PDA

View Full Version : Article in french Tennis Magazine : chances to win the French Open

janko
May 21st, 2006, 02:12 PM
By former tour player Alexia Dechaume-Balleret, based on former results, current activity and physical capacity (except for French players):

Mauresmo : 11,5 %
Henin : 11 %
Dementieva : 9 %
Kuznetsova : 8,5 %
Hingis : 8 %
Clijsters : 6,5 %
Petrova : 6,5 %
Sharapova : 6,5 %
Pierce : 5,5 %
Davenport : 5 % (article published 2 weeks ago)
Myskina: 5 %
V. Williams : 5 %
Golovin : 3 %
Schiavone : 3 %
Schnyder: 3 %
Dechy : 2,5 % :tape:
Ivanovic : 2 %

a little bit more than 100% ! :p quite objective (except maybe for Amelie...)

No Safarova, Kirilenko, Groenefeld, Vaidisova, Safina or Hantuchova :confused:

Wiggly
May 21st, 2006, 02:16 PM
Golovin 3%? She's doutbful :tape:
Dechy 2,5! It's a joke right? :tape:

Il Primo!
May 21st, 2006, 02:29 PM
Alexia is a former Momo's coach... :rolleyes:

janko
May 21st, 2006, 02:29 PM
Golovin 3%? She's doutbful :tape:
Dechy 2,5! It's a joke right? :tape:

for me too it sa joke, but reaching the 3rd round 10 times should be a proof of regularity :lol:

xin_hui
May 21st, 2006, 02:30 PM
the general player percentage is just :tape:

janko
May 21st, 2006, 02:30 PM
Alexia is a former Momo's coach... :rolleyes:

that s why she didn t gave her opinion about her

but even without it she s first, french paper anyway :rolleyes:

FrenchY52
May 21st, 2006, 02:34 PM
the general player percentage is just :tape:

Right

Leo_DFP
May 21st, 2006, 02:37 PM
Dementieva is surprisingly high - better chance than Clijsters, Petrova, or Kuznetsova?! :eek:

Modiac.
May 21st, 2006, 02:38 PM
I can see the predicitions are REALLY from French Tennis magazine.
Ivanovic's percentage is even lower than Dechy??
And Momo's is higher than Justine??
Moreover,I don't think Golovin can get equal chance with Schiavone.
Obviously,Alexia don't like Kim and Nadia.

FrenchY52
May 21st, 2006, 02:42 PM
I can see the predicitions are REALLY from French Tennis magazine.
Ivanovic's percentage is even lower than Dechy??
And Momo's is higher than Justine??
Moreover,I don't think Golovin can get equal chance with Schiavone.
Obviously,Alexia don't like Kim and Nadia.

Suppose if you had done your percentage you would have pick all the chinese girls over 5% ..

Il Primo!
May 21st, 2006, 02:44 PM
that s why she didn t gave her opinion about her

but even without it she s first, french paper anyway :rolleyes:
a ok..But I was so astonished when I bought this shit!Dementieva:9% :tape: She's mad!!How can a normal person expect so much of her,especially when we see that Petrova has only 6.5%(they already knew Petrova's won FFC and Amelia :rolleyes: ).
JHH should have been better rated also...

Experimentee
May 21st, 2006, 02:50 PM
Venus should be higher than Myskina, Amelie should not have the highest chance, and Dementieva should be down a few places.

IMO this should be the order of favourites

Henin
Clijsters
Petrova
Kuznetsova
V. Williams
Hingis
Mauresmo
Dementieva
Sharapova
Schiavone
Pierce
Schnyder
Ivanovic
Myskina
Golovin
Dechy

tennnisfannn
May 21st, 2006, 03:02 PM
IMO dementieva overated, petrova underrrated, no way does venus have the same chance as lindsay in winning the FO, If hingis wins tonight and she is two games away, then she is right up there with petrova and justine.

saby
May 21st, 2006, 03:15 PM
Each year it's the same, some players are overated, this is a stupid joke as always

timafi
May 21st, 2006, 03:24 PM
someone is bitter

Ryan
May 21st, 2006, 03:28 PM
Venus should be higher than Myskina, Amelie should not have the highest chance, and Dementieva should be down a few places.

Henin
Clijsters
Petrova
Kuznetsova
V. Williams
Hingis
Mauresmo
Dementieva
Sharapova
Schiavone
Pierce
Schnyder
Ivanovic
Myskina
Golovin
Dechy

Venus over Hingis, Mauresmo, Dementieva, and Pierce? Yeah, that's accurate.

