PDA

View Full Version : Clijsters - Kuznetsova - Hantuchova in for Eastbourne

tennisIlove09
May 23rd, 2006, 12:50 AM
REMATCH OF 2004 TENNIS FINAL ON THE CARDS
A REMATCH of the 2004 Hastings Direct International Championships Final was this week on the cards after both Svetlana Kuznetsova and Daniela Hantuchova confirmed they would be appearing at Devonshire Park next month.
Russian world No 10 Kuznetsova edged out the popular Slovakian in a thrilling encounter in the singles final two years ago.
Kuznetsova is the second top 10 WTA player to commit to the
event after Kim Clijster's announced she would be
defending the title she won in Eastbourne last year.
Kuznetsova said, "I always enjoy my week in Eastbourne.
"It's a nice tournament and I always have fun there. It is very special. I think it is very good to have a week like Eastbourne before a Grand Slam. It's very tranquil and I love to go to the beach.
"The courts are very good and are always in very good condition."
Hantuchova added, "It's my favourite surface, and I only have really nice memories playing in front of my English fans, so I am really forward to be back there this year. I think it helps in the matches that they are always behind me and supporting me. You can prepare really well in Eastbourne, the courts are in fantastic condition.
"That is one of the keys as to why so many players choose to play the week before Wimbledon in Eastbourne.
"I don't think you can get a better practice anywhere else and the whole atmosphere is very relaxed."
To book tickets for the championships, which run from June 17-24, telephone the box office on 412000.
22 May 2006

liuxuan
May 23rd, 2006, 12:59 AM
cool, i love eastbourne.

is maria and justine playing?

IceHock
May 23rd, 2006, 01:04 AM
maria doesn't and for justine it depends on how far she goes in the fo,like last year she won and withdrew from eastbourne

Derek.
May 23rd, 2006, 01:07 AM
Win the title Danka! :fiery:

SAEKeithSerena
May 23rd, 2006, 02:16 AM
awesome news clijsters!!!

alibaby
May 23rd, 2006, 11:56 AM
maria doesn't and for justine it depends on how far she goes in the fo,like last year she won and withdrew from eastbourne
i would say,in justines case,the same is very possible... :) :) but good to have sveta and dani on board.as seen in rome,people can always expect a good fight in her matches,and they love that.and dani is a pleasure to watch,wherever she appears,so a good sign for eastbourne....

Munchen
May 23rd, 2006, 12:46 PM
Good luck Kimmie :) :D

furrykitten
May 23rd, 2006, 12:53 PM

As much as I like Daniela, she has no chance of beating the likes of Svet and Kim!, now when she's underweight, yet again.

ctan88
May 23rd, 2006, 01:15 PM
I heard that Anastasia Myskina was also committed!

Lulu.
May 23rd, 2006, 02:34 PM

I hope she does

Rub
May 23rd, 2006, 02:40 PM
kim...

vertigo
May 23rd, 2006, 03:32 PM
REMATCH OF 2004 TENNIS FINAL ON THE CARDS
A REMATCH of the 2004 Hastings Direct International Championships Final was this week on the cards after both Svetlana Kuznetsova and Daniela Hantuchova confirmed they would be appearing at Devonshire Park next month.
Russian world No 10 Kuznetsova edged out the popular Slovakian in a thrilling encounter in the singles final two years ago.
Kuznetsova is the second top 10 WTA player to commit to the
event after Kim Clijster's announced she would be
defending the title she won in Eastbourne last year.
Kuznetsova said, "I always enjoy my week in Eastbourne.
"It's a nice tournament and I always have fun there. It is very special. I think it is very good to have a week like Eastbourne before a Grand Slam. It's very tranquil and I love to go to the beach.
"The courts are very good and are always in very good condition."Hantuchova added, "It's my favourite surface, and I only have really nice memories playing in front of my English fans, so I am really forward to be back there this year. I think it helps in the matches that they are always behind me and supporting me. You can prepare really well in Eastbourne, the courts are in fantastic condition.
"That is one of the keys as to why so many players choose to play the week before Wimbledon in Eastbourne.
"I don't think you can get a better practice anywhere else and the whole atmosphere is very relaxed."
To book tickets for the championships, which run from June 17-24, telephone the box office on 412000.
22 May 2006

The WTA should tink of some more phrases for players... someone says this EVERY YEAR.

gsm
May 23rd, 2006, 04:03 PM
sveta and kim played a real nail biter last yr.

lets have a rematch!!!!!

BTW, kim won 1 more point...