PDA

View Full Version : I Got My Wimbledon Ticket Today!!

Jan
May 22nd, 2002, 12:43 PM
My friend Joan brought my Wimbledon ticket to work for me today. We are on Court One, Level 2, Row E so that is quite a good seat. Last year we were on Level 3, so we have done quite well. Trouble is it is on Ladies Semi Finals Day and they will be played on Centre Court and we will probably just see doubles. Unless there was a rain delay and they had to switch players on to other courts to keep the schedule. Not that I wish rain on Wimbledon but it would be nice to see a singles semi. We shall have to go and sit on the hill and watch the big screen if Lindsay is in the Semis. What am I saying IF, don't I mean WHEN.

Anyone got their tickets yet?

Just typing this makes me feel very excited.

Cheers for now
Jan
:hearts: :hearts: :wavey: :wavey: :cool: :cool: :D :D

beckl
May 22nd, 2002, 01:28 PM
I decided to give my tickets for semis on centre court up, cos i couldn't really afford it!
But going to eastb all week and first week of wimby (cheaper, u can tell im a northener!)

beckl

joaco
May 23rd, 2002, 12:54 AM
YOU're SOOOOOOOO LUCKY JAN!!!!!!!! I'm happy for you.
One of the things I most want is to go to Wimbledon and watch a mathc in any court.
I'm from Argentina, so it will cost me a bit. But you go out there and enjoy it girl, doesn't matter if it doubles. I'm sure you'll be able to see Lindsay practicing!:cool:

Greenout
May 23rd, 2002, 02:09 AM
Well. Jan. It sounds like a great summer holiday. Going to
the big "W". :) Be sure to post and give us a "My day
at the big "W" diary. I'm sure we'll all enjoy the ancedotes
about the overpriced Strawberries/Cream and how you
spilled beer accidently on a man who turned out to be
Richard Williams. ;)

Julie
May 23rd, 2002, 03:01 AM
Yup Yup :bounce:

I got my tickets for mens quarters on centre block 50 so no one will see me im afraid

and also for ladies final - block 14 which is one of the fornt bloacks :bounce: row D

ehehehehe = i m soooooooo excited :D:D :bounce: :bounce:

mvcy
May 23rd, 2002, 10:17 AM
jan,
do u think it's possible for me 2 buy the 1999 wimbledon ladies finals tape on the spot? because i've lost my copy... i really miss lindsay's HAIR STYLE at the time (grin)....

Jan
May 23rd, 2002, 12:24 PM
I will do a report on "my day at Wimbledon" when I get back, of course. I love the idea of accidentally spilling beer on Richard Williams (as if I would.......................)!

mvcy hello and welcome. When you say about buying on the spot I imagine you mean at Wimbledon? You should ought to be able to get tapes there but I don't know if they do the full matches.

I do know someone who sells tapes but they are quite expensive. Try John.pooley@compuserve.com.

Cheers guys

Jan:wavey: :wavey: :bounce: :bounce:

beckl
May 23rd, 2002, 12:43 PM
you can imagine what 'my day at W' would be.
First day, q for years, get wet (lightning storm), fall alseep on street, get trodden on in mass stampede as gates open. Rush for resale q, get in first, pray to gods in sky for small rain delay to get a decent ticket on centre court, piiss everyone off telliung them i got my ticket for half what they paid. Get punched in the head.
Blag my way into the press conference, have an interview with sue barker, telling her im the new star of england.
Steal as much food as i possibly can on the way out and repeat for the next 5 days.
:)

Kelly
May 23rd, 2002, 01:10 PM
i cant wait for your interveiw with sue barker...what about a primetime slot on the highlights with john inverdale....;)

c2
May 23rd, 2002, 06:59 PM
ABSOLUTELY GREEN with envy over here in the states!

Maajken
May 23rd, 2002, 07:57 PM
Ah i second that pfffffft@all of you going to wimby :p

Dont forget, we want full reports!! :D

Jan
May 24th, 2002, 12:22 PM
I like the idea of a prime time slot on the John Inverdale highlights programme, Kelly - I like JI also!!

I have my large US Flag ready and my Tower of Power banner, so hope I get seen by somebody.

Cheers
Jan
:wavey: :wavey:

c2
May 24th, 2002, 06:11 PM
What does your banner look like, Jan, and how big is it? I want to scan the crowd :)

Maajken
May 24th, 2002, 07:54 PM
Yeah make some weird moves and stuff, scream Linds' name, wave etc. :D