PDA

View Full Version : Okay, top 10 by summer without a doubt, can Martina end the year in the top 5????

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 22nd, 2006, 06:24 PM
I'm think personally she has a good chance.

Ferosh
May 22nd, 2006, 06:25 PM
top 10 yes
top 5 no

champion88
May 22nd, 2006, 06:26 PM
Yes I think so- with no points to defend- I can see her getting some great results at the French and Wimbledon now she has that Top 16 seeding- she can only keep going up. With good performances at the Slams and high tiers she can definitely have a great chance at Top 5 by the end of the year! :)

TeaMMashA
May 22nd, 2006, 06:30 PM
Anything can happen she could turn an Ankle in RG training and be out for the entire summer so im not gonna go all out and say anything! In fact i dunno why i ever have made predictions in the past! But if she stays injury free all good be possible with hard work the right frame of mind and level of performance.

Sally Struthers
May 22nd, 2006, 06:35 PM
I think she has an outside shot of being #1 :o

DarkchildSwiss
May 22nd, 2006, 06:38 PM
I really think that she can reach the top 5 if she stays healthy. She has no points to defend and so it is more easy than if you need for example reach the final in order to defend your points. Martina needs to work a little bit more on her serve and then she will do a great job and win some more tournaments.

Errinella
May 22nd, 2006, 06:56 PM
I think she can acheive pretty much anything she wants in the sport if she puts her mind to it (and remains injury free).

skanky~skanketta
May 22nd, 2006, 07:12 PM
no.there are at least 5 players with better grass and hardcourt game than her. but top 10, definitely.

squig2k
May 22nd, 2006, 07:18 PM
i think definitely top 8 for the tour championships, perhaps top 5

j@zmin
May 22nd, 2006, 07:29 PM
If she is injury free, yes, she can end in the top 5.

She began the year with no ranking, rusty and without too much confidence. Five or six months later, before the second GS begans, she is ranked 14th and has won a Tier I tournament.

It wouldnŽt be a surprise if she become top ten after Wimbledon.

She is a better player than she was a few months ago, so I am sure she is going to have better results the next six months, specially because, thanks to her ranking, sheŽll be seeded and have easier draws.

FaceyFacem
May 22nd, 2006, 07:36 PM
i'll say yes on the YEC for sure, top 5 is borderline, she'd prob be #5 on the dot...

i mean, it'll be hard to catch nadia or amelie, but kim's got lots of points to defend, and with mary and lindsay looking like they won't be top 5, there really is space for her up there

LoveFifteen
May 22nd, 2006, 07:53 PM
She will end the year in the Top 5 if she can stay injury-free.

fammmmedspin
May 22nd, 2006, 08:07 PM
There is a gap to get through to Sveta who is going up too but then the gap to 5 isn't impossible and teh players at the top start to defend big wins too.

alfajeffster
May 22nd, 2006, 08:08 PM
I'm think personally she has a good chance.

If she does well, or better yet, even wins Roland Garros, and has a good Wimbledon and U.S. Open, why not? There aren't any really dominant players out there, and with all of the injuries and points others have to defend, it's totally possible. She's certainly playing like a top-10 player right now, and still, there's room for improvement in the power and serve departments, and she's making the improvements.

LH2HBH
May 22nd, 2006, 08:33 PM
It's a tall order. 2 slam semis and 1 final? How about a title???? Wow this is so fucking exciting!

Jum_p_Over
May 22nd, 2006, 10:08 PM
Kim did it right? Came into indian wells unranked, and finished the year #1

LoveFifteen
May 22nd, 2006, 10:12 PM
Kim did it right? Came into indian wells unranked, and finished the year #1

No, Kim finished the year ranked #2. Lindsay finished the year at #1.

SAEKeithSerena
May 22nd, 2006, 10:22 PM
top 7-10, yes, top 6 and below, no.

lolo21
May 22nd, 2006, 10:44 PM
obviously that she can!! :)
she has no points to defend and she is playing great so if she remains as consistent as she has been since her comeback,she'll probably do it.......i even think she has an outside chance of finishing number 1 at the end of year,especially considering there isn t really a player who dominates the tour this year.

actually, considering the circumstances(no points to defends,the top players being inconsistent,etc...), i would even say that it will be harder for her to win a GS than to finish number 1.

LUIS9
May 23rd, 2006, 12:36 AM
top 7-10, yes, top 6 and below, no.

This is a lot more likely. I totally agree. But one never knows.

PLP
May 23rd, 2006, 12:41 AM
At her current level I think she would finish the year at #5 or #6...but I think she she will continue to improve, so....

lukehingis
May 23rd, 2006, 01:09 AM
She has a great shot at it especially now that she'll get a seeding in most of the tournaments she enters. Also depends if she can stay injury free. It'll be tough, the field is very deep, but she has the talent and the experience to do so...

Good Luck, Martina!!!

Barlos
May 23rd, 2006, 01:10 AM
I believe only injury could stop her now. She's already heading for around #5 but the improvement she's been showing over the last couple of weeks suggest that the rest of year could be even better. I'm sure she won't make the #1 spot this year although a win either at Paris or Wimbledon would make it a possibility.

*roddicksinme*
May 23rd, 2006, 01:11 AM
I am guessing she will be about 6 or 7 at years end