PDA

View Full Version : Venus' New Stick

darrinbaker00
May 7th, 2006, 05:51 AM
I was 101 percent wrong about the paint job:

Venus' New Stick
By Tennis Week
05/06/2006

Venus Williams returned to tournament tennis in Warsaw this week sporting a new look and wielding what appears to be a new stick.

The Wimbledon champion was wearing braids with red highlights and swinging what looks to be a new multi-colored Wilson racquet.

While it's common for players to repaint their favorite frames to promote a racquet-manufacturer's latest model, a Wilson spokesperson told Tennis Week Williams, who has played with the Wilson nCode n4 in recent years, is using a new model.

"Venus is using a new Wilson racket — an announcement is forthcoming," the Wilson spokesperson said.

http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=15262&bannerregion=

xr6turbo
May 7th, 2006, 05:59 AM
I was 101 percent wrong about the paint job:

Venus' New Stick
By Tennis Week
05/06/2006

Venus Williams returned to tournament tennis in Warsaw this week sporting a new look and wielding what appears to be a new stick.

The Wimbledon champion was wearing braids with red highlights and swinging what looks to be a new multi-colored Wilson racquet.

While it's common for players to repaint their favorite frames to promote a racquet-manufacturer's latest model, a Wilson spokesperson told Tennis Week Williams, who has played with the Wilson nCode n4 in recent years, is using a new model.

"Venus is using a new Wilson racket — an announcement is forthcoming," the Wilson spokesperson said.

http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=15262&bannerregion=
Wow.. I thought that it was just a paint job over her n4, guess i was wrong too :lol:

Wonder what the new racket is going to be called?

technique90
May 7th, 2006, 06:00 AM
what is it?

xr6turbo
May 7th, 2006, 06:01 AM
what is it?
Wilson hasn't announced what it is yet.. I'm sure they will in a few weeks. :)

myxomatosis
May 7th, 2006, 06:03 AM
A mystery stick. How intriguing! I hope the announcement is soon...

darrinbaker00
May 7th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Wow.. I thought that it was just a paint job over her n4, guess i was wrong too :lol:

Wilson re-signed the sisters to new deals in January, and I'd be willing to bet that having their new sticks named after them was part of the deal. If Babolat can do it for a poser like Andy Roddick, then Wilson certainly can do it for Venus and Serena.

myxomatosis
May 7th, 2006, 06:12 AM
Wilson re-signed the sisters to new deals in January, and I'd be willing to bet that having their new sticks named after them was part of the deal. If Babolat can do it for a poser like Andy Roddick, then Wilson certainly can do it for Venus and Serena.Poor Andy Roddick. He's such an easy target. :lol:

xr6turbo
May 7th, 2006, 06:20 AM
Wilson re-signed the sisters to new deals in January, and I'd be willing to bet that having their new sticks named after them was part of the deal. If Babolat can do it for a poser like Andy Roddick, then Wilson certainly can do it for Venus and Serena.
Awesome.. that would be cool :D

Kenny
May 7th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Fantastic.

drive-volley
May 7th, 2006, 07:56 AM

At one of her press conferences she was talking about this racquet. It's called Divine Aureus (or something like that) and is inspired by Klimt's painting, "The Kiss". Klimt is her favourite artist :) .

silverwhite
May 7th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Is it part of the W line? :p

drive-volley
May 7th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Is it part of the W line? :p
Yeah, she said that.

lee station
May 7th, 2006, 10:14 AM
:worship:

xr6turbo
May 7th, 2006, 03:13 PM
At one of her press conferences she was talking about this racquet. It's called Divine Aureus (or something like that) and is inspired by Klimt's painting, "The Kiss". Klimt is her favourite artist :) .
Wow thats an awesome name :) Go Vee

Kenny
May 7th, 2006, 03:18 PM
The Kiss by Klimt:
http://www.canvaz.com/klimt/klimt_big_1.jpg

My favorite Klimt:
http://www.artunframed.com/images/artmis47/klimt6.jpg

Venus has good taste. I would love a reprint of one of those..

xr6turbo
May 7th, 2006, 04:00 PM
http://www.canvaz.com/klimt/klimt_big_1.jpg
http://www.jandscup.pl/zdj/2006_05_03_01/2087.jpg

Can see some of the same colours etc. in her new racket :)

volta
May 7th, 2006, 04:46 PM
nice :hearts: :hearts:

akosijepoy
May 7th, 2006, 05:03 PM
"Divine Aureus" sounds good! I'm excited to see other design. I'm sure there's more than one pattern to it! :)

MrSerenaWilliams
May 7th, 2006, 05:57 PM
I wonder what Serena will do to her own designed racquet. The N3 seems to big for her. I mean, Prince let James Blake design his own racquet.....hmm. That must be the new litmus test for your tennis celebrity, if your racquet company has enough faith in you to let you design your own racquet. I wonder if the specs are the same for the N4 (the racquet I have now) and this new one....I really like the N6.2 though, that should be really good for Serena. It's a LOT like the H6.

matija-seles
May 7th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Oh my God, you are so naive. I've strung her racquets in Warsaw. This is the same racquet she used, just with the new paintjob.

matija-seles
May 7th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Oh, just to say one thing: stock frame has 16x19 pattern. Venus always has 18 mains.

MrSerenaWilliams
May 7th, 2006, 08:57 PM
why would she lie? it doesnt make and sense

new-york
May 7th, 2006, 10:26 PM
not really lies, but marketing deals.

dunno if it's the same, perso. i love Wilson's rackets.

Sinnet
May 8th, 2006, 12:12 AM
That's just a Wilson person doing his marketing job.

Venus is playing with the nCode n4 with the paintjob of one of their new sticks. Trust me, you can tell.

IceHock
May 8th, 2006, 12:15 AM

did you guys notice that both venus's and serena's name is in the raquet name

tennnisfannn
May 8th, 2006, 02:43 AM
did you guys notice that both venus's and serena's name is in the raquet name
if you looik hard enough you will also find a host of other players' names;)

Boss monkey
May 8th, 2006, 02:50 AM
I love how her new stick raquet, I want one.

StarDuvallGrant
May 8th, 2006, 02:56 AM

Thanks for the info. There's always an interesting story behind anything Venus related :lol:

Lulu.
May 8th, 2006, 04:39 AM
I wonder what Serena will do to her own designed racquet. The N3 seems to big for her. I mean, Prince let James Blake design his own racquet.....hmm. That must be the new litmus test for your tennis celebrity, if your racquet company has enough faith in you to let you design your own racquet. I wonder if the specs are the same for the N4 (the racquet I have now) and this new one....I really like the N6.2 though, that should be really good for Serena. It's a LOT like the H6.

Me too!