PDA

View Full Version : Navratilova angry her trophies were sold

Elisse
May 6th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Navratilova angry her trophies were sold
FOXSports.com

Martina Navratilova was ticked off after learning this week that some of her Wimbledon trophies were sold at an on-line auction, according to a USA Today report.

Her 1979 Wimbledon doubles trophy ó won with Billie Jean King ó and two singles medallions fetched more than $39,000 on Lelands.com, a sports memorabilia auction house based in Seaford, N.Y.

"I'm very upset," the nine-time Wimbledon singles champ reportedly said from Warsaw, where she was competing in doubles at a Sony Ericsson WTA Tour event. "I have no idea how any of my trophies could end up on an auction site. I am missing a couple of semifinal medallions from 1976 and 1980, and also a few things have gotten lost over the years, but I don't remember giving any of my trophies to anyone, especially Grand Slam trophies. I would never give away a Grand Slam trophy."

A Lelands.com spokesman said the name of the person who provided the Wimbledon memorabilia for auction has been given to the tennis legend's attorneys who reportedly contacted the auction house on Wednesday.

"I would like to know how they have authenticated that it's my trophy," the 49-year-old Navratilova said. "They didn't get in touch with me to even check if it was missing."

As USA Today pointed out Bjorn Borg shocked the tennis world nearly two months ago when he announced his intention to auction five Wimbledon singles trophies for "financial security."

But Borg later decided not to auction his trophies after receiving phone calls from several former tennis stars ó including John McEnroe.

http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/5574882?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=199

:eek:

Mike_T
May 6th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Thatíll be the last time she allows Jennifer to polish her trophies :rolleyes:

Mightymirza
May 6th, 2006, 03:07 PM

:lol: :lol: mean but :lol:

hingis-seles
May 6th, 2006, 03:14 PM

OMG! *dead*

:haha:

Steffica Greles
May 6th, 2006, 03:28 PM

That's like sooo way out. I never stole anything from Martina. All of yous are accusing me without any ev..evi...erm...like, proof that I did it. Basically what happened was when I was, you know, about 15, Martina asked me to go round to her place. I was like "Ewww, sicko", but when I turned up she just wanted to talk about tennis -- aaaaall afternoon. I was like "Is this it? Please, OhMyGod, this is like sooo uncool. Has she not got anything else to think about?". She was real disappointed I hadn't got anythin to bitch about and she started pacing up the room like some loon or something. I was like "overactive or what". So she went out to hit a ball against the wall for a few hours. She said to "help myself to anything". OhmyGod her trophy room (Dad always said mine would be like that one day) was just like sooo full I knew she wouldn't notice if I took something. So I did. HAVE YOUS ALL GOT A F****NG PROBLEM WIV THAT?

griffin
May 7th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Somewhere, Judy Nelson is cackling madly...:tape:

Seriously, I am surpised Leland's didn't contact her to at least authenticate the trophies.

bis2806
May 7th, 2006, 02:52 PM
That's like sooo way out. I never stole anything from Martina. All of yous are accusing me without any ev..evi...erm...like, proof that I did it. Basically what happened was when I was, you know, about 15, Martina asked me to go round to her place. I was like "Ewww, sicko", but when I turned up she just wanted to talk about tennis -- aaaaall afternoon. I was like "Is this it? Please, OhMyGod, this is like sooo uncool. Has she not got anything else to think about?". She was real disappointed I hadn't got anythin to bitch about and she started pacing up the room like some loon or something. I was like "overactive or what". So she went out to hit a ball against the wall for a few hours. She said to "help myself to anything". OhmyGod her trophy room (Dad always said mine would be like that one day) was just like sooo full I knew she wouldn't notice if I took something. So I did. HAVE YOUS ALL GOT A F****NG PROBLEM WIV THAT?

You are not really from England are you :lol:

samn
May 7th, 2006, 02:58 PM

You clearly haven't listened to Capriati nearly enough. There aren't enough you-knows, likes, and I-means in there. ;)

*JR*
May 7th, 2006, 03:06 PM
It would be even funnier if the buyer of one of them paid with a Rainbow Card. :tape:

Steffica Greles
May 7th, 2006, 03:23 PM
You are not really from England are you :lol:

<Winston Churchill accent> Indeed I am, sir.

I just love taking the piss out of Jen Jens. She's great. :)

SAEKeithSerena
May 7th, 2006, 03:24 PM
damn that sucks.

Martian Willow
May 7th, 2006, 03:35 PM

You mean Bohmova, surely.

Mother_Marjorie
May 7th, 2006, 03:49 PM
"I have no idea how any of my trophies could end up on an auction site. I am missing a couple of semifinal medallions from 1976 and 1980, and also a few things have gotten lost over the years, but I don't remember giving any of my trophies to anyone, especially Grand Slam trophies. I would never give away a Grand Slam trophy."

There are two immediate suspects:

Rita Mae Brown
Judy Nelson

The likely culprit:

Judy Nelson

raquel
May 7th, 2006, 04:00 PM
There are two immediate suspects:

Rita Mae Brown
Judy Nelson

The likely culprit:

Judy Nelson
I agree. I think Rita Mae Brown probably doesn't need the money for a start, but also I think she and Martina are on OK terms.

Judy Nelson really landed on her feet the day she met Martina. Maybe her palimony has run out.

Bette_Midler
May 7th, 2006, 04:16 PM
:eek:

griffin
May 7th, 2006, 11:59 PM
It would be even funnier if the buyer of one of them paid with a Rainbow Card. :tape:

You are a bad, bad man.

:haha:

No Name Face
May 8th, 2006, 12:18 AM

LMFAO :haha: