PDA

View Full Version : TT Thread Outlay, Rules, Questions, General Rules Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

SloKid
May 12th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Tennis Tipping | Tournament Name
__________(Date of the tournament)
Tier I, www.homepage.com

>>>Banner, tournament picture or something similar here<<<

Welcome to _________(Tournament Name)! The xxth tournament of the Tennis Tipping season. Read the rules and sign-up information and then decide to join!

Playing the game is simple:
- before the tournament start the qualifying and the main draw are made.
- if you're in the qualifying you send in your pick of day 1 matches in a PM to the person running the tournament (including the set ratios for each match) You also send the exact score of one chosen match by the person running the tournament as a tie-breaker. The result you get is used throughout the qualifying rounds
- main draw starts on day 2, all qualifiers and players directly into the main draw send their picks with set ratios and a tie-breaker score to the person running the game
- the results will be posted as soon as possible.
- you have to send your picks, before the first match of the day starts, if you send your picks late, then all the picks for the matches already started or finished won't be counted
- a match will not count in case of a retirement, withdrawal, if a player is defaulted or any late schedule changes
- you get a point for each correctly predicted winner and a bonus point for the correctly predicted set ratio, the person running the game can decide if the set ratios get counted for a certain round (you're still obliged to send them), this depends on the number of matches, if there is a large number of matches played in one day, then set ratios might not get counted.

The Number Of Participants Per Round:

Day 1 - Qualifying Players
Day 2 - MD starts - 32 Players
Day 3 - Round of last 16 Players
Day 4- QF
QF - SF
SF+F - F

Commitment: If you want to play post a commitment in the Tennis Tipping commitment thread: http://www.linktothecommitmentthread.com
Notify me if you committed but do not see your name on the entry list after the commitments close. All picks should be sent by PM, in case if the board is down for more than 1 day, the tournament will be cancelled.
For more info: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=235513

SloKid
May 12th, 2006, 07:50 AM
So the first post is for all tournament managers: it's how all the threads should look like. Just take that, when starting the thread and add needed info.

And you all know that the thread should be titled: Tennis Tipping #xx | Tournament Name

2nd post should include the entry list.
3rd post should include the draws and scores.
4th post should include the list of daily matches.

And it would be good if tournament managers would edit the title to remind people of sending their votes. :)

When any inovations or rule changes will be made that will be seen in the thread outlay as it will be edited properly.

:)

SloKid
May 12th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Since CooCooCachoo kind of gave me the rights to this game I'm kind of in charge. But of course I don't see it that way.
Unlike some other games, this game will never be run by just one or two people with other players unable to suggest or get involved in development.
This game is for the players by the players and this game belongs to the players themselves, we, the players, make it what it is. I will just be here to make sure things run smoothly and help, where help is needed.
Everyone who ran a tournament did a great job to make this game what it is right now, a fun weekly experience. :)
So every rules and gameplay changes will be discussed and then put to vote, where every player will have their say in it.

Thank you
Milan :)

SloKid
May 12th, 2006, 07:51 AM
In this thread you can ask questions about the game, suggest some changes or just say what's bothering you. :)

SloKid
I asked for this thread to be made a sticky. :)

SloKid
Tennis Tipping | Tournament Name
__________(Date of the tournament)
Tier I, www.homepage.com

>>>Banner, tournament picture or something similar here<<<

Welcome to _________(Tournament Name)! The xxth tournament of the Tennis Tipping season. Read the rules and sign-up information and then decide to join!

Playing the game is simple:
- before the tournament start the qualifying and the main draw are made.
- if you're in the qualifying you send in your pick of day 1 matches in a PM to the person running the tournament (including the set ratios for each match) You also send the exact score of one chosen match by the person running the tournament as a tie-breaker. The result you get is used throughout the qualifying rounds
- main draw starts on day 2, all qualifiers and players directly into the main draw send their picks with set ratios and a tie-breaker score to the person running the game
- the results will be posted as soon as possible.
- you have to send your picks, before the first match of the day starts, if you send your picks late, then all the picks for the matches already started or finished won't be counted
- a match will not count in case of a retirement, withdrawal, if a player is defaulted or any late schedule changes
- you get a point for each correctly predicted winner and a bonus point for the correctly predicted set ratio, the person running the game can decide if the set ratios get counted for a certain round (you're still obliged to send them), this depends on the number of matches, if there is a large number of matches played in one day, then set ratios might not get counted.

The Number Of Participants Per Round:

Day 1 - Qualifying Players
Day 2 - MD starts - 32 Players
Day 3 - Round of last 16 Players
Day 4- QF
QF - SF
SF+F - F

For doubles:
- all above rules still apply
- you still tip the WTA singles matches, not the doubles
- you team up with another player of TT tournament and the score of the team is the combined scores of both players
- for commiting your team, just post a commitment in the relative thread of the TT tournament, like "posterA/posterB is a team"

Doubles:

Day 2 + Day 3 - MD starts - 16 Teams
Day 4 - QF
Day 5 - SF
Day 6 + DAY 7 - F

Commitment: If you want to play post a commitment in the Tennis Tipping commitment thread: http://www.linktothecommitmentthread.com
Notify me if you committed but do not see your name on the entry list after the commitments close. All picks should be sent by PM, in case if the board is down for more than 1 day, the tournament will be cancelled.
For more info: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=235513

Ceze
May 12th, 2006, 09:31 AM
well done Milan :)

Tennace
May 12th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Good Job Milan :yeah:

kj-
May 12th, 2006, 04:11 PM
yup.. nice job.. from players to players..

Klurt
May 16th, 2006, 11:03 AM
A question: How exactly is the winner decided when it comes down to the tie-breaker match?

SloKid
May 16th, 2006, 11:10 AM
This is how I explained it to belco:
I hope I will get this out so you can understand it
Here are the possible scenarios using Clijsters vs. Kuznetsova for example:
1) Player A picks Clijsters to win, player B picks Kuznetsova to win in the TB
Clijsters wins - Player A through
Kuznetsova wins - Player B through
The scores they sent are irrelevant. It only matters, who they picked to win the Tie-breaker

2) Player A picks Clijsters in 2 in the tie-breaker (not the actual pick), Player B picks Clijsters in 3.
Clijsters wins in 2 - Player A through
Clijsters wins in 3 - Player B through

3) Player A picks Clijsters in 3, Player B picks Clijsters in 2 in the TB
Clijsters loses - Player A through as he picked her opponent to win a set

4) Both pick Clijsters in 2 or 3
Clijsters loses - the player, who had Kuznetsova winning most games is through

5) Both pick Clijsters in 2 or 3
Clijsters wins in 2 or 3 - the player, who got closest to the actual score is through (for example correct set order if she wins in 3)

6) In case both have the same TB pick then their previous round result is the tie-breaker. In case this happens in the first round then they send their picks for the next round too and that determines, who is through.

Let me know in case I forgot any possible scenarios. :)

Bubba08
May 16th, 2006, 07:18 PM
When we have to pick a LL, do we take the highest seed who lost in the final round of the qualification or do we pick the looser who had the best score?

EDIT: Sh*t it is not the good thread.
Sorry.

SloKid
May 18th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Why is this not the correct thread?

It says in the title that it's also the General Rules Discussion Thread.

Anyway when I ran tourneys I took the highest ranked players as LLs as in real life and as you did in Rome. :)

kj-
May 29th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Attention to all tournament's directors, please put the symbol (W/O) when posters don't send their picks.. because it confused me when I do the ranking update.. I gave 0 pt and consider the match as walkover for all posters who get 0 from their picks..

thank you

kj-
May 29th, 2006, 01:28 PM
one more thing, to all tournament's manager, please put the doubles pair alphabetically. for example :

Ceze (FRA) / Tennace (USA)
east players (HUN) / SloKid (SLO)

instead of

Tennace (USA) / Ceze (FRA)
SloKid (SLO) / east players (HUN)

thanks.. :wavey:

mat87to
Jun 16th, 2006, 08:54 PM
One question. For the entry lists...do we use the ranking of one week before the tournament? Is it right? (Sorry for my bad English). Can you make an example?

SloKid
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:00 PM
One question. For the entry lists...do we use the ranking of one week before the tournament? Is it right? (Sorry for my bad English). Can you make an example?
Entry list for all remaining June tournaments will be based on the rankings after the FO (those from the 12th June), but the seeding is based on the last published ranking. So for next week that will be this week's rankings and for Wimbledon the rankings published next week. :)
I hope that made sense.

mat87to
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Entry list for all remaining June tournaments will be based on the rankings after the FO (those from the 12th June), but the seeding is based on the last published ranking. So for next week that will be this week's rankings and for Wimbledon the rankings published next week. :)
I hope that made sense.

yes, I understood, so I think that for the tournament of July, as entry list, we will use the ranking after wimbledon!!?! Another question: when is closed the possibility to commit for a tournament (if I've understood for july, it should be closed at the end of Wimbledon). Then...draws and wc are decided by the manager of tournaments. Is it right?

SloKid
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:16 PM
yes, I understood, so I think that for the tournament of July, as entry list, we will use the ranking after wimbledon!!?! Another question: when is closed the possibility to commit for a tournament (if I've understood for july, it should be closed at the end of Wimbledon). Then...draws and wc are decided by the manager of tournaments. Is it right?
Yes for July rankings after Wimbledon are used.

For July tournaments the deadline is the 17th July, all players commiting after that are put on the bottom of the entry list and can only enter the main draw if given a wildcard by the person running the tournament.

You are right.

robrulz5
Jul 19th, 2006, 12:03 AM
I'm new to TT on WTA World but I play alot of MTF.

Can I just ask how I can qualify to play and how everything works here?

SloKid
Jul 19th, 2006, 07:45 AM
I'm new to TT on WTA World but I play alot of MTF.

Can I just ask how I can qualify to play and how everything works here?
Just go to the commitment thread in this forum to commit for tournaments.

The difference here are set ratios you have to send along with the picks for each match and that we have qualifying based on the ranking if there are too many players commited.

robrulz5
Jul 19th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks for that.

I'm guessing the set ratio would just be how many sets I would predict the match to go for.

Would I just send that as 2:1 or 3 sets?

SloKid
Jul 19th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Thanks for that.

I'm guessing the set ratio would just be how many sets I would predict the match to go for.

Would I just send that as 2:1 or 3 sets?
Yes, any of those two options would do. :)

gumoll
Jul 19th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Milan why there are no rankings???

SloKid
Jul 19th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Milan why there are no rankings???
Amri is busy at the moment, cause he went back to Indonesia I think. I think he will get around soon enough.

gumoll
Jul 19th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Amri is busy at the moment, cause he went back to Indonesia I think. I think he will get around soon enough.

Bubba08
Feb 21st, 2007, 01:27 PM
According to Tomek's calendar, there is two 25ks (at Orance, CA and Perth) on the IW weeks and three 25ks (at Moscow, La Palma and Hammond, LA) on the Miami weeks.
There are several options, should we:
- run all those 25k tourneys and make draws of 32 players at IW and Miami
- run two or three 25ks and make draws of 32 players at IW and Miami
- run two or three 25ks and make draws of 64 players at IW and Miami
- only run TT at IW and Miami with draws of 32 players
- only run TT at IW and Miami with draws of 64 players
?

Voice your opinion, that's party time. :D :help:

SloKid
Feb 21st, 2007, 01:29 PM
I think only run TT at IW and Miami with 64 draws and qualies if needed. :unsure:

gumoll
Feb 21st, 2007, 02:05 PM
here is March:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/Tomek_86/March.jpg

Rui.
Feb 21st, 2007, 04:19 PM
Why don't you give more points to the challengers...
I know they 25K but they are more difficult to predict as the players are unknown so if you give more points to those challengers maybe they will atract more persons!

Rui.
Feb 21st, 2007, 04:20 PM
Why don't you give more points to the challengers...
I know they 25K but they are more difficult to predict as the players are unknown so if you give more points to those challengers maybe they will atract more persons!

And only use one challenger...

Rui.
Feb 21st, 2007, 06:49 PM
Can you explain doubles TB?
All the options?

gumoll
Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:20 PM
OMG :mad:

I forgot Memphis final will be played on Saturday :banghead:

SloKid
Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:26 PM
It's no problem, just check what Alex is doing in Dubai.
Only the final counts for the TT final.
Or winners of semis can carry their score over to the final.

Your choice. :)

Rui.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 09:05 PM
Milan can start Acapulco in Monday? to do:

1st TT round Monday
2nd TT round Tuesday
Quarters TT Wednesday
Semis TT Thursday
Final Friday+Saturday

???????????????????
Or how to do it?

Thanks...:)

SloKid
Feb 23rd, 2007, 09:10 AM
Does Acapulco end on Saturday too?

If so then that's okay.

Rui.
Feb 23rd, 2007, 09:31 AM
Does Acapulco end on Saturday too?

If so then that's okay.

Yes ends on Saturday...

*Jean*
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Hey guys...
I think I'm gonna join...You know what? I had never noticed the Tennis Tipping threads in tournaments threads :lol: I mean, I didnt know it was a game, I had never clicked on a TT thread :tape: Anyway, it looks interesting, and weel-runned! I think I'm interested :angel: Anyway, I haven't understood perfectly what to send exactly, when we have to send PM, and above all I didn't get what was the set ratio.
I asked my dear friend (:rolleyes: :kiss: ) Aleksz to explain me, waiting for her response, I hope you'll can help me, guys :worship:

PS : I think it's too late for IW :p Anyway it gives me two more weeks before the next tournament to understand eveything :p

*Jean*
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Okay I understood :p Thanks Aleksz! I'll begin in Miami I think ;)

gumoll
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:28 PM
you can play in a challeneger :p

*Jean*
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Really? Aleksz told me it wasn't sure there would be any challenger...Tell me if there'll be one, I'll commit in it :p

gumoll
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Really? Aleksz told me it wasn't sure there would be any challenger...Tell me if there'll be one, I'll commit in it :p
I'm not sure too :lol:

SodaPop
Mar 19th, 2007, 03:53 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a proposal

if some1 can prove that they r Tennis Tipping members who have been around for some time over at MTF, we can let them play here even if they do not have 100 posts or joined for a certain period of time.

Jus my thoughts, no flaming

Rui.
Apr 26th, 2007, 01:23 PM
I need some help I have 38 persons in Estoril probably I will have 39 how should I do quali draw?(how many people etc...)

gumoll
Apr 26th, 2007, 01:31 PM
I need some help I have 38 persons in Estoril probably I will have 39 how should I do quali draw?(how many people etc...)
32M/32Q/16D/

so MD 28 places + QD 16 places and 4 to MD ;)

SloKid
Apr 26th, 2007, 01:36 PM
32 size MD, 28 direct, 4 qualifiers
Rest in QD, 2 rounds, top 5 get a bye in the first round, only 4 seeds get a bye in case there are 40 players.

gumoll
Apr 26th, 2007, 01:37 PM
real WTA draw = TT draw ;)

Rui.
Apr 26th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Thanks

gumoll
May 9th, 2007, 07:07 PM
is there someone who wants to update all TT Rankings after every week???

Bubba08
May 10th, 2007, 03:24 AM
is there someone who wants to update all TT Rankings after every week???
Ouch, really?

Personally I could help you every now and then, but I wouldn't be able to do it every week.

Tomek, don't give up! :awww:

Bubba08
May 14th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Tomek, if you are too busy this week I can try to do the ranking update tomorrow, I would pm it to you and you will just have to post it.
Let me know, it's really up to you.

gumoll
May 14th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Tomek, if you are too busy this week I can try to do the ranking update tomorrow, I would pm it to you and you will just have to post it.
Let me know, it's really up to you.
I will try to do it on Wednesday ;)

Aleksz
May 14th, 2007, 01:31 PM
We need to add deadline time for commitments...

For every TT events :

singles entry deadline on saturday
doubles entry deadline on sunday
What to you think about it?

gumoll
May 14th, 2007, 02:29 PM
good

Rik.
May 14th, 2007, 04:13 PM
We need to add deadline time for commitments...

For every TT events :

singles entry deadline on saturday
doubles entry deadline on sunday
What to you think about it?

Good idea

Bubba08
May 19th, 2007, 10:01 PM
There are 82 players commited to RG so far, do you prefer to do qualies or try a 128 draw with several byes?

gumoll
May 19th, 2007, 10:05 PM
There are 82 players commited to RG so far, do you prefer to do qualies or try a 128 draw with several byes?
Alex stop being sarcastic!!!

