PDA

View Full Version : I am so happy i discovered yesterday Aga

pla
May 6th, 2006, 03:48 PM
I now there are many threads about this and a lot of people has been very impressed. But I am so happy I saw this young tennis player. :D

She is what I was waiting from a junior player for so long. Her game is so complete for a 17yr-old, she uses her head, moves fantasticly well, has a good touch, is not affraid of going to the net.. OMG :bounce: And her attitude on court :worship:

I became instant fan of hers. Bravo to her father who didn't teach her to hit hard or harder like the majority of the juniors today.

That's it, I just wanted to say it :angel:

P.S. I hope this success is not too much for her. ;)

tennismaster8820
May 6th, 2006, 04:31 PM
I'm also her new fan, and I was very impressed with the way she played! I know that it's too early, but she could be the next Hingis type of a player!

adam_ads_n
May 6th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Well We have now 2 good players: Marta Domachowska, Agnieszka Radwańska but we shouldn't forget about Aga's younger sister Ula, who is even said to be a bigger talent than her sister :) I Hope wel will have 3 players in top 50 in 2-3 years :)

pla
May 6th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Well We have now 2 good players: Marta Domachowska, Agnieszka Radwańska but we shouldn't forget about Aga's younger sister Ula, who is even said to be a bigger talent than her sister :) I Hope wel will have 3 players in top 50 in 2-3 years :)

Yes, I know about her ;) And I know people say she's even more talented than her sister. But I never saw her play, so :shrug: ;)

But what I saw yesterday was quite amazing comming from a 17 year old girl. Gosh, I still can't believe how happy and amazed I was, so much maturity in this game :D

Anyways, I always have place for new faves, so Ula's welcome at any time :lol:

Btw, how do you pronounce their name? Is it, rAdwanska or radwAnska? (sorry for the small first letter, it's to make the stress.. ) And des radwa means "to make glad/happy; rejoice, gladden; please"?

adam_ads_n
May 6th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Yes, I know about her ;) And I know people say she's even more talented than her sister. But I never saw her play, so :shrug: ;)

But what I saw yesterday was quite amazing comming from a 17 year old girl. Gosh, I still can't believe how happy and amazed I was, so much maturity in this game :D

Anyways, I always have place for new faves, so Ula's welcome at any time :lol:

Btw, how do you pronounce their name? Is it, rAdwanska or radwAnska? (sorry for the small first letter, it's to make the stress.. ) And des radwa means "to make glad/happy; rejoice, gladden; please"?
I marked the correct one :)

And Radwa is not what you think it is :) It's rather "rada" is happy but it is more in "Old Polish". Happy is szczęsliwy/szczęśliwa but make happy, glad can also be być szczęśliwym, być zadowoloinym :) Polish is complicated :)

pla
May 6th, 2006, 05:05 PM
I marked the correct one :)

And Radwa is not what you think it is :) It's rather "rada" is happy but it is more in "Old Polish". Happy is szczęsliwy/szczęśliwa but make happy, glad can also be być szczęśliwym, być zadowoloinym :) Polish is complicated :)

Oh we have shtastliv/shtastliva- it's the same root.

Thanks for the stress ;)

SloKid
May 6th, 2006, 07:57 PM
I now there are many threads about this and a lot of people has been very impressed. But I am so happy I saw this young tennis player. :D

She is what I was waiting from a junior player for so long. Her game is so complete for a 17yr-old, she uses her head, moves fantasticly well, has a good touch, is not affraid of going to the net.. OMG :bounce: And her attitude on court :worship:

I became instant fan of hers. Bravo to her father who didn't teach her to hit hard or harder like the majority of the juniors today.

That's it, I just wanted to say it :angel:

P.S. I hope this success is not too much for her. ;)
Ditto here. :)

crazillo
May 6th, 2006, 08:08 PM
I am a bit sad I didn't see her, but I really want players like her. Tatjana Malek is another good example.

Those players are the ones I like, considering I am a creative player myself (so I can identify a lot better with those players).

pla
May 6th, 2006, 08:23 PM
I am a bit sad I didn't see her, but I really want players like her. Tatjana Malek is another good example.

Those players are the ones I like, considering I am a creative player myself (so I can identify a lot better with those players).

Don't be sad you didn't see her. If she continues to play the way she played from what we've seen during the set and a half eurosport transimission, you'll see her very soon ;)

This girl not only has the shots but her shot-selection was of someone with lots of experience. One would not believe this was her first wta tour md. I mean, not everything's perfect, her forehand can be worked-on a bit, her serve needs work and especially the second one but it was amazing :D

And btw, she seemed to me tall and still she moved SO well. So I hope, I really hope she won't stop her progression and continue because she can be the next junior player combining variety, mind and power (she's not a power-player but when she wants, she can smack the ball, her timing and racket-head speed are very good).

*JR*
May 6th, 2006, 08:29 PM
I'm not familiar with this girl, but few 17 year olds who will make an impact in the WTA are still mainly juniors @ 17. Two who were (Junior #1's, no less) are Kirsten Flipkens and Barbora Strycova, if a pattern begins to emerge here.

Piotr'ek
May 6th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Tatjana Malek is another good example.
:tape:

Derek.
May 6th, 2006, 10:22 PM
I'm not familiar with this girl, but few 17 year olds who will make an impact in the WTA are still mainly juniors @ 17. Two who were (Junior #1's, no less) are Kirsten Flipkens and Barbora Strycova, if a pattern begins to emerge here.

She hasn't played a junior tournament since December of 2005 and she's played 6 ITF/WTA tournaments this year. She turned 17 in March. I'm pretty sure she is done with juniors. Especially after her run in Warsaw, she should be confident that she can compete with the WTA players. :bounce:

Freakan
May 6th, 2006, 10:25 PM
She hasn't played a junior tournament since December of 2005 and she's played 6 ITF/WTA tournaments this year. She turned 17 in March. I'm pretty sure she is done with juniors. Especially after her run in Warsaw, she should be confident that she can compete with the WTA players. :bounce:

In her interview she said she would only play junior GS events.

Derek.
May 6th, 2006, 10:26 PM

That's a good idea. :)

chuCKnorris
May 6th, 2006, 10:35 PM
I've heared that she'll only play senior Wimbledon this year (she has wildcard to it) and won't play in juniors. But her sister Ula will play instead and try to defend it for Radwanska family :)

Freakan
May 7th, 2006, 01:49 PM
I've heared that she'll only play senior Wimbledon this year (she has wildcard to it) and won't play in juniors. But her sister Ula will play instead and try to defend it for Radwanska family :)

w kronice J&S mowila, ze swoje starty w juniorach ograniczy do GS, wspominala o graniu w juniorskim FO i Wimbledonie :p