PDA

View Full Version : Are There Players You Actually Like Because Of Their Lovely Fans?

new-york
May 7th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Not me. the player is the player, fans are fans.
i won't wish bad things for someone because of what someone else expresses on her so-called behalf.

your thoughts?

ps: please, keep the "this one is dumb & this one is a lobotomised Grandma for toilets. Respect appreciated. Your point, not the others bad stuck wig.

thanx.

FrenchY52
May 7th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Not really but if i have to choose .
Maria Sharapova just a little because of her fans but it's almost because of HER :fiery:

Summer Snow
May 7th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Yes!! Sharapova-Hantuchova (well just 1 fan :rolleyes: ) His name is Jedem, so stupid! :fiery:

-VSR-
May 7th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Some Sharapova & Justine fans. But there are some really nice ones! :wavey:

xin_hui
May 7th, 2006, 05:32 PM
yes

Brooklyn90
May 7th, 2006, 05:33 PM
TRUE :)

FrenchY52
May 7th, 2006, 05:35 PM
But i like Davenport also because of her fans :worship:

Summer Snow
May 7th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Justine fans :fiery: Sunset, Justeenium! :mad:

Summer Snow
May 7th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Not really but if i have to choose .
Maria Sharapova just a little because of her fans but it's almost because of HER :fiery:
:bowdown:

TeaMMashA
May 7th, 2006, 05:37 PM
i dont like to judge people on other people, for example their followers. Its kind of a silly thing to do really its like judging an entire nation on one person. As ive herd Serena and Venus are really nice girls and i know this :devil: ;)

borisy
May 7th, 2006, 05:39 PM
I like Venus but some of her fans are :retard:

Derek.

I agree.

Dan23, a Sharapova fan, is very annoying. :rolleyes: ;)

FrenchY52
i dont like to judge people on other people, for example their followers. Its kind of a silly thing to do really its like judging an entire nation on one person. As ive herd Serena is a really nice girl and i know this :devil: ;)

Yes but you must admit some fans are really ...
But you are a great masha fan :worship: ;)

xin_hui
May 7th, 2006, 05:40 PM
I agree.

Dan23, a Sharapova fan, is very annoying. :rolleyes: ;)

Dan23 is definitely not the sharapova fan(s) i find annoying

TeaMMashA
May 7th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Yes but you must admit some fans are really ...
But you are a great masha fan :worship: ;)

Yes of course. You will get great people in life and you will meet not so great people in life but most of the time greatness prevails. One wish on this board is for everyone to get on but it will never happen. :hug: :)

Louis Cyphre
make a poll :lol:

Summer Snow
I like Venus but some of her fans are :retard:
No, you really like Hingis, and because Venus dismantled her this week you're mad! :rolleyes: i see right through you borisy! I ahve FINALLY figured you out! You hate on EVERYONE EXCCEPT Hingis! :fiery:

Piotr'ek
May 7th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Serena :angel:

Summer Snow
May 7th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Serena :angel:
:devil:

morningglory
May 7th, 2006, 05:50 PM
No, you really like Hingis, and because Venus dismantled her this week you're mad! :rolleyes: i see right through you borisy! I ahve FINALLY figured you out! You hate on EVERYONE EXCCEPT Hingis! :fiery:
don't be so sure you've got him figured out.... borisy is chaos incarnate who like to stir up trouble-causing threads just for the fun of it. He doesn't limit his target to just the players either... anyway I don't believe he's a fan of any player :o

*JR*
May 7th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Is there vCash betting on when this thread will be locked? :lol:

morningglory
May 7th, 2006, 05:51 PM
and to answer the question, NO. It doesn't even make sense anyway. Like the players got a chance to pick who'd be their fans anyway... :rolleyes:

Derek.
May 7th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Dan23 is definitely not the sharapova fan(s) i find annoying

I was being sarcastic. :lol: When he sees that, he'll know I was being sarcastic. He is the coolest Sharapova fan I know. :D

GoDominique
May 7th, 2006, 05:52 PM
At the very least there are players whom I want to lose all the time because of their fans. :)

kiwifan
May 7th, 2006, 05:53 PM
yes.

More acurately there are players who I would have viewed as respected rivals and would have wanted them to lose to my faves but that was before I started posting here; now I often want them to lose badly, in the first round, just because of their fans.

Probably the worst was I always liked Russian players until this "Russian Revolution" nonsense. Now with only a couple of exceptions, I laugh when one of the "Russian Revolution" girls loses early in a Slam.