Bubba08
May 19th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Alex stop being sarcastic!!!
:haha:

I am just trying to consider every possible option. :p

Aleksz
May 19th, 2007, 10:21 PM

A 32-player-draw is another one... why not... :rolleyes:

gumoll
May 19th, 2007, 10:22 PM

A 32-player-draw is another one... why not... :rolleyes:
http://yelims4.free.fr/Pasdaccord/NonNon03.gif

FORZA SARITA
May 20th, 2007, 05:02 PM
RG will be a 64 draw?

gumoll
May 20th, 2007, 05:03 PM
yes

gumoll
May 23rd, 2007, 04:13 PM
Because I'm tired of doing the rankings every week

next ranking update will be after first week of RG or maybe later

SloKid
May 23rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
Yup, must be hard, esp. seeing how the #1 in doubles is not who you want it to be. :sad: :p

Take your time, Tomek, there's really no hurry. ;)

gumoll
May 23rd, 2007, 04:39 PM
Yup, must be hard, esp. seeing how the #1 in doubles is not who you want it to be. :sad: :p

Take your time, Tomek, there's really no hurry. ;)
Chris in number one in doubles not you ;)

SloKid
May 23rd, 2007, 04:42 PM
Chris in number one in doubles not you ;)
So? We're the #1 team. :p

:lol: I just checked and you're barely in the top 10 in the team race. I guess you two talk the talk, but can't walk the walk. :awww: :p

gumoll
May 23rd, 2007, 04:45 PM
:lol:

3 Grand slams left

3000 points
:p

Rui.
Jun 3rd, 2007, 03:00 PM
Can we have a new rule about people who are rude to their opponents or managers being banned from the game? :p

SloKid
Jun 3rd, 2007, 03:08 PM
Can we have a new rule about people who are rude to their opponents or managers being banned from the game? :p
I'm all for it. :D

Rui.
Jun 3rd, 2007, 03:16 PM
I'm all for it. :D

Cause I was thinking of someone :devil: :angel:

HenryMag.
Jun 4th, 2007, 03:08 PM

yourself??

Petkorazzi
Jun 4th, 2007, 03:10 PM

I think we all know who :rolleyes: :p

LCS
Jun 4th, 2007, 06:29 PM
When will we have the Birmingham thread?? I want to decide where to play...if Barcelona or Birmingham...

Rui.
Jun 5th, 2007, 06:36 PM
yourself??

:o Sempre com resposta no?

LCS
Jun 5th, 2007, 06:40 PM
E se deixassem de se picar e alguém me dissesse quando vamos tter o thread de Birmingham....(translation: basically i wanna know when the thread for Birmingham will be made)

Aleksz
Jun 5th, 2007, 06:42 PM
:lol:

3 Grand slams left

3000 points
:p

:angel: first 1000 points are very close to us :p

HenryMag.
Jun 5th, 2007, 07:09 PM
:o Sempre com resposta no?

of course.

gumoll
Jun 10th, 2007, 05:28 PM
ranking will be out tomorrow

sorry for all he delay but from last 48 h I was 24 in Uni :o

please do not be bad :sad:

FORZA SARITA
Jun 10th, 2007, 05:29 PM
awwww tomek :hug:

Rui.
Jun 10th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Can't we discuss the 3 months and 100 posts rule again?

I think we are losing players cause of this...

Rik.
Jun 10th, 2007, 06:02 PM

I agree, why they have to wait 3 months?
Why we don't open it for everyone?

FORZA SARITA
Jun 10th, 2007, 06:04 PM
look on MTF...there are a lots of player who played only few tournies and then :shrug:

Rik.
Jun 10th, 2007, 06:05 PM
look on MTF...there are a lots of player who played only few tournies and then :shrug:

that's right

Rui.
Jun 10th, 2007, 06:33 PM

And if we are losing players who would play every tournament that they could play?

Bubba08
Jun 10th, 2007, 07:15 PM

...or ppl trying to play with different accounts.

LCS
Jun 10th, 2007, 07:20 PM
I still think we should give them the credit...Sometimes we are not playing with bigger draws because of lack of players...and this rule doesn't help in any way...

Rui.
Jun 10th, 2007, 07:21 PM
...or ppl trying to play with different accounts.

They will be find sooner or later...and the others?

Bubba08
Jun 10th, 2007, 08:38 PM
I still think we should give them the credit...Sometimes we are not playing with bigger draws because of lack of players...and this rule doesn't help in any way...
It will just add like 10 players or so, that's not a big difference.
You won't go from a 32 draw to a 64 draw or 64 to 128 with those extra players, it's not enough.

They will be find sooner or later...and the others?
Not really, some ppl have good covers.
If they really want to play TT they will wait 3 months and get 100 posts, it is not that hard.

Rui.
Jun 10th, 2007, 08:57 PM
It will just add like 10 players or so, that's not a big difference.
You won't go from a 32 draw to a 64 draw or 64 to 128 with those extra players, it's not enough.

Not really, some ppl have good covers.
If they really want to play TT they will wait 3 months and get 100 posts, it is not that hard.

So how can you explain the fact that MTF has more player?

Bubba08
Jun 10th, 2007, 10:09 PM
So how can you explain the fact that MTF has more player?
Dunno.
Maybe it's because of the blue skin. :shrug: :p

As far as I remember it has always been like that, there are several reasons: more TT addicted players on mtf (there are tons of chat thread/threads dedicated to TT) ; the organization's crew is bigger, more experienced and obviously has a lot of free time, thus the organization in general is better; they have creative ppl truely dedicated to that game (like keqtqiadv and Labamba) who every now and then find something to add to the game which somewhat relaunch interest to the whole thing; and the list goes on.
I agree that our rule may be a factor, but it doesn't explain everything.

gumoll
Jun 10th, 2007, 10:20 PM
I don't mind that we don't have so many people :p

FORZA SARITA
Jun 11th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Dunno.

As far as I remember it has always been like that, there are several reasons: more TT addicted players on mtf (there are tons of chat thread/threads dedicated to TT) ; the organization's crew is bigger, more experienced and obviously has a lot of free time, thus the organization in general is better; they have creative ppl truely dedicated to that game (like keqtqiadv and Labamba) who every now and then find something to add to the game which somewhat relaunch interest to the whole thing; and the list goes on.

:spit:

Rui.
Jun 11th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Dunno.

I think we can try to captivate more persons...We(I don't know if I can include me as a manager) are less but not worse ;)

I'm not asking to end the rule but put it like a month instead of 3...Or instead of 100 post make it 50...I have a friend who likes to play TT and he can't cause he has just 50 posts...

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jun 11th, 2007, 11:04 AM
I think we can try to captivate more persons...We(I don't know if I can include me as a manager) are less but not worse ;)

I'm not asking to end the rule but put it like a month instead of 3...Or instead of 100 post make it 50...I have a friend who likes to play TT and he can't cause he has just 50 posts...

It's not that hard to reach 100 posts :lol: He can go to live scoring threads or simply join a chat thread :p

Rui.
Jun 11th, 2007, 11:15 AM
It's not that hard to reach 100 posts :lol: He can go to live scoring threads or simply join a chat thread :p

maybe it's harder to wait 3 months instead of one...And 100 posts many persons in this board reach 100 posts in a year...

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jun 11th, 2007, 01:46 PM
maybe it's harder to wait 3 months instead of one...And 100 posts many persons in this board reach 100 posts in a year...

Because they don't play this game. If they wanned to they would make those 100 posts quicker. Simple as that.

Rui.
Jun 11th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Because they don't play this game. If they wanned to they would make those 100 posts quicker. Simple as that.

And the 3 months will they travel to the future cause they want to play? :p

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jun 11th, 2007, 02:58 PM
And the 3 months will they travel to the future cause they want to play? :p

There's nothing they can do about these 3 months :) Or maybe just wait patiently ;)

SloKid
Jun 11th, 2007, 03:01 PM
We don't really need new players in large numbers, I think it's quite okay as it is now. And with all the problems we had in the past with multiple accounts this 3 months rule/100 posts rule must be in force even if it's not necessarily fire-proof.
Anyway if people are keen on playing TT, they'll wait. I mean it's rather fishy if the first thing a new member does is try and play TT.

Rui.
Jun 11th, 2007, 03:16 PM
We don't really need new players in large numbers, I think it's quite okay as it is now. And with all the problems we had in the past with multiple accounts this 3 months rule/100 posts rule must be in force even if it's not necessarily fire-proof.
Anyway if people are keen on playing TT, they'll wait. I mean it's rather fishy if the first thing a new member does is try and play TT.

