PDA

View Full Version : The Chinese Players are on the move!!

GracefulVenus
May 6th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I must say that I am impressed with ALL of the Chinese players that are currently on tour. All Chinese final in Estroil and they took the doubes title already. Very impressive ladies. I look for them to be a major factor and the latter part of the season, and I will predict that Li Na will win a major title this season :wavey:

Pengwin
May 6th, 2006, 04:31 PM
I will predict that Na Li will win a major title this season :wavey:

:eek: :speakles: :eek: :unsure:
Which one? Wimbledon or US Open?

GracefulVenus
May 6th, 2006, 04:32 PM
I didn't mean a GS I said a Major title......meaning Tier I or popular Tier II

GracefulVenus
May 6th, 2006, 04:37 PM
I guess!! Thanks for your approval.......................................... .................................................. .......................................although it was not needed. Just complimenting the Chinese Players!

-sugi-
May 6th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Li Na :worship: I would love for her to win a Tier I or II

andrewC
May 6th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Let's just see how they play in Berlin, Rome and whereever else a tier I or II tournament they play.... As much as I like the Chinese players, I think they need to prove themselves a force by taking a few top 15 scalps from QF stage onwards before I am fully comfident of them posing a threat in the big tournies. I think if Li Na continues such good form on clay, Zheng also, and get the big wins, they will get more confident and break the mental weakness they have against bigger players (especially Na). Then, I think, they will be a force to be reckoned with! :banana:

svetafecionado
May 6th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Li Na :worship: I would love for her to win a Tier I or II

I second that. :yeah:

Shooter
May 6th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Sun TianTian - Indian Wells - 2006

http://www.mfwweb.com/tennis/IW06/Sun_04.jpg

HAOCHEN-GOAT
May 6th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Totally agree :D

pcrtennis
May 6th, 2006, 05:49 PM
I agree....just like it was with the Russians, they are slowly but surely making their move. It takes a while but you can see it's happening!

ZAK
May 6th, 2006, 06:06 PM
I'm enjoying the rise of the Chinese. I really believe Na Li is the best of the bunch, and she deserves to be ranked higher than where she is right one.

The Chinese do need some new younger players if they're going to have a rise similar to the Russians.

Carmen Mairena
May 6th, 2006, 07:10 PM
:bowdown: :woohoo: :bowdown:

Jum_p_Over
May 6th, 2006, 07:12 PM
GOOOO CHINA
My hometown :bowdown:

*JR*
May 6th, 2006, 07:17 PM
:PengPassion: here has faded, though. :shrug:

Pengwin
May 6th, 2006, 07:18 PM
:PengPassion: here has faded, though. :shrug:

Please don't say that :bigcry: :sobbing: :( :sad: :bigcry: :sobbing: :smash: :awww: :bigcry: :sobbing: :( :sad: :bigcry: :sobbing: :smash: :awww: :bigcry: :sobbing: :( :sad: :bigcry: :sobbing: :smash: :awww: :bigcry: :sobbing: :( :sad: :bigcry: :sobbing: :smash: :awww:

-sugi-
May 6th, 2006, 07:21 PM
The Chinese do need some new younger players if they're going to have a rise similar to the Russians.
Meng Yuan is 19 thats the youngest one I can think of out of the "top" ones

I look at the junior ranks, they have only one player, Ling Zhang in the top 100. Hong Kong have quite a few girls in the junior top 100

jonny84
May 6th, 2006, 07:35 PM
We've been saying this for ages now about the Chinese coming. Today is another milestone and tomorrow is the first WTA all-Chinese final.

It shows that the Chinese Tennis Federation is certainly paying off.

1star
May 6th, 2006, 07:51 PM
:PengPassion: here has faded, though. :shrug:Peng entered below tournaments for clay season:

ECM Prague Open
Internazionali d'Italia
Internationaux de Strasbourg
Roland Garros

She is selecting her own matches since she did not play the same tournaments with others last year.

1star
May 6th, 2006, 07:52 PM
I'm enjoying the rise of the Chinese. I really believe Na Li is the best of the bunch, and she deserves to be ranked higher than where she is right one.

The Chinese do need some new younger players if they're going to have a rise similar to the Russians.agree :wavey:

drake3781
May 7th, 2006, 12:15 AM
GOOOO CHINA
My hometown :bowdown:

That's a pretty big town!!! :eek:

Ceze
May 7th, 2006, 02:29 AM
Go China! :bounce:

Jum_p_Over
May 7th, 2006, 02:31 AM
That's a pretty big town!!! :eek:

Well you know what i mean :p

Marshmallow
May 7th, 2006, 02:32 AM
Refreshing, compared to the Russian infestation we have had to endure. The WTA should probably limit the number of russian tennis players (or of any nation on the tour) entering. It's an epidemic.

But anyway, i'm glad to see Chinese players making a move. Now all we need is some more AFRICAN players, and we can say that Tennis is truly global!!!

drake3781
May 7th, 2006, 02:42 AM
Well you know what i mean :p

Yes, and you are using my smilie-of-the-moment, too :p

Solitaire
May 7th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Yea it's a nice crop of middle of the road players. I see them more as paving the way for the next gen which I'm hoping will produce better players.

Lulu.
May 7th, 2006, 04:55 AM
I only see them having major success in Doubles....I dont think they will a force in Singles :)

Buitenzorg
May 7th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Chinese players :kiss: :eek: how fast their mover :eek:

drake3781
May 7th, 2006, 05:16 AM
I only see them having major success in Doubles....I dont think they will a force in Singles :)

:confused:

Sadka
May 7th, 2006, 07:31 AM
:worship: :hearts:

Alicia Rocks
May 7th, 2006, 07:37 AM
:worship:

dementievafan123
May 7th, 2006, 07:57 AM
thats cuz all the other girls are too tired from entertaining tursonov and safin

1star
May 7th, 2006, 09:40 AM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_2605_gallery.JPG
Go Na~

Experimentee
May 7th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Yes China has a lot of talented players and they will definitely be more of a force though when they stop being controlled so much by the CTA.

There are younger ones but they havent played very much in challengers or WTA, apart from the top ones, most of the Chinese players are only allowed to play locally.

lee station
May 7th, 2006, 12:13 PM

iPatty
May 7th, 2006, 12:53 PM
http://blogs.wtnphotos.com/data/3263/7951128peng.jpg

Shuai Peng

The most talented of the group, the biggest headcase of the group. If only she could piece together her game.

Jackson.
May 7th, 2006, 01:08 PM

drake3781
May 8th, 2006, 12:18 AM

You worship that? :confused:

GracefulVenus
May 8th, 2006, 03:04 PM
thats cuz all the other girls are too tired from entertaining tursonov and safin
Low Blow man............Good luck the Chinese women.........I hope they prove you wrong :wavey:

New
May 8th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Go Li Na and Zheng Jie!:bounce:

Slumpsova
May 8th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Peng entered below tournaments for clay season:

ECM Prague Open
Internazionali d'Italia
Internationaux de Strasbourg
Roland Garros

She is selecting her own matches since she did not play the same tournaments with others last year.

win them all baby :kiss:

andrewC
May 9th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Sun TianTian - Indian Wells - 2006

http://www.mfwweb.com/tennis/IW06/Sun_04.jpg

perfect symmetry!

SAEKeithSerena
May 9th, 2006, 12:56 AM
i have to agree. even serena said, everyone's talking about the russians, but the chinese are coming up more than EVER!

Go_Ruskies
May 10th, 2006, 12:05 AM
perfect symmetry!Very nice legs, too.