On the flip side Big Lindsay was my least favorite player when I started posting here, her fans, her own efforts, time, whatever have led me to actually root for her when she isn't playing a Hingis, a JCap, a Seles or a Williams Sister. :cool:

Il Primo!
I think fans of player who haven't won slams,won freakly or not for a long time are a little bit agressive and frustrated :reatard: ... But they are all not like that, hopefully ;)

Wiggly
I just hate when fans are "My fav playd bad, is he played well she would have trashed her. She is the best. She's the hottest."

When they say that when their fav just lost 2-6 3-6 and her opponent is much more hotter, that's annoy me VERY much :)

Oneofakind0490
May 7th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Sharapova fans has improved a lot since 2004. After Wimbledon it was un bearible and made me dislike her a lot. Now there are some fuck tards here and there but otherwise he fans have matured and not there for the hottest factor anymore.

Summer Snow
May 7th, 2006, 05:55 PM
don't be so sure you've got him figured out.... borisy is chaos incarnate who like to stir up trouble-causing threads just for the fun of it. He doesn't limit his target to just the players either... anyway I don't believe he's a fan of any player :o
I was thinking the same!! Maybe he's that Matthew Cronin guy that hates wta players and the people of wtaworld :fiery: :devil:

perseus2006
May 7th, 2006, 06:01 PM

This statement from the most biased and nastiest poster on the boards!!!

This guy turns many against Venus.

Summer Snow
May 7th, 2006, 06:05 PM

:angel:

Summer Snow
May 7th, 2006, 06:08 PM
http://wtaworld.com/search.php?searchid=502587

Justine Fan
May 7th, 2006, 06:16 PM

:yeah:

Summer Snow
May 7th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Wait, I actually like Justine. I just dislike 2 of her fans! :help:

Slumpsova
May 7th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Venus & Myskina. hell, i used to love them until some fans get on my nerves with stupid excuses about why they lost the match :rolleyes:

johnoo
May 7th, 2006, 06:39 PM
anyone who dislikes a player because a so called fan of hers(any player) on a internet forum is a dickhead is very sad,I think if I took that attitude I would hate every player because most of the players seem to have a annoying fan poster,fair enough dislike players for the way they act but don't dislike them because of posters on a forum cause thats just stupid.

new-york
May 7th, 2006, 06:40 PM
anyone who dislikes a player because a so called fan of hers(any player) on a internet forum is a dickhead is very sad,I think if I took that attitude I would hate every player because most of the players seem to have a annoying fan poster,fair enough dislike players for the way they act but don't dislike them because of posters on a forum cause thats just stupid.

would have been kinder, but i agree.

new-york
May 7th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Reminder

ps: please, keep the "this one is dumb & this one is a lobotomised Grandma for toilets. Respect appreciated. Your point, not the others bad stuck wig.

thanx.

:lol: :angel:

TF Chipmunk
May 7th, 2006, 06:42 PM
SOME Venus and Serena fans (i.e. John_Ayers/Simplicity/WimbledonFan/And1Bask8Ball) :o Others are very very kind :) And because of that, it balances out and I have respect for most players :shrug:

Vacant
May 7th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Every big name player has their share of annoying fans to be honest.

Apart from Lindsay and Mauresmo for some reason.

Justine Fan
May 7th, 2006, 06:48 PM
John_Ayres seems to be in the lead of the most hated and annoying :haha: :haha:

Stamp Paid
May 7th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Yes.

Lulu.
May 7th, 2006, 07:15 PM
:rolleyes:

Martyś
May 7th, 2006, 07:17 PM
I love tennis. And this is the most important thing. That's why I don't dislike or like any tennis player cause of her/his fans.

There is no place on earth without fools. :p

BUBI
No.

Slumpsova
Every big name player has their share of annoying fans to be honest.

Apart from Lindsay and Mauresmo for some reason.

i don't think Mauresmo is in exception list for this if you ask me. i know how to use "ignore list" because of them :lol:

Craigy
May 7th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Well I don't really mind venus but most of her fans just put me right off her...

Joana
May 7th, 2006, 07:31 PM
At the very least there are players whom I want to lose all the time because of their fans. :)

I agree.

new-york
May 7th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Title changed
ok, new perspective.

i'm peaceful. draw it.

Diesel
May 7th, 2006, 08:25 PM
I dislike certain players, and their fans make it worse. If I'm already a fan of a player, I don't much care for the fans one way or the other.

iPatty
May 7th, 2006, 08:31 PM
SOME Venus and Serena fans (i.e. John_Ayers/Simplicity/WimbledonFan/And1Bask8Ball) :o Others are very very kind :) And because of that, it balances out and I have respect for most players :shrug:

*death*

:haha:

tenn_ace
May 7th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Amelie fans are the best fans in the world. They have converted me...

PS. Sveta fans follow closely Amelie fans... :bounce:

iPatty
May 7th, 2006, 08:38 PM
I agree, Amelie's fans have lured me into loving her. :hearts:

:inlove:
May 7th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Justeenium and msharafan (or something like that) and John_Ayers (although his posts actually amuse me :tape:) are the only posters who annoy me...But I don't necessarily hate the players just because of a few immature, obsessed losers. :rolleyes:

But Mauresmo, Davenport & Krajicek fans all seem really nice. :hug: Also Golovin and some WS fans rock! :rocker:

morningglory
May 7th, 2006, 08:46 PM
to quote from the list of the worst ever: tennisjay (saw her lurking around a couple days ago thought she was banned) and ivanovic (banned)...
dunno who's worse... maybe a tie :lol: I'm sure you all still remember them...
That said I like Ana since her game follows the Lindsay/Serena/Maria category and Venus is Serena (whose game I also like a lot)'s sister so I cheer for them when they're not playing my ova girls...

Thauron
May 7th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Am I only one that finds it rather weird is that a thread with the title "Are There Players You Actually Like Because Of Their Lovely Fans?", becomes a battle ground upon who has the most annoying fans right from the first post. :confused:

That being said, fans shouldn't influence one's opinion on a player.
I can only remember hoping player X would loose, because some of her fans were spawning the forums with 'PLayer X will win, will dominate, will double bagel,...' not because of a dislike for that specific player, but hoping these people would finally cool down and stop posting their ridiculous threads after an early exit or a devastating loss from their favourite.

I stopped doing that though, since how bad that hoped for loss eventually happened to be - it never helped. :tape:

On a more general note: top class players seem to attract classy fans. As Vacant said, Mauresmo and Davenport fans come to mind. Not surprising I never mind these two players winning, though not because of their classy fans, but because of who they are.

Joana
May 7th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Am I only one that finds it rather weird is that a thread with the title "Are There Players You Actually Like Because Of Their Lovely Fans?", becomes a battle ground upon who has the most annoying fans right from the first post. :confused:

That's because the title was changed. The original name was "Are there any players you dislike because of their fans?"

Thauron
May 7th, 2006, 09:32 PM
That's because the title was changed. The original name was "Are there any players you dislike because of their fans?"

Aha, now that does explain something...

new-york
May 7th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Title changed
ok, new perspective.

i'm peaceful. draw it.

clearer now.

Dan23
May 8th, 2006, 03:02 AM
I like Maria because of her lovely fans :angel: :lol:

Yes!! Sharapova-Hantuchova (well just 1 fan :rolleyes: ) His name is Jedem, so stupid! :fiery:Youre a good one to be calling people stupid :p
Jedem shows intelligence...something you struggle with

smiler
May 8th, 2006, 03:15 AM
Amelie fans are the best fans in the world. They have converted me...

PS. Sveta fans follow closely Amelie fans... :bounce:

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Yey!

Edit: I'm confused with this tread as to whether it's about liking or disliking so I'll answer for both.

I don't dislike any player because of her fans, but as fans go Justine fans (but not Justine fan!) are the most annoying, followed by Serena, Maria and Venus fans.

The best fans are Amelie's and Sveta's (not that I'm at all biased :angel: ) but I am already a fan of those two, I didn't need their fans to sway me! Kim and Lindsey fans are also great. :yeah: although I'm not a fan of either player, their fans make me feel warmer towards them.

smiler
May 8th, 2006, 03:29 AM
Myskina and Dementieva fans are also really nice, but it doesn't make me want to cheer for them any more than I would have anyway. (In the case of Dementieva not at all ever, and in the case of Myskina only if she's not playing one of my faves!)

drake3781
May 8th, 2006, 03:30 AM
Chinese fans are very nice and pleasant, and knowledgeable, and I have made me interesed in following other Chinese players besides Shuai. :wavey:

Particularly 1Star with some nice background information on Li Na.

Derek.
May 8th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Jedem shows intelligence...something you struggle with

:rocker2: