PDA

View Full Version : Amelie's opinion about Martina's successful comeback

lolo21
May 22nd, 2006, 10:14 PM
it's in french

«HINGIS EST PLUS AFFÛTEE»
La victoire de Martina Hingis à Rome n'a pas vraiment surpris Amélie Mauresmo. «On le sentait depuis son retour. Depuis le début de la saison, elle est toute proche, d'abord de battre les meilleures - ce qu'elle a fait puisque qu'elle a battu Sharapova. Je trouve qu'elle joue mieux que lorsqu'elle a arrêté il y a trois ans. Elle a vraiment évolué sur le plan physique parce qu'elle péchait à ce niveau-là il y a quelques années. On la sent plus affûtée, plus résistante et plus opportuniste. On en parlait avec Loïc (Courteau) et il m'a dit très tôt dans le tournoi qu'elle irait peut-être au bout.»

i'll try to traduct it in english:

Martina Hingis's win in Rome didn t really surprise Amelie Mauresmo.

«The way she had done since she came back,you felt that she was going to win a title.
Since the beginning of the season,she has been very close,firstly to beat the top players -which she did because she beat Sharapova.
I think that she plays better than when she retired 3 years ago.
She has definitely improved her fitness ,an area where she was struggling a few years ago.
She looks tougher,sharper and more timeliness than before.
We talked about it with Loic(Courteau) and he told me very soon in the Rome's tournament that she would perhaps go all the way.»

CrossCourt~Rally
May 22nd, 2006, 10:17 PM
Very gracious of MoMo :worship:

lolo21
May 22nd, 2006, 10:21 PM
wouldn t it be awesome if the FO final were Hingis-Mauresmo this year?? :hearts:

after some reflection,perhaps not so awesome for Martina though..... :devil:

hablo
May 22nd, 2006, 10:23 PM
the article is from l'equipe.fr ;)

yes, Mauresmo is definitely not underestimating Martina :angel:

SAEKeithSerena
May 22nd, 2006, 10:31 PM
great words from amelie:) (like that's anything new:))

saint
May 22nd, 2006, 10:34 PM
I think it is a fair analysis of Hingis this year, Momo needn't have been so courteous but good on her for saying it as it is. I'm not sure I'd want a Hingis -v-Mauresmo final but saying that I'd be completely over the moon if Ame got to a final at RG and she could do it, but I don't want to go on too much about it as not to tempt fate.

Buitenzorg
May 22nd, 2006, 11:00 PM
Nice comments by Amelie :kiss:

PLP
May 22nd, 2006, 11:10 PM
Great words, Momo always seems to know where it's at. :)

That would be an awesome final but perhaps extremely difficult to watch...Martina would have to be absolutely brilliant to win, comsidering how the crowd would be 1 million% for Ame, but it's possible...they both deserve to win it IMO, too, so I wouldn't know who to root for, though when it came down to it, it would have to be Marti>P

LUIS9
May 22nd, 2006, 11:31 PM
C'est tres sympa et aussi professionel d'Amelie.

lolo21
May 22nd, 2006, 11:36 PM
Great words, Momo always seems to know where it's at. :)

That would be an awesome final but perhaps extremely difficult to watch...Martina would have to be absolutely brilliant to win, comsidering how the crowd would be 1 million% for Ame, but it's possible...they both deserve to win it IMO, too, so I wouldn't know who to root for, though when it came down to it, it would have to be Marti>P

yeah you're right
i'm a fan of both so it would be a cruel final for me in a sense too :)

anyway if it happened,it would still be an awesome final,not the least in term of emotions and intensity! (Martina 's comments about Amelie in 99,her famous 99 final against Steffi,Amelie playing at home and wanting to win the FO for the first time like Martina,etc..)

Billabong
May 23rd, 2006, 01:00 AM
:d :)

anlavalle
May 23rd, 2006, 01:29 AM
Amelie always nice :hearts: :worship: