PDA

View Full Version : How Come Nadia Always Gets Cakewalks ???

pierce0415
May 6th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I am sick of Nadia and her "luck" with draws lately. First she wins Amelia Island Tier II and Charleston Tier I beating nobody of note except for thief Bohmova (and Schiavone / playing badly Patty). Then at Berlin she managed to secure for herself a cakewalk draw to the final with slumping Dechy as her R16, inconsistent Dani as her QF and Patty as her SF. While on the other side of the draw, Amelie, Justine, Martina, Elena D and Sveta have to battle it out for a spot in the final. Nadia will waltz into the final, gaining another 210 points for beating nobody and has a good chance to beat her tired opponent.

GracefulVenus
May 6th, 2006, 04:29 PM
It does not matter........and may I say how rude of you to ask a question like that. She won the tourneys and thats it................when people talk of her title wins, they wont be asking who was in the draw? All of our favorite players have won tourenys when lower-class players were in the draw. Venus - Istanbul 05'

Reuchlin
May 6th, 2006, 04:29 PM
booo!

SilK
May 6th, 2006, 04:33 PM
It does not matter........and may I say how rude of you to ask a question like that. She won the tourneys and thats it................when people talk of her title wins, they wont be asking who was in the draw? All of our favorite players have won tourenys when lower-class players were in the draw. Venus - Istanbul 05'

Sad but true. On the contrary, everybody remember Kournikova for NOT winning a title. They do not know her for reaching the '98 Miami Final by beating four top 10 player in a row. A shame, but the truth.

-sugi-
May 6th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I am sick of Nadia and her "luck" with draws lately. First she wins Amelia Island Tier II and Charleston Tier I beating nobody of note except for thief Bohmova (and Schiavone / playing badly Patty). Then at Berlin she managed to secure for herself a cakewalk draw to the final with slumping Dechy as her R16, inconsistent Dani as her QF and Patty as her SF. While on the other side of the draw, Amelie, Justine, Martina, Elena D and Sveta have to battle it out for a spot in the final. Nadia will waltz into the final, gaining another 210 points for beating nobody and has a good chance to beat her tired opponent.
you are always so rude about Petrova :mad: She is a really hard worker, I saw her once training at a tournament and she was there a long time on the court practicing. She deserves it and who cares who she beat? she just makes the best of her draws. She can't help it

hablo
May 6th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Never underestimate Patty :devil:

RR-87
May 6th, 2006, 04:49 PM
she is top player, so of course she can often have such easy draws :D
but Berlin's draw is really very very easy :eek:

The Daviator
May 6th, 2006, 05:04 PM
:rolleyes: Don't take it out on Nadia, she doesn't make the draws...

wateva
May 6th, 2006, 05:06 PM
the gods know what an ass you've been and they are punishing u.;)

Lulu.
May 6th, 2006, 05:37 PM
This is true to an extent

conrado
May 6th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Good players are usually favoured by luck ;)

Summer Snow
May 6th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Just shut your yap! :retard:

UDACHi
May 6th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Nadia you evil draw maker!

Shonami Slam
May 6th, 2006, 06:01 PM
easy - she started smiling, and the whole world is smiling with her.

morningglory
May 6th, 2006, 06:18 PM
never underestimate Ana! :devil: :p

ah well so much for underestimation :haha:

hablo
May 6th, 2006, 06:24 PM
never underestimate Ana! :devil: :p

ah well so much for underestimation :haha:
ok,ok, never underestimate Ana too :devil::haha:

LefandePatty
May 6th, 2006, 06:30 PM

So true.

danieln1
May 6th, 2006, 06:39 PM
So true!!!
Nadia number 2 seed in a tier I event... sad

selesbooz
May 6th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Wasn''t Mauresmo the one that use to get easy draws? And Before her Clijsters.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 6th, 2006, 07:04 PM
I'm sick of Nadia, too

Carmen Mairena
May 6th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Every player has some of these streaks, so don't complain.

Summer Snow
May 6th, 2006, 07:45 PM
So true.
:scratch:

Filip!
May 6th, 2006, 07:52 PM
She said herself that she's the topfavourite for RG.

Mana
May 6th, 2006, 08:14 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Go Nadia! Shut these loosers up!!!

AsGoodAsNew
May 6th, 2006, 08:27 PM
She worships Satan. And he gives her good draws.

UDACHi
May 6th, 2006, 08:34 PM

:eek: The truth is out!

*JR*
May 6th, 2006, 08:35 PM
I thought this thread was about Nadya, not the Cuckoo Clock. :p

Ryan
May 6th, 2006, 08:54 PM
As much as I respect Petrova, it's so true in this instance. Mauresmo, HH, Dementieva, Svetlana and Hingis are ALL in the top half. Nadia has...Patty...Hantuchova...and Gronefeld. :tape:

No Name Face
May 6th, 2006, 08:56 PM

pssh. it ain't that. nadia might not be a looker, but she must give great head. like a hoover vaccuum :drool:

ezekiel
May 6th, 2006, 09:05 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Go Nadia! Shut these loosers up!!!
:tape: :lol:

BTW Petrova gets exposed in slams and big tournies . Let her have her 15 minutes of fame :wavey: Her non descript boring game is just a flash in the pan waiting to flame out

mike/topgun
May 6th, 2006, 09:17 PM
so what? she'll lose in the final this time 4 sure