I have an answer to the if the players really want to play TT they will wait: If the players really want to cheat they will wait... :p

I just think it would be very good if we had more players it would be all more competitive...Do you have more ideas to try it...

SloKid
Jun 11th, 2007, 03:39 PM
I think it's quite competitive as it is. And I'm not sure if we could deal with too many players. Cause then soon we'd have to run challengers and stuff and we have problems finding reliable managers as it is. On mtf they have like 5 tournaments per week, at this point I don't see how we could deal with that.

Rik.
Jun 11th, 2007, 03:54 PM
I think it's quite competitive as it is. And I'm not sure if we could deal with too many players. Cause then soon we'd have to run challengers and stuff and we have problems finding reliable managers as it is. On mtf they have like 5 tournaments per week, at this point I don't see how we could deal with that.

Difficult to find OOP's from ITF tournaments. :(

Rui.
Jun 11th, 2007, 04:32 PM

How can they deal with that? :wavey:

So when we have 200 players we will not accept noone..

Petkorazzi
Jun 11th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Difficult to find OOP's from ITF tournaments. :(

The Tournament Director will Email you like Prerov Director emailed Lukidudi!

FORZA SARITA
Jun 11th, 2007, 05:01 PM
The Tournament Director will Email you like Prerov Director emailed Lukidudi!

Italian ITF are the best :cool:
website,OOP and livescore :eek:

SloKid
Jun 11th, 2007, 05:02 PM
How can they deal with that? :wavey:

So when we have 200 players we will not accept noone..
Are you willing to run a tournament every week? If not, then you can shut up. :shrug:
You'd want to allow people in, but then you should volunteer to run tournaments on a regular basis.
I'm too busy atm to run a tournament, I hardly have time to do my picks.
On mtf they have a lot of people, who volunteer to run tourneys, here people mainly play and complain about every minor thing they feel is wrong and want the scores immediately after the match, when they should understand managers use their spare time to run tourneys and can't be there, whenever someone gets the idea of wanting scores.

When too many players start playing TT, we will find a way to deal with it like we always have, but we won't be bending any rules to achieve that. Look at PAW and what a mess that has become at times, because of too many players. TT is fine as it is now in my opinion and as new players, who meet the requirements join, we'll find a way of dealing with them.

Rui.
Jun 11th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Are you willing to run a tournament every week? If not, then you can shut up. :shrug:
You'd want to allow people in, but then you should volunteer to run tournaments on a regular basis.
I'm too busy atm to run a tournament, I hardly have time to do my picks.
On mtf they have a lot of people, who volunteer to run tourneys, here people mainly play and complain about every minor thing they feel is wrong and want the scores immediately after the match, when they should understand managers use their spare time to run tourneys and can't be there, whenever someone gets the idea of wanting scores.

When too many players start playing TT, we will find a way to deal with it like we always have, but we won't be bending any rules to achieve that. Look at PAW and what a mess that has become at times, because of too many players. TT is fine as it is now in my opinion and as new players, who meet the requirements join, we'll find a way of dealing with them.

You're being a little rude aren't you? I'm just talking ok?

I volunteer to run many tournaments but then some people practically say they don't believe me...Did I do anything for them to don't believe me?

SloKid
Jun 11th, 2007, 05:49 PM

I volunteer to run many tournaments but then some people practically say they don't believe me...Did I do anything for them to don't believe me?
We had problems in the past, where we let people run tourneys and they turned out to be cheaters (Karim A anyone?).
Maybe I was a bit rude with the shut up, but I don't get it why people whine about there not being enough players and how more should be let in etc. I don't really see that many new players trying to join to begin with and with the amount we have now we fill out tournaments weekly and don't have to cancel them anymore, so the number of players is quite appropriate. I checked the last two pages of the commitment thread and only James82 tried to commit and didn't meet the requirements.
If you think TT here lacks competition then don't play and concentrate on mtf. :shrug:
We can stand to lose a player easily and if not then keep playing, game will evolve on its own, new players will join, but rules will not be changed. They don't have this rule on mtf and I can guarantee you they have players with multiple accounts, is that really the competition you'd want?

Rui.
Jun 11th, 2007, 06:15 PM
We had problems in the past, where we let people run tourneys and they turned out to be cheaters (Karim A anyone?).
Maybe I was a bit rude with the shut up, but I don't get it why people whine about there not being enough players and how more should be let in etc. I don't really see that many new players trying to join to begin with and with the amount we have now we fill out tournaments weekly and don't have to cancel them anymore, so the number of players is quite appropriate. I checked the last two pages of the commitment thread and only James82 tried to commit and didn't meet the requirements.
If you think TT here lacks competition then don't play and concentrate on mtf. :shrug:
We can stand to lose a player easily and if not then keep playing, game will evolve on its own, new players will join, but rules will not be changed. They don't have this rule on mtf and I can guarantee you they have players with multiple accounts, is that really the competition you'd want?

I think you're right in your points :)

As for the tournaments during the summer I can help in any thing you need...After the 21st of June(my last exam finally!)

I'm just trying to help the game ;) :wavey:

Bubba08
Jun 12th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I have an answer to the if the players really want to play TT they will wait: If the players really want to cheat they will wait... :p

I just think it would be very good if we had more players it would be all more competitive...Do you have more ideas to try it...
Yup, but at least they will have to work their ass off for playing with their different accounts :D (just like some others who are already in the game :o ).

It's been a while since I updated the "roll of honor" thread, but trust me it's rarely the same players who have won tournaments this TT season. The game is already quite competitive imo.

You can say my name, don't hide yourself behind 'ppl'. :cool:

The thing is I find you a bit over the top at times, you sounded like KittyKing, or even like Karim A and his numerous aleas (something tells me that he is still around btw). As far as I know you didn't do anything wrong, just like everybody else you have to earn ppl's trust. Time will help.
Plus, you already ran one or two tournaments, your whining there is quite unnecessary.

We have a nice little manager team right now and hopefully it will last, but it wasn't the case a few months ago. Around the months of February-March I really feel alone in the "manager team", and at some point I even had to beg a few ppl to run tournaments. To make the entrance in TT easier and to bring more players won't help in the long run, because like SloKid said it will mean more challengers, more work and more managers, and I am not sure we would handle this.
I am quite curious to see if there will be as many volunteers as there are now for running tournaments, after the summer when everyone is back to school, uni or whatever. If it's not the case this rule is definitely a necessity.

Rui.
Jun 13th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Yup, but at least they will have to work their ass off for playing with their different accounts :D (just like some others who are already in the game :o ).

It's been a while since I updated the "roll of honor" thread, but trust me it's rarely the same players who have won tournaments this TT season. The game is already quite competitive imo.

You can say my name, don't hide yourself behind 'ppl'. :cool:

The thing is I find you a bit over the top at times, you sounded like KittyKing, or even like Karim A and his numerous aleas (something tells me that he is still around btw). As far as I know you didn't do anything wrong, just like everybody else you have to earn ppl's trust. Time will help.
Plus, you already ran one or two tournaments, your whining there is quite unnecessary.

We have a nice little manager team right now and hopefully it will last, but it wasn't the case a few months ago. Around the months of February-March I really feel alone in the "manager team", and at some point I even had to beg a few ppl to run tournaments. To make the entrance in TT easier and to bring more players won't help in the long run, because like SloKid said it will mean more challengers, more work and more managers, and I am not sure we would handle this.
I am quite curious to see if there will be as many volunteers as there are now for running tournaments, after the summer when everyone is back to school, uni or whatever. If it's not the case this rule is definitely a necessity.

I think I runned Acapulco in February but even then you told me the same things..."I'm not too sure if you're a relieble poster" but you gave me the tournament...If you want I can send you all the PM's from that tournament and the others :p And from that guy Karim A and KittyKing I don't know nothing...I heard about a Karim Vlasic in MTF too...I didn't evenn know what this game was till the end of February when Melvins, I think you know him from MTF, teach me...

Petkorazzi
Jun 13th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Karim A is banned from this ForuM!

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jun 22nd, 2007, 08:57 PM
I have a question. What should I do when the combined rank in doubles is the same for two teams? It actually happens 3 times, it doesn't matter when the team is unseeded but it matters for seeded teams.
Any ideas? :)

SloKid
Jun 22nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
You can use their combined ranking points.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jun 22nd, 2007, 09:17 PM
Oh that's a good one, thanks Milan :wavey:

FORZA SARITA
Jun 30th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Cuneo start on Tuesday so i close the commitments on sunday or i wait till monday for the next round of Wimbledon?

Bubba08
Jul 10th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Cuneo start on Tuesday so i close the commitments on sunday or i wait till monday for the next round of Wimbledon?
I hope you found an answer to your question. :unsure:

Willam
Jul 16th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Are you willing to run a tournament every week? If not, then you can shut up.

:eek:

Anyways, if i send picks late, only counts the matches that havent start yet right? ;) Thanks in advance

Uranus
Jul 16th, 2007, 07:47 PM
You can't, since play has already started.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jul 16th, 2007, 08:25 PM
:eek:

Anyways, if i send picks late, only counts the matches that havent start yet right? ;) Thanks in advance

Yes, that's what we do.

gumoll
Jul 16th, 2007, 08:27 PM
You can't, since play has already started.
really??? :p

SloKid
Jul 16th, 2007, 08:49 PM
He is twisting the truth, he wants to change his picks so he can add a set ratio he forgot initially, but DaniKim already posted what people need to go through...

Willam
Jul 17th, 2007, 03:06 AM
He is twisting the truth, he wants to change his picks so he can add a set ratio he forgot initially, but DaniKim already posted what people need to go through...

now you call me a liar?

Im not twisting nothing, i asked my doubt and thats it, yes i forgot the set ratio, but hey i remembered once i had a mistake on my picks and Ania told me so i corrected it, its kind of unfair since no one asked for Updates!

And if i add the set ratio it would not change my match since it will be decided in TB!

If we follow the rules, the set ratio i added its in order and should be completly valid, but since im the one of who were talking about, im not sure if rules will be followed..

Willam
Jul 17th, 2007, 05:32 AM
hey Board!!

I was supposed to send the picks but i didnt set a ratio for a match (LA), the manager, didnt send me a PM making me realize I missed a pick (not his job), and, without being asked, posted, before the matche im talking about started, what did any player needed to win, as a matter of fact, i realized, in time, i missed 1 set ratio.. and PMed the manager but, slokid, saying ben had already posted the differences, wouldnt take my pick as valid

it is actually not my fault the manager announced without being asked what did i needed... so, i think it should be fair that, as my pick was sent in time and form, would be valid, but.. that is up to you..

could you please help solve this situation ? :wavey: so in future cases i, and everyone, can know what to do, properly, in this case :hug: Thanks

And i hope you do the right thing

Willam
Jul 17th, 2007, 05:34 AM
I want to make clear, that i didnt did this to take any kind of advantage, it only was something i didnt notice..

I want to make this VERY CLEAR, because lately ive been told that i've could cheat in this game

Thankss

Jeronimo..

Bubba08
Jul 17th, 2007, 05:53 AM
You wouldn't have probably noticed you had forgotten a set ratio if DaniKim wouldn't have posted the differences, so it doesn't change anything.
If the manager has enough time to pm players who forgot SRs that's cool, but it's not an obligation.

DaniKim already posted the differences, so obviously your changes couldn't be accepted.
If he hadn't posted the differences I think your SR should have been accepted, but that's not the case anyway.

The rule is that any change of pics can't be accepted after the start of the first match, if you forgot a SR or a match and want to send another pm it's up to the manager to accept it or not.

There's nothing you can do really, pay more attention to your pm next time.

Willam
Jul 17th, 2007, 06:40 AM
You wouldn't have probably noticed you had forgotten a set ratio if DaniKim wouldn't have posted the differences, so it doesn't change anything.

True

Willam
Jul 17th, 2007, 06:46 AM
if he had time to unrequestedly post differences, he had time to notice a pick was missing, and as well as he had no obligation to pm me to let me know a post was missing, he had no obligation to post my differences without being asked, he could have saved the differences posting a pick was missing by me.. so i would realize...y decile que there is no change if a pick is missing.. change would imply to pick a player over another.. when a player was already picked.. in this case..there was no player picked..so actually it is no change.. PLEASE BE FAIRR!

Uranus
Jul 17th, 2007, 07:09 AM
As Alex said I shouldn't accept your picks since I had already posted what every player needed to advance, and that's why you corrected your picks.

I did nothing wrong... I'm not supposed to PM everyone who's forgotten about the SRs (you are not the only one), although it was written in red, bold, and underlined. :unsure:

If I posted what the players needed to advance, it was to please you. I guess you haven't forgotten all the "What do I need?" you asked in the previous tournaments.

I think it is normal that I can't accept your correction. I know we don't need another Jeronimo affair in here (when you're not happy it always happens :o), but that would be unfair towards your opponent who did everything right.

Willam
Jul 17th, 2007, 07:14 AM
hey ben i had time enough to send my set ratios, but was unfair that you posted what everyone needed, you should have done it when the last match of the OOP had began.. I HAD TIME.. as i said, i dont want to fight, i only want you to be fair, because of posting that What do i need post im gonna lose my match when i had time? UNFAIR.. :( im sorry but its true..

Please figure out something to solve this.. thanks in advance

FORZA SARITA
Jul 17th, 2007, 07:15 AM
so Jeronimo sent a new PM after see the differences because he forgot to send SR's?:lol:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jul 17th, 2007, 07:19 AM
so Jeronimo sent a new PM after see the differences because he forgot to send SR's?:lol:

Yep :D

FORZA SARITA
Jul 17th, 2007, 07:24 AM
:spit:

Uranus
Jul 17th, 2007, 07:28 AM
hey ben i had time enough to send my set ratios, but was unfair that you posted what everyone needed, you should have done it when the last match of the OOP had began.. I HAD TIME.. as i said, i dont want to fight, i only want you to be fair, because of posting that What do i need post im gonna lose my match when i had time? UNFAIR.. :( im sorry but its true..

Please figure out something to solve this.. thanks in advance

Oh yeah, it's my fault now.

You used to be the crybaby who always asked for updates and now that it goes against you, you blame me for posting them? It's too easy.

Without my update you would NEVER had realised that the SRs were missing. You would have lost too. So stop using the rules at your convenience.

SloKid
Jul 17th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Oh yeah, it's my fault now.

You used to be the crybaby who always asked for updates and now that it goes against you, you blame me for posting them? It's too easy.

Without my update you would NEVER had realised that the SRs were missing. You would have lost too. So stop using the rules at your convenience.
It's obviously not your fault at all. :)

The rule is clear, if there are less than 8 matches to be picked than set ratios must be sent and with only 3 matches on the schedule it was pretty clear set ratios are needed and you wrote it in red and bold, so this is more of a case of Jeronimo still not being familiar with the rules and looking to put the blame on someone else.

The manager has no obligations to point out mistakes in picks to players and you even admitted you would not have noticed had there not been the post about what players need, so you don't really have much of a case here.
Also the matches already started so DaniKim had all right to post what people need, esp. seeing how some people whine often about what do they need to win, no need to blame others for your mistake.

Jeronimo, let it go, please, because if you don't, then this will go on forever and you'll go all defensive acting like people are always against you.

Willam
Jul 17th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Cmon, Ben im not saying its your fault, but you know i had enought time to send the set ratio :shrug: what else i can say!
Is there any specific rule that says tht after someone post the What I Need post, late picks are invalid? if not then my set ratio have to be accepted

gumoll
Jul 17th, 2007, 02:28 PM
when te first match from the OOP started you CAN'T change picks, set ratios, TBs or anything!!!!!!!!

Chris 84
Jul 17th, 2007, 03:07 PM
when te first match from the OOP started you CAN'T change picks, set ratios, TBs or anything!!!!!!!!

EXACTLY!!! :worship:

Willam
Jul 17th, 2007, 03:11 PM

Now i understand, but i was confused because there was told before that late picks count only matches that havent start ;)

Thanks it wont happen again

:rolleyes:

SloKid
Jul 17th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Now i understand, but i was confused because there was told before that late picks count only matches that havent start ;)

Thanks it wont happen again

:rolleyes:
As I said, you twisted the truth, not telling all the facts. But I'm sure you knew what the answer would be if you said that what you need to win was already posted.

Also if you forget to send picks altogether you can still send them later with the matches already started or finished not getting counted, but you are NOT allowed to change your picks for the day after the play started that day. The end.

denijs
Jul 17th, 2007, 04:56 PM
As I said, you twisted the truth, not telling all the facts. But I'm sure you knew what the answer would be if you said that what you need to win was already posted.

Also if you forget to send picks altogether you can still send them later with the matches already started or finished not getting counted, but you are NOT allowed to change your picks for the day after the play started that day. The end.

AMEN :angel:

Reading all this stuff is really funny, but I imagine that for you it may become stressful to cope with such stupid problems so frequently lately ;)
Just to get you know - your patience should surely arouse admiration :worship:

Willam
Jul 17th, 2007, 05:23 PM

Problem is solved but i have a question. Did i ever talk of changing a pick or a set ratio? :shrug:

SloKid
Jul 17th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Problem is solved but i have a question. Did i ever talk of changing a pick or a set ratio? :shrug:
Adding a set ratio would change your original picks, the bottom line stays the same.

For example if you found out you were ahead and knew your opponent's set ratio you could've added the same ratio as he had.

I really don't see, why you act like you've been the victim of a huge unfairness here. The funny part is that you act like the rules in this case are twisted, because of who you are, but the way I see it is that you want the original rules twisted to fit you using the "you're all against me" excuse. Truth is that the rules are the same for everyone, been like this long before you joined this game and haven't been altered in this case in any way. And honestly, this wouldn't even need to be in the rules, some common sense would do in knowing changing picks (or adding set ratios, whatever) is not allowed after the play starts for the day (or even moreso if you already know what you need to win).

Willam
Jul 17th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Adding a set ratio would change your original picks, the bottom line stays the same.

For example if you found out you were ahead and knew your opponent's set ratio you could've added the same ratio as he had.

I really don't see, why you act like you've been the victim of a huge unfairness here. The funny part is that you act like the rules in this case are twisted, because of who you are, but the way I see it is that you want the original rules twisted to fit you using the "you're all against me" excuse. Truth is that the rules are the same for everyone, been like this long before you joined this game and haven't been altered in this case in any way. And honestly, this wouldn't even need to be in the rules, some common sense would do in knowing changing picks (or adding set ratios, whatever) is not allowed after the play starts for the day (or even moreso if you already know what you need to win).

o-k

LCS
Jul 17th, 2007, 06:33 PM
TT on WTAW these days is full of feuds...:P

Uranus
Jul 18th, 2007, 08:29 AM
In the event of a default, do I have to count the match or not?
Thanks.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jul 18th, 2007, 08:31 AM
- a match will not count in case of a retirement, withdrawal or any late schedule changes

In the event of a default, do I have to count the match or not?
Thanks.

:angel:
But I'm biased... :(

Yarden
Jul 24th, 2007, 05:49 AM
If I forgot to pick a TB matches for TT Stanford Quali first Round and there is a tie score between some players, what do I need to do? Do they need to send their picks for today too and then who has the highest score will advance to the final Quali Round? and in the Quali Round there is another problem.. there is players who won the first Quali round and have a tie score in the final Quali Round.. I'm really sorry about that!

Bubba08
Jul 24th, 2007, 06:32 AM
If I forgot to pick a TB matches for TT Stanford Quali first Round and there is a tie score between some players, what do I need to do? Do they need to send their picks for today too and then who has the highest score will advance to the final Quali Round?
Yes, that's what we usually do.

and in the Quali Round there is another problem.. there is players who won the first Quali round and have a tie score in the final Quali Round.. I'm really sorry about that!
Same as above, ask to players of the undecided matches to send their picks for the next round, the one with the best score will advance in the MD.

Yarden
Jul 24th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Yes, that's what we usually do.

Same as above, ask to players of the undecided matches to send their picks for the next round, the one with the best score will advance in the MD.

Thanks for you help :wavey:

HenryMag.
Jul 25th, 2007, 06:33 PM
I have a tie in a doubles match in Bad Gastein

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=11276328&postcount=120

Vicmatibla
Jul 31st, 2007, 02:53 PM
Can I make a doubles tournament in Stockholm with 8 doubles teams? It would have 3 rounds, starting in the quarterfinals.

Willam
Jul 31st, 2007, 05:20 PM
Can I make a doubles tournament in Stockholm with 8 doubles teams? It would have 3 rounds, starting in the quarterfinals.

Yes, why not?

Of course you can! ;)

Vicmatibla
Jul 31st, 2007, 05:31 PM
Yes, why not?

Of course you can! ;)

OK. Thanks. :)

Bubba08
Aug 1st, 2007, 03:04 AM
Yes, why not?

Of course you can! ;)
O....k. :unsure:

Willam
Aug 1st, 2007, 03:48 AM
O....k. :unsure:

Oh cmon! :confused:

I just wanted to help, i did nothing wrong!

BTW! When rankings are coming out, were using old rankings for the entry lists wich is pretty unfair..!!

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:21 AM
Yes, it's very unfair :weirdo:

Willam
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:34 PM
Yes, it's very unfair :weirdo:

Well, i think its unfair because the players that are improving their rankings, dont do better in the entry lists and make differences at the momento to be in a MD or a QD..

Thanks..

gumoll
Aug 2nd, 2007, 07:09 PM
fuck you !!!!

do alone rankings!!!!

:ras:

Willam
Aug 2nd, 2007, 07:36 PM
fuck you !!!!

do alone rankings!!!!

:ras:

why it dosent surprise me :rolleyes:

isnt my fault that it makes the game unfair

gumoll
Aug 2nd, 2007, 07:42 PM
moron :rolleyes:

Willam
Aug 2nd, 2007, 08:01 PM
moron :rolleyes:

why u have to be disrespectful? did i offend u?

No, then stop it!

Chris 84
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:24 PM
why u have to be disrespectful? did i offend u?

No, then stop it!

Tomek and anyone else who deals with the rankings put a lot of work into it. It takes a lot of time and a lot of hard work. I would say that if you want the rankings updated you should do it yourself, but that reeeeally wouldn't be such a good idea :tape:

MH0861
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:28 PM
Tomek and anyone else who deals with the rankings put a lot of work into it. It takes a lot of time and a lot of hard work. I would say that if you want the rankings updated you should do it yourself, but that reeeeally wouldn't be such a good idea :tape:

"Hey guys! i didn't know 4 came after 3 sorry!!"

gumoll
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:29 PM
"Hey guys! i didn't know 4 came after 3 sorry!!"
:scratch:

new rankings will be before US Open...

MH0861
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:31 PM

:lol: I was imitating what you-know-who's defense would be when he inevitably screwed up the rankings if he ever did them. ;)

Willam
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:58 AM

thanks! will be nice to have them to august 20? :p

no its ok, i know you do a huge effort all im saying is that affects entry lists..

If u need help, ask for it!

Rui.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:48 AM

;) Completly agree...And tomek even has to look at the past results of each player..No need to be so rude anyway.

Willam
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:18 PM
No need to be so rude anyway.

U mean chris or me? ..

I wasnt rude :confused:

Rui.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:26 PM
U mean chris or me? ..

I wasnt rude :confused:

Tomek was rude ;)

But everything's solved now...

Willam
Aug 5th, 2007, 02:30 AM
If someone commits to a tournament when deadline was over, and draws were done..

He should be an alternate right??

Thanks.

Chris 84
Aug 5th, 2007, 05:20 PM
If someone commits to a tournament when deadline was over, and draws were done..

He should be an alternate right??

Thanks.

It is up to the manager

SloKid
Aug 5th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Well, i think its unfair because the players that are improving their rankings, dont do better in the entry lists and make differences at the momento to be in a MD or a QD..

Thanks..
Well in real life rankings 6 weeks before the tourney are used and I don't see many players complaining about that and it's the real deal there. :p

416_Man
Aug 5th, 2007, 06:05 PM
I think Jeronimo should be banned. He doesn't have multiple accounts but he's equally annoying.

Willam
Aug 5th, 2007, 08:41 PM
It is up to the manager

Thanks ;)

Willam
Aug 5th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Well in real life rankings 6 weeks before the tourney are used and I don't see many players complaining about that and it's the real deal there. :p

I know, its ok anyways :p

Milan i havent seen you discussin with sean again :yeah:

Thats good :D

gumoll
Aug 13th, 2007, 05:32 PM
rankings after Toronto should be up next Monday or Tuesday and they will be used to make seeds for US Open :)

ruibarata
Aug 16th, 2007, 09:41 PM
No Pilot Pen TT this week?

Rui.
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:24 AM
How many persons go to the singles masters?

and

How many teams go to the doubles masters?

:wavey:

Rik.
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:39 AM
No Pilot Pen TT this week?

No worry, Ivanovic Fan!!!! is always late with making TT threads.

Aleksz
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:44 AM
No worry, Ivanovic Fan!!!! is always late with making TT threads.
but don't forget that the tournament starts on sunday :angel:

Rui.
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:51 AM
but don't forget that the tournament starts on sunday :angel:

Aleksz
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:54 AM

what is so funny? :p

Rui.
Aug 17th, 2007, 12:15 PM
what is so funny? :p

TT Threads :p

Rik.
Aug 17th, 2007, 12:16 PM
TT Threads :p

Why? :p :lol:

Rui.
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Just think it's about time the thread is oppened...It's Friday and this tournament as a Sunday Beggining...

And Most important the tournament ends on Saturday...

savestheday91
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Ah, I see I'm a little late... I was going to ask what was going on with New Haven... :scared:

Bubba08
Aug 18th, 2007, 06:30 AM
Ok people, ir seems that Ivanovic Fan!!!! wasn't that reliable. I pmed him yesterday for asking him to make the thread soon but he doesn't even bother to reply.
Someone else will run New Haven.

ruibarata
Aug 18th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I think it's a crazy week. Shara's tournment entry list is not updated since last thursday...

Aleksz
Aug 18th, 2007, 02:34 PM
I think it's a crazy week. Shara's tournment entry list is not updated since last thursday...

nope :p 2 days ago

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 18th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Ok people, ir seems that Ivanovic Fan!!!! wasn't that reliable. I pmed him yesterday for asking him to make the thread soon but he doesn't even bother to reply.
Someone else will run New Haven.

I'm sorry again. I explained things in a PM. Now you can do with it what you want.
I really don't like it to let people down. The people who know me can confirm that.
I did run some tournaments before. I really can't remember complaints about it. Write them down here if I missed it.
I don't know what more to say.

ruibarata
Aug 18th, 2007, 02:49 PM
I'm sorry again. I explained things in a PM. Now you can do with it what you want.
I really don't like it to let people down. The people who know me can confirm that.
I did run some tournaments before. I really can't remember complaints about it. Write them down here if I missed it.
I don't know what more to say.

I'm with you, we all have problems .
I'm sure we all understand and i hope whatever it was, nothing serious.
Welcome back

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:11 PM
I'm with you, we all have problems .
I'm sure we all understand and i hope whatever it was, nothing serious.
Welcome back

Thanks. It's a personal issue, which another friend of mine has too (different situation). Ok, I don't go further into this.

Of course people can say now: Oh now he can reply cause he was replaced :rolleyes:

People who know me from this forum can tell if I'm be trusted.
I'm not gonna lie.
First many thought on my mind of my own life and now I get trouble with the Tennis Tipping people.
I'm not gonna blame anyone. Let me make this right and let's enjoy this game :)

Uranus
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:15 PM
That's fine Sjoerd. ;) I hope things will get better soon for you. :hug:

In The Zone
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Currently, I am 4th ALT in New Haven and 1st ALT in Forest Hills.

I would like to play singles somewhere this week. Can I send picks for New Haven as an alternate and if I get in, I shall withdraw from Forest Hills? If I do not get in, I'll stay with Forest Hills?

I was 1st ALT for Forest Hills, and then in qualifying, and then 1st ALT again with all the movement because of the size of draws and everyone not being able to play singles.

What should I do? Thanks. :)

Willam
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:59 PM

I would like to play singles somewhere this week. Can I send picks for New Haven as an alternate and if I get in, I shall withdraw from Forest Hills? If I do not get in, I'll stay with Forest Hills?

I was 1st ALT for Forest Hills, and then in qualifying, and then 1st ALT again with all the movement because of the size of draws and everyone not being able to play singles.

You can only play 1 tournament per week..

In The Zone
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:02 PM
You can only play 1 tournament per week..

Thanks, I'm not stupid.
I know that. I am saying if I can get into New Haven, I would get out of Forest Hills. I didn't ride the short bus.

SloKid
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:11 PM

I think it's okay to send picks for New Haven and then send for Forest Hills if you don't get in New Haven, because if you don't it would mean you didn't play there and can therefore play Forest Hills.

Willam
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Slokid, sending picks dosent count as playing?? :shrug:

Willam
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Thanks, I'm not stupid.
I know that. I am saying if I can get into New Haven, I would get out of Forest Hills. I didn't ride the short bus.

Sure? ;)

BTW.. I was just trying to help :o

SloKid
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Slokid, sending picks dosent count as playing?? :shrug:
If you're an alt., send picks and don't get in the draw you don't play a match, don't get any ranking points, there's nothing to show for.

Why would it even matter to you.

Willam
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:23 PM
If you're an alt., send picks and don't get in the draw you don't play a match, don't get any ranking points, there's nothing to show for.

Why would it even matter to you.

Thanks, and why it wouldnt?? That is something that can happen to everyone and its good to know, plus is someone have the same doubt , he only reads your awnser without asking.. what is the problem on being interested to know better the rules?? ;)

SloKid
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:28 PM
I'm just asking, because you seem to stick your nose in everything. :)
And you didn't really ask, you answered In The Zone's question as if it's not allowed.

And this could really only happen this week, because in other weeks tourneys start at the same time and there are therefore a lot less chances of this being an option.

Willam
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I'm just asking, because you seem to stick your nose in everything. :)
And you didn't really ask, you answered In The Zone's question as if it's not allowed.

And this could really only happen this week, because in other weeks tourneys start at the same time and there are therefore a lot less chances of this being an option.

So.. Everyone have the right to know! ;)

And i stick my nose where i want to :p

Btw how things are going with Sean (This is a real question)!!! :lol:

Chris 84
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:58 PM
So.. Everyone have the right to know! ;)

And i stick my nose where i want to :p

Btw how things are going with Sean (This is a real question)!!! :lol:

Jeronimo, please stop answering questions that you don't know the answers to. So in future please do not stick your nose anywhere when it comes to TT rules. Rules which you don't know much about. You can ask questions when you are unclear of things, but don't answer them please.

Aleksz
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:00 PM
that's the reason why I told In The Zone to ask his question here :p

I have a question... may I ask it? :angel:

Willam
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:01 PM
that's the reason why I told In The Zone to ask his question here :p

I have a question... may I ask it? :angel:

What do you think... :scratch:

Willam
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:02 PM
And BTW Slokid.. I asked about Sean cuz hes my friend.. Plus the REP Was joking.. no need to bad rep mee! if i Good rep you :haha:

Aleksz
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:05 PM
I just wanna know if it's allowed to disqualify you from TT New Haven :p

Chris 84
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:06 PM

As far as I am concerned you can :D :p

Willam
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:06 PM

:lol: Good Comeback!

SloKid
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Well he's pushing his luck on a daily basis, so who knows, after all the warnings he ignored, it's bound to happen soon. :tape:
And BTW Slokid.. I asked about Sean cuz hes my friend.. Plus the REP Was joking.. no need to bad rep mee! if i Good rep you :haha:
Your friend? Not surprising. :weirdo:

sharas36
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:23 PM
I have a question...
If 2 players have same pick for TB1 but player A have the right SR for this pick and for TB3 player B have right pick and player B wrong.
Who will win?

Bubba08
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:48 PM
I have a question...
If 2 players have same pick for TB1 but player A have the right SR for this pick and for TB3 player B have right pick and player B wrong.
Who will win?
Ok, so both players (A and B) picked the same winner for the TB1 match, right?
If one of the player (A for example) has the good SR and player B doesn't, then player A wins.
If both of them has the wrong SR, the one closest to the actual score wins.

The TB3 doesn't matter if the winner can be decided with the TB1.

Everything is here =>

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=283918

As a manager you are supposed to know that.

FORZA SARITA
Aug 21st, 2007, 02:27 PM
Ok, so both players (A and B) picked the same winner for the TB1 match, right?
If one of the player (A for example) has the good SR and player B doesn't, then player A wins.
If both of them has the wrong SR, the one closest to the actual score wins.

The TB3 doesn't matter if the winner can be decided with the TB1.

