PDA

View Full Version : Dado Majoli To Coach Jelena Dokic

pierce0415
May 22nd, 2006, 10:32 PM
This story is from our news.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/) network Source: The Courier-Mail

Dokic calls on coach No.14

By Paul Malone

May 23, 2006

JELENA Dokic will return to the tennis circuit next month armed with coach No. 14.

Dado Majoli, brother of Croatia's former French Open champion Iva Majoli, started coaching Dokic last month after she stopped working with Borna Bikic and is the latest man charged with reversing a career crash which sees her ranked No. 683 in the world.

Dokic, uninjured after a car accident last month in Zagreb, is listed on a fan website as having 13 previous coaches, including eight Australians and her estranged father Damir.

The 23-year-old former world No. 4 has yet to respond to Tennis Australia's offer of coaching and sports science assistance in its Australian Institute of Sport and Fed Cup squads.

She is reported to be a wildcard for the Croatian Open, which starts on June 12.

The offer of a wildcard from a tournament in the country of her birth will give TA no additional reason to expect her on-off relationship with Australian tennis to become clarified anytime soon. Dokic was most recently beaten in the first round of a $25,000 Futures event in Biarritz, France.

furrykitten
May 22nd, 2006, 10:33 PM
Great! lets hope this works for Jelena

ezekiel
May 22nd, 2006, 10:34 PM
lol , we heard that before :lol:

Wiggly
May 22nd, 2006, 10:41 PM
WTA has a tournament in Croatia? :eek: :confused:

UDACHi
May 22nd, 2006, 10:55 PM
WTA has a tournament in Croatia? :eek: :confused:

I think Zagreb is a $75k.

Cat's Pajamas
May 22nd, 2006, 10:57 PM
good luck Jelena :D

I really want her back in at least the top 50 :sad:

Reuchlin
May 22nd, 2006, 11:00 PM
What was she doing in Zagreb after the threats that her dad made against her?-- wouldn't seem like the safest place in the world.

*JR*
May 22nd, 2006, 11:06 PM
So is Jeca kicking the Bikic Bastard out of her life altogether, or is this just him letting her "try" another coach, whose firing he'll then engineer?

auntie janie
May 22nd, 2006, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the news. It's good to hear she's been working with ANY coach for the past month. Hope this one works out for her, but I wish she'd have the courtesy to contact Tennis Australia; they reached out to give her a hand and now she doesn't even bother to let them know what's going on with her. Not too classy, Jelena. :(

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 22nd, 2006, 11:09 PM
As long as they work good together and it translates into results I'm happy :)

ezekiel
May 22nd, 2006, 11:12 PM
lol jr :lol:
Dokic and tennis is a done entity, if there was ever someone who needed to move on my goodness :rolleyes: . Get an education

CrossCourt~Rally
May 22nd, 2006, 11:24 PM
I think Zagreb is a $75k.

Maybe someday it will become a Tier 4 :yeah:

croat123
May 22nd, 2006, 11:54 PM
good for her :yeah:

croat123
May 22nd, 2006, 11:55 PM
Maybe someday it will become a Tier 4 :yeah:
that's the goal. it's one of the strongest 75Ks, hopefully we can make it a tour event in the next few years

WhatTheDeuce
May 23rd, 2006, 12:06 AM
Yay, Jelena has a coach. :)

Erika_Angel
May 23rd, 2006, 03:36 AM
Thanks for the news. It's good to hear she's been working with ANY coach for the past month. Hope this one works out for her, but I wish she'd have the courtesy to contact Tennis Australia; they reached out to give her a hand and now she doesn't even bother to let them know what's going on with her. Not too classy, Jelena. :(

To be fair she apparently contacted Tennis Australia to wish the Fed Cup team luck in their Qualifying matches earlier this month/last month (can't remember when). Perhaps she just hasn't decided whether to take the position or not? Waiting to see how she does in these few tournaments before committing to an Australian team schedule?

bmxbandit
May 23rd, 2006, 05:04 AM
Could this be it?
Please come back Jelly...it's just NOT the same without ya.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
May 23rd, 2006, 05:22 AM
ithis is god for her but i wont hold my breath for it to work until i see atleast a win from her

Lulu.
May 23rd, 2006, 05:39 AM
I hope this works...Cmon Jelena get it TOGETHER please!