SvetaPleaseWin.
May 6th, 2006, 09:26 PM

i totally agree-she is one lucky bugger :mad:

maybe petrova made a deal with the wta

in return for playing nearly every week, shes gets easy opponents

jochem
May 6th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Just like mentioned before Nadia's big test is yet to come. Winning these titles and being in top 5 is great for her and very much deserved but lets face it... She's still expected to win her first big tourney defeating big names and GS winners including Kim, Juju, Vee, Rena, Masha, Mary, Amelie, Marti, Sveta etc. I believe RG will be that big test as she'll be a top 8 seed for sure, maybe even top 4 so she's expected to reach at least the QF. I believe she is capable of reaching QF in Paris but she'll need to step it up against the afore mentioned players because they are of a different league than the players Nadia has taken down this year... Nadia did a good job in defeating top 10 player Patty and pushing Maria in AO and Juju at Fed Cup but besides that her big breakthrough is yet to happen :)

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 6th, 2006, 09:31 PM
:rolleyes:

People used to say the same thing about Mauresmo, but look at her draw here!

It's just the luck of the draw and it's up to whoever gets the lucky draw to take advantage of it!!!!!

vogus
May 6th, 2006, 09:38 PM
As much as I respect Petrova, it's so true in this instance. Mauresmo, HH, Dementieva, Svetlana and Hingis are ALL in the top half. Nadia has...Patty...Hantuchova...and Gronefeld. :tape:

take a closer look though. Petrova will probably have to play Zvonareva, Zheng, and Safina in her first three matches - all of whom are pretty dangerous clay players. For the #2 seed, that's not a "cake walk" at all.

SAEKeithSerena
May 6th, 2006, 09:41 PM

:worship: :worship: :worship: exactly. it's not like nadia is the only player who has cakewalks SOMETIMES......all of our favorites have. she won because she played her heart out.

vogus
May 6th, 2006, 09:41 PM
:tape: :lol:

BTW Petrova gets exposed in slams and big tournies . Let her have her 15 minutes of fame :wavey: Her non descript boring game is just a flash in the pan waiting to flame out

say what you like about her results, but Nadya's game isn't boring. Boring is one dimensional flat-bashers like Davenport, Sharapova and Ivanovic.

IceHock
May 6th, 2006, 09:44 PM
she probably sleeps with the tournament director.no lol j/k i really don't know maybe because she is high ranked,and she prolly does get a little luck missing out on the big guns.

Ceze
May 6th, 2006, 10:10 PM
ok,ok, never underestimate Ana too :devil::haha:true! :lol:

hablo
May 6th, 2006, 10:14 PM
:rolleyes:

People used to say the same thing about Mauresmo, but look at her draw here!

It's just the luck of the draw and it's up to whoever gets the lucky draw to take advantage of it!!!!!
yeah, like at the AO, alot of posters were complaining that the draw was top heavy too ;)

Shenanigans
May 6th, 2006, 10:44 PM
This is probably one of the luckiest draws I have ever seen but it is not her fault, I don't think Amélie or Kim got draws like this, there is 4 slam champions in the top half two of them multiple champions and a player who has been a runner up in slams twice.
In the bottom half not so much as a sniff of a slam final.

SvetaPleaseWin.
May 6th, 2006, 11:04 PM
take a closer look though. Petrova will probably have to play Zvonareva, Zheng, and Safina in her first three matches - all of whom are pretty dangerous clay players. For the #2 seed, that's not a "cake walk" at all.

zvonareva??? :crazy:

zheng-love her but her style doesnt really work against a petrova style player

safina-again great player but ever so slightly :crazy: who knows how she will play

Steffica Greles
May 7th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Could it be that a) She hasn't been injured, and b) She hasn't lost to Craybas, to Groenfeld, or even to Schnyder.
See my point?

I think people are very selective when looking at Petrova's results. She's been an elite player for almost three years now - and comfortably. She's been no flash in the pan. She's just taking the gradual root.

Shoulderpova
May 7th, 2006, 01:37 AM
:yawn:

iPatty
May 7th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Stop making dumb threads. Stop hating on Nadia because she is winning. Stop being such an ignorant troll wannabe.

Diesel
May 7th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Someone is always accused of getting a cakewalk. It's Nadia's turn I see :rolleyes:

WIMBLY2004
May 7th, 2006, 01:49 AM
maybe petrova made a deal with the wta

in return for playing nearly every week, shes gets easy opponents

:lol:

Marshmallow
May 7th, 2006, 02:14 AM
It's just so hard to like Petrova. She's really dull, a viewer switch off, when you root for her to win, her mental issues rear their head, and when you want her opponent to win, they breakdown, and she gets away with it. Horrendus. It also does help, there she has an awful posture / no neck. But what ca you. I guess it's her turn to bask in some glory, considering she's taken this long to win her first few titles.

*Sigh* And to think, with a top draw that tough, the other finalists will have been softened up, by the tough matches, that Petrova will again take advantage.

morningglory
May 7th, 2006, 03:12 AM
It's just so hard to like Petrova. She's really dull, a viewer switch off, when you root for her to win, her mental issues rear their head, and when you want her opponent to win, they breakdown, and she gets away with it. Horrendus. It also does help, there she has an awful posture / no neck. But what ca you. I guess it's her turn to bask in some glory, considering she's taken this long to win her first few titles.

*Sigh* And to think, with a top draw that tough, the other finalists will have been softened up, by the tough matches, that Petrova will again take advantage.
:o you could say the same for pre-AO 06 Momo... and yet u were her fan... hmmm...