Seyz
May 21st, 2006, 04:08 PM
This list is as objective as the Republican Party is about sexuality issues.

K-Dog
May 21st, 2006, 04:13 PM
I think that the list should be like this:

Petrova
Henin-Hardenne
Mauresmo
Hingis
Kuznetsova
Venus
Clijsters
Schiavone
Pierce (if she plays)
Sharapova (if she plays)
Patty

after that, no-one else should be mentioned. i doubt we'll see someone outside that group win this year.

tennisjay
May 21st, 2006, 04:16 PM
I see a Venus and Martina Final with Martina winning a close 7-5, 4-6, 7-5.

K-Dog
May 21st, 2006, 04:20 PM

while I would love another rematch of that (with Venus winning of course), I can't see either in the finals of RG. I see Hingis in the semi and Venus in the qtr., but I think that Hingis will prob go down in the semis to a Russian or Belgian (prob JHH).

*Jool*
May 21st, 2006, 04:38 PM
Dementieva higher than Petrova Kuznetsova , Hingis and Clijsters :spit:

leviathane
May 21st, 2006, 05:16 PM
I think that the list should be like this:

Petrova
Henin-Hardenne
Mauresmo
Hingis
Kuznetsova
Venus
Clijsters
Schiavone
Pierce (if she plays)
Sharapova (if she plays)
Patty

after that, no-one else should be mentioned. i doubt we'll see someone outside that group win this year.
I'm ok with your list, only for schiavone; i'm sure she has no chance to win Rg. why not Dinara, she loves Paris and reciproq

K-Dog
May 21st, 2006, 05:21 PM
I'm ok with your list, only for schiavone; i'm sure she has no chance to win Rg. why not Dinara, she loves Paris and reciproq

well schiavone is a tough cookie on clay, so I put her in there. dinara has had one good result on clay this season. she hasn't had any other good results at RG to speak of, so I decided to not consider her a fav. maybe i can take franny out, but dinara hasn't shown the maturity in a grand slams setting to date.

Uranus
May 21st, 2006, 06:26 PM
"Ah, le chauvinisme français, décidément pas une légende !" :lol:

CJ07
May 21st, 2006, 06:37 PM
This list is as objective as the Republican Party is about sexuality issues.
:rolleyes: What? :topic:

CJ07
May 21st, 2006, 06:40 PM
Henin-Hardenne
Petrova
--------------
Mauresmo
--------------
Hingis
Kuznetsova
Venus
Clijsters

Nobody else has a chance, unless its a total fluke.

Allez-H
May 21st, 2006, 06:58 PM
This article was made I think right after the Fed Cup (I've got the mag) and that's why Dementieva is rated so high and Petrova so low, as for Momo, that's pure patriotism

hablo
May 21st, 2006, 07:05 PM
Poor Momo :o:hug:

tennisrox
May 21st, 2006, 08:21 PM
Dechy?? :tape:

anlavalle
May 21st, 2006, 08:32 PM

Henin
Clijsters
Petrova
Kuznetsova
V. Williams
Hingis
Mauresmo
Dementieva
Sharapova
Schiavone
Pierce
Schnyder
Ivanovic
Myskina
Golovin
Dechy

V. Williams and Hingis first than Amelie COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anlavalle
May 21st, 2006, 08:37 PM

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :haha:

honeyke
May 21st, 2006, 08:52 PM
justine has probably the best chance to win.she is the most consistent player on clay. kim,nadia,amélie or whoever sometimes have `off-days` on this surface

~~*Elena.D*~~
May 21st, 2006, 08:54 PM
:tape: I think that the list should be like this:

Petrova
Henin-Hardenne
Mauresmo
Hingis
Kuznetsova
Venus
Clijsters
Schiavone
Pierce (if she plays)
Sharapova (if she plays)
Patty

No Dementieva? :tape:

K-Dog
May 21st, 2006, 09:54 PM
:tape:

No Dementieva? :tape:

nope. her serve won't let her win a major. she has the ground game, but when you serve double digit double faults againt top 15 players, you often lose at the biggest events. 2004 was an anomaly imo. Other than Mauresmo, she can a cakewalk draw that she struggled through. btw, she just lost to Safina 6-1 6-1. that really can't help the psyche at all.

switz
May 21st, 2006, 11:49 PM
wow i can't believe there is bias in her predictions :mad: i've never seen a tennis journalist or poster on this board favour players they like before :lol:

I've said Chanda is going to win Roland Garros about 20 times this year and she's not even playing :lol:

WIMBLY2004
May 22nd, 2006, 12:13 AM
Mauresmo higher than JHH :haha: :haha: :haha:

Dementieva higher than Kuznetsova/Petrova :haha: :haha: :haha:

RJWCapriati
May 22nd, 2006, 12:14 AM
:lol: Those statistics are very funny..........

Modiac.
May 22nd, 2006, 02:33 AM
Suppose if you had done your percentage you would have pick all the chinese girls over 5% ..

No,I think I wouldn't do that.
'cause I'm not a joke-maker. :cool:

HotSpot
May 22nd, 2006, 02:44 AM
When I see Momo on the top of the list.... i know it's just a joke...

UDACHi
May 22nd, 2006, 02:45 AM
I'd do it like this:

Henin-Hardenne.

Kuznetsova.
Petrova.
Clijsters.

Venus.
Dementieva.
Mauresmo.
Hingis.

Sharapova.
Schnyder.
Pierce (if she plays).

Dechy.

No Name Face
May 22nd, 2006, 02:46 AM
Dementieva at #3!?

i mean i'm a huge fan, but WTF. dementieva's usually only the favorite as the seed most likely to get upset in the first round

K-Dog
May 22nd, 2006, 02:58 AM
Dementieva at #3!?

i mean i'm a huge fan, but WTF. dementieva's usually only the favorite as the seed most likely to get upset in the first round

yeah, dementieva' head is a huge issue for her. she's a great fighter against the top players, but those lower ranked players bring her nerves out in a bad way.

UDACHi
May 22nd, 2006, 03:08 AM
yeah, dementieva' head is a huge issue for her. she's a great fighter against the top players, but those lower ranked players bring her nerves out in a bad way.

I think he was just surprised that she was put so high because she's not usually given any credit in these articles.

K-Dog
May 22nd, 2006, 03:19 AM
I think he was just surprised that she was put so high because she's not usually given any credit in these articles.
yeah seeing her at the 3rd best position is kind of strange in a way. did you see her article in ESPN the Magazine? some good stuff in there.

No Name Face
May 22nd, 2006, 03:20 AM

or she loses 1 and 1. there is no middle ground. and they dont even have to be a super top player. color me bitter.

this is what i was getting at, yes.

pancake
May 22nd, 2006, 03:23 AM
Woo, as if you were a fair person and had no bias toward French players :rolleyes:

K-Dog
May 22nd, 2006, 03:29 AM
or she loses 1 and 1. there is no middle ground. and they dont even have to be a super top player. color me bitter.

this is what i was getting at, yes.

yeah, elena is what we call unpredictable. your favs are all unpredictable. elena, serena, venus. let's just say this. if there was a match that my life depended upon, i would not put elena out there. i couldn't trust her.

space_gracie
May 22nd, 2006, 03:36 AM
yeah, elena is what we call unpredictable. your favs are all unpredictable. elena, serena, venus. let's just say this. if there was a match that my life depended upon, i would not put elena out there. i couldn't trust her.

i agree that elena is so unpredictable but i'm sure that if elena know's your life or anyone's life depends on how she plays the match, she'll surely win it! Coz with elena, I think there should be some great motivation for her to really perform at her best.

xin_hui
May 22nd, 2006, 06:01 AM
but i'm sure that if elena know's your life or anyone's life depends on how she plays the match, she'll surely win it!

didnt happen when russia was dependent on her in fed cup to win JHH :tape: 6-2 6-0:tape:

LostGlory
May 22nd, 2006, 06:39 AM
I wont comment on these Odds untill I see the draw....it all depends on the draw in the end.....

Drake1980
May 22nd, 2006, 06:43 AM
Hingis:banana:

WIMBLY2004
May 22nd, 2006, 09:53 AM

You may do that, but not everybody wants to make a fool of themselves :tape:

Experimentee
May 23rd, 2006, 04:58 AM
Venus over Hingis, Mauresmo, Dementieva, and Pierce? Yeah, that's accurate.

Mauresmo hasnt proven that she can perform at RG, in fact she is well below her best there. Dementieva's past GS final performances have been pretty dire, so she obviously doesnt have the mentality to win a GS final, and Pierce hasnt played in how long? Venus and Hingis have played twice recently and its 1-1, so they'd be about an equal chance. I'd give the edge to Venus as she has more recent experience with winning a GS, Martina hasnt won one since 2000.