Everything is here =>

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=283918

As a manager you are supposed to know that.

this didn't work for my match yesterday :p

Aleksz
Aug 21st, 2007, 02:31 PM
06:06| Nadie (RUS) def. (Q) FORZA PENNETTA (ITA) - TB3

TB1 - Szavay d. Stosur 62 64
Nadie picked Szavay 63 46 64
FORZA PENNETTA picked Szavay 63 46 62

TB2 - Dementieva d. Santangelo 62 36 60
Nadie picked Dementieva 64 64
FORZA PENNETTA picked Dementieva 64 64

TB3 - Bammer d. Shaughnessy 64 62
Nadie picked Bammer 64 62
FORZA PENNETTA picked Bammer 64 64

SHOULD I OPEN A POLL?
WHO IS THE WINNER?
C'MON TELL ME!

James
Aug 21st, 2007, 03:02 PM
Stosur had 6 games, FP gave her 11, Nadie 13. FP wins, if you ask me.

Bubba08
Aug 21st, 2007, 03:55 PM
I don't know if I would have taken the same decision, I just think that the manager of the week should have the last word in this kind of problem.

Aleksz
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:03 PM
"Predicting 2 sets exactly right is the next best thing to do, followed by predicting 2 sets right in the wrong order, followed by predicting 1 set exactly right, followed by predicting 1 set in the wrong order. If none of this occurs, then the player who is closest to the actual score without correctly guessing any sets is the winner"

gumoll
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:56 PM
I would do the same like Aleksz did :)

gumoll
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:58 PM
some who don't agree with Aleksz should really read the TBs rules :rolleyes:

James
Aug 21st, 2007, 05:00 PM
I don't know if I would have taken the same decision, I just think that the manager of the week should have the last word in this kind of problem.

Of course, was just giving my take on things, how I would have solved it had I been the manager. Aleksz did not write how he solved it however, so I don't even know.

gumoll
Aug 21st, 2007, 05:11 PM
Aleksz decision is the only Right decision :)

any other would be against rules :)

James
Aug 21st, 2007, 05:21 PM
So is anyone going to say what he decided or is it going to remain vague?

James
Aug 21st, 2007, 05:30 PM
Aleksz decision is the only Right decision :)

any other would be against rules :)

Another solution would certainly be possible, but it is up to the manager.

FORZA SARITA
Aug 21st, 2007, 05:41 PM
-where both players have the incorrect winner of the match, the player who gives the most sets to the winning wta player will be the winner. Where both players give the same number of sets to the winning player, the player who gives the winning wta player the most number of games shall win.

in my case the match gone on tb2 because we had the RIGHT winner but incorrect SR......why this not happen when both pick the incorrect winner?:confused:

Aleksz
Aug 21st, 2007, 06:03 PM
btw FP told them the whole story about what you did :rolleyes:

Chris 84
Aug 21st, 2007, 07:32 PM
I think I'm gonna have to re-write some of the TB rules just to clarify them. The rules can clearly be interpreted in different ways, therefore the rules as they are, are bad.

FORZA SARITA
Aug 21st, 2007, 07:33 PM
and so?:confused:

for aleksz post

Chris 84
Aug 21st, 2007, 07:52 PM
Ok. As far as I can see, the rules are slightly ambiguous and that is at least partly my fault. In this case, it is up to the manager to decide how to apply the rules because they can be interpreted in different ways. If I was the manager, my interpretation of the rules might have been different to Aleksz's in this case. However, the rules were unclear, and Aleksz did what he thought was best and I think that we should accept that as correct.

I have altered the TB rules now and would appreciate your comments.

FORZA SARITA
Aug 21st, 2007, 07:56 PM
Ok. As far as I can see, the rules are slightly ambiguous and that is at least partly my fault. In this case, it is up to the manager to decide how to apply the rules because they can be interpreted in different ways. If I was the manager, my interpretation of the rules might have been different to Aleksz's in this case. However, the rules were unclear, and Aleksz did what he thought was best and I think that we should accept that as correct.

I have altered the TB rules now and would appreciate your comments.

please can you post the link?:unsure:
i can't find them :tape:

Chris 84
Aug 21st, 2007, 08:03 PM
http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=283918

ruibarata
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:48 PM
I think someone should do something about the TT in ForestHills....

Rik.
Aug 24th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Bubba, I'm willing to take it over, but I don't understand things about he did.
Total matches counted, I think he didn't use Set ratios in the score.
And Saterday I will be away the whole day.
It's a nightmare for me to start in a situation like this. :help:

Petkorazzi
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:59 AM
I can take it over, if Sharas sends all the picks :help:

edit: I cant anymore :p

daniela86
Sep 19th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Can someone tell me who wins a match in which both players didn't send their picks? :o
The best ranked player maybe? :p

LCS
Sep 19th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Maybe countback...

Petkorazzi
Sep 19th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Can someone tell me who wins a match in which both players didn't send their picks? :o
The best ranked player maybe? :p

I tihnk there was sth like that and both lose, and their 2nd round opponent received a BYE :p

In The Zone
Sep 19th, 2007, 04:33 PM
In Stockholm, they were given another day to send picks. And whoever does or whoever does better, would be granted the next round and play whoever was in the next round. If they both don't send again, it was ruled a walkover.

Is this right?

FORZA SARITA
Sep 20th, 2007, 02:57 PM
I tihnk there was sth like that and both lose, and their 2nd round opponent received a BYE :p

i remember this :p

Petkorazzi
Sep 20th, 2007, 03:24 PM
i remember this :p

Salvo yeah?

daniela86
Sep 20th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Thanks for your help guys :kiss: In The Zone's theory seems the best to me so I decided to follow it in Beijing. :p (And FORZA PENNETTA,I'm sure you can reach the final without a walkover of your opponent :p)

TO newbie
Sep 21st, 2007, 07:51 PM
Hi
I am relatively new here and trying to understand the concepts of these tennis games including tennis tipping. I read the rules and understand the picks and the tie breaking. However, the rules don't really describe how you move from one round of the tournament to another. Do you add up all of the "points" you get for the round and compare it to the individual you are playing against? That seems to be the logical way of moving from one round to another. However that is not really spelled out.

Also - is there an official way that the draw is done for each tournament like a formula for the placing of each seed in the draw. I get how the top seeds are placed in a draw but not how the lower seeds are placed. is there some where to read that?

Thanks for increasing my understanding so that one day I can play as well.
M

Rui.
Sep 21st, 2007, 07:55 PM
Hi
I am relatively new here and trying to understand the concepts of these tennis games including tennis tipping. I read the rules and understand the picks and the tie breaking. However, the rules don't really describe how you move from one round of the tournament to another. Do you add up all of the "points" you get for the round and compare it to the individual you are playing against? That seems to be the logical way of moving from one round to another. However that is not really spelled out.

Also - is there an official way that the draw is done for each tournament like a formula for the placing of each seed in the draw. I get how the top seeds are placed in a draw but not how the lower seeds are placed. is there some where to read that?

Thanks for increasing my understanding so that one day I can play as well.
M

Each round the ones with more points(in that round) wins ;) then you advance in the draw 0:0 again, the one with more points wins...

The 2 top seeds are in the top and bottom half of the draw...The 3 and 4 seeded players are drawn in the bottom and top half but they can only play a top seed in the semis...the other 4 seeds are drawn by the draw but they can only find the other top 4 seeds in the quarters...

TO newbie
Sep 21st, 2007, 08:00 PM
thanks for clearing that up.
M

TO newbie
Sep 21st, 2007, 08:04 PM
How do you determine the number of individuals who can play. is it related to the size of the tournament that the game is being based on or can it grow as the number of players grows.
M

Rui.
Sep 21st, 2007, 08:26 PM
How do you determine the number of individuals who can play. is it related to the size of the tournament that the game is being based on or can it grow as the number of players grows.
M

it depends...Bali was the only tournament of that week so we had a 64 draw...

Normally draws respect the size of the oficial tournament...but in slams we are using 64 person draws instead of 128...YEC have 16 singles and 8 doubles ;)

Rik.
Sep 21st, 2007, 08:29 PM
it depends...Bali was the only tournament of that week so we had a 64 draw...

Normally draws respect the size of the oficial tournament...but in slams we are using 64 person draws instead of 128...YEC have 16 singles and 8 doubles ;)

Maybe next year a 128 draw for grand slams :p

Uranus
Oct 11th, 2007, 06:33 PM
When a match is not completed (rain), we have to:
- wait until the day after and count it?
- ignore it like a retirement?

gumoll
Oct 11th, 2007, 06:34 PM
we have to wait ;)