PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay in Istanbul.

Andrew..
May 13th, 2006, 09:32 PM
About one week until the tournament starts.

I hope she shows up.

Cheer!

LDF
May 13th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Win the title Lindsay! :dance:

The Daviator
May 13th, 2006, 10:41 PM
I hope she shows up too, a nice appetiser ahead of the Slams, and hopefully if she shows up she'll get her first red clay title since 1999 :bounce:

LindsayRulz
May 13th, 2006, 10:44 PM
:bounce: GO LINDSAY!!! :bounce:

Ty-Ty
May 14th, 2006, 12:28 AM
I think this is really good, playing new tournaments. She did this with Dubai and showed up an won.

Woot Lindsay. Please be there.

RJWCapriati
May 14th, 2006, 12:37 AM
Win it Lindsay!!

tennisboi
May 14th, 2006, 02:59 AM
Lindsay prove the doubters wrong and win Istanbul and then Wimby:worship:

Elldee
May 14th, 2006, 09:41 AM
I think she'll be there... it's been Lindsay-free too longggggggg.

Golinds
May 14th, 2006, 06:47 PM
be there Lindsay... and win 4 gods sake!! :bounce: :worship:

mike/topgun
May 14th, 2006, 09:19 PM
be there Lindsay...and be healthy for gods sake

The Daviator
May 14th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Sharapova is out of Rome, so will she come here? Extend her head-to-head over Lindsay to 5-1? :tape:

tennisboi
May 15th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Sharapova is out of Rome, so will she come here? Extend her head-to-head over Lindsay to 5-1? :tape:

Linz is better on clay and IMO she is just better than Maria but the head to head is off putting

Andrew..
May 15th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Maria is not playing Istanbul. End of story.

Lindsayfan
May 15th, 2006, 11:49 AM
You know what? A few days ago, an italian commentator said "Lindsay is not playing Rome,she doesn't like clay, everyone knows that. But this year there may be an other reason for her absence...rumours are that she's pregnant".
I don't believe him, but it's just to let you know... :o

Lindsayfan32
May 15th, 2006, 12:49 PM
You know what? A few days ago, an italian commentator said "Lindsay is not playing Rome,she doesn't like clay, everyone knows that. But this year there may be an other reason for her absence...rumours are that she's pregnant".
I don't believe him, but it's just to let you know... :o

So what if the rumour is true. Lindsay doesn't hide the fact she wants to start a family once career has ended. Better to have it end that way than from injury.

The Daviator
May 15th, 2006, 02:17 PM
So what if the rumour is true. Lindsay doesn't hide the fact she wants to start a family once career has ended. Better to have it end that way than from injury.

If the rumours are true, then that's it for Lindsay! She's done, there's no way she's gonna have a baby and then come back :lol: I'm all for Lindsay having kids, and I know she really wants that, but surely she can wait a while ;)

lindsayno1
May 15th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Lol!!!

mike/topgun
May 15th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Mrs Leach...wait a moment you have to win this god darm slam;)
Well it'd be great for Lindsay to end her careere in such a way...positive accent for good bye to the tour. Still, I don't believe it as there hasn't been any official statement from Davenport herself...just rumours:p

alfonsojose
May 15th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Lindsay :yeah:

GrandSlam05
May 15th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Lindsay, win this and then confidently thunder through RG without losing a set!

Andrew..
May 15th, 2006, 07:25 PM
She's not pregnant.

GrandSlam05
May 15th, 2006, 08:10 PM
RG Final 2006:
L. Davenport def. K. Clijsters 7-6(13), 1-6, 20-18
Marks my words this is how it shall be written.

LethalLindsay
May 15th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Someone's been out with the telescope, binoculars and a map of Laguna Beach again!!!!

GrandSlam05
May 15th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Someone's been out with the telescope, binoculars and a map of Laguna Beach again!!!!
LMFAO :lol: !

GrandSlam05
May 15th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I did get a peep of Lindsay practicing on clay the other day. She's really improving her clay-court game. She was mixing it up, using angles ALOT, hitting with topsin but flattening at the right time. Excellent lobs and drop-shots and carved smashes. She's even sliding. I expect nothing less than total domination in Paris (even if she meets Justine).

