PDA

View Full Version : Who will win a GS Title 1st Martina or Maria.

tennisjay
May 21st, 2006, 04:59 PM
I think Martina for the obvious reasons, but what do some of you think.

ginger_fish668
May 21st, 2006, 05:04 PM
What's the obvious reason? ;)

I'd say Martina, who's my absolute fave EVAH! But I'd never wanna jinx her.

tennisjay
May 21st, 2006, 05:08 PM
What's the obvious reason? ;)

I'd say Martina, who's my absolute fave EVAH! But I'd never wanna jinx her.

Martina is just a more complete player, Maria still has a lot to learn on the tennis court. Martina is not may favorite but I'm happy to see her back on the tennis court. I just hope her and Venus can give us more to talk about besides endorsement deals, photo shoots, and looks like some other people.

Summer Snow
May 21st, 2006, 05:09 PM
Make it a poll please. At the beginning of the year, I would have said Maria; however, Hingis has proven that when she is on, she can beat NEARLY anyone. :) If her draw is good, and the big dogs are eliminated, she can win :D

PLP
May 21st, 2006, 05:18 PM
Marti has a great chance at RG and Maria doesn't so it has to be Hingis...Hopefully Maria will be able to play (RG), don't know what's up with the ankle...Maria of course will be a threat at Wimby if she is healthy, but Martina's net game is unbelievable so she will do well at Wimby too...hmm...I really think Hingis is a threat at all the slams, whereas Maria needs to step it up on clay...but maybe next year she will be able to play more on it>P

ginger_fish668
May 21st, 2006, 05:20 PM
Martina is just a more complete player, Maria still has a lot to learn on the tennis court. Martina is not may favorite but I'm happy to see her back on the tennis court. I just hope her and Venus can give us more to talk about besides endorsement deals, photo shoots, and looks like some other people.

Oh, I see. And here I was thinking that your obvious reason is your crazy hatred for Maria.... ;)

Martina is my Queen :worship: , and you will never hear any disagreements from me concerning the fact that Martina's a better player than Maria. :)

However, this thread was created with the sole purpose of putting Maria down, and that's just not cool. You're fooling no one. :)

jacobruiz
May 21st, 2006, 05:23 PM
Another Maria-bashing thread started by tennisjay. :yawn:

Maria and Marti head to head is 2-1, with Maria winning the last two. She is injured and hasn't played for seven weeks but she will be back to rub your nose in it as usual.

TeaMMashA
May 21st, 2006, 05:25 PM
Maria is like a drug for you :lol: You dont particuarly like it but you are addicted and need more and more of it too make you happy!

Sally Struthers
May 21st, 2006, 05:26 PM
If either of them ever do again it will be Martina since we all know Maria's WImbledon win was a fluke :tape:

tennisjay
May 21st, 2006, 05:27 PM
Oh, I see. And here I was thinking that your obvious reason is your crazy hatred for Maria.... ;)

Martina is my Queen :worship: , and you will never hear any disagreements from me concerning the fact that Martina's a better player than Maria. :)

However, this thread was created with the sole purpose of putting Maria down, and that's just not cool. You're fooling no one. :)

I am not, why can't I make a thread asking a honest question about Maria, when it's done to other players all the time. I could ask the same question of Myskina, Kuzzy, Momo, and Kim all these players have only won one slam while Martina has won numerous. Plus it's been over 2 years since Maria has been in a Grandslam Final when people said she was the next Serena.

The_Pov
May 21st, 2006, 05:29 PM
Looks like someone has a Maria obssession :lol:

TeaMMashA
May 21st, 2006, 05:29 PM
I am not, why can't I make a thread asking a honest question about Maria, when it's done to other players all the time. I could ask the same question of Myskina, Kuzzy, Momo, and Kim all these players have only won one slam while Martina has won numerous. Plus it's been over 2 years since Maria has been in a Grandslam Final when people said she was the next Serena.

Its because we all know your obsessed with her and putting her down and trying to make her fans look small and stupid, if your going to make a hate thread dont cover it up show some balls and just go out and say it.

Anyway Wimbledon is approaching thats my answer

furrykitten
May 21st, 2006, 05:30 PM
Aww I think he loves Maria really!

TeaMMashA
May 21st, 2006, 05:34 PM

If you go from this:

Look I'm not trying to start a fight, because I don't want some of you babies crying to the mod, but Serena, Venus, Martina, Jenn, and Lindsay rivalry is like a good drama series while Maria is a low budget reality series, most people like to watch a train crash, but really not interested in the out come.

