PDA

View Full Version : Why is Patty playing in Strasbourg??

New
May 22nd, 2006, 02:57 PM
I was wondering if why she wants to play instead of resting for RG.

I mean if she does win, she would not be able to take over Elena in the rankings anyway...

So I don't think it is about getting the points...

Would it really help in the confidence if she won a tier 3 title before the Grand Slam?:confused:

FrenchY52
May 22nd, 2006, 03:01 PM
I think she just wanna win matches before RG

pierce0415
May 22nd, 2006, 03:02 PM
apperance money :tape:

Geisha
May 22nd, 2006, 03:04 PM
I don't think it is such a bad idea. Maybe her confidence is a little low after some losses this past weeks and she wants to go into the French Open with a nice tournament title.

I've never understood why people don't like when top players play the lower-ranked events. I mean, Sharapova did it in 2004 and everybody was on her case. I think, that if you want to win a tournament and some matches before big events, why not.

It is good for the WTA to have top players playing everywhere.

Danči Dementia
May 22nd, 2006, 03:05 PM
well because she wants to

New
May 22nd, 2006, 03:09 PM
I don't think it is such a bad idea. Maybe her confidence is a little low after some losses this past weeks and she wants to go into the French Open with a nice tournament title.

I've never understood why people don't like when top players play the lower-ranked events. I mean, Sharapova did it in 2004 and everybody was on her case. I think, that if you want to win a tournament and some matches before big events, why not.

It is good for the WTA to have top players playing everywhere.

I did not say it was that bad an idea... but it must be very tiring on her... she's the only one who has played since the start of the clay season and hasn't stop...

It's not like she exits early each week and get to rest...

Oh well, as long as she thinks she can handle it...

RJWCapriati
May 22nd, 2006, 03:38 PM
:confused:

*JR*
May 22nd, 2006, 05:58 PM
:crazy:

vogus
May 22nd, 2006, 06:04 PM
it says on the Schnyder/Hofmann website that Patty recently changed rackets, but was dissatisfied with the change and decided to go back to her old rackets, thus she wants to play some extra matches to get comfortable again.

Helen Lawson
May 22nd, 2006, 06:05 PM
$$$$$

Let's face it, she's not going to win RG, or any other major, so she ought to play like every week and makes the most dough she can off appearance fees and prize money.

mike/topgun
May 22nd, 2006, 06:15 PM
maybe she's forced to

UDACHi
May 22nd, 2006, 07:22 PM
it says on the Schnyder/Hofmann website that Patty recently changed rackets, but was dissatisfied with the change and decided to go back to her old rackets, thus she wants to play some extra matches to get comfortable again.

Such a great site, it is. :hearts:

Dexter
May 22nd, 2006, 07:24 PM
:crazy:ditto.

iPatty
May 22nd, 2006, 08:03 PM
*haters* :retard:

She's playing because she is quite a bit low on confidence, plus she is changing back to her old rackets. She just wants to win some matches. What's it to you if she plays every week?

*JR*
May 22nd, 2006, 08:34 PM
$$$$$

Let's face it, she's not going to win RG, or any other major, so she ought to play like every week and makes the most dough she can off appearance fees and prize money.
Translation: Hoffy is pimping her out. :devil:

SelesFan70
May 22nd, 2006, 08:38 PM
Because she can and she wants to!

LoveFifteen
May 22nd, 2006, 09:10 PM
Patty doesn't need to rest up for Roland Garros. She's never gone deep there anyway ...

drake3781
May 22nd, 2006, 09:14 PM
$$$$$

apperance money :tape:

How much does she get in Apperance Money? Anyone know? Any other players getting Appearance Money at Strasbourg?

Is Appearance Money confidential between the player and the tournament, or publicly disclosed the way Prize Money is?

*JR*
May 22nd, 2006, 09:29 PM
How much does she get in Apperance Money? Anyone know? Any other players getting Appearance Money at Strasbourg?

Is Appearance Money confidential between the player and the tournament, or publicly disclosed the way Prize Money is?
Its confidential because its technically banned in the WTA. (Though not in the ATP). Sometimes its described as a fee for promotional activities, but that kind of rings hollow, so they don't say this much anymore.

I doubt that a Tier III can pay that much, though. However, Tier II's often do, ala Doha and Dubai. (Venus and Serena each reportedly got $325,000 to play Dubai last year). Wertheim calls those events "The Appearance Fee Opens".

(One time Sampras entered whichever, which of course have separate mens tournaments, got off the plane and went to the venue, lost and headed back to the airport with his appearance fee, never even having checked into the hotel). :tape:

SelesFan70
May 22nd, 2006, 09:30 PM
Patty doesn't need to rest up for Roland Garros. She's never gone deep there anyway ...

:ras: But if she wins 3 matches in Strasbourg and 4 in Paris...it's a metaphoric Major. :ras: