PDA

View Full Version : They're both going down the same route, but.............

Cassius
May 23rd, 2002, 04:07 AM
Who will win a singles title first?
Anna Kournikova or Elena Dementieva?

They make an interesting couple don't you think? They are almost complete opposites but they are also remarkably similar in what they've achieved. Or shoud that be, what they've yet to achieve.

kournikovafan13
May 23rd, 2002, 04:12 AM
Why'd you move this from Anna Maniacs Cassius?:p

Well my opinion remains the same and I'm too lazy to type it up again :o

So I'll keep it short and sweet - Anna.:D

Elena is definately talented but I think Anna is more. All though at the moment both are performing hopelessly.:sad:

Berlin_Calling
May 23rd, 2002, 04:12 AM
my girl anna :bounce: :bounce:

Cassius
May 23rd, 2002, 04:22 AM
KOURNIKOVAFAN13, I moved it because someone suggested that if I wanted more people to see it and vote on it, I should put it in general messages.
And my poll in the Anna-maniacs forum, I was just taking the piss, whereas now it is a totally serious:rolleyes: question.

Tatiana Panova
May 23rd, 2002, 11:13 PM
They are both fantastic athletes who need some serious work on certain aspects of their game. Anna's has become a joke and it is mostly in her head - she just spins it in with no momentum behind it. It is an synonymous problem with Elena. They both have mental weaknesses which they have to sort out before they can win a title. They also need some good coaches. Ya know, I don't know how long we will have to wait before they win a title!

Volcana
May 23rd, 2002, 11:43 PM
Elena. She has a mean streak. Also, she never loses track of her weapon. She needs something besides a forehand, but she's still got the second most lethal forehand on the tour. Anna's weapon is her athleticism, and she seems to have lost track of how to exploit that.

I go near this subject with trepidation, but I have to admit I wonder if Anna's SMART enough to learn to win. Elena's game has stagnated, but it hasn't collapsed like Anna's.

ghosts
May 24th, 2002, 12:04 AM
maybe none :o

Kart
May 24th, 2002, 12:07 AM
I really hope it's Anna.