PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a report of DAY1

TheItalianStyle
May 13th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Today at about 11:30 I arrived at the Foro Italico....it was a sunny and hot day...at 12.00 the first 4 matches began...
Here in Rome all the courts are near so I could see part of all the match

On court 3 the first match was Kutuzova-Tu...they played two good sets (even if I saw just some parts of those set); in the third set Kutuzova did so many mistakes while Tu improved her game and won the match....

On court 4 Bondarenko-Yuan was so far the best match of the day...The Chinese had some problems in the first set and needed a medical time-out...
Anywhere most of the point finished with a winner, expecially from Katerina....the best match I've seen

On court 5 I saw Rolle-Ondraskova..not a great match; it was the first I saw Rolle, she did many stupid mistakes and Ondraskova was actually pleased...

On court 6 Li defeat Washington 61 26 63.....I saw some parts of this match...Mashona played an awful match, except in the second when she hit plenty of winners...

Later other match started...
On court 3 I saw just Olga Savchuk, as i spoke for a little before with her...
She served really well and she has a wonderful backhand...60 60 in 45 minutes....

Another good match was Knapp-Bychkova and when i went away Karin was leading 42 in the third.....what a shame...

Anywhere I saw also other matches but not that important...

I saw also some main draw players: first of all Maria Sharapova :hearts: :hearts:; Francesca Schiavone, Anna Chakvetadze, Maria Kirilenko, Nathalie Dechy, Virginie Razzano, Jill Craybas, Maria Elena Camerin :hearts: , Catalina Castano, Jelena Jankovic....that's all i think...

Ah...i couldn't take pics as my camera was broken...

More news tomorrow

Ellery
May 13th, 2006, 08:59 PM

Wiggly
May 13th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Could you ask to any Czech player why Benesova withdraw :angel:

You're report talks about alot of matches, it's superb ;)

King Aaron
May 14th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Thanks. :)