Mateo Mathieu
May 23rd, 2006, 06:54 AM
It sounds like she used Tennis Australia again :o

Josh.
May 23rd, 2006, 07:17 AM
so does anyone kno where jelena is playing next and is she gonna try and get into the french open??

Erika_Angel
May 23rd, 2006, 10:01 AM
It sounds like she used Tennis Australia again :o

:confused: Where are you getting that from? :rolleyes: Since when does playing for Australia mean you can't be located in Croatia and have a Croatian coach? Jelena has lived in Croatia for ages, it is her home and where her friends live.

So Disrespectful
May 23rd, 2006, 10:03 AM
Jelena will be back in the top 20 someday. I guarantee it.

furrykitten
May 23rd, 2006, 10:05 AM

I doubt it but I hope I'm proved wrong

G~Playa
May 23rd, 2006, 10:12 AM
good luck to her

rada
May 23rd, 2006, 10:43 AM
well thats good news :) wish her all the luck

vutt
May 23rd, 2006, 10:49 AM

:worship:

SloKid
May 23rd, 2006, 11:59 AM
that's the goal. it's one of the strongest 75Ks, hopefully we can make it a tour event in the next few years
That would be great. :)

Croatia has two events on the ATP tour, but none on the WTA. :(

Bol used to be a good event, with a fantastic location.

auntie janie
May 23rd, 2006, 12:25 PM
To be fair she apparently contacted Tennis Australia to wish the Fed Cup team luck in their Qualifying matches earlier this month/last month (can't remember when). Perhaps she just hasn't decided whether to take the position or not? Waiting to see how she does in these few tournaments before committing to an Australian team schedule?

That's right; I'd forgotten about the good luck wishes for the team; thanks for reminding me. :hug:

For me, the main point of the news about the new coach is that we now know that Jelena is still out there trying. When we don't see her name in tournament lists (even challengers) for months, I worry that she's given up. As long as she keeps working, I believe someday all the pieces will click into place and she'll start her rise again. Best of luck to her. :kiss:

K-Dog
May 23rd, 2006, 12:31 PM
Jelena needs to quit thinking that a coach is going to save her and actually go out and work hard and train like an animal. She just can't sit back on her talent anymore. She hasn't changed her game to adapt to things and her game that she played even in 2002 isn't good enough to get back into the top 20. She needs to work on her serve first off and then work on her conditioning and get 100% fighting fit. Her power isn't as effective as it was in 2002. More girls can hit that hard and prob harder. Hopefully she comes to realize that someday and gets her tennis career back on track.

Alecia Moore
May 23rd, 2006, 05:43 PM
Jelly :hug:

Dado :drool:

alfonsojose
May 23rd, 2006, 05:46 PM
:o

Dominic
May 23rd, 2006, 07:27 PM
I think K-dog is right. Yes a coach can help her and she is definately better off with one than without but she just needs to put all her focus and energy on tennis if she really wants to get back on top. It seems like she tries to come back at times but physically she never looks as fit as she was in her prime and as soon as something goes wrong, she disapears for months. She should really work hard and play when she is fully ready and not look back

xXSarajevoXx
May 23rd, 2006, 08:18 PM
good luck jeco. hope it will work

©@®eLess
May 23rd, 2006, 08:48 PM
seems good for Balknas, next year to have WTA in Croatia and probably a tier III in Belgrade, as mentioned at the end of last year! Good chance for bot countries to expose their new babies: Ancic for Croatia, and Zoric for Serbia :)

JDLover
May 24th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Question to who-ever said that Jelena used Tennis Australia, how did she do this exactly when she re-took her Aussie papers which is legal to do and won a wc playoff where there was so challenge this is not her fault she used rules to her advantage and if she used Tennis Aus then whny hasnt she changed back to SER or CRO, people who post here sometimes dont have a brain and think about what they say, Jelena is now trying hard to get back on tour and if she wants to do that from a base in Croatia does it matter, I mean Sam Stosur and Renee Stubbs are based in USA, so does that mean they have used Tennis Aus as well, seriously people get over it.