PDA

View Full Version : A Video Proposal, limewire

Ackms421
May 21st, 2006, 09:36 PM
I have just upgraded my internet connection to an insanely fast speed of 5mb per second download. I am in the US and therefore *most* matches are not televised on any channels present here. But through using megaupload and torrents, and by the grace of the posters here, I've had the pleasure of seeing matches I used to just have to wonder about. Shamefully, I have not uploaded anything in return yet (I do set my upload speed to 150 mbps upstream on torrents though) as I am a full time student and am working two jobs concurrently while attending school and I honestly will never have the time to both encode *and* upload these files. But I was just thinking with Limewire, there would be no uploading time. All you'd have to do is make the file available in your shared network. This would save all of you, and me, half the time it takes to make these videos availabel to this forum, right? I know torrents carry essentially the same principle, but there seems to be some technical issues associated with them. I would say, well more than those associated with a good p2p program, I use limewire. I'm new, so maybe you all have exercised this thought already and there is something I'm missing, but I just thought I'd put this out there for all you vets to disect.

*I am also a member of the Hingis forum and have posted this same proposal there.

--stevo

johnoo
May 22nd, 2006, 06:52 PM
no chance of this happening is there,not enough people willing to share for a start and everything uploading wise is a bit disorganised, and you want people to install P2P software,oh BTW 5mb download ain't fast anymore I'm on 10mb and its becoming the norm in the uk.

Rub
May 23rd, 2006, 02:37 AM
this is good... hopefully this can go all the way...

prowler
May 23rd, 2006, 12:12 PM
Whilst I don't object to P2P software on my machine....Limewire is not one of the ones I would advocate! Any P2P the user has to be very aware of malware, viruses, ransomware and other nasties - emule and shareaza seem to be the least trouble, but large files take absolutely forever to d/l. Torrents are probably still your best bet, and work around peoples online time, I leave my PC running 24/7 but most people don't.

prowler
May 23rd, 2006, 12:13 PM
no chance of this happening is there,not enough people willing to share for a start and everything uploading wise is a bit disorganised, and you want people to install P2P software,oh BTW 5mb download ain't fast anymore I'm on 10mb and its becoming the norm in the uk.

You are the lucky one! I'm still struggling to maintain 1 meg where I live!!!!