PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or would others love for Hingis and Petrova to meet at RG?

Hingie
May 22nd, 2006, 08:08 AM
I was just thinking about it and it would be a great matchup i reckon.

Petrova fans, don't take this the wrong way cause i actually think the girl is super talented but she doesn't have the groundstroke speed of say Dementieva (not consistenly anyway), she's incredibly consistent so Marti would need to finish the point by moving her out of position and then put the ball away - i just think the dynamics of this match would make for excellent tennis.

Anyone else agree?

Maybe a potential quarter final or semi at RG? :)

Hingie
May 22nd, 2006, 08:10 AM
Oh i forgot to add that this would be great to happen at RG as i think clay would give them both a little bit more time to retrieve balls and the rallies would be incredible... maybe.

PLP
May 22nd, 2006, 08:20 AM
Yes! I can't wait until they get to play and I am sur Marti is excited too as they have never met! At RG, it would be great if they didn't meet until at least the semis...Also it would be fun to see them battling on a hardcourt>P

The_Pov
May 22nd, 2006, 08:25 AM
I want them to meet in the final with Hingis taking the crown. Now that would be a final!

ctan88
May 22nd, 2006, 08:53 AM
Last time they met, Petrova won 62, 62 ... But this is a different Hingis so it will definitley be an interesting matchup! LETS hope for a GOOD draw!

Josh.
May 22nd, 2006, 09:06 AM
well atm they are both the form players on clay so it wouldnt be surprising if they did meet.

Kathrin
May 22nd, 2006, 11:23 AM
I would love to see this game because I love Nadia and I hate Martina :p ! So guess who is supposed to win..

goldenlox
May 22nd, 2006, 04:00 PM
I don't care who Nadia plays. As long as she keeps her composure, bring them on :bounce:

Kenny
May 22nd, 2006, 04:03 PM
Perfect matchup. I would love for Nadia to notch her first win over her at Roland Garros!

:D

cellophane
May 22nd, 2006, 04:04 PM
I'd love to see this matchup ( with Nadia winning ;) ). :D

Kunal
May 22nd, 2006, 04:37 PM
that would be a solid match

TomTennis
May 22nd, 2006, 05:37 PM
I probably wouldnt even watch it. But that is no offence to either player or their fans, that final would not interest me, just like last year or the year before.

Piotr'ek
May 22nd, 2006, 05:38 PM
I would love to see Nadia whipping her ass :angel:

No.1Hingis
May 22nd, 2006, 05:48 PM
Well,l I respect Nadia.. great clay player.. hopefully.. this match from final would be so interesting to me.. and to make the diference I think Martina is going to arrive with a lot confidence to RG and get her first GS of year... ag one of the best Nadia.. if Martina wont achieve final.. then Nadia surely will get all in her hands... Best draw for both.. I hope they dont faces eachother rounds before..

udachi Elena
May 22nd, 2006, 05:56 PM
I want Elena in the final.. but a hingis petrova match up would be intense. It would be interesting..Petrova is obviously stronger physically, but Hingis is so much stronger mentally.. would definitely make for a good battle

Keith
May 22nd, 2006, 07:17 PM
That should be the final!