PDA

View Full Version : a Martina's funny quote after her win against Venus

lolo21
May 22nd, 2006, 12:12 AM
Q. Nervous, frustrated, embarrassed? What was the different --

MARTINA HINGIS: Well, that's quite a vocabulary you put there on me (laughing).
At least I won the last point. That's what the match is about, right? That's tennis. It's a good thing that it's not lost if you lose 6-Love in the first set. And I was still fresh. That was the upside of it. I wasn't even tired by losing 6-Love. So I knew, "Okay, now two more sets to go," and it's not like three more to go (laughing).
But it's just really -- I don't play as loose or as free maybe. Hopefully, next time I play her. There's probably only two or three other players where I feel like that. Playing Lindsay at Indian Wells, or maybe her sister, or Jennifer. These are the only two or three other players where I feel like that. But the rest, it's just like, I don't know, it's new, it's refreshing, even for me. A lot of players I haven't even faced before. And maybe playing Justine and Amelie, it's also different than those three players.
I don't know. You have an explanation for that? I'm not a psychologist. I don't know why my brain functions like that. What do you think? I really don't know (laughing).

man ,she is really a funny girl! :lol:

the more it goes and the more i like her!

louisa2k2
May 22nd, 2006, 01:39 AM
thats marti she is funny :D

Brandon85
May 22nd, 2006, 01:44 AM
i don't get it! lol

bis2806
May 22nd, 2006, 06:25 AM
I don't really understand what she was trying to say....

Zauber
May 22nd, 2006, 06:31 AM
dont ask me this stupid question, for which there is no answer, that is what she is saying.

Maryamator
May 22nd, 2006, 08:20 AM
HAHA SHES SO FUNNY :worship:

Direwolf
May 22nd, 2006, 08:26 AM
isnt she saying that she has some slight mental block playing against these players...comparing when shes playing other players...

Taz Warrior
May 22nd, 2006, 10:28 AM
No, I think she's saying that it feels/ would feel like old times playing against the Williams', Davenport and Capriati but against other players it's new and different as she hasn't played them before or in the case of Mauresmo, Clijsters and Henin it's not the same as when she played them before she retired as their games have moved up a level or two since then.

watrat
May 22nd, 2006, 11:39 AM
I don't get it also. But hey, I too am not a psychologist.

V-MAC
May 22nd, 2006, 11:44 AM
isnt she saying that she has some slight mental block playing against these players...comparing when shes playing other players...

thats how I am interpreting it too :scratch:

lolo21
May 22nd, 2006, 12:40 PM

Yeah she probably meant that. :)
Before she retired,the WS,Lindsay and Jennifer used to be her black beasts.
Of course the likes of Amelie,Justine,Kim and Monica have sometimes troubled Martina before she retired but not really as much as the four she mentionned