RJWCapriati
May 15th, 2006, 08:44 PM
RG Final 2006:

Can we just make it easy and make it 6-0, 6-0? :lol:

Andrew..
May 15th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I did get a peep of Lindsay practicing on clay the other day. She's really improving her clay-court game. She was mixing it up, using angles ALOT, hitting with topsin but flattening at the right time. Excellent lobs and drop-shots and carved smashes. She's even sliding. I expect nothing less than total domination in Paris (even if she meets Justine).
I had lunch with her and Gwen the other day.

Beat that.

GrandSlam05
May 15th, 2006, 09:08 PM
I had lunch with her and Gwen the other day.

Beat that.
I gave her and Joan Cusack a full Brazillian wax this morning. Let's just say it needed to be done.

GrandSlam05
May 15th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Can we just make it easy and make it 6-0, 6-0? :lol:
Of course 6-0 6-0 if she is injury free, if the backs flares up, it may be an epic battle.

The Daviator
May 16th, 2006, 12:19 AM
RG Final 2006:

:lol: The thought of Lindsay going to 20-18 in the third on clay is :spit:

Lindsayfan32
May 16th, 2006, 12:41 AM
She's not pregnant.

Why I'm I not surpised by this statement!!!!!!:)

Andrew..
May 16th, 2006, 01:13 AM
What.

lindsayno1
May 16th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Lindsay...slide on clay...thats like seeing pigs fly! I would really rather she didnt mess up her knee again!

mike/topgun
May 16th, 2006, 09:58 AM
pigs can fly actually...not in reality.
We'll see soon how it's going with that bulging disc. I'm not expecting a great run there, but who knws.Maybe she's undergone a surgery or something so that she could move and play her game without feeling uncomfortable virtualy being stiff etc.

Elldee
May 16th, 2006, 11:46 AM
pigs can fly actually...not in reality.
We'll see soon how it's going with that bulging disc. I'm not expecting a great run there, but who knws.Maybe she's undergone a surgery or something so that she could move and play her game without feeling uncomfortable virtualy being stiff etc.

If she'd had surgery I'm sure she wouldn't be playing here... not to mention the fact that all she needed was to rest it. I want newsssssssssss.

lindsayno1
May 16th, 2006, 12:54 PM
has lindsay pulled out? Sharapovas in now and lindsays not on the entry list...

mike/topgun
May 16th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Lindsay pulled out?... could be.
Strangely, I was not being surprised at all when I saw Masha on the list:p

As for the surgery - it's about 8 weeks from what was Lindsays last match on tour...there are many different techniques of surgery treating so called "bulging disc"...f.e. one day you have it done for like 1 hour with a special kind of catheter (with a hot ending:p) and in a few weeks time you're able to move, ski, or even play tennis.
We want news...official news actually!

alfonsojose
May 16th, 2006, 01:58 PM
She probably will play a grass tourney before Wimby

lindsayno1
May 16th, 2006, 02:00 PM
PLEASE let it be Birmingham!!!

mike/topgun
May 16th, 2006, 03:11 PM
let it be Eastbourne:p
Birmingham isn't televised I'm afraid;) and I'd love to see Lindsay on grass before the ultimate chance.

lindsayno1
May 16th, 2006, 03:20 PM
nah tis all about birmingham!!! im going there...nice little tourney for her to get some match practice and probs a title

The Daviator
May 16th, 2006, 04:45 PM
This is so disappointing, forget about her RG prep, I just wanted to see her back, and maybe winning a title, how can the back still be causing her problems? She's been resting for over 2 months...

Hmmm, I fully expect her to withdraw form RG now, please get well soon Linds :hug:

Andrew..
May 16th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Her back isn't the problem.

Bahamaitis is the problem.

LethalLindsay
May 16th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Andrew....do you want to try that "Maria is not playing Istanbul. End of story." statement again!

mike/topgun
May 16th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Andrew are you a d-o-c-t-o-r to judge her back...
becouse I believe we all do want to see her back...LOLZ

!<blocparty>!
May 16th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Lindsay won't play Birmingham. LOL. Why would she want to go to Birmingham.

lindsayno1
May 16th, 2006, 11:43 PM
same reason sharapova did...

same reason dementieva did...

Andrew..
May 17th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Andrew....do you want to try that "Maria is not playing Istanbul. End of story." statement again!
If Lindsay was playing, she wouldn't be. The WTA is forcing her to play right now to meet the GE requirement.

Andrew..
May 17th, 2006, 12:01 AM
same reason sharapova did...

same reason dementieva did...
She never did in the past, what makes you think she'll start now.

If anything, she'll play Eastbourne, and I doubt she even plays that.

!<blocparty>!
May 17th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Plus, the city itself is shit, she would hate it. I kind of wish she does play though, tickets are cheap as hell and it would be fun to see her murder the entire field.

I hope she plays Eastbourne. She could maybe make the semi's and retire with pneumonia.

Andrew..
May 17th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Or, she could do it the Ree way: Play no matches for months, show up, bullshit your way through the first few rounds, then sucks losts by the QF.

I assume that's the plan right now.

lindsayno1
May 17th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Plus, the city itself is shit

that i'd agree with...! Shed like the shops there though.
Edgebaston is like a different world thou. its like a mini wimbledon - big expensive houses there!!

Andrew..
May 19th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Sharapova withdraws from Istanbul Open

ISTANBUL, Turkey (AP) -- Maria Sharapova (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/403/) pulled out of the Istanbul Open on Friday, citing a right ankle injury that forced her withdrawal from last week's tournament in Rome.

The 2004 Wimbledon champion, who is No. 4 in the world, was to be the top-seeded player at the Istanbul Open that begins Monday. Sharapova hasn't played since she lost to Svetlana Kuznetsova (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/151/) 6-4, 6-3 in the final of the Nasdaq-100 Open on April 1.

Thirteenth-ranked Anastasia Myskina (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/101/) of Russia and No. 14 Anna-Lena Groenefeld (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/621/) of Germany are now the highest-ranked players.

K.

mike/topgun
May 19th, 2006, 04:38 PM
It's not a surprise that Masha is out...she couuld be out from RG too, with her ankle still bothering her. She hasn't been playing since Miami...that's quite long time.The withdrawal list for RG could be very long this year imho...And some of the "favourites" are struggling with their form: Clijsters, Kuznetsova, JHH, Petrova, Dementieva...Pierce and Sharapova didn't play a single match on clay...Hingis looks erratic when pushed hard
etc...
It's not elegant, but I'd like to see Nadia and JuJu withdraw from Paris, or get knocked out before QFs:tape: so that Lindsay could be 4th seed in Wimbledon:p But I'm not sure that the higher seeding would help...good health and some luck would help definitely.

GrandSlam05
May 19th, 2006, 07:42 PM
It's not elegant, but I'd like to see Nadia and JuJu withdraw from Paris, or get knocked out before QFs:tape: so that Lindsay could be 4th seed in Wimbledon:p But I'm not sure that the higher seeding would help...good health and some luck would help definitely.
True, or have them burn themselves out at RG then maybe they'll suck at Wimbledon. And maybe Sharapova will play RG and fight-tooth-and-nail so she'll have to withdraw from Wimby. It'd be nice.

lindsayno1
May 19th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Justine sucked at wimbledon last year... heres to doing the same this year! Didnt she lose to danillidou? haha it was funny whatever....! If only sharapova would do the same!

GrandSlam05
May 19th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Justine sucked at wimbledon last year... heres to doing the same this year! Didnt she lose to danillidou? haha it was funny whatever....! If only sharapova would do the same!
I'd rather see Justine go down in flames to Lindsay, but I won't be a wishful thinker, so I just hope we don't have to face JuJu.

mike/topgun
May 19th, 2006, 11:46 PM
JuJu on grass...with all her skills and technique she's dangerous, but imho Lindsay on a given day, serving well should handle her pretty easily. Don't remember, but it seems that mrs Hardenne has been having some problems with her serve lately...and I don't remember when was the last time she won a 3 set battle against a top player...well after AO that is.
Masha and/or Venus are more of a threat to Lindsay on grass than any other players on tour. They've big serves and hard, agressive groundstrokes, whilst JHH is much of a baseliner, getting balls back waiting for errors - mainly defending herself from the big babes...of course she can be agressive aswell, but she hasn't shown that for a while - that's why I'm more nervous bout the VW and MS sneaking around in Davenport's half of the Wimbledon's draw:p