To opening a thread where you question yourself and put her into contention for a grandslam title we know exactly what your intentions of this thread are and its quite ridiculous

tennisjay
Its because we all know your obsessed with her and putting her down and trying to make her fans look small and stupid, if your going to make a hate thread dont cover it up show some balls and just go out and say it.

Anyway Wimbledon is approaching thats my answer

SORRY :angel:

ginger_fish668

Then why didn't you put either Anastasia or Sveta or Amelie or Kim in the title question? Why Maria?

C'mon now. You hate Maria. Just admit it. :)

msharafan
May 21st, 2006, 05:36 PM
there he goes again and i have to say maria has a much better chance of winning a slam next than hingis does, hingis will get thrashed by the likes of justine kim and petrova on clay so unless all these players are injured she doesnt stand a chance, and also any other surface she doesnt have a chance if she comes up against the big guns she would get overpowered on grass and would be thrashed on this surface by maria. now tennisjay if you were looking for a fight im sure somone will have somthing to say about the statement ive just made, so im sure your laughing patheticly inside! you sad sick wako!!!

Brooklyn90
the way martina is playing i say she'll be the first to win one, i think her best chance is at this years usopen. I say maria will in one next year or in two years.

morningglory
Hmmm... tennisjay a Martina fan? since when? :haha:
She's Marshmallowing... (synonyms of "to Marshmallow"; bandwagon jumping; glory hogging etc.)

starr
May 21st, 2006, 05:39 PM
I think Martina for the obvious reasons, but what do some of you think.

Martina already has won GS titles so obviously, she did it before Sharapova. Also wasn't she younger when she got her first GS title?

So, the answer is Martina, but you already knew that, you little pot stirer you.

tennisjay
May 21st, 2006, 05:39 PM
Hmmm... tennisjay a Martina fan? since when? :haha:
She's Marshmallowing... (synonyms of "to Marshmallow"; bandwagon jumping; glory hogging etc.)

Believe me I'm not a Martina fan I just think she is good for tennis along with the WS, Jenn, Anna, Monica, and Lindsay. I'm just looking for good rivalries to bring tennis back where it use to be.

tennisjay
May 21st, 2006, 05:41 PM
Ok everyone lets just stop this before it gets way out of hand. So could someone delete this thred.

Martian KC
May 21st, 2006, 05:42 PM
:confused: :tape:

johnoo
May 21st, 2006, 05:48 PM
Believe me I'm not a Martina fan I just think she is good for tennis along with the WS, Jenn, Anna, Monica, and Lindsay. I'm just looking for good rivalries to bring tennis back where it use to be.
why is every topic you start about maria,listen you went away,nobody missed you,the board was going along nicely people posting about tennis and very little trolling,you comeback and start trolling and causing trouble again,why don't you check out the bbc forums especially the football ones cause you would feel right at home there with all the other trolls,on second thoughts you would be way out of depth there.

morningglory
May 21st, 2006, 05:49 PM
tennisjay, suddenly a peacerlover??? :haha:
remember the supposed period of attitude change last time? :haha: that lasted 3 days or so! :haha:

TeaMMashA
May 21st, 2006, 05:54 PM

In other words you like watching tennis players that have been there done that not gonna get much else from them in their careers and you hate players that havent been there and still have a lot to offer :confused:

lolo21
May 21st, 2006, 05:55 PM
there he goes again and i have to say maria has a much better chance of winning a slam next than hingis does, hingis will get thrashed by the likes of justine kim and petrova on clay so unless all these players are injured she doesnt stand a chance, and also any other surface she doesnt have a chance if she comes up against the big guns she would get overpowered on grass and would be thrashed on this surface by maria. now tennisjay if you were looking for a fight im sure somone will have somthing to say about the statement ive just made, so im sure your laughing patheticly inside! you sad sick wako!!!

Kim wasn t injured this week and still she lost against.....Safina who today was beaten by Martina in straight sets.
and you also have to remember the way she pushed Kim(who wasn t injured) very close in their AO 1/4 final ........so i don t see your point about her getting trashed by Kim if she isn t injured...

starr
May 21st, 2006, 05:58 PM
In other words you like watching tennis players that have been there done that not gonna get much else from them in their careers and you hate players that havent been there and still have a lot to offer :confused:

Or maybe she/he doesn't like Russians? :confused: Or tall blonds :confused:

Anyway, Maria is great. She's not done winning grand slams. She's a class player and she'll be around for a long long time to aggravate tennisjay. :)