows it differently). I don't see her quiting tennis before 2010.

arn
May 23rd, 2006, 11:45 AM
I don't see Kim getting back to the way she was playing summer 2005. Her class will win her some more matches against other top-10 players and probably even 1-2 tournaments, but that's it. Her motivation to be on court 24/24 has gone. Reading her diary lately I'm always surprised she only starts training some days before a tournament starts. I don't see the opposition doing this, so obviously they will catch up. I seriously hope I'm wrong, only time will tell.

Justine will get back I think, she still has the drive. As long as her body holds, she will keep progressing to her old level.

Viktymise
May 23rd, 2006, 11:49 AM
The only reason they were ever dominating was because of the injuries of venus and serena and the same thing has happened to them plus there are more players who can beat them on a regular basis than say 3 years ago

saki
May 23rd, 2006, 12:01 PM
I'm not really worried about Justine. She's never enjoyed playing on U.S. hardcourts, her losses there aren't particularly out of character. On clay, she's beaten Nadia, Elena D, Sveta and Amelie this year, that's good enough for me. If she doesn't win RG, it will have taken a very special performance by a top player to put her out. She's always upped her level for Slams.

As for Kim, I've never really understood her strategy and motivation generally for tennis. Since she turned pro, she hasn't made any significant improvements to her game. She's become more consistent with her shots, but she hasn't changed any of them or worked on her strategy within matches. Now that she has no coach to direct her practices, even the consistency within matches has gone. I could never support her - partly just because I don't like her game or her personality - but mostly just because she's never shown any serious desire to maximise her game. She should have a better serve - she's powerful enough to make it faster and she could improve placement, develop a kick serve, etc - and she could have developed a more aggressive game plan. She's done none of that - either because she doesn't have the desire or because she hasn't had a good enough coach - and I personally find it tedious to support players who don't seem to work on their game.

alibaby
May 23rd, 2006, 12:06 PM
Ever heard the phrase "Form is temporary... Class is permanent"? ;)
a very good phrase,really!and 2):many forget so easily,that they are NO MACHINES,like any other player in fact,plus there are more and more strong,young girls coming up,so that explains a lot.but the most important is:when it matters most,THEY ARE THERE!!

all the best,ju-ju,and kimmie!! :kiss: :kiss: :hearts:

fifiricci
May 23rd, 2006, 12:22 PM
I don't see Kim getting back to the way she was playing summer 2005. Her class will win her some more matches against other top-10 players and probably even 1-2 tournaments, but that's it. Her motivation to be on court 24/24 has gone. Reading her diary lately I'm always surprised she only starts training some days before a tournament starts. I don't see the opposition doing this, so obviously they will catch up. I seriously hope I'm wrong, only time will tell.

Justine will get back I think, she still has the drive. As long as her body holds, she will keep progressing to her old level.

I'm sorry to say that I agree with your comments re Kim.

Let's hope she can prove us both wrong ;)

fifiricci
May 23rd, 2006, 12:25 PM
The only reason they were ever dominating was because of the injuries of venus and serena

:yawn:

<Sven>
May 23rd, 2006, 12:47 PM
Just wait a few weeks, and then you'll see Kim beating Justine in the most exciting and intense final in RG history
*runs off and starts praying*

Munchen
May 23rd, 2006, 12:48 PM
good luck Kimmie and Juju :yeah:

Viktymise
May 23rd, 2006, 02:17 PM
:yawn:
Ye well its true im just stating a fact

Sam L
May 23rd, 2006, 02:28 PM
Why, Martina Hingis came back!

morningglory
May 23rd, 2006, 02:31 PM
Justine: health
Kim: no coach

Rub
May 23rd, 2006, 02:34 PM
we have the same thoughts for most of you guys!

kim really lacks motivation... i really hope she's gonna pick herself up for the last year and half in tennis... as she says... and i also hope somebody just smack kim and tell her exactly what she has been doing with her tennis for the past halfyear... she's so not herself... but who knows... prove me wrong kim...

and justine... she said she'll take playing a complete season over winning a slam... her drive was never in doubt... hopefully she's gonna shake off these pesky health
issues...

and for that someone who said kim never improved her game... huh-huh... you don't watch her play do you?!

saki
May 23rd, 2006, 02:54 PM
and for that someone who said kim never improved her game... huh-huh... you don't watch her play do you?!

Not often, no, but I have seen her play over the years. Her shots have become more consistent but I don't think she's changed any of them technically or altered her strategy in matches. What do you think she's changed?

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 23rd, 2006, 06:41 PM
Maybe they burned themselves out, especially Kim. Remember in 2003 when she won something like 90 matches...AND played doubles on top of that. Tends to wear down the body.

Maryamator
May 23rd, 2006, 07:00 PM
Maybe they burned themselves out, especially Kim. Remember in 2003 when she won something like 90 matches...AND played doubles on top of that.
yeah, maybe its affecting them now. I just hope theyr back to how they were i dont like players like justine and kim loosing to a player ranked 50 in the world. i admit im not really a fan of justine but watching her play is amazing!

fifiricci
May 23rd, 2006, 07:21 PM
Just wait a few weeks, and then you'll see Kim beating Justine in the most exciting and intense final in RG history
*runs off and starts praying*

Hope you've got a bloody big prayer mat :p

Rumour is that Kim is already at RG and if that's true, we might be in for a pleasant surprise (or at least me, some people already think she's won it ;) ).

fifiricci
May 23rd, 2006, 07:24 PM
Not often, no, but I have seen her play over the years. Her shots have become more consistent but I don't think she's changed any of them technically or altered her strategy in matches. What do you think she's changed?

Maybe that's because her game was already complete when she was little more than a lass ;)

tennisluver99
May 23rd, 2006, 07:34 PM
Why, Martina Hingis came back!

How many times has Hingis beaten Henin and Clijsters this year?

Il Primo!
May 23rd, 2006, 07:35 PM
I'm extremly concerned about Kim..She doesn't attack enough and defending everytime require lots of energy,stamina,mental toughness and envy but she's not 100% in shape and seems disturbed by her marriage and babies etc.,that's the problem...

When Justine dominated,the others didn't play as well than today,they improved a lot so it's tougher to her to win every single match she plays..But I don't feel that Justine isn't dominating..I mean,maybe she don't win as often as before BUT she shines,she's got an aura who make people be afraid of her...To me,she just hadn't to loose against Patty at Charleston and Dementieva at IW..It was just lacks of concentration,nothing alarming..The most important is that she's really here during the GS,she's in the place!!If she weren't injured at Melbourne on the final day,she would have won it..At RG,she will be the "greatissime" fav ,a lil bit more than Nadia cause of her experience...The most important is winnig slams,not IW,Varsaw etc.

lolo21
May 23rd, 2006, 08:16 PM
I'm extremly concerned about Kim..She doesn't attack enough and defending everytime require lots of energy,stamina,mental toughness and envy but she's not 100% in shape and seems disturbed by her marriage and babies etc.,that's the problem...

When Justine dominated,the others didn't play as well than today,they improved a lot so it's tougher to her to win every single match she plays..But I don't feel that Justine isn't dominating..I mean,maybe she don't win as often as before BUT she shines,she's got an aura who make people be afraid of her...To me,she just hadn't to loose against Patty at Charleston and Dementieva at IW..It was just lacks of concentration,nothing alarming..The most important is that she's really here during the GS,she's in the place!!If she weren't injured at Melbourne on the final day,she would have won it..At RG,she will be the "greatissime" fav ,a lil bit more than Nadia cause of her experience...The most important is winnig slams,not IW,Varsaw etc.

how can you be sure about that??? :rolleyes:
i can also say that if Amelie didn t have to play the same day against Martina,she would have beaten Justine in Berlin. :rolleyes:

Rub
May 24th, 2006, 02:41 AM

just take for example her serve... it's gotten better... and she said somewhere that during her layoff in 2004 she has changed some of her techniques... you've gotta see the girl play now... she really grew... she's not so much into defense this year, i see she's really attacking most of the time which explains her making a lot of mistakes... i hope she can pick up her A game in time for RG.