PDA

View Full Version : Arantxa's loss puts her around no 30 in the world..

monster
May 23rd, 2002, 01:17 AM
One positive is she has very little to defend for a while now.
Can she come back?

disposablehero
May 23rd, 2002, 01:23 AM
Somewhat. I don't think she will rise above #15 again.

Julian
May 23rd, 2002, 02:15 AM
Well, it had to happen sooner or later...but hey Arantxa's been in the top 20 for over 13 years!! But agreed after this Spanish Open Arantxa has virtually no points to defend during the summer. VAMOS ARANTXA!! THERE IS STILL HOPE! :)

DEETHELICK
May 23rd, 2002, 09:39 AM
Well I'm glad that she has dropped now, as hopefully any pressure she has about defending points will be out of her system!!!

She has something ridiculous like 41 points to defend until the US Open so hopefully she makes a comeback, she is STILL way too talented to be ranked so low!

Vamos Arantxa :D I have faith!!!

Miranda
May 23rd, 2002, 09:55 AM
i think she can rise again :)

wave
May 23rd, 2002, 11:04 AM
Her fans including me hope that she will come back. Her fight in the second set yesterday gave us some confidence for that.
Vamos Arantxa!

Williams Rulez
May 23rd, 2002, 11:13 AM
Poor Arantxa... :sad:

Monica_Rules
May 23rd, 2002, 11:48 AM
I think she might rise but she'll have to play better!

But i don't think she'll get much higher than 20

Darran
May 23rd, 2002, 12:40 PM
I think over the next couple of months shell definately rise but it all depends on the luck of the draw. At the french she could make 4th round but unfortunately i dont give her much hope of getting past that.

Eastborne and wimbledon are on her schedule and grass aint her best surface but i cant see 3 first round exits occurring.

Id expect her to get say about 200 points out of the 3 at the least and that should push her back into the top 20.

anabel
May 23rd, 2002, 12:45 PM
Well, she cant droppe more, so she can only raise now ;)

กกVamos Arantxa!!

Ntosake
May 23rd, 2002, 01:18 PM
I always viewed her as a really fiesty player, so there's hope she can get back up in the rankings.

Jem
May 23rd, 2002, 02:21 PM
Aranxta has been a great champion, and she may well rack up a few more big upsets and tournament results in her career. But I'm afraid her best days are well behind her. Given her style of play -- patient play, retrieving so many balls, chasing down every shot -- I think it's only natural that she would lose the edge. It's a very hard style of game to maintain because it takes a lot out of you mentally. I'm not sure she's still physically or mentally up to the grind of it.

Amanda
May 23rd, 2002, 04:18 PM
I would be very nervous if i had to face ASV in any match...especially clay. Don't let the low ranking fool ya! Ditto for Iva.....just when you think she is washed up, she springs back and shocks the #@%! out of her opponents and "experts".

Brian Stewart
May 23rd, 2002, 04:33 PM
She'll bounce back. This is basically a bottoming out for her. She has almost no points to defend at RG, and barring a horrendous draw, she should be able to at least hold her seed. And she's virtually guaranteed a seed at Wimbledon. I would be shocked if she finished the year outside the top 20.

THE NET
May 23rd, 2002, 06:11 PM
Maybe she will retire soon. Poor ARANTXA !!

:sad: