PDA

View Full Version : Fed(up) Cup

Volcana
May 23rd, 2002, 12:56 AM
A whole new format. Each team consists of five players. All of them play one singles. The USA will field two teams because I'm from there.

What should the teams be?

Which countries team is the strongest. You can use injured players, but not retired ones.

US1

Venus Williams
Serena Williams
Lindsay Davenport
Amy Frazier
Meilen Tu

US2

Jennifer Capriati
Monica Seles
Meghann Shaughnessy
Alexandra Stevenson
Lisa Raymond

WHich country would field the best 5 person team?

Williams Rulez
May 23rd, 2002, 09:59 AM
US1...

Lindsay, Venus, Serena... that is just impeccable

per4ever
May 23rd, 2002, 10:00 AM
if you add France, Russia, Switzerland :eek:, I think you should add Belgium as well!!!!!!!!!

Mercury Rising
May 23rd, 2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by per4ever
if you add France, Russia, Switzerland :eek:, I think you should add Belgium as well!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I agree, although we only have 2 good players :rolleyes: ;)

per4ever
May 23rd, 2002, 04:10 PM
do you know 5 good swiss girls? :rolleyes:

thekimfan
May 23rd, 2002, 04:53 PM
Can't choose Belgium?!?:eek:

TatiAnnah°lic
May 23rd, 2002, 04:57 PM
Espa˝a de mis amores :hearts: ;);)

Fedcup
May 23rd, 2002, 05:18 PM
Belgium would already be caertain to take 2 games. Els Callens and others like ELke Clijsters or Kirsten Flipkens can make a surprise win agains other 3-5 players of other countries.

But our first two players will win and that you can't say of the USA. Just look at this year. No defense on player quality. But on team qualtiy the USA is simply not good. Their are more ego's than a team;

And yes why didn't you include Belgium?

Suisse got Hingis,Snyder and Mkaillivian (or something like that)
We got Henin and Clijsters. If one of those last two wins against a Suisse player the suisse 4th and maybe fifht playes need to win and so they will be in the same position as Belgium.

So three top players isn't enough to make a five single player team. Because if they play against a 2 top player team and loose those matches their are in the same positon. That's why their are only 2 single players needed in Fed Cup. Other wise it will be more the batlle of the lower players(lower than top 30) who decided the encounters. And deciding matches with top payers and probaply with top tennis is more exciting to watch. Their is one country that can deliver real 5 top players and that's the USA. So this topic is stupid. IF you ask it again in fifty years (Then Europe will be maybe one countrie) than we have at least two teams.