PDA

View Full Version : Grunting Kim

Majolifan
May 7th, 2006, 12:41 PM
I was very surprised to hear Kim grunting several times during the final. I never heard that of Kim before. Maybe she was influenced be extreme-grunter Sveta?

Craigy
May 7th, 2006, 12:44 PM
She does grunt. Just sometimes she grunts more one day than another

xin_hui
May 7th, 2006, 12:44 PM
every player does grunt sometimes when under pressure or reaching out for a ball, kim included

TeaMMashA
May 7th, 2006, 12:46 PM
If you dont like the engine in formula one dont watch it. Same goes with tennis! If you dont like grunting dont watch it!

Pinkie
May 7th, 2006, 12:46 PM
She does grunt slightly. Sometimes you can hear it better than other times.

Majolifan
May 7th, 2006, 12:48 PM
I didn't write that I don't like it, I just was surprised about Kim.

chuCKnorris
May 7th, 2006, 12:51 PM
It's not grunting. You can't expect that she'll stay completely still while reaching very difficult balls. She does it very quietly and it's not annoying like for example Sharapova's grunts.

Slumpsova
May 7th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Kim :hearts:

furrykitten
May 7th, 2006, 04:13 PM
It's not grunting. You can't expect that she'll stay completely still while reaching very difficult balls. She does it very quietly and it's not annoying like for example Sharapova's grunts.

Maria's grunts are great!

manu32
May 7th, 2006, 04:24 PM
contagious disease???

Danči Dementia
May 7th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Oh come on no way her grunts are so damned anoyying....just like all her person is :p seriously I don't know how the other player don't get mad about her grunts.
Kimmi does grunt sometimes and she does it really cute :hearts: :kiss: just as my lena oh-woo..............I love both fo them

xin_hui
May 7th, 2006, 04:30 PM

for the deaf :tape: :lol:

Justine Fan
May 7th, 2006, 05:21 PM

:haha: :haha: yeh and even the deaf can hear them :haha: :haha:

furrykitten
May 7th, 2006, 05:29 PM
:haha: :haha: yeh and even the deaf can hear them :haha: :haha:

They (Kim+Justine) teamed up in Fed Cup to beat the Russain duo, now even their fans are teaming up to defeat a Russain players fan! :lol: :wavey:

But I refuse to be beaten!

Mightymirza
May 7th, 2006, 05:31 PM
some players I have never heard grunting AT ALL..For instance Steffi,Mirza,Ivanovic..Never heard a grunt...But yeah apparantly for most players it starts when you become nervous and the breathing becomes irregular because of that..Hence you start grunting..As a result of the unusual breathing..This is true for most of players grunting except Sharapova and LenaD I think..Both of them are just used to grunting :lol:

TeaMMashA
May 7th, 2006, 05:33 PM
I find it shocking that people even care or that it bothers them!

TF Chipmunk
May 7th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Her grunts aren't very loud :shrug:

TF Chipmunk
May 7th, 2006, 05:36 PM
They (Kim+Justine) teamed up in Fed Cup to beat the Russain duo, now even their fans are teaming up to defeat a Russain players fan! :lol: :wavey:

But I refuse to be beaten!
:lol: Can ya feel the love? :hearts:

Mightymirza
May 7th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I find it shocking that people even care or that it bothers them!
Well apparantly it mixes with the sound of ball being hit and it can off your timing ..As that sound of ball actually being hit by racket is essential in many players timing and movement.. So if someone is grunting as loud as sharapova of course it will bother her...Even slightest thing can turn off your timing in a close match..And this is I think quite a serious thing for a player..

.david.
May 7th, 2006, 06:28 PM
some players I have never heard grunting AT ALL..For instance Steffi,Mirza,Ivanovic..Never heard a grunt...But yeah apparantly for most players it starts when you become nervous and the breathing becomes irregular because of that..Hence you start grunting..As a result of the unusual breathing..This is true for most of players grunting except Sharapova and LenaD I think..Both of them are just used to grunting :lol:

Ivanovic does grunt sometimes! I like Kims grunt and i love Sharapovas :drool: ;)

ace4lleykim
May 7th, 2006, 08:47 PM
She grunts when intense tennis is on, it keeps her head focused. But I don't think it's that of a loud grunt.

Jodie
May 7th, 2006, 08:54 PM

I'm just lucky that I am deaf, I guess :unsure:

Mightymirza
May 8th, 2006, 01:51 AM
Ivanovic does grunt sometimes! I like Kims grunt and i love Sharapovas :drool: ;)
yeah I was gonna say it..Sorry my bad..:D..I just saw a video and she was making feeble aaiis while hitting ball..Compared to schiaones grunts.. :tape: ..But never seen mirza or Stefanie grunt yet...

Junex
May 8th, 2006, 02:42 AM
Well apparantly it mixes with the sound of ball being hit and it can off your timing ..As that sound of ball actually being hit by racket is essential in many players timing and movement.. So if someone is grunting as loud as sharapova of course it will bother her...Even slightest thing can turn off your timing in a close match..And this is I think quite a serious thing for a player..

That was in theory only true to the players of old who only find ways to excuse there losses (and annoyance) to more able much agile younger players...

if you ask the crop of players now, they are so used to grunting that they have outgrown it much less bother them...

I have heard petrova commented about that and, yes it doesn't